nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index nglreturns.myfreeforum.org
Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Polymyalgia.
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Health
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Leonard James
Senior Community Member


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 3963


Location: Spain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Polymyalgia.  Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have recently been diagnosed with polymyalgia, and having got through the first agonising weeks am feeling a tad better.

I now have appointments for further x-rays and bone density tests, which I presume are a prelude to putting me on corticosteroids.

Has anybody any experience of the disease that they feel prepared to talk about?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Shaker
Site Admin


Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 8694



PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not in my case, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear you've been unwell, Leonard. I'm delighted you're feeling better now.
_________________
There’s no reason to be agnostic about ideas that are dramatically incompatible with everything we know about modern science. - Sean M. Carroll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Grantus Maximus
Junior Community Member


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Posts: 108


Location: East Yorkshire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Len

Can't help with your enquiry about polymyalgia I'm afraid, but just wanted to give you my best wishes and hope these forums help take your mind off things from time to time.



GM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leonard James
Senior Community Member


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 3963


Location: Spain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grantus Maximus wrote:
Hi Len

Can't help with your enquiry about polymyalgia I'm afraid, but just wanted to give you my best wishes and hope these forums help take your mind off things from time to time.



GM

I can assure you GM that posting has been an enormous help in that sense. But I'm happy to say that the worst is behind me (I hope) and that the pain is well under control now with the use of anti-inflammation and pain-killing tablets.

Thank you both GM and Steve for your wishes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ketty
Moderator


Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Posts: 7376


Location: Walking the narrow path, singing merrily and living Victoriously

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's horrible to live with constant pain - debilitating and depressing.  Hope the medication continues to keep things under control and I'm sure living in a warmer climate must help. ((( Lennie )))
_________________
<><Although Christians and Mormons use the same words such as grace, faith, God and sin, they mean very different things by them. Beware the poison!><>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lexilogio
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 7585


Location: North of the Watford Gap

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No experience I'm afraid.

I've just done a quick internet check to see if it is another name for any other form, but it isn't.

This is a link to the British Guidelines issued by the British Society of Rheumatology

The European League against Rheumatism doesn't appear to have released anything as yet.

I hope you get the steroids soon.
_________________
Lexi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leonard James
Senior Community Member


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 3963


Location: Spain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Ket and Lexi ... the guidlines site was very interesting.

The two things that are annoying me most now are total lack of appetite (I have always been a very happy feeder), and the total lack of energy or inclination to do anything.

So I have to force myself to eat and do all the things that I previously did without thinking about it, and I am determined to overcome it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
gone
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 6411


Location: UK

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Polymyalgia. Reply with quote

Leonard James wrote:
Hi all,

I have recently been diagnosed with polymyalgia, and having got through the first agonising weeks am feeling a tad better.

I now have appointments for further x-rays and bone density tests, which I presume are a prelude to putting me on corticosteroids.

Has anybody any experience of the disease that they feel prepared to talk about?


Oh you poor chap.  Thinking of you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketty
Moderator


Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Posts: 7376


Location: Walking the narrow path, singing merrily and living Victoriously

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leonard James wrote:
Thank you Ket and Lexi ... the guidlines site was very interesting.

The two things that are annoying me most now are total lack of appetite (I have always been a very happy feeder), and the total lack of energy or inclination to do anything.

So I have to force myself to eat and do all the things that I previously did without thinking about it, and I am determined to overcome it.


Oh, Lennie!  Keep strong and determined my friend.  Echinacea can help your immune system (in case it's an auto-immune, thing) and sustained release Vit C can give you a boost too (anti-oxidant).  It's important that you keep yourself well-nourished, even if you don't feel like it.  ((( hug )))
_________________
<><Although Christians and Mormons use the same words such as grace, faith, God and sin, they mean very different things by them. Beware the poison!><>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leonard James
Senior Community Member


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 3963


Location: Spain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketty wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
Thank you Ket and Lexi ... the guidlines site was very interesting.

The two things that are annoying me most now are total lack of appetite (I have always been a very happy feeder), and the total lack of energy or inclination to do anything.

So I have to force myself to eat and do all the things that I previously did without thinking about it, and I am determined to overcome it.


Oh, Lennie!  Keep strong and determined my friend.  Echinacea can help your immune system (in case it's an auto-immune, thing) and sustained release Vit C can give you a boost too (anti-oxidant).  It's important that you keep yourself well-nourished, even if you don't feel like it.  ((( hug )))

Hi Ket,

Thank you for the tips ... I shall follow up both of them after consulting the doc.

By an incredible coincidence I am just growing in my garden for the first time ever a variety of Echinacea, the Purple Cone Flower! If I believed in God I would attribute that to him, rather than coincidence!  

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Health All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum