Archive for nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 



       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Christian chat
bnabernard

alter or barbecue?

Well was it an alter or a barbecue?

bernard (hug)
Powwow

A bit confused on that are ya. lol Just for fun let's call it a BBQ.
Jim

Re: alter or barbecue?

We have niether in the CofS.
bnabernard

pow wow wrote:
A bit confused on that are ya. lol Just for fun let's call it a BBQ.

Why?

bernard (hug)
cyberman

What's this thread about?
gone

I was wondering what the heck it is about too?
Powwow

I thought it was about using maple sugar charcoal.
Jim

My guess is it's either an inquiry about the benefits of KFC, or potential pitfalls of BBQing a Mars Bar.

Am I close?
Lexilogio

Would you rather spend Sunday in church or having a barbacue?
cyberman

Lexilogio wrote:
Would you rather spend Sunday in church or having a barbacue?


Ohh!

Well neither. As a rule, church takes an hour or so in the morning and a barbecue takes a couple of hours in the late afternoon or evening.

Isn't it a bit like asking 'would you rather spend Saturday having scrambled eggs for breakfast or going for a bike ride on Holy Island?'?
bnabernard

What was an alter?
I seem to remember something about God enjoying the smell of the cooking/burning sacrifice of the lamb (or whatever) so lamb, baa, being a few of them they would 'b' in a que, .... original baa b que, and burnt offerings,    

bernard (hug)
Powwow

My fondest family memories is when we would be in the mountains on a Sunday morning. Dad would take us on a hike up a mountainside and we would look for a small meadow with logs to sit on. Dad would open his Bible and we would have church.
Then there was the church camp along the Little Red Deer River. Sundays you could have church,  a BBQ, a swim, and as in my case, one Sunday evening I walked into the middle of the river and was baptized.
Jim

Yep.
Your account brought back some memories for me as well, pow wow.
Hikes on Mull and the Uists with friends from the Iona Community, for one. One of the unwritten rules is that, when you come in, denomination and rank go out. You could be cooking over the campfire with a Southern Baptist preacher and an African R.C. Bishop.
Breaking bread and sharing wine in communion together (despite - or regardless - of the various Churches rules) in the morning, the event totally informal, led by someone drawn by lot. The smell of the campfire, bees in the heather, a golden eagle in the backdrop, and not a cloud in a windless sky. The silent prayers, singing a few songs unaccompanied, and sitting together, sharing Christ in word and action.

That's church!
JamesJah

Hallow I see you are all still holding to tradition accept for BNA who has seen the light but likes to wear sunglasses, the same as every body else.


Leviticus 3:3-5
And he must present some of the communion sacrifice as an offering made by fire to Jehovah, namely, the fat that covers the intestines, even all the fat that is over the intestines, and the two kidneys and the fat that is upon them, the same as that upon the loins. And as for the appendage upon the liver, he will remove it along with the kidneys. And Aaron’s sons must make it smoke on the altar, upon the burnt offering that is over the wood that is on the fire, as an offering made by fire of a restful odour to Jehovah.


Now is BNA making light of communion with Jehovah?
Jim

Hmmmm
So: Communion.
Have you - as per the instructions of Jesus*, partaken of the Lord's Supper, Jmes?


*-God Incarnate.
Ketty

pow wow wrote:
My fondest family memories is when we would be in the mountains on a Sunday morning. Dad would take us on a hike up a mountainside and we would look for a small meadow with logs to sit on. Dad would open his Bible and we would have church.
Then there was the church camp along the Little Red Deer River. Sundays you could have church,  a BBQ, a swim, and as in my case, one Sunday evening I walked into the middle of the river and was baptized.


Wonderful!  

I love a church without walls.  
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
Hmmmm
So: Communion.
Have you - as per the instructions of Jesus*, partaken of the Lord's Supper, Jmes?


*-God Incarnate.


Hallow Jim long time away but things still the same are they not?

Should you be saying a god incarnate by now rather than God incarnate?

Or is the church still in confusion over who is the almighty God, and who is the lamb that takes away the sin of the world by his poured out blood, for the sin of mankind which an incarnate god offered to his Father the almighty ruler of the universe?
Jim

No confussion!
We trust ourselves to Christ Jesus - the I AM who was before Abraham!
Ketty

Jim wrote:
No confussion!
We trust ourselves to Christ Jesus - the I AM who was before Abraham!


Yes, and Amen.
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
No confussion!
We trust ourselves to Christ Jesus - the I AM who was before Abraham!


Jesus is Jesus and Jehovah is Jehovah are they not?

There is only one Almighty God is there not, it is not possible to have two Almightiest now is it?
Jim

Agreed....which is why I posted my last post.
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
Agreed....which is why I posted my last post.


But are you agreed there can be other gods?
Ketty

JamesJah wrote:

But are you agreed there can be other gods?


People make their own gods, so in a sense other gods exist; but they are not the true God, ie, I AM: the triune Godhead.
Jim

Of course there are other gods; James. People made them.
Christ Jesus is not Amun, Osiris, Re-HoraKHTY, aTEN, mOLECH, bAAL, eNKIL,, zEUS OR THE REST.
hE IS THE i am.
tHE i aM IS THE ONLY TRUE gOD.....ANYTHING LESS IS NOT cHRISTIANITY.
JamesJah

So you are still teaching that to be a follower of Christ we have to believe that he was not really who he said he is but who some Pope says he is, now how is that when he said quite plainly the Father is greater than I am, which equals he was not the Almighty does it not?

John 14:28
If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am.
Jim

Really, James.
You need to get yourself a decent interlinear and translation ( that is, one which was not corrupted by anonymous so-called translators whose provenanc and qualifications are untested)
Then you can start quoting Scripture with authority.
Oh, and talking about authority, why not ditch that false, quasi-Christian occult founded charlatan of an organisation you adhere to, whose founder was a dubious character at best, and a delusional fraud at worst.
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
Really, James.
You need to get yourself a decent interlinear and translation ( that is, one which was not corrupted by anonymous so-called translators whose provenanc and qualifications are untested)
Then you can start quoting Scripture with authority.
Oh, and talking about authority, why not ditch that false, quasi-Christian occult founded charlatan of an organisation you adhere to, whose founder was a dubious character at best, and a delusional fraud at worst.


I have searched out the teachings of most religions and have found only one living up to what is required by Jesus of the faithful slave.

Most other religions have prostituted themselves with the wild beast the kings of the earth which are going to bring them to ruin, so no point in supporting any of them now is there?

Revelation 18:4-8
I heard another voice out of heaven say:

Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues

For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind. Render to her even as she herself rendered, and do to her twice as much, yes, twice the number of the things she did; in the cup in which she put a mixture put twice as much of the mixture for her. To the extent that she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury, to that extent give her torment and mourning. For in her heart she keeps saying, ‘I sit a queen, and I am no widow, and I shall never see mourning.’ That is why in one day her plagues will come, death and mourning and famine, and she will be completely burned with fire, because Jehovah God, who judged her, is strong.
Jim

When you can convince me that:
A) God would willingly use a deluded fraud who used a pagan symbol to calculate Biblical events.
B) God would take as his so-called "faithful slave" (Joke of the week) a group which continually churns out dates for the parousia - specifically disregarding the injunctions of Christ in doing so - and wilfully creating false prophesies to direct its' adherents in an effort to maintain control.
C) that that group created a translation of the word of God so biased toward its'  own preconceived theology that it is useless for serious study, and that that translation was created by unknown people with no peer-reviewed qualifications, systemic method of translation, or accepted accreditation, in an effort to reshape scripture in its' own image.
 ...do you wish any more, James? the evident corrupt nature of your religion makes serious debate both useless and anathema until you can deal with these points, which you have so far spectacularly failed to do.
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
When you can convince me that:
A) God would willingly use a deluded fraud who used a pagan symbol to calculate Biblical events.
B) God would take as his so-called "faithful slave" (Joke of the week) a group which continually churns out dates for the parousia - specifically disregarding the injunctions of Christ in doing so - and wilfully creating false prophesies to direct its' adherents in an effort to maintain control.
C) that that group created a translation of the word of God so biased toward its'  own preconceived theology that it is useless for serious study, and that that translation was created by unknown people with no peer-reviewed qualifications, systemic method of translation, or accepted accreditation, in an effort to reshape scripture in its' own image.
 ...do you wish any more, James? the evident corrupt nature of your religion makes serious debate both useless and anathema until you can deal with these points, which you have so far spectacularly failed to do.


No Jim the ones that Jehovah uses are those that have repented of their foolishness and turned to doing the will of God as revealed by his son.

Matthew 7:21
but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.

Are you doing the will of the Father?
Jim

So that rules out Russell, his succesors, and the staff at Brooklyn then?
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
So that rules out Russell, his succesors, and the staff at Brooklyn then?


How does your judgement harmonise with scripture then?

Or do you do what all those who can not see tradition for what it is?

Which religion is obedient to the Almighty as respecting the sanctity of blood?
Jim

Eh?
after looking at the "Silent Lambs" site, I'd suggest that the wtbts would be the last in the queue when looking for an example of love.
Mind control;
Self agrandissment,
deception,
falsehood,


but NOT love.
Glad you class this group as a seperate religion, though, because Christian they are NOT!
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
Eh?
after looking at the "Silent Lambs" site, I'd suggest that the wtbts would be the last in the queue when looking for an example of love.
Mind control;
Self agrandissment,
deception,
falsehood,


but NOT love.
Glad you class this group as a seperate religion, though, because Christian they are NOT!



So this is the major prophecy they are fulfilling are they not?

John 15:17-19
These things I command you, that you love one another. If the world hates you, you know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, on this account the world hates you.
Jim

Nope.
The only prophecies the deceitful wtbts are fulfilling are those concerning the false prophets Jesus warns us to avoid.
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
Nope.
The only prophecies the deceitful wtbts are fulfilling are those concerning the false prophets Jesus warns us to avoid.


Is this one of the prophets you keep avoiding?

2 Timothy 3:1-7
But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God,

 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away,
Jim

Nope...
Bearing false witness, as in
Russell the Pyramidiot occultist;
Rutheerford the deceiver;
Numerous dates of a so-called parousia - specifically ignoring the injunction on doing so given in Scripture.
Mistranslation of the said Scripture.


Do you wish more?
I can easily provide countless examples of the duplicitous, deceitful ways in which this evil group has corrupted the Gospel.
Jim

Read the following site, James.
I challenge you to refute its' claims, citing reputable unbiased sources as your defence.
http://www.theforbiddenknowledge..../dirty_watchtower_secrets_pt2.htm
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
Nope...
Bearing false witness, as in
Russell the Pyramidiot occultist;
Rutheerford the deceiver;
Numerous dates of a so-called parousia - specifically ignoring the injunction on doing so given in Scripture.
Mistranslation of the said Scripture.


Do you wish more?
I can easily provide countless examples of the duplicitous, deceitful ways in which this evil group has corrupted the Gospel.


Jehovah's witnesses do not quote prophecy according to Rutherford we quote it according to the word of God.

When did Jesus start his rule do you or the Pope know?

Do you know that Jesus has started his rule according to the prophetic word?

You should do I remember showing you in the past, have you moved forward in your understanding? Or are you still in the world of Russell and his struggle to discover the truth from the word of God which had been so deformed by church tradition.
Jim

Who said anything about the Pope?
He wasn't the deceiver (a title given to Satan, but also, apropriately to Russell and Rutherford, his cohorts) who started ythis misguided outfit...Oh, and having any progress refuting ANY of the items on that site, yet?
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
Who said anything about the Pope?
He wasn't the deceiver (a title given to Satan, but also, apropriately to Russell and Rutherford, his cohorts) who started ythis misguided outfit...Oh, and having any progress refuting ANY of the items on that site, yet?


Where did you get the doctrine of the trinity from, people burn in hell when they die, every body goes to heaven, and religion should support the League of Nations, then the United Nations?

Who drew attention to the end time prophecies being fulfilled?

Which religions are still in darkness while JW’s have move forward into the light?

Daniel 12:1, 2
During that time Michael will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of the sons of your people. And there will certainly occur a time of distress such as has not been made to occur since there came to be a nation until that time. And during that time your people will escape, every one who is found written down in the book. And there will be many of those asleep in the ground of dust who will wake up, these to indefinitely lasting life and those to reproaches [and] to indefinitely lasting abhorrence.

Daniel 12:3
The ones having insight will shine like the brightness of the expanse; and those who are bringing the many to righteousness, like the stars to time indefinite, even forever.

Revelation 12:7
War broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled

Revelation 12:10
Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down.

When was the last time any church taught these thing with understanding as to who was bringing them about?
Jim

So you have ducked out of trying to refute the points made on the site....
Big surprise.....not!
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
So you have ducked out of trying to refute the points made on the site....
Big surprise.....not!


What is the point you wish to believe what you believe regardless of the facts of the case, how is father Christmas these days still going strong?

Have you checked the word I AM with a Hebrew dictionary yet?
JamesJah

Jim

Father Christmas?
Not my  scene, James.
Just as not refuting points on a site appears to be yours.
As usual.
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
Father Christmas?
Not my  scene, James.
Just as not refuting points on a site appears to be yours.
As usual.


You only need to refer to the publication reasoning from the scriptures page 417 par. 4 Trinity  for your answer, as published by the people that you keep trying to condemn.

The material is copy write so it can not be cut and pasted.
Jim

Er...if you recall, my challenge was for use of unbiased material?
In what way is WTBTS - or any other single faith/sect material unbiased?
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
Er...if you recall, my challenge was for use of unbiased material?
In what way is WTBTS - or any other single faith/sect material unbiased?


They are the only ones that will show all  sides of an argument so you can make an informed decision, their aim it to arrive at the truth, their efforts are not to keep trying to support the un supportable.
Jim

Rubbish, James.
Their execrable translation has been shown to be flawed by scholars of repute, from all sides of the Christian perspective, as well as non-Christian experts in linguistics.
That alone should give any serious enquirer pause for thought, before dipping into the mire of the group's soiled anti=-Scriptural history.
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
Rubbish, James.
Their execrable translation has been shown to be flawed by scholars of repute, from all sides of the Christian perspective, as well as non-Christian experts in linguistics.
That alone should give any serious enquirer pause for thought, before dipping into the mire of the group's soiled anti=-Scriptural history.


Any scholar of the bible comes to the same conclusions in the long run on major issues so pleas do not be so vague but illustrate where you have a problem, and why.

Have a read first of what the bible really teaches you might just find the reason why most religions are still in the dark ages, and so far behind with understanding the prophetic word which has become relevant for our day and our time in history.

What would we do without the light bearers of our day Jehovah's witnesses?
Jim

Problem?
I have sevearl.
Let's start with your sct's blatant dishonesty in treating the late Rev Professor William Barclay's critique of yor mistranslation.
A judicious use of scissors made it look as if he endorsed it.
Anyone who knew him  - and I'm proud to say I met him three or four times - would know exactly how he, a qualified, respected Greek scholar, felt about the ridiculous, biased interpretations.
When challenged to read his seminal work, "Crucified and Crowned", most wtbts people I know run a mile.
in shame.
bnabernard

What is an unbaised opinion, is it one that comes to no conclusion?

bernard (hug)
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
Problem?
I have sevearl.
Let's start with your sct's blatant dishonesty in treating the late Rev Professor William Barclay's critique of yor mistranslation.
A judicious use of scissors made it look as if he endorsed it.
Anyone who knew him  - and I'm proud to say I met him three or four times - would know exactly how he, a qualified, respected Greek scholar, felt about the ridiculous, biased interpretations.
When challenged to read his seminal work, "Crucified and Crowned", most wtbts people I know run a mile.
in shame.


Do you know what the last days are?

What God's kingdom means for mankind?

Where are the wheat Christians?

What are the weeds doing now?

Why are some Christians specially chosen?

What is the difference between coming and presence?

If you can not see the Devil ruling over the earth why do you think you should be able to Jesus and his rulers?


Do you really believe that only Jesus blood can save your life?


Can some one who is not a JW answer these questions or even understand them?
Jim

And, it seems, James, you, too, run away when challenged on your deceitful sect's treatment of Dr. Barclay.
What a surprise.
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
And, it seems, James, you, too, run away when challenged on your deceitful sect's treatment of Dr. Barclay.
What a surprise.


What does Dr. Barclay have to do with any thing, is he spreading the good  news of God's Kingdom in the time of the end?

Is he the mountain of Jehovah to which people are streaming in the last days?

Or is he stuck in tradition and is still trying to prop up the old orfer of things like many others who do not wish to be hated for the Good News?
cyberman

Jim wrote:
I'm proud to say I met him three or four times -


Cool.
Jim

Dr Barclay, James, was an internationally respected scholar in New Testament Greek.
The liars in Brooklyn took material of his on John 1:1, cut the bits they didn't like out and made the article look as if Dr Barclay was endorsing the traversty of a mistranslation, whereas, in fact, he was adamantly against it.
The deceivers in Brooklyn, serving the great deceive faithfully, have never apologised for it.
Just one example of many where the deceivers in Brooklyn have happily done Satan's work for him.
JamesJah

Jim, do the words at John 1:1 negate the words Jesus spoke at John 14: 28?

John 14:28, 29
I am going my way to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am. 29 So now I have told YOU before it occurs, in order that, when it does occur, YOU may believe.
Jim

James:
Have the words "Repent" and "confess" occured to Satans little helpers in Brooklyn yet?
JamesJah

Are you letting your emotions cloud your thinking Jim?

In the Christian world is there not weeds as well as wheat Christians?

Did Jesus recommend that the Wheat Christians get out of the religion they had grown up in because of its corruption?



Revelation 18:4-7
I heard another voice out of heaven say: Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues. For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind. Render to her even as she herself rendered, and do to her twice as much, yes, twice the number of the things she did; in the cup in which she put a mixture put twice as much of the mixture for her. To the extent that she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury, to that extent give her torment and mourning. For in her heart she keeps saying, ‘I sit a queen, and I am no widow, and I shall never see mourning.
Farmer Geddon

Seriously...

WTF is this argument about?

You don't understand the "Message" - I do?

My Christian God is better than your Christian God?

The message it gives out is ----  LOL

Bunch of idiots....
JamesJah

2 Timothy 3:8
Now in the way that Jan′nes and Jam′bres resisted Moses, so these also go on resisting the truth, , men completely corrupted in mind, disapproved as regards the faith.
Jim

Well done, James!
That is a truly superb description of Brooklyn Central and its' acolytes.
Couldn't have put it better myself.
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
Well done, James!
That is a truly superb description of Brooklyn Central and its' acolytes.
Couldn't have put it better myself.


Then you must know the answer to this one should you not?

Matthew 24:45
Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?
Jim

Yep.
The Brooklyn liar society wouldn't even make the shortlist.
See the site I posted to sho why.
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
Yep.
The Brooklyn liar society wouldn't even make the shortlist.
See the site I posted to sho why.


Wild boastful comments are meaningless unless backed up with facts.

So who do you think is on the list as persons giving the sheep their food at the proper time?
Jim

Facts, James?
So you still haven't looked at the site?
There are facts a plenty there.
Unpalatable facts for adherants of the sects, but facts nonetheless.
Unless you can refute them?


Waiting..............
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
Facts, James?
So you still haven't looked at the site?
There are facts a plenty there.
Unpalatable facts for adherants of the sects, but facts nonetheless.
Unless you can refute them?


Waiting..............


Fact one we only teach revealed scripture so what is your problem with that?

       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Christian chat
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum