Archive for nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 



       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> All faiths and none
JamesJah

Bourn again problem.

Why do bourn again Christians copy church teaching, when even the church know that it is incorrect?
Leonard James

Re: Bourn again problem.

JamesJah wrote:
Why do bourn again Christians copy church teaching, when even the church know that it is incorrect?

Because like you, JJ, they are convinced that what they believe is correct.

All of you, of course, are just puppets to your masters, and have my sympathy.
cyberman

Re: Bourn again problem.

Leonard James wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Why do bourn again Christians copy church teaching, when even the church know that it is incorrect?

Because like you, JJ, they are convinced that what they believe is correct.

All of you, of course, are just puppets to your masters, and have my sympathy.


Leonard, your ego is growing by the day. You should enter it in a competition.
JamesJah

How do Born again tell the difference between a preacher and a hypnotist?
Jim

Re: Bourn again problem.

In reply to your OP.
James;
I don't.
I dont know many who do.
JamesJah

I thought it was because they can believe on the Lord and be saved, without being persecuted for being a Christian, the same as to days church people.
Jim

"....believe in the Lord to be saved"
Yep.
Scriptural. "...avoid persecution"
?????????????
Not Church teaching...Scripture.
There is a difference.
Lexilogio

Is this like a Bourne Conspiracy?
The Boyg

Re: Bourn again problem.

cyberman wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Why do bourn again Christians copy church teaching, when even the church know that it is incorrect?

Because like you, JJ, they are convinced that what they believe is correct.

All of you, of course, are just puppets to your masters, and have my sympathy.


Leonard, your ego is growing by the day. You should enter it in a competition.


No, Leonard is obviously different to them and isn't convinced that what he believes is correct (otherwise how could he criticise others for doing likewise?).  
JamesJah

Jim they still have hell and the trinity, plusssss all are going to heaven, o they not???????????
Jim

James; Where is that Church, as opposed to Scriptural, teaching?
And why did you mentiomn avoiding persecution in your OP?
I have, as yet, seen nothing in the scripture to say we will avoid persecution. Perhaps this appears in a translation which is, as yet, unknown to me?
JamesJah

It is a common practice even in the time of the apostles
For the clergy to be hand in glove with governments.

Galatians 6:12
All those who want to make a pleasing appearance in the flesh are the ones that try to compel you to get circumcised, only that they may not be persecuted for the torture stake of the Christ, Jesus.
Jim

It might well have been, James, but I can categorically assure you that none of the mainline Churches are hand in glove with the government here in Scotland, whether Holyrood or Westminster.
Indeed, most of the more evangelically minded churches - of several strands and denomination - have voiced their opposition to many of the policies of both governments, and continue to do so.
Leonard James

Re: Bourn again problem.

cyberman wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Why do bourn again Christians copy church teaching, when even the church know that it is incorrect?

Because like you, JJ, they are convinced that what they believe is correct.

All of you, of course, are just puppets to your masters, and have my sympathy.


Leonard, your ego is growing by the day. You should enter it in a competition.

If not dancing to somebody else's tune is a sign of ego, then I am guilty, but at least I stand or fall from my own deliberations, not somebody else's.
The Boyg

Re: Bourn again problem.

Leonard James wrote:
cyberman wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Why do bourn again Christians copy church teaching, when even the church know that it is incorrect?

Because like you, JJ, they are convinced that what they believe is correct.

All of you, of course, are just puppets to your masters, and have my sympathy.


Leonard, your ego is growing by the day. You should enter it in a competition.

If not dancing to somebody else's tune is a sign of ego, then I am guilty, but at least I stand or fall from my own deliberations, not somebody else's.


So you do not accept anything that anyone else tells you and have deduced everything in life that you believe to be true from first principles Len?  
gone

Re: Bourn again problem.

Leonard James wrote:
cyberman wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Why do bourn again Christians copy church teaching, when even the church know that it is incorrect?

Because like you, JJ, they are convinced that what they believe is correct.

All of you, of course, are just puppets to your masters, and have my sympathy.


Leonard, your ego is growing by the day. You should enter it in a competition.

If not dancing to somebody else's tune is a sign of ego, then I am guilty, but at least I stand or fall from my own deliberations, not somebody else's.


Good for you Leonard.
Leonard James

Re: Bourn again problem.

The Boyg wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
cyberman wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Why do bourn again Christians copy church teaching, when even the church know that it is incorrect?

Because like you, JJ, they are convinced that what they believe is correct.

All of you, of course, are just puppets to your masters, and have my sympathy.


Leonard, your ego is growing by the day. You should enter it in a competition.

If not dancing to somebody else's tune is a sign of ego, then I am guilty, but at least I stand or fall from my own deliberations, not somebody else's.


So you do not accept anything that anyone else tells you and have deduced everything in life that you believe to be true from first principles Len?  

As far as 'gods' are concerned, yes.
The Boyg

Re: Bourn again problem.

Leonard James wrote:
The Boyg wrote:
So you do not accept anything that anyone else tells you and have deduced everything in life that you believe to be true from first principles Len?  

As far as 'gods' are concerned, yes.


So you're saying that there are things that you believe on the basis of being told them by other people without proving that they are true from first principles then.

So you are a hypocrite for criticising others for doing likewise.  
Leonard James

Re: Bourn again problem.

The Boyg wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
The Boyg wrote:
So you do not accept anything that anyone else tells you and have deduced everything in life that you believe to be true from first principles Len?  

As far as 'gods' are concerned, yes.


So you're saying that there are things that you believe on the basis of being told them by other people without proving that they are true from first principles then.

So you are a hypocrite for criticising others for doing likewise.  

Yes, dear, if you say so.  
bnabernard

The Boyg

Re: Bourn again problem.

Leonard James wrote:
The Boyg wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
The Boyg wrote:
So you do not accept anything that anyone else tells you and have deduced everything in life that you believe to be true from first principles Len?  

As far as 'gods' are concerned, yes.


So you're saying that there are things that you believe on the basis of being told them by other people without proving that they are true from first principles then.

So you are a hypocrite for criticising others for doing likewise.  

Yes, dear, if you say so.  


I respect your candour in accepting your hypocrisy without argument.  
JamesJah

Hallow Bernie what happens to these ones independence when they are conscripted by the government?????????

I do believe that God in this case calls it the drinking of blood, just what the churches would do.

Matthew 23:30-32
and YOU say, ‘If we were in the days of our forefathers, we would not be sharers with them in the blood of the prophets. Therefore you are bearing witness against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. Well, then, fill up the measure of your forefathers.
Leonard James

Re: Bourn again problem.

The Boyg wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
The Boyg wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
The Boyg wrote:
So you do not accept anything that anyone else tells you and have deduced everything in life that you believe to be true from first principles Len?  

As far as 'gods' are concerned, yes.


So you're saying that there are things that you believe on the basis of being told them by other people without proving that they are true from first principles then.

So you are a hypocrite for criticising others for doing likewise.  

Yes, dear, if you say so.  


I respect your candour in accepting your hypocrisy without argument.  


I can only argue with a brick wall for a certain time, then I have to let it have its own way.
The Boyg

Re: Bourn again problem.

Leonard James wrote:
The Boyg wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
The Boyg wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
The Boyg wrote:
So you do not accept anything that anyone else tells you and have deduced everything in life that you believe to be true from first principles Len?  

As far as 'gods' are concerned, yes.


So you're saying that there are things that you believe on the basis of being told them by other people without proving that they are true from first principles then.

So you are a hypocrite for criticising others for doing likewise.  

Yes, dear, if you say so.  


I respect your candour in accepting your hypocrisy without argument.  


I can only argue with a brick wall for a certain time, then I have to let it have its own way.


What brick wall?

You have criticised people for believing things on the basis of other people telling them that they are the truth.

You have admitted that you do the same thing.

That is hypocrisy.


You can either accept this as true or demonstrate why this is not the case.  
Lexilogio

JamesJah wrote:
Hallow Bernie what happens to these ones independence when they are conscripted by the government?????????

I do believe that God in this case calls it the drinking of blood, just what the churches would do.

Matthew 23:30-32
and YOU say, ‘If we were in the days of our forefathers, we would not be sharers with them in the blood of the prophets. Therefore you are bearing witness against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. Well, then, fill up the measure of your forefathers.


Where do people drink blood? People partake of the sacrament - but no church uses blood.
Leonard James

Re: Bourn again problem.

[quote="The Boyg:66125"]
Leonard James wrote:

What brick wall?

You dear!

Quote:
You have criticised people for believing things on the basis of other people telling them that they are the truth.

With no evidence.

Quote:
You have admitted that you do the same thing.

Only when there is factual evidence.

Quote:
That is hypocrisy.

No it isn't.


Quote:
You can either accept this as true or demonstrate why this is not the case.
 

Done.

I will let you have the last word as usual, since I realise it's not your fault that you suffer from verbal diarrhea  
The Boyg

Re: Bourn again problem.

Leonard James wrote:
Only when there is factual evidence.

And have you accumulated this evidence yourself from your own studies or have you simply eaccepted the evidence presented to you by others Len?

Because when I asked you previously:
Quote:
So you do not accept anything that anyone else tells you and have deduced everything in life that you believe to be true from first principles Len?

you carefully avoided giving a complete answer.

Now, if you're going to tell me that you derive all the evidence that supports everything that you believe to be true yourself from personal observation then I will accept that you are not a hypocrite.

However if you don't then it is hypocritical of you for criticising people for believing things on the basis of what other people when you do likewise.
JamesJah

Lexilogio wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Hallow Bernie what happens to these ones independence when they are conscripted by the government?????????

I do believe that God in this case calls it the drinking of blood, just what the churches would do.

Matthew 23:30-32
and YOU say, ‘If we were in the days of our forefathers, we would not be sharers with them in the blood of the prophets. Therefore you are bearing witness against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. Well, then, fill up the measure of your forefathers.


Where do people drink blood? People partake of the sacrament - but no church uses blood.




Do BG Christians go to war for their governments or not?
Jim

er...
Question:
James, what's a "BG Christian?"
Lexilogio

JamesJah wrote:
Lexilogio wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Hallow Bernie what happens to these ones independence when they are conscripted by the government?????????

I do believe that God in this case calls it the drinking of blood, just what the churches would do.

Matthew 23:30-32
and YOU say, ‘If we were in the days of our forefathers, we would not be sharers with them in the blood of the prophets. Therefore you are bearing witness against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. Well, then, fill up the measure of your forefathers.


Where do people drink blood? People partake of the sacrament - but no church uses blood.



Do BG Christians go to war for their governments or not?


I have no idea what a "BG" Christian is. I wouldn't pick up a gun for any government. But then I hold to the "Thou shalt not kill", not the popular US interpretation, "Thou shalt not murder."

Now - where is your evidence that any Christian church uses blood in the service? Because that is what you said, and it's plainly untrue.
JamesJah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler's_Pope
Lexilogio

JamesJah wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler's_Pope


That says nothing about drinking blood in church, now does it.

If you are going to make a political point about an established organisation cow towing to the political elite of the time, then do so - but that isn't what you wrote initially.
JamesJah

You are quite correct but many who support their country in war do not look upon themselves as drinkers of blood either, but God still holds them responsible for their actions, even if it just mental support.

Matthew 5:28
I say to you that everyone that keeps on looking at a woman so as to have a passion for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Matthew 23:33-36
Serpents, offspring of vipers, how are you to flee from the judgment of Gehenna?  For this reason, here I am sending forth to you prophets and wise men and public instructors. Some of them you will kill and impale, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city; that there may come upon you all the righteous blood spilled on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Brachia, whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar. Truly I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.
northernstar

I love it when even Christians can't agree amongst themselves! Don't you all worship the same god?
The Boyg

northernstar wrote:
I love it when even Christians can't agree amongst themselves! Don't you all worship the same god?


Contrary to the view spread by some people Christians are people, not robots.  
genghiscant

Quote:
Contrary to the view spread by some people Christians are people


Yeah, weird people.
northernstar

Not forgetting to mention they love discussing the veracity of their bible!! Cherry picking comes to mind!
The Boyg

genghiscant wrote:
Quote:
Contrary to the view spread by some people Christians are people


Yeah, weird people.


'Weird' is a subjective term.
JamesJah

Jesus told you what the problem would be, when he explained that the Devil would infiltrate the Christian religion over the years,   he called them weed Christians.

What would the weeds be doing for Christianity today??????????
Jim

Point of information:
Jesus never referred to anyone as a 'weed Christian'.
bnabernard

Jim wrote:
Point of information:
Jesus never referred to anyone as a 'weed Christian'.


Tarre for that Jim

bernard (hug)

sorry carry on
JamesJah

How could he the Devil had not planted any there yet, then again Judas Iscariot could have been a first, he was planted by the Devil was he not?
Jim

James:
You started it by making the erroneous statement.
JamesJah

Did Jesus say this?

Matthew 13:29, 30
He said, No; that by no chance, while collecting the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them.

Let both grow together until the harvest; and in the harvest season I will tell the reapers,
First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up, then go to gathering the wheat into my storehouse.

       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> All faiths and none
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum