Archive for nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 



       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Atheist chat
Leonard James

Belief in God.

It is a fact that many atheists treat there fellow man as well as Christians do, so what need do they have to believe in God, even supposing they could?
Samuel Vimes

Re: Belief in God.

Leonard James wrote:
It is a fact that many atheists treat there fellow man as well as Christians do, so what need do they have to believe in God, even supposing they could?


Is belief simply about how we treat others then?
Farmer Geddon

The Golden Rule Vimes....

The Golden troll...

Dammit - I've shown my true colours now.. innit!
Leonard James

Re: Belief in God.

Morning Sam,
Samuel Vimes wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
It is a fact that many atheists treat there fellow man as well as Christians do, so what need do they have to believe in God, even supposing they could?


Is belief simply about how we treat others then?

Of course not, that was only half the way Jesus encapsulated his teaching. It's the other half I am questioning the need to believe in.
Samuel Vimes

Re: Belief in God.

Leonard James wrote:
Morning Sam,
Samuel Vimes wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
It is a fact that many atheists treat there fellow man as well as Christians do, so what need do they have to believe in God, even supposing they could?


Is belief simply about how we treat others then?

Of course not, that was only half the way Jesus encapsulated his teaching. It's the other half I am questioning the need to believe in.


If this thread is all about acceptance of the theological teachings of Jesus, rather than the ethical teachings, where does the "behaviour of atheists vs the behaviour of Christians" thing come into it then?
Leonard James

Re: Belief in God.

Samuel Vimes wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
Morning Sam,
Samuel Vimes wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
It is a fact that many atheists treat there fellow man as well as Christians do, so what need do they have to believe in God, even supposing they could?


Is belief simply about how we treat others then?

Of course not, that was only half the way Jesus encapsulated his teaching. It's the other half I am questioning the need to believe in.


If this thread is all about acceptance of the theological teachings of Jesus, rather than the ethical teachings, where does the "behaviour of atheists vs the behaviour of Christians" thing come into it then?

Sam,

It was a simple question and needs a simple answer. There is no need to wander off into the realms of theological conjecture.

Let me start you off :-

1. Atheists don't need to believe in God.

or

2. Atheists need to believe in God because ...
Samuel Vimes

Re: Belief in God.

Leonard James wrote:
Samuel Vimes wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
Morning Sam,
Samuel Vimes wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
It is a fact that many atheists treat there fellow man as well as Christians do, so what need do they have to believe in God, even supposing they could?


Is belief simply about how we treat others then?

Of course not, that was only half the way Jesus encapsulated his teaching. It's the other half I am questioning the need to believe in.


If this thread is all about acceptance of the theological teachings of Jesus, rather than the ethical teachings, where does the "behaviour of atheists vs the behaviour of Christians" thing come into it then?

Sam,

It was a simple question and needs a simple answer. There is no need to wander off into the realms of theological conjecture.

Let me start you off :-

1. Atheists don't need to believe in God.

or

2. Atheists need to believe in God because ...


You see, it's easy to leave out the irrelevances when you really try.  






P.S. Isn't the existence of God a "theological conjecture"?  

       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Atheist chat
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum