Archive for nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 



       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> All faiths and none
JamesJah

Egypt and Blind speculation

Has the archaeologists scratched the surface of Egypt's history yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugWCRliG4Rg
Jim

Re: Egypt and nlind speculation

JamesJah wrote:
Gas the archaeologists scratched the surface of Egypt's history yet?

-
Oh, great: another oversensationalised load of trash  presented as history.
I watched the first ten seconds
1 Can we be sure that the pyramids were built 2,500 years ago?
Well, slightly older...the first was the dyn II Step Pyramid of Djoser, the next two were further step pyramids started by his sucessors who died early in their construction. THe dyn IV king Sneferu had THREE goes at building the first 'true' pyramid, before his son Khufu got it right.
The wooden artefacts found under Djoser's monument and the ship burials and that of Hetepheres, Khufu's mother, attest to the carbon dates.
That's that answered.
2. Do we know how they were built?
Yes.
Griffiti discovered at the 'air shafts' of both Khufu and Khafre's monuments left by the builder gangs who worked on them attest to the construction methods.
Next?
Here are a few GENUINE links:
How c14 dating confirmed the accepted Egyptian Chronology.
http://www.newscientist.com/artic...rapid-expansion.html#.VEJwExh0wwc
Dating the pyramids:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/pyramid/explore/howold2.html
Building the pyramids.
http://www.touregypt.net/construction/


Next?

Or dou you want to go down the rocky road of the pyramidiots....which leads to a certain embarassing person...CT Russell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugWCRliG4Rg
JamesJah

Re: Egypt and nlind speculation

Jim wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Gas the archaeologists scratched the surface of Egypt's history yet?

-
Oh, great: another oversensationalised load of trash  presented as history.
I watched the first ten seconds
1 Can we be sure that the pyramids were built 2,500 years ago?
Well, slightly older...the first was the dyn II Step Pyramid of Djoser, the next two were further step pyramids started by his sucessors who died early in their construction. THe dyn IV king Sneferu had THREE goes at building the first 'true' pyramid, before his son Khufu got it right.
The wooden artefacts found under Djoser's monument and the ship burials and that of Hetepheres, Khufu's mother, attest to the carbon dates.
That's that answered.
2. Do we know how they were built?
Yes.
Griffiti discovered at the 'air shafts' of both Khufu and Khafre's monuments left by the builder gangs who worked on them attest to the construction methods.
Next?
Here are a few GENUINE links:
How c14 dating confirmed the accepted Egyptian Chronology.
http://www.newscientist.com/artic...rapid-expansion.html#.VEJwExh0wwc
Dating the pyramids:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/pyramid/explore/howold2.html
Building the pyramids.
http://www.touregypt.net/construction/


Next?

Or dou you want to go down the rocky road of the pyramidiots....which leads to a certain embarassing person...CT Russell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugWCRliG4Rg


He was aware of bible history better than most who come here, as he showed that by his use of the pyramid the epochs or ages of the Almighty Gods purpose, when he learnt that many church teachings are false he did not make excuses for them he rid himself of them as he progressed into the truth and many benefitted from his research while other choose to stay stuck in the mud which are you?

He even pointed to which dates in history we could rely on do you know what those dates are?
Jim

Re: Egypt and nlind speculation

[quote="JamesJah:122226"]
Jim wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Gas the archaeologists scratched the surface of Egypt's history yet?

-
Oh, great: another oversensationalised load of trash  presented as history.
I watched the first ten seconds
1 Can we be sure that the pyramids were built 2,500 years ago?
Well, slightly older...the first was the dyn II Step Pyramid of Djoser, the next two were further step pyramids started by his sucessors who died early in their construction. THe dyn IV king Sneferu had THREE goes at building the first 'true' pyramid, before his son Khufu got it right.
The wooden artefacts found under Djoser's monument and the ship burials and that of Hetepheres, Khufu's mother, attest to the carbon dates.
That's that answered.
2. Do we know how they were built?
Yes.
Griffiti discovered at the 'air shafts' of both Khufu and Khafre's monuments left by the builder gangs who worked on them attest to the construction methods.
Next?
Here are a few GENUINE links:
How c14 dating confirmed the accepted Egyptian Chronology.
http://www.newscientist.com/artic...rapid-expansion.html#.VEJwExh0wwc
Dating the pyramids:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/pyramid/explore/howold2.html
Building the pyramids.
http://www.touregypt.net/construction/


Next?

Or dou you want to go down the rocky road of the pyramidiots....which leads to a certain embarassing person...CT Russell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugWCRliG4Rg


He was aware of bible history better than most who come here, as he showed that by his use of the pyramid the epochs or ages of the Almighty Gods purpose, when he learnt that many church teachings are false he did not make excuses for them he rid himself of them as he progressed into the truth and many benefitted from his research while other choose to stay stuck in the mud which are you?

He even pointed to which dates in history we could rely on do you know what those dates are?

I don't need to know the dates created in the mind of a deluded twit who called the pyramid of Khufu "a second Bible in stone"...a twit, moreover, who actually either
A got the measurements wrong...
or
B deliberately falsified the measurements to fit his (incorrect) preconceived delusions.

http://www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/11914.html
JamesJah

Re: Egypt and nlind speculation

[quote="Jim:122227"]
JamesJah wrote:
Jim wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Gas the archaeologists scratched the surface of Egypt's history yet?

-
Oh, great: another oversensationalised load of trash  presented as history.
I watched the first ten seconds
1 Can we be sure that the pyramids were built 2,500 years ago?
Well, slightly older...the first was the dyn II Step Pyramid of Djoser, the next two were further step pyramids started by his sucessors who died early in their construction. THe dyn IV king Sneferu had THREE goes at building the first 'true' pyramid, before his son Khufu got it right.
The wooden artefacts found under Djoser's monument and the ship burials and that of Hetepheres, Khufu's mother, attest to the carbon dates.
That's that answered.
2. Do we know how they were built?
Yes.
Griffiti discovered at the 'air shafts' of both Khufu and Khafre's monuments left by the builder gangs who worked on them attest to the construction methods.
Next?
Here are a few GENUINE links:
How c14 dating confirmed the accepted Egyptian Chronology.
http://www.newscientist.com/artic...rapid-expansion.html#.VEJwExh0wwc
Dating the pyramids:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/pyramid/explore/howold2.html
Building the pyramids.
http://www.touregypt.net/construction/


Next?

Or dou you want to go down the rocky road of the pyramidiots....which leads to a certain embarassing person...CT Russell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugWCRliG4Rg


He was aware of bible history better than most who come here, as he showed that by his use of the pyramid the epochs or ages of the Almighty Gods purpose, when he learnt that many church teachings are false he did not make excuses for them he rid himself of them as he progressed into the truth and many benefitted from his research while other choose to stay stuck in the mud which are you?

He even pointed to which dates in history we could rely on do you know what those dates are?

I don't need to know the dates created in the mind of a deluded twit who called the pyramid of Khufu "a second Bible in stone"...a twit, moreover, who actually either
A got the measurements wrong...
or
B deliberately falsified the measurements to fit his (incorrect) preconceived delusions.

http://www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/11914.html


If he had done a perfect job of it he would have been Jesus the Christ  but he did not hang on to false 5teachings just to save face as many do.

Who has Jesus chose as the faithful slave in our day?

Matthew 24:45-47
Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? Happy is that slave if his master on coming finds him doing so! 47 Truly I say to you, he will appoint him over all his belongings.
JamesJah

Re: Egypt and Blind speculation

JamesJah wrote:
Has the archaeologists scratched the surface of Egypt's history yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugWCRliG4Rg


What has been discovered yet as to why and how the Great pyramid of Geezer built?

How come there is so much ignorance over such a monumental land mark??
Jim

Eh?
The great pyramid was not the first to be built, James...haven't you worked that out, yet?
It was the FOURTH pyramid built -seventh attempt, if you count the Step pyramids of the previous dynasty. It wasn't even meant to be the largest, either...the next ruler, Djedefre, started a monument that, had he lived long enough, would have been a hundred feet taller than Khufu's.
There is no mystery about the construction, the workforce (whose cemetaries were discovered a few years back, revealing, not 'slaves;, as Hollywood would have you believe, but a very well nourished, well cared for population.), or the purpose.
The purpose was to unite the Ka of the king with the 'Imperishable stars" as recorded in the Pyramid texts of dyn VI.
That's why the so-called 'air shafts' were aligned with the constellation we call Orion...to make the passage easier. In uniting the Ka of the King with the stars, it was hoped that the populace would gain the same unity.
Have a look at
http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/pyramidreligion.htm
Or read
"The complete pyramids of Egypt" (Thames & Hudson) for a view of all the pyramids from dyn III - XVII, and the Meroitic recreations of pyramids, their changing archetecture and purpose.
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
Eh?
The great pyramid was not the first to be built, James...haven't you worked that out, yet?
It was the FOURTH pyramid built -seventh attempt, if you count the Step pyramids of the previous dynasty. It wasn't even meant to be the largest, either...the next ruler, Djedefre, started a monument that, had he lived long enough, would have been a hundred feet taller than Khufu's.
There is no mystery about the construction, the workforce (whose cemetaries were discovered a few years back, revealing, not 'slaves;, as Hollywood would have you believe, but a very well nourished, well cared for population.), or the purpose.
The purpose was to unite the Ka of the king with the 'Imperishable stars" as recorded in the Pyramid texts of dyn VI.
That's why the so-called 'air shafts' were aligned with the constellation we call Orion...to make the passage easier. In uniting the Ka of the King with the stars, it was hoped that the populace would gain the same unity.


You should have a look at the URL I posted for pyramid numbers. as for gods the Egyptians did like giving them animal heads did they not?

As for trinities how about the wired god the dwarfish the bovine-featured Bes?

I know the Babylonians had the best trinities but you like many seem to be unaware of the Egyptian ones.

Which ones did the popes pinch?

Egyptian gods and goddesses (deities) were all forms of the Creator but they took on identities of their own. Some had special areas of interest: Thoth was a god of wisdom and writing, and Hathor a goddess of love and death.


Jim

JamesJah wrote:
Jim wrote:
Eh?
The great pyramid was not the first to be built, James...haven't you worked that out, yet?
It was the FOURTH pyramid built -seventh attempt, if you count the Step pyramids of the previous dynasty. It wasn't even meant to be the largest, either...the next ruler, Djedefre, started a monument that, had he lived long enough, would have been a hundred feet taller than Khufu's.
There is no mystery about the construction, the workforce (whose cemetaries were discovered a few years back, revealing, not 'slaves;, as Hollywood would have you believe, but a very well nourished, well cared for population.), or the purpose.
The purpose was to unite the Ka of the king with the 'Imperishable stars" as recorded in the Pyramid texts of dyn VI.
That's why the so-called 'air shafts' were aligned with the constellation we call Orion...to make the passage easier. In uniting the Ka of the King with the stars, it was hoped that the populace would gain the same unity.


You should have a look at the URL I posted for pyramid numbers. as for gods the Egyptians did like giving them animal heads did they not?
-
Pyramid numbers?
James, there WERE no pyramid numbers - it was unecessary.
The grasp of geometry and algebra was rudimentary, and it was really not too complicated.
The Old Kingdom was never my strong point, but two friends of mine, Jan Summers and Kate Fizackerly, are expperts in the period. My discipline was and is centred on the lAmarna Period and Third Intermediate period...where, incidentally, I have studied the Meroitic pyramids in some detail.
If you want some academic stuff on the 'classical' pyramids, can I suggest
http://emhotep.net/category/structures/pyramids-structures/
As for animal headed gods? Yes.
The animals represented aspects of the deities,
Why?
-

As for trinities how about the wired god the dwarfish the bovine-featured Bes?
-
Eh? Bes was never worshipped in any temple ('per-netjer'). IThere are a number of statues dating from the Late, Ptolemaic and Roman periods, but in 'classical' Egyptian periods, Bes was mainly confined to amulet or drawing. There are literally thousands of examples of both. It appears he was mainly amuletic in function, being a talismanic symbol in pregnancy. He was never part of a triad (There WERE NO TRINITIES IN EGYPT)
-
I know the Babylonians had the best trinities but you like many seem to be unaware of the Egyptian ones.
-
I've already posted links to the Egyptian triads, James...you obviously ignored them.
Please keep up.
-

Which ones did the popes pinch?
-
Which triads? None.
Why?
-

Egyptian gods and goddesses (deities) were all forms of the Creator but they took on identities of their own. Some had special areas of interest: Thoth was a god of wisdom and writing, and Hathor a goddess of love and death.
=
Thoth (Greek....actually Djehuty) was also a god of writing, a moon god and an aspect of  Nefertum.
(Depending on which time and place - it varied considerably over the millenia).
Hathor/Isis/Sekhmet were personifications of the same deity (netjer).


JamesJah

Beeb News latest

When popes travel, there are three levels of communication.


When Christians travel what do they communicate?
Jim

JamesJah wrote:
Beeb News latest

When popes travel, there are three levels of communication.


When Christians travel what do they communicate?



-
Off topic.
Here's a paper discussing triads, James.
TRIADS - not trinities.
http://www.academia.edu/3638694/Divine_Triads_of_Ancient_Egypt
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Beeb News latest

When popes travel, there are three levels of communication.


When Christians travel what do they communicate?



-
Off topic.
Here's a paper discussing triads, James.
TRIADS - not trinities.
http://www.academia.edu/3638694/Divine_Triads_of_Ancient_Egypt


The fact you do not believe that they are there does not mean some one at some time did not believe it and invent a religion that included the trinity because of the belief system of dome who needed to be pacified in the time of the move to a Great apostate religion which we have today.
Jim

[quote="JamesJah:122258"]
Jim wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Beeb News latest

When popes travel, there are three levels of communication.


When Christians travel what do they communicate?



-
Off topic.
Here's a paper discussing triads, James.
TRIADS - not trinities.
http://www.academia.edu/3638694/Divine_Triads_of_Ancient_Egypt


The fact you do not believe that they are there does not mean some one at some time did not believe it and invent a religion that included the trinity because of the belief system of dome who needed to be pacified in the time of the move to a Great apostate religion which we have today.

-
What I believe about EGYPT'S TRIADS is immaterial, James. I have demonstrated that they were simply groups of gods, usually local in nature, grouped together for reasons more of politics than religion.
That they have no connection with the Christian concept of 'Trinity' should be obvious to even the most cursory glance through the quagmire of the many and varied strands of Egyptian thought.
Only certain less than honest sites use 'trinity' as a substitute for 'triad'. Any reputable site - that is, a peer reviewed site with genuine qualified contributors in the field - would quite rightly scorn such a view.
JamesJah

As you say Jim do you teach they are just groups of gods who  are the equal in power substance and glory?
JamesJah

As you say do you teach they are just groups of gods who  are the equal in power substance and glory?
Jim

I don't teach anything of the kind.
They were 'netjeru', James. We use the term 'gods' because we are thinking like Greco-Romans, who, incidentally, had as much difficulty trying to fathom the Egyptian religion as you seem to, hence they tried to identify 'netjeru' with their own gods, and in the process, standardise a religion which had never been standard, rigid or static.

I don't teach Egyptian religion, James - but in order to understand the times of the various Egyptian ruling dynasties, I need to understand the various strands of thought which governed them.
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
I don't teach anything of the kind.
They were 'netjeru', James. We use the term 'gods' because we are thinking like Greco-Romans, who, incidentally, had as much difficulty trying to fathom the Egyptian religion as you seem to, hence they tried to identify 'netjeru' with their own gods, and in the process, standardise a religion which had never been standard, rigid or static.

I don't teach Egyptian religion, James - but in order to understand the times of the various Egyptian ruling dynasties, I need to understand the various strands of thought which governed them.


O I see so where did the word god come from?

Why are Christians so confused over this word?
JamesJah

Pyramids and star alignments.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiKM3VmjLTo
Jim

JamesJah wrote:
Jim wrote:
I don't teach anything of the kind.
They were 'netjeru', James. We use the term 'gods' because we are thinking like Greco-Romans, who, incidentally, had as much difficulty trying to fathom the Egyptian religion as you seem to, hence they tried to identify 'netjeru' with their own gods, and in the process, standardise a religion which had never been standard, rigid or static.

I don't teach Egyptian religion, James - but in order to understand the times of the various Egyptian ruling dynasties, I need to understand the various strands of thought which governed them.


O I see so where did the word god come from?

Why are Christians so confused over this word?

-
What has that to do with the Greco-Roman misunderstanding of 'netjeru'?
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Jim wrote:
I don't teach anything of the kind.
They were 'netjeru', James. We use the term 'gods' because we are thinking like Greco-Romans, who, incidentally, had as much difficulty trying to fathom the Egyptian religion as you seem to, hence they tried to identify 'netjeru' with their own gods, and in the process, standardise a religion which had never been standard, rigid or static.

I don't teach Egyptian religion, James - but in order to understand the times of the various Egyptian ruling dynasties, I need to understand the various strands of thought which governed them.


O I see so where did the word god come from?

Why are Christians so confused over this word?

-
What has that to do with the Greco-Roman misunderstanding of 'netjeru'?


Did the Romans not call people gods?

The Hebrew priests did not call Caesar god but they did say they had no king  but Caesar and most Caesars considered themselves to have god like status or did they?
Jim

This has nothing to do with the Greco-Roman idea of gods versus the Egyptian concept of 'netjeru'.
Try again.
JamesJah

OK

How about this for revealing a lack of knowledge of Egyptian life???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICj5UBS0cug

       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> All faiths and none
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum