nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index nglreturns.myfreeforum.org
Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Just a thought about Baal and witches.

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Other religions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
Judders Lady...
Senior Community Member


Joined: 31 Mar 2009
Posts: 1817



PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Just a thought about Baal and witches.  Reply with quote

The word Baal also means Lord. It was given to a number of gods.
The semites had a host of Baals, god of springs, trees and animals and other things and the Jews were constantly attracted to worship them.
I have said before that baal worship is described as the worship of the male  forces of nature in some places but not in all. In some he was the sun god.Which is why people mistakenly connect the Jews worshipping the sun at one point.

Now witches worship the forces of nature. Even the witches pentegram holds the elements, earth, wind, fire, water and spirit. 5 is very symbolic of witchcraft and man.
When I was 12 we had a truant officer/wag man named Mr Sanders and his brother and his wife were the high priest and priestess of the white witches in England. I was off ill poorly and he called to see how I was and have a cuppa with my mum. During the visits he told us about his brother and much about witchcraft.

All witchcraft and paganism unbeknown to most all has it's foundation in the black arts. Please don't ask me how I know. Just believe that it is true.
So do witches really worship Baal. Which unbeknown to most is the devil and is steeped in Egyptian mysticism.

Try to take myself on a refresher course. The egyptian cross the ANKH
I saw in a dream when I was a teenager. This was before I knew it existed. The dream was full of witches and one of the reasons I eventually learned to drive.  I am just wondering if anyone else has done any studying on these things and what they have found.
_________________
Beware of the Judderman my dear, when the moon is fat.  Psalm 101:5.Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oak King (rtd)
Junior Community Member


Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 70


Location: Llandeilo, West Wales

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Just a thought about Baal and witches. Reply with quote

Judders Lady... wrote:

Now witches worship the forces of nature. Even the witches pentegram holds the elements, earth, wind, fire, water and spirit. 5 is very symbolic of witchcraft and man.


I can't speak for all witches, but certainly non in my tradition 'worship' any of those things. We might work with their spiritual energies, but worship? No. And AFAIK the number 5 holds no more significance than any other number

Quote:
When I was 12 we had a truant officer/wag man named Mr Sanders and his brother and his wife were the high priest and priestess of the white witches in England. I was off ill poorly and he called to see how I was and have a cuppa with my mum. During the visits he told us about his brother and much about witchcraft.


Would that have been old Alex' Sanders? Something of a luminary in the history of modern Wicca, although we have dropped the term 'white witch'.

Quote:
All witchcraft and paganism unbeknown to most all has it's foundation in the black arts. Please don't ask me how I know. Just believe that it is true.


Sorry but that is just cobblers.

Quote:
So do witches really worship Baal. Which unbeknown to most is the devil and is steeped in Egyptian mysticism.


maybe some do, I have never met any though.

Quote:
Try to take myself on a refresher course. The egyptian cross the ANKH
I saw in a dream when I was a teenager. This was before I knew it existed. The dream was full of witches and one of the reasons I eventually learned to drive.  I am just wondering if anyone else has done any studying on these things and what they have found.


Sorry I'm completely lost now. What have witches and the Ankh to do with learning to drive?
_________________
Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Judders Lady...
Senior Community Member


Joined: 31 Mar 2009
Posts: 1817



PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: Just a thought about Baal and witches. Reply with quote

Oak King (rtd) wrote:
Judders Lady... wrote:

Now witches worship the forces of nature. Even the witches pentegram holds the elements, earth, wind, fire, water and spirit. 5 is very symbolic of witchcraft and man.


I can't speak for all witches, but certainly non in my tradition 'worship' any of those things. We might work with their spiritual energies, but worship? No. And AFAIK the number 5 holds no more significance than any other number


Hi Oak King,

Are you not a traditional witch?
What type of witch are you?

Quote:

Quote:
When I was 12 we had a truant officer/wag man named Mr Sanders and his brother and his wife were the high priest and priestess of the white witches in England. I was off ill poorly and he called to see how I was and have a cuppa with my mum. During the visits he told us about his brother and much about witchcraft.


Would that have been old Alex' Sanders? Something of a luminary in the history of modern Wicca, although we have dropped the term 'white witch'.
 Yup! that's the one.  My neice-in-law is also a witch and she has quite a few books including spell books.


Quote:


Quote:
All witchcraft and paganism unbeknown to most all has it's foundation in the black arts. Please don't ask me how I know. Just believe that it is true.


Sorry but that is just cobblers.


Not so, surely if a witch you know your history?
Quote:

Quote:
So do witches really worship Baal. Which unbeknown to most is the devil and is steeped in Egyptian mysticism.


maybe some do, I have never met any though.


I suppose looking at it that way. Anyone who is not known to God has to be worshipping Satan. After all there is only one God and his adversary.


Quote:
Try to take myself on a refresher course. The egyptian cross the ANKH
I saw in a dream when I was a teenager. This was before I knew it existed. The dream was full of witches and one of the reasons I eventually learned to drive.  I am just wondering if anyone else has done any studying on these things and what they have found.


Sorry I'm completely lost now. What have witches and the Ankh to do with learning to drive?[/quote]

It was a seperate sentence. The dream was full of witches and one of the reasons I learned to drive.  

Thanks for replying Oak King. Want to tell me more about your witch life?

Love JL.xx
_________________
Beware of the Judderman my dear, when the moon is fat.  Psalm 101:5.Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leonard James
Senior Community Member


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 3963


Location: Spain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyone who is not known to God has to be worshipping Satan.
 
No they don't, Lynne dear! Some of us are more balanced than to worship non-existent beings.
Quote:
After all there is only one God and his adversary.

Neither of them exists outside the dream-world that you are lost in, Lynne.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Oak King (rtd)
Junior Community Member


Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 70


Location: Llandeilo, West Wales

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Just a thought about Baal and witches. Reply with quote

[quote="Judders Lady..."]
Oak King (rtd) wrote:
Judders Lady... wrote:

Now witches worship the forces of nature. Even the witches pentegram holds the elements, earth, wind, fire, water and spirit. 5 is very symbolic of witchcraft and man.


I can't speak for all witches, but certainly non in my tradition 'worship' any of those things. We might work with their spiritual energies, but worship? No. And AFAIK the number 5 holds no more significance than any other number


Quote:
Are you not a traditional witch?
What type of witch are you?


That depends on what you mean by a 'traditional witch'. It is a term used by different people to mean different things. If you mean 'British Traditional Witchcraft', then no I am not. I am by training Gardnerian, but am now working with a less traditional coven, which although Gardnerian by inspiration, is a little less hidebound in its outlook and practise.


Quote:
Not so, surely if a witch you know your history?


You are mistaken.


Quote:
I suppose looking at it that way. Anyone who is not known to God has to be worshipping Satan. After all there is only one God and his adversary.


That may be your interpretation, and it is one to which you are entitled. However, we acknowledge no such entity as satan or the devil, and do not consider our beliefs to be adversarial to yours, just different.

Quote:
It was a seperate sentence. The dream was full of witches and one of the reasons I learned to drive.  


It still makes no sense to me. Why would a dream full of witches have any connection with learning to drive?
_________________
Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Judders Lady...
Senior Community Member


Joined: 31 Mar 2009
Posts: 1817



PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leonard James wrote:
Quote:
Anyone who is not known to God has to be worshipping Satan.
 
No they don't, Lynne dear! Some of us are more balanced than to worship non-existent beings.


Good Morning (((Leonard))).

Being well-balanced has nothing to do with faith in God or any other thing man wants to believe-in. When the arguments fail using human wisdom they resort to insult which becomes tedious in making a person to be anything more than their senses. If we are to look at the truth then man basis everything on his senses and without them he would be completely deaf, blind, unfeeling, dumb and know nothing about the world we live in.
So for all the knocking that unbelievers might do. They have nothing but what they put into their brain to go off and without the senses they would not have that. If you were to lose everything tomorrow your brain would only have what it has now and everything would become just a memory till you doubted if it ever existed at all...



Quote:
After all there is only one God and his adversary.

Neither of them exists outside the dream-world that you are lost in, Lynne. [/quote]

Nothing exists outsides your own senses and ability to use them.
So with that in mind... your life and everything happening, even here is all down to the same senses and brain that creates the dream world both here and in sleep existence. What if you sleep existence was the reality and waking hours our unreal world? How do you define and tell differently, concerning these things? Because it is the same for everyone, there would be no way to tell. Could be heightened senses and so sleep world could be the reality...

Love JL.xx
_________________
Beware of the Judderman my dear, when the moon is fat.  Psalm 101:5.Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Judders Lady...
Senior Community Member


Joined: 31 Mar 2009
Posts: 1817



PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Just a thought about Baal and witches. Reply with quote

[quote="Oak King (rtd)"]
Judders Lady... wrote:
Oak King (rtd) wrote:
Judders Lady... wrote:

Now witches worship the forces of nature. Even the witches pentegram holds the elements, earth, wind, fire, water and spirit. 5 is very symbolic of witchcraft and man.


I can't speak for all witches, but certainly non in my tradition 'worship' any of those things. We might work with their spiritual energies, but worship? No. And AFAIK the number 5 holds no more significance than any other number


Quote:
Are you not a traditional witch?
What type of witch are you?


That depends on what you mean by a 'traditional witch'. It is a term used by different people to mean different things. If you mean 'British Traditional Witchcraft', then no I am not. I am by training Gardnerian, but am now working with a less traditional coven, which although Gardnerian by inspiration, is a little less hidebound in its outlook and practise.


It still worships the Horned god the male aspect. Also represented as the Sun god.
Now we are getting nearer the truth...

Quote:

Quote:
Not so, surely if a witch you know your history?


You are mistaken.


You mean you didn't know about the gods and goddesses of witchcraft?

Quote:

Quote:
I suppose looking at it that way. Anyone who is not known to God has to be worshipping Satan. After all there is only one God and his adversary.


That may be your interpretation, and it is one to which you are entitled. However, we acknowledge no such entity as satan or the devil, and do not consider our beliefs to be adversarial to yours, just different.


I am well aware you do not acknowledge the foundations of truth within your beliefs. Those truths which ancient beliefs show that the horned god is based upon Satan himself. Masking his indentity is one of his best assets.  But if you trace your history from before Gardner to the true Wicca religion, and yes it is a religion ( with gods and goddesses) they all come from the ancient rites of the black arts.






Quote:

Quote:
It was a seperate sentence. The dream was full of witches and one of the reasons I learned to drive.  


It still makes no sense to me. Why would a dream full of witches have any connection with learning to drive?


Witchcraft doesn't make sense but you are still claiming to be a witch.
What forces can really help you if they are made-up?
So really you are making much ado about nothing...

Love JL.xx
_________________
Beware of the Judderman my dear, when the moon is fat.  Psalm 101:5.Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oak King (rtd)
Junior Community Member


Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 70


Location: Llandeilo, West Wales

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Just a thought about Baal and witches. Reply with quote

Quote:
It still worships the Horned god the male aspect. Also represented as the Sun god.


And?

Quote:
Now we are getting nearer the truth...


I have no problem with 'truth'

Quote:
You mean you didn't know about the gods and goddesses of witchcraft?


We acknowledge only one god and one goddess.

Quote:
I am well aware you do not acknowledge the foundations of truth within your beliefs.


I do not acknowledge your interpretation of foundations of truth, no. However I suggest that you have virtually no idea about my beliefs and therefore to presume that you do demonstrates arrogance of the highest order.

Quote:
Those truths which ancient beliefs show that the horned god is based upon Satan himself.


Sadly (for you) the concept of the horned god predates Christianity by a long, long, time. satan does not exist as far as we are concerned. I suggest you keep your beliefs in that entity within theboundaries of your own faith and not try to foist it onto mine.

Quote:
Masking his indentity is one of his best assets.  But if you trace your history from before Gardner to the true Wicca religion, and yes it is a religion ( with gods and goddesses) they all come from the ancient rites of the black arts.


Sorry again, but your understanding of modern Wicca is as confused as that of any of the 'Fluffy Bunny' pagans I have encountered over the years.

Quote:
Witchcraft doesn't make sense but you are still claiming to be a witch.


Christianity doesn't make any sense (to me) yet you are still claiming to be a Christian.

Quote:
What forces can really help you if they are made-up?
So really you are making much ado about nothing...


Thanks, but I have all the help I need. No, it is you making much ado about nothing.

I entered this exchange in the mistaken belief that you perhaps had a smattering of understanding of modern Wicca. My mistake. It seems there is nothing to be gained from any further exchanges with you.
_________________
Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leonard James
Senior Community Member


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 3963


Location: Spain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey, Lynne, just when I think you can't get any vaguer you confound me!  

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Other religions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum