Archive for nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 



       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> All faiths and none
Shaker

Denmark bans religious slaughter

The Scandinavian nations so often seem to be the most progressive, forward-thinking and civilised of nations and yet again one of them, Denmark, does the right thing and bans the abysmally cruel "religious" slaughter of animals:

Quote:
Denmark’s government has brought in a ban on the religious slaughter of animals for the production of halal and kosher meat, after years of campaigning from welfare activists.

The change to the law, announced last week and effective as of yesterday [Monday 17 February], has been called 'anti-Semitism' by Jewish leaders and 'a clear interference in religious freedom' by the non-profit group Danish Halal.

European regulations require animals to be stunned before they are slaughtered, but grants exemptions on religious grounds. For meat to be considered kosher under Jewish law or halal under Islamic law, the animal must be conscious when killed.

Yet defending his government’s decision to remove this exemption, the minister for agriculture and food Dan Jørgensen told Denmark’s TV2 that 'animal rights come before religion'.


Norway, Poland, Sweden and Switzerland: now Denmark do the right thing - who will be next on the civilised list?

Quote:
[It] has been called 'anti-Semitism' by Jewish leaders

Well I never. Didn't see that coming at all.
Rose

This is an interesting point, from a vegetarian too.

Quote:

This is no way to build the society we claim to desire: the one of mutual respect and tolerance. The one of compromise, which isn’t (as the zealots of the RSPCA will claim) a weakness, but an essential ingredient for harmony. Why don’t we just label food clearly, so that everyone can decide for themselves?
Because deciding for others is seductive, to a certain cast of mind. Denmark, I’m afraid, remains rotten. Persecuting adherents over the slaughter of their animals is a dreadful, dangerous step towards proscribing their faith altogether, one I find intolerable.
A drip, drip, drip of intolerance, quite as distasteful as the blood that runs from the bodies of the animals, regardless of how they are killed. Lamb, wash us clean of this iniquity. Save us from the strictures of politicians who deal with humans in the abstract; as inhumane a practice as any devised for the slaughter of livestock.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/commen...uch-crueller-than-it-is-kind.html



Julie
Powwow

It is anti semitism. It is exactly what the nazis in Saxony did. Banned kosher for the Jews.
gone

deleted
Shaker

pow wow wrote:
It is anti semitism.

Unadulterated and unmitigated bollocks.
Ketty

Floo wrote:
If kosher and halal are cruel ways to slaughter animals, of course they should be banned, as should circumcision as a religious practice.


Powwow

It was anti semitism in 1933 and it's anti semitism today. Are you stunning your mice and rats before you kill them over there?
The Boyg

I can almost hear an absent member asking Floo if she stuns crickets before feeding them to her spider.
Powwow

http://www.timesofisrael.com/disp...d-prompts-surge-in-anti-semitism/
Ketty

pow wow wrote:
Are you stunning your mice and rats before you kill them over there?


That's different.  They're vermin.  
Powwow

Ya floo, do ya?
Powwow

http://www.aish.com/dijh/Elul_8.html
cyberman

Ketty wrote:
pow wow wrote:
Are you stunning your mice and rats before you kill them over there?


That's different.  They're vermin.  


A lot of mice who visit my house are gathered unto God with a loud snap thanks to the traps. I am pretty sure that cathcing them alive to stun them beforehand would add enormously to their distress. As it is, they never know what hits them. They think "Oh, how kind, the humans have left out some peanut butt..." and then, sweet oblivion.

In the case of bith vermin and livestock, I think we are doing what we can to minimise distress, with an effort proptionate to the level of awareness of the creatures involved. Stunning the mice beforehand would increase distress. Stunning sheep beforehand reduces distress.

I feel sorry for the ones who stay outdoors and get to play with the cat.
gone

deleted
Shaker

pow wow wrote:
It was anti semitism in 1933 and it's anti semitism today.

Yes it was. No it isn't.

Quote:
Are you stunning your mice and rats before you kill them over there?

I don't kill them, so the point is moot.
Shaker

pow wow wrote:
http://www.timesofisrael.com/disp...d-prompts-surge-in-anti-semitism/

An Israeli newspaper claiming that criticism of a practice performed by some Jews is anti-Semitic? Well I never! You'll be telling me next that criticism of Israeli military policy is anti-Semitic. You wouldn't be the first.

Tell me powsers: all those many (vegetarian and vegan) Jews and Muslims who criticise ritual religious slaughter and want to see it banned - are they anti-Semitic as well?
Jim

Ah, but they're not REAL Jews, innit?
Rose

pow wow wrote:
http://www.aish.com/dijh/Elul_8.html


You won't convince them Pow Wow.

Yes some Jews don't eat meat because they don't like the whole slaughter thing and also it makes following Kosher easier because you don't have the business of keeping the meat separate from the dairy, but unfortunately it doesn't stop people hating them and painting swasticas on their houses.

Calling them Kike etc.

The hatred doesn't go away just because they are vegetarian!

No one asks them before they paint things on their houses.

If it isn't one reason people give for hating Jews, then it is another one!



Julie
Powwow

Glad you find this funny Jim. Not surprised.
Jim

Oh dear;
My chilldhood friend became a minister in the CofS.
(OK, no-body's perfect).
His charge is St Andrews CofS, Tiberias, Israel.
He has contacts with Palestinian Christians, Messianic Jews and the occasional nutty Presbyterian...and many, many Jews...some of whom are Rabbis.
It's amazing how much pork and ham is consumed in Israel by Jews...and even Rabbis!
Are they still Jews?
Rose

pow wow wrote:
Glad you find this funny Jim. Not surprised.


I've met Jews that have had red swasticas painted on their houses.

The topics ( Kosher and circumcision) causes hatred and bad feeling , the discussion on kosher and circumcision it whips up hatred and not everyone makes the separation between the topics themselves and hating Jews.

Some hate Jews and use the topics to get at them.

Julie
Rose

Jim wrote:
Oh dear;
My chilldhood friend became a minister in the CofS.
(OK, no-body's perfect).
His charge is St Andrews CofS, Tiberias, Israel.
He has contacts with Palestinian Christians, Messianic Jews and the occasional nutty Presbyterian...and many, many Jews...some of whom are Rabbis.
It's amazing how much pork and ham is consumed in Israel by Jews...and even Rabbis!
Are they still Jews?


Yes, on the whole if your mother is Jewish, then you are. ( some reform Jews accept you as Jewish if you have a Jewish father)

Julie
Jim

So ignoring the Torah, the Tanakh, and the synagogue - even being atheist - doesn't stop one from being Jewish - one of 'Gods' chosen'?
Israel has no more rights or responsibilities than any other nation state - including Palestine.
Rose

Pow Wow

Quote:

At Pardes, Brooklyn’s boundary-breaking gourmet kosher restaurant famous for its unlikely combinations of flavors, the chef occasionally makes beef “bacon” ice cream. Pushing the porcine flavor of bacon in the already revolting medium of parve ice cream has to be done to make a point (because there is no way it could be done for flavor). The point is, as Dr. Evil said in Austin Powers, “I’m with it…I’m hip.”

I don’t really care what other people eat, as long as they don’t strap me to a chair, hold my nose, and shove their nasty food in my mouth. But the Jews and bacon shtick—and it is completely shtick—it’s a fetish. It’s a symbol. If Jews want to eat bacon in private because they have a compulsion for it, that’s none of my business.

But Jew fools himself if he eats bacon. No matter what he eats, if he two-fists bacon-wrapped scallops covered in mayonnaise on white bread and washes it down with a glass of milk while kneeling down to idols, he will always be Jewish. In that case, why not give the Jewish soul what it actually wants: kosher food.

- See more at: http://www.jewcy.com/religion-and...d-with-bacon#sthash.gWPQ8sjU.dpuf





Julie
Powwow

And those claiming it's not humane are yet again echoing the nazi lies of yore.

http://www.chabad.org/library/art...248/jewish/Is-Shechita-Humane.htm

Now Shaker you are not very clever are you. (smiley face) Is and atheist Jew a Jew?

Denmark is displaying anti semitism and being rather hypocritical. I wonder if my cousins are stunning their rats and mice and what they thoughts of their zoo killing and carving up a healthy little giraffe.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news...come-before-religion-9135580.html

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.608005092424026510&pid=15.1
Powwow

Again Jim, thanks for finding the alarm the European Jewish community feels over this so amusing.
Of course Jim everybody has a Jewish friend don't they. That makes your humour so much more funny doesn't it.
Jim

I don't have any Jewish friends.
My minister friend has many Israeli Jewish and Palestinian friends.

And I'm not being funny.
Powwow

Well you could have fooled me Jim. What's your point in trying to turn this thread into a who is Jewish and the evil Jewish state thread?

Tell me, are the majority of Scots that will vote against leaving the UK, true Scots? Too funny you.
Powwow

Hitler's animal rights.

http://constitutionalistnc.tripod.com/hitler-leftist/id11.html
Powwow

Anti-semitism alive and well in the C of S

http://www.scottishfriendsofisrael.org/CoS.html

http://www.thecommentator.com/art...ints_finger_at_church_of_scotland


http://www.algemeiner.com/2013/05...cotland%E2%80%99s-war-on-judaism/
Jim

If an animal is caused pain in the act of slaughtering it, that is wrong.
Just as Christians have to toe the line in certain Arab nations, those who wish to live in a democratic state whose laws were promulgated by a democratic government should live according to those laws - or leave.
Shaker

pow wow wrote:
Now Shaker you are not very clever are you. (smiley face)

Clever enough to use a smiley face instead of actually writing out the words pertaining thereto, apparently.

Quote:
Is and atheist Jew a Jew?

What do they consider themselves?

Quote:
Denmark is displaying anti semitism and being rather hypocritical.

Bollocks.

Quote:
I wonder if my cousins are stunning their rats and mice and what they thoughts of their zoo killing and carving up a healthy little giraffe.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news...come-before-religion-9135580.html

If they're your cousins it's a wonder they're not burning them alive.

We know what this is really all about - not the issue of banning ritual slaughter, because that's about animal welfare. No, I mean all this bitching and bleating from the usual suspects: it's because Jews are the only people ever in the entire history of human life on this planet who have ever had anything at all bad happen to them and therefore they're above challenge or criticism on absolutely anything whatever.

Criticise the odious barbarism of ritual circumcision?

Anti-Semitism!

Criticise the terroristic atrocities carried out against the Palestinians?

Anti-Semitism!

Criticise the ceaseless expansion of and appropriation by West Bank settlers?

Anti-Semitism!

Criticise the vile practice of "religious" slaughter?

Anti-Semitism!Don'tyoudarecriticiseanythingwedoyouanti-Semite!

One Israeli journalist writing for Israel's oldest newspaper gets it.
Jim

I'm forced to agree.
One can be ambivolent to Israeli political and paramilitary action without being anti-Semitic.
Just as one can be ambivolent to U.S foreign and defence policy without being anti-American.

Trouble is, a certain mindset in the Christian sphere will see no wrong in Israel or in the religious practices of a religion which makes up a substantial part of the nation-state of Israel.
LeClerc

Hi All

There is huge difference between Rabbinic Judaism, which grew out of  Pharisaic Judaism, and the spirit of The Torah of YHWH, which Y'shua taught. Sadly many cannot see the difference but some can, see link below.

Commenting on the above Torah verse (Deut. 12:20), modern Torah scholar and teacher Nehama Leibowitz points out how odd the dispensation is and how grudgingly permission to eat meat is granted. She concludes that people have not been granted dominion over the animal kingdom to do with them anything that we desire, but that we have been given a "barely tolerated dispensation", if we cannot resist temptation and must eat meat, to slaughter animals for our consumption.

Accordingly, the laws of kashrut come to teach us that a Jew's first preference should be a vegetarian meal. If, however, one cannot control a craving for meat, it should be kosher meat, which would serve as a reminder that the animal being eaten is a creature of God, that the death of such a creature cannot be taken lightly, that hunting for sport is forbidden, that we cannot treat any living thing callously, and that we are responsible for what happens to other beings (human or animal) even if we did not personally come into contact with them.


Regards

LeClerc
Ketty

LeClerc wrote:
Hi All

There is huge difference between Rabbinic Judaism, which grew out of  Pharisaic Judaism, and the spirit of The Torah of YHWH, which Y'shua taught. Sadly many cannot see the difference but some can, see link below.

Commenting on the above Torah verse (Deut. 12:20), modern Torah scholar and teacher Nehama Leibowitz points out how odd the dispensation is and how grudgingly permission to eat meat is granted. She concludes that people have not been granted dominion over the animal kingdom to do with them anything that we desire, but that we have been given a "barely tolerated dispensation", if we cannot resist temptation and must eat meat, to slaughter animals for our consumption.

Accordingly, the laws of kashrut come to teach us that a Jew's first preference should be a vegetarian meal. If, however, one cannot control a craving for meat, it should be kosher meat, which would serve as a reminder that the animal being eaten is a creature of God, that the death of such a creature cannot be taken lightly, that hunting for sport is forbidden, that we cannot treat any living thing callously, and that we are responsible for what happens to other beings (human or animal) even if we did not personally come into contact with them.


Regards

LeClerc


Thank you LeClerc.
Rose

LeClerc wrote:
Hi All

There is huge difference between Rabbinic Judaism, which grew out of  Pharisaic Judaism, and the spirit of The Torah of YHWH, which Y'shua taught. Sadly many cannot see the difference but some can, see link below.

Commenting on the above Torah verse (Deut. 12:20), modern Torah scholar and teacher Nehama Leibowitz points out how odd the dispensation is and how grudgingly permission to eat meat is granted. She concludes that people have not been granted dominion over the animal kingdom to do with them anything that we desire, but that we have been given a "barely tolerated dispensation", if we cannot resist temptation and must eat meat, to slaughter animals for our consumption.

Accordingly, the laws of kashrut come to teach us that a Jew's first preference should be a vegetarian meal. If, however, one cannot control a craving for meat, it should be kosher meat, which would serve as a reminder that the animal being eaten is a creature of God, that the death of such a creature cannot be taken lightly, that hunting for sport is forbidden, that we cannot treat any living thing callously, and that we are responsible for what happens to other beings (human or animal) even if we did not personally come into contact with them.


Regards

LeClerc


That was very interesting LeClerc



Julie
bnabernard

Well, and I think I might have touched on this on this board, at least somewhere anyhow,.. Did Jesus eat meat, and if he did, how was it killed?

LC's quote refering to the abstinence to eating meat being a first choice where poss, lends itself to the question of the passover lamb, which in turn questions whether Jesus would have partaken.?

bernard hug)
LeClerc

Morning Bernie.

bnabernard wrote:
Well, and I think I might have touched on this on this board, at least somewhere anyhow,.. Did Jesus eat meat, and if he did, how was it killed?

LC's quote refering to the abstinence to eating meat being a first choice where poss, lends itself to the question of the passover lamb, which in turn questions whether Jesus would have partaken.?

bernard hug)


Do your questions require a new thread Bernie ?

Because before even beginning to answer your questions we need to discern the following.

Matthew 15
[i]15 Then some P’rushim and Torah-teachers from Yerushalayim came to Yeshua and asked him, 2 “Why is it that your talmidim break the Tradition of the Elders? They don’t do n’tilat-yadayim before they eat!” 3 He answered, “Indeed, why do you break the command of God by your tradition?[/i]

What are the ''Tradition of the Elders'' ?

In case you are wondering, n’tilat-yadayim is the washing of hands.

Below is an example question regarding n’tilat-yadayim  

Quote:


Question

No water is available in a housing unit, where one sleeps and dines, except from a sink in a room with a toilet.

For purposes of N’tilat Yadaim, may one remove water from that sink, in a container, and perform N’tilat Yadaim for meals, and upon rising, in another room where there is no toilet.

Answer

The solution you suggest is permitted although the question that remains is- what will you do with the water that you used for N'tilat Yadayim? If you dispose of it in the room with the toilet, some poskim feel that you should rinse your hands elsewhere later upon finding an opportunity, since in their opinion just being in the room necessitates rinsing one's hands without a bracha. There are poskim who permit doing the act of n'tilat yadayim in a room with a flush porcelain toilet as long as the bracha is made outside of the room and when there is no better alternative this opinion can be followed



Regards

LeClerc
bnabernard

Well LC I wasn't realy questioning the lack of toilet paper and the ablutive arrangements though I'm sure they can be discused if you feel the need.
What I was pointing out was more to do with the diet.

bernard (hug)
Jim

There is no indication in Scripture either way.
However, given the  area in which the Lord grew up, his environment, the 'scandal' he aroused in the things he did, and people with whom He associated, if there had been any perceived breach of the Law in terms of His diet, I'm willing to bet the Pharisees would have used it as a rod to beat Him with.
There is no such evidence that this happened, therefore the obvious conclusion is that He subjected Himself to the Law in terms of diet.
bnabernard

Jim wrote:
There is no indication in Scripture either way.
However, given the  area in which the Lord grew up, his environment, the 'scandal' he aroused in the things he did, and people with whom He associated, if there had been any perceived breach of the Law in terms of His diet, I'm willing to bet the Pharisees would have used it as a rod to beat Him with.
There is no such evidence that this happened, therefore the obvious conclusion is that He subjected Himself to the Law in terms of diet.


I'm often told that archeaology can't find evidence to even support what is recorded so under the circumstances of your faith was God a meat eater.

bernard (hug)
LeClerc

Morning Bernie

bnabernard wrote:
Well LC I wasn't realy questioning the lack of toilet paper and the ablutive arrangements though I'm sure they can be discused if you feel the need.
What I was pointing out was more to do with the diet.

bernard (hug)


Lets try again shall we

Do your questions require a new thread Bernie ?

Because before even beginning to answer your questions we need to discern the following.

Matthew 15
[i]15 Then some P’rushim and Torah-teachers from Yerushalayim came to Yeshua and asked him, 2 “Why is it that your talmidim break the Tradition of the Elders? They don’t do n’tilat-yadayim before they eat!” 3 He answered, “Indeed, why do you break the command of God by your tradition?[/i]

What are the ''Tradition of the Elders'' ?

Regards

LeClerc
bnabernard

Quite simply LC, evaluate what you feel neccessary, consult your brain regarding your evidence, then make a statement, you can of course give a reason for arriveing at any conclusion you come to.

bernard (hug)
LeClerc

Hello Bernie

bnabernard wrote:
Quite simply LC, evaluate what you feel neccessary, consult your brain regarding your evidence, then make a statement, you can of course give a reason for arriveing at any conclusion you come to.

bernard (hug)


Quite simply you are unable to answer a simple question.

Lets try again shall we

Matthew 15
15 Then some P’rushim and Torah-teachers from Yerushalayim came to Yeshua and asked him, 2 “Why is it that your talmidim break the Tradition of the Elders? They don’t do n’tilat-yadayim before they eat!” 3 He answered, “Indeed, why do you break the command of God by your tradition?

What are the ''Tradition of the Elders'' ?

Regards

LeClerc
bnabernard

I can't answer a simple question!¬!!!!!

When did I ask you to  ask me a question?

It appears it's yourself who is unable to answer a simple question.


Quote:
Well, and I think I might have touched on this on this board, at least somewhere anyhow,.. Did Jesus eat meat, and if he did, how was it killed?

LC's quote refering to the abstinence to eating meat being a first choice where poss, lends itself to the question of the passover lamb, which in turn questions whether Jesus would have partaken.?


If you are having trouble with the english words try converting it to greek and re read it, or is that what  you have done and there is no grek equivilant of 'question' a clue though might be these things at the end of a sentenc ?????
Go sit in the corner.

bernard (hug)
LeClerc

Morning Bernie

bnabernard wrote:
I can't answer a simple question!¬!!!!!

When did I ask you to  ask me a question?

It appears it's yourself who is unable to answer a simple question.


Quote:
Well, and I think I might have touched on this on this board, at least somewhere anyhow,.. Did Jesus eat meat, and if he did, how was it killed?

LC's quote refering to the abstinence to eating meat being a first choice where poss, lends itself to the question of the passover lamb, which in turn questions whether Jesus would have partaken.?


If you are having trouble with the english words try converting it to greek and re read it, or is that what  you have done and there is no grek equivilant of 'question' a clue though might be these things at the end of a sentenc ?????
Go sit in the corner.

bernard (hug)


Matthew 15 World English Bible
1 Then Pharisees and scribes came to Jesus from Jerusalem, saying, 2 “Why do your disciples disobey the tradition of the elders? For they don’t wash their hands when they eat bread.”
3 He answered them, “Why do you also disobey the commandment of God because of your tradition?


What is the the tradition of the elders ?

Regards

LeClerc
bnabernard

Still strugling to answer lets re iterate AGAIN for you

Quote:

Well, and I think I might have touched on this on this board, at least somewhere anyhow,.. Did Jesus eat meat, and if he did, how was it killed?

LC's quote refering to the abstinence to eating meat being a first choice where poss, lends itself to the question of the passover lamb, which in turn questions whether Jesus would have partaken.?


Quite simply LC, evaluate what you feel neccessary, consult your brain regarding your evidence, then make a statement, you can of course give a reason for arriveing at any conclusion you come to.

While you struggle with what giving an answer means I'll wait and see if anyone else has less trouble.

notice that last sentence does not have one of these ? so it does not require an answer to that.

bernard (hug)
Rose

LeClerc wrote:
Morning Bernie

bnabernard wrote:
I can't answer a simple question!¬!!!!!

When did I ask you to  ask me a question?

It appears it's yourself who is unable to answer a simple question.


Quote:
Well, and I think I might have touched on this on this board, at least somewhere anyhow,.. Did Jesus eat meat, and if he did, how was it killed?

LC's quote refering to the abstinence to eating meat being a first choice where poss, lends itself to the question of the passover lamb, which in turn questions whether Jesus would have partaken.?


If you are having trouble with the english words try converting it to greek and re read it, or is that what  you have done and there is no grek equivilant of 'question' a clue though might be these things at the end of a sentenc ?????
Go sit in the corner.

bernard (hug)


Matthew 15 World English Bible
1 Then Pharisees and scribes came to Jesus from Jerusalem, saying, 2 “Why do your disciples disobey the tradition of the elders? For they don’t wash their hands when they eat bread.”
3 He answered them, “Why do you also disobey the commandment of God because of your tradition?


What is the the tradition of the elders ?

Regards

LeClerc


I guess the "tradition of the Elders" was to wash their hands ( ritually) before eating while saying a blessing /prayer.

I assume either Jesus was a vegetarian or followed Kosher in regard to meat, otherwise they might have made more of the fact the meat was unKosher.

Julie
bnabernard

Rose, good grief a response that isn't a question

The muslims, if I'm right, have what they consider an unclean hand, that is they use one for eating and one for cleaning themselves after going to the toilet.

Given the sanitary conditions back in the day there would be some pretty good advice given regarding washing and eating, even some incense burning when there were crowds gathered in a confined space.

bernard (hug)
LeClerc

Hi Julie

Thank you for your reply

Rose wrote:
LeClerc wrote:
Morning Bernie

bnabernard wrote:
I can't answer a simple question!¬!!!!!

When did I ask you to  ask me a question?

It appears it's yourself who is unable to answer a simple question.


Quote:
Well, and I think I might have touched on this on this board, at least somewhere anyhow,.. Did Jesus eat meat, and if he did, how was it killed?

LC's quote refering to the abstinence to eating meat being a first choice where poss, lends itself to the question of the passover lamb, which in turn questions whether Jesus would have partaken.?


If you are having trouble with the english words try converting it to greek and re read it, or is that what  you have done and there is no grek equivilant of 'question' a clue though might be these things at the end of a sentenc ?????
Go sit in the corner.

bernard (hug)


Matthew 15 World English Bible
1 Then Pharisees and scribes came to Jesus from Jerusalem, saying, 2 “Why do your disciples disobey the tradition of the elders? For they don’t wash their hands when they eat bread.”
3 He answered them, “Why do you also disobey the commandment of God because of your tradition?


What is the the tradition of the elders ?

Regards

LeClerc


I guess the "tradition of the Elders" was to wash their hands ( ritually) before eating while saying a blessing /prayer.

I assume either Jesus was a vegetarian or followed Kosher in regard to meat, otherwise they might have made more of the fact the meat was unKosher.

Julie


According to Rabbinic Judaism, which grew out of Pharisaic Judaism, YHWH gave Israel the Written Torah and the Oral Torah.

The Oral Torah is what Y’shua refers to as the Tradition of the Elders and is what came to be known as the Talmud.

Y’shua considered the Oral Law to be the traditions of men and had no authority, that is why He spoke out against it.

Basically it is what bound the people of Israel to the rules and regulations of man.

Regards

LeClerc
Shaker

LeClerc

Hi Shaker

Shaker wrote:


Agreed, maybe Bernie would like to start a new thread and the mods split this thread to the new thread.

LeClerc wrote:
Morning Bernie.

bnabernard wrote:
Well, and I think I might have touched on this on this board, at least somewhere anyhow,.. Did Jesus eat meat, and if he did, how was it killed?

LC's quote refering to the abstinence to eating meat being a first choice where poss, lends itself to the question of the passover lamb, which in turn questions whether Jesus would have partaken.?

bernard hug)


Do your questions require a new thread Bernie ?

LeClerc


Regards

LeClerc

       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> All faiths and none
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum