nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index nglreturns.myfreeforum.org
Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


New Start

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
Lexilogio
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 7585


Location: North of the Watford Gap

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: New Start  Reply with quote

Ralph has rejoined - and promised to obey forum rules.

For that - I expect him to be granted a clean slate, and allowed to debate. Its easy to get caught up along a line, if he wants to start over, I think that should be accepted.

Rules apply - no personal insults outside of the Bear Pit. I expect common courtesy on both sides.
_________________
Lexi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jim
Senior Community Member


Joined: 15 Jun 2011
Posts: 4842


Location: South West Scotland

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then, in a spirit of friendship, welcome back, Ralph.
_________________
Christians accept One God, Triune in nature.
SAOR ALBA GU BRATH!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketty
Moderator


Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Posts: 7376


Location: Walking the narrow path, singing merrily and living Victoriously

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The clean slate idea is brilliant - but I hope it means he will admit his past behaviour and apologise to those he threatened.   If he doesn't accept his threats, and his duplicitous behaviour, and apologise for them, then the slate will still be stained.  Once he accepts what he's done, I'll be the first to draw a line under it and move on.  If he cannot accept it, then I'm afraid it will be the same old, same old - if not sooner, then before long.
_________________
<><Although Christians and Mormons use the same words such as grace, faith, God and sin, they mean very different things by them. Beware the poison!><>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketty
Moderator


Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Posts: 7376


Location: Walking the narrow path, singing merrily and living Victoriously

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read his Tweets and do not get any sense at all of him being remorseful for his previous behaviour - just an almost, demand, to be allowed to return, plus, an attempt to lay down his own ground rules.  I can't see any change in attitude to be frank.  Let him back and we'll see . . . I'd love to be proved incorrect.
_________________
<><Although Christians and Mormons use the same words such as grace, faith, God and sin, they mean very different things by them. Beware the poison!><>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Derek
Senior Community Member


Joined: 15 Jul 2013
Posts: 4885



PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: New Start Reply with quote

Lexilogio wrote:
Ralph has rejoined - and promised to obey forum rules.

For that - I expect him to be granted a clean slate, and allowed to debate. Its easy to get caught up along a line, if he wants to start over, I think that should be accepted.

Rules apply - no personal insults outside of the Bear Pit. I expect common courtesy on both sides.


To All Posters

Thank you Lexi for letting everyone know that I have returned, it is very much appreciated. I am also very grateful that you have asked members to grant me a clean slate allowing me to debate without being victimized or maltreated. I will do all that I can to vindicate and justify your trust in my behavior.

May I take this opportunity to apologize to all those concerned for producing sock puppets in the attempt to deceive my fellow poster, however, none of the pseudonyms that I have use has ever threatened anyone. There have been sock puppets here for whom I have not been responsible for. I can only but assume that it was one of those who did the threatening. I am unable to apologize on their behalf.

To reiterate who I am. My name is Ralph and I am a Christian. I was a very active Mormon for many years so I do have a good knowledge on what they do and what they believe in. I do not dislike the faith, on the contrary. I eventually I had to concede to some of my disbelief in their doctrine and organizational incredulity.  Therefore. I will not be judging them. I am now an independent Christians who belongs to the church of "two or more gathered in his name."

My beliefs are that I am an evolutionist but that I firmly believe in the creation, whether it be factual, symbolic or allegoric. I believe that the Mosaic Law has been fulfilled and replaced by the Abrahamic Law. I believe in God, the Father, in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost. I do not have a belief in the Trinity on the grounds that I can find no evidence to support its existence. Likewise with God Incarnate. I believe that through the Resurrection all will receive salvation, however, I believe that eternal life is predicated on the atonement of Christ and that our works will be a factor in its determination. I firmly believe that men should enjoy the privilege of worshiping the God of their choice and that nobody has the right to dictate which is the right or wrong faith to follow. Lastly, I believe that the liar, according to Mormon Scripture, will be thrust into hell. I do not welcome such an eventuality so I do my best to be honest and truthful with my fellow men. What I write is usually my opinion, unless it is backed up with evidence. I have never drawn "First Blood" and will continue never to draw "First Blood" in cooperation with the requisites laid down by Lexi.


I hope that we can have some good constructive debates and look forward to hearing alternative points of views. I usually tell it as I believe it to be but I am not rude and I do not respond to profanity. I see no necessity for it when there are plenty of words that one can use instead. Because I have made a promise to Lexi not to insult anybody outside of the Bull Ring I will not be responding to any personal attacks on me. Should they be severe or brutal I will report it to Lexi without hesitation.

Ralph
_________________
Christians believe in the Godhead. God, the father, and his son, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, who testifies of His Truth. Three  Separate and Distinct Individuals. Anything else is false doctrine, the teaching of men.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Derek
Senior Community Member


Joined: 15 Jul 2013
Posts: 4885



PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketty wrote:
I've read his Tweets and do not get any sense at all of him being remorseful for his previous behaviour - just an almost, demand, to be allowed to return, plus, an attempt to lay down his own ground rules.  I can't see any change in attitude to be frank.  Let him back and we'll see . . . I'd love to be proved incorrect.


Below are the four tweets I sent to Lexi. Could I ask you to show me where, within those four tweets, have I shown no remorse for past behavior, where I have made any unreasonable demands, where I have tried to lay down my own ground rules, where I have not demonstrated a change in attitude. Very much appreciated


1. You Said - Should Ralph choose to agree to adhere by the rules, he would be welcome back to debate in a reasonable fashion. How?

2. I agree not to personally insult anybody, however, I do not expect to be personally insulted either, just my post Is that fair?

3.  I will not be retaliating to insults I will be reporting it to you if it is severe. My objective is amicable debate

4. OK
_________________
Christians believe in the Godhead. God, the father, and his son, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, who testifies of His Truth. Three  Separate and Distinct Individuals. Anything else is false doctrine, the teaching of men.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketty
Moderator


Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Posts: 7376


Location: Walking the narrow path, singing merrily and living Victoriously

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph2 wrote:

Below are the four tweets I sent to Lexi. Could I ask you to show me where, within those four tweets, have I shown no remorse for past behavior, where I have made any unreasonable demands, where I have tried to lay down my own ground rules, where I have not demonstrated a change in attitude. Very much appreciated


I am not going to get into that sort of conversation with you.

Ralph2 wrote:

May I take this opportunity to apologize to all those concerned for producing sock puppets in the attempt to deceive my fellow poster, however, none of the pseudonyms that I have use has ever threatened anyone. ["Ralph", an aide memoire for you:  http://nglreturns.myfreeforum.org...21.php&highlight=justin#84721 ] There have been sock puppets here for whom I have not been responsible for. I can only but assume that it was one of those who did the threatening. I am unable to apologize on their behalf.


My response:  Thank you for your partial apology and partial confession.  I note you have not promised to not repeat the behaviour.   You did threaten to hack my account among other threats to other people.  I will be bluntly honest and say your apology sounds half-hearted and insincere, taking no account of the disruption you caused, and because of your behaviour I do not trust you one inch.  Only time will tell whether or not it's sincere.  I hope you prove yourself to be trustworthy.

ETA:  Sadly, my hope has been proved to be misplaced.  
_________________
<><Although Christians and Mormons use the same words such as grace, faith, God and sin, they mean very different things by them. Beware the poison!><>


Last edited by Ketty on Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cyberman
Senior Community Member


Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 3750


Location: Edinburgh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: New Start Reply with quote

Lexilogio wrote:
Ralph has rejoined - and promised to obey forum rules.

For that - I expect him to be granted a clean slate, and allowed to debate. Its easy to get caught up along a line, if he wants to start over, I think that should be accepted.

Rules apply - no personal insults outside of the Bear Pit. I expect common courtesy on both sides.


How's he doing, would you say?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Boyg
Senior Community Member


Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 3527



PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: New Start Reply with quote

cyberman wrote:
How's he doing, would you say?


I think that some people haven't been prepared to give him a chance and have hounded him relentlessly for things that happened prior to the "clean slate".

Less than that has been called "bullying" in some other places.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum