Archive for nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 



       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Christian chat
Honey 56

HE IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON

I know it's early, but would anyone like to post their favourite Christmas songs
I would love to share mine with you.......

http://youtu.be/fhcZ6b2FSsk

(out of the mouths of babes and sucklings I have ordained my praise)


Honey
Jim

Re: HE IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON

Thanks, Honey.
And, with one Advent gone - and the next to come, how about this acapella version of a classic by a great gospel group, Glad?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K50n_YT81A

Maranatha!
Kernewek

Yes I would love to share mine.

http://youtu.be/Vr6ajtA5Otg
bnabernard

Anybody going out to get a yule logos for christmas  

bernard (hug)
Kernewek

Thanks Jim I remember singing this one every Christmas in the school chior

Thanks for the memories

Kernewek
Honey 56

This is inspirational...

http://youtu.be/GrQiLEO4D5s

I pray that this year you will get to know the King of Kings, and if you know Him already, that your love will grow deeper and ever deeper.

Honey  
Jim

I had to post this one from Don Fransisco;

www.youtube.com/watch?v=62KcRJCiETQ
Honey 56

Thank you Jim,

"The Pearl of greatest price"  
Honey
LeClerc

Hi Honey

Honey 56 wrote:
This is inspirational...

http://youtu.be/GrQiLEO4D5s

I pray that this year you will get to know the King of Kings, and if you know Him already, that your love will grow deeper and ever deeper.

Honey  


Lexilogio

ooh! Spoilt for Choice!

When I was a child, we always started Midnight Mass, and Christmas morning with a single descant singing this
Once in Royal David's City

I just find it incredibly beautiful - and considering I'm normally the one who doesn't cry at anything - this can move me to tears....  
Ketty


Link


Mary did you know?


Link
JamesJah

Re: HE IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON

Honey 56 wrote:
I know it's early, but would anyone like to post their favourite Christmas songs
I would love to share mine with you.......

http://youtu.be/fhcZ6b2FSsk

(out of the mouths of babes and sucklings I have ordained my praise)


Honey


Just say three times snow is normal for this time of year    
Honey 56

Lexilogio wrote:
ooh! Spoilt for Choice!

When I was a child, we always started Midnight Mass, and Christmas morning with a single descant singing this
Once in Royal David's City

I just find it incredibly beautiful - and considering I'm normally the one who doesn't cry at anything - this can move me to tears....  


I know what you mean Lexi, especially when it's sung by little ones, their little faces so innocent and glowing, I have to reach for my hanky every time!

Honey
Honey 56

Your choice is quite lovely Ketty and one I have not heard before, the video is from one of my favourite films, directed by Zefferelli, just awesome!

Honey
Honey 56

Re: HE IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON

JamesJah wrote:
Honey 56 wrote:
I know it's early, but would anyone like to post their favourite Christmas songs
I would love to share mine with you.......

http://youtu.be/fhcZ6b2FSsk

(out of the mouths of babes and sucklings I have ordained my praise)


Honey


Just say three times snow is normal for this time of year    


And James,
Don't let the WTBTS catch you posting on a thread like this, they will not be amused, you'll be losing brownie points from your salvation tally if you're not careful.
Tut-Tut.

Honey
Jim

I just found this on Youtube.
Not only is it a great exposition of John 1:1, but it reminds me of my time on Iona with the community.

I AM FOR YOU.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLwHy-HFkYo
JamesJah

Honey 56 wrote:
Lexilogio wrote:
ooh! Spoilt for Choice!

When I was a child, we always started Midnight Mass, and Christmas morning with a single descant singing this
Once in Royal David's City

I just find it incredibly beautiful - and considering I'm normally the one who doesn't cry at anything - this can move me to tears....  


I know what you mean Lexi, especially when it's sung by little ones, their little faces so innocent and glowing, I have to reach for my hanky every time!

Honey


Did people who should know better be thoroughly ashamed of themselves, deceiving innocent children with lies and deception which keep this corrupt system in place?

Do you know how many thousand of toy manufactures are put out of work over the winter solstice?
Jim

Isaiah was right!
From Michael Card....
www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-cTyDtqpmU
JamesJah

Why do many people celebrate Jesus birth in December and not October?
Honey 56

JamesJah wrote:
Why do many people celebrate Jesus birth in December and not October?


My mum gave me some very good advice James, she said "if you can't say something nice, perhaps it's best to say nothing at all"
You would do well to heed it yourself if you cannot bting yourself to enter into the spirirt of things.
If you insist on disrupting this thread I will report you to the moderators James, because you are neither clever or funny at the moment!

Honey
BTW James, you comment on deceiving children, what about those who abuse innocent children and then try to cover it up.

www.silentlambs.org/
Jim

Who cares, James?
Personally, I'd say Februry/March was more like the thing.
But I celebrate Immanuel EVERY day - but even more so when the year seems darkest.
So, Just for you.....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tK1hQpacs8
cyberman

JamesJah wrote:
Why do many people celebrate Jesus birth in December and not October?


Because we have done so for centuries, and changing it now would be too much of an upheaval. We know now that he was not born on 25th December. Even though it is not his birthday, it is the day on which we choose to celebrate the fact that he was born.
JamesJah

Honey 56 wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Why do many people celebrate Jesus birth in December and not October?


My mum gave me some very good advice James, she said "if you can't say something nice, perhaps it's best to say nothing at all"
You would do well to heed it yourself if you cannot bting yourself to enter into the spirirt of things.
If you insist on disrupting this thread I will report you to the moderators James, because you are neither clever or funny at the moment!

Honey
BTW James, you comment on deceiving children, what about those who abuse innocent children and then try to cover it up.

www.silentlambs.org/


They are all as bad as one another there is no excuse for child abuse of any sort, how many will be suffering their over indulgent parents, this time of the year?

How do you build up a Childs faith up in the truth of Gods word by teaching stories invented by false teachers? Who could be all the things you said they could be.
Jim

By eck, James, John Knox would be proud of you!

Come on and CELEBRATE!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks5qWB-sp9s
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
Who cares, James?
Personally, I'd say Februry/March was more like the thing.
But I celebrate Immanuel EVERY day - but even more so when the year seems darkest.
So, Just for you.....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tK1hQpacs8


Now look at what you are doing Jim they are using the name Emanuel in such a way as to make Jesus Equal with the almighty.

How does the Father get to be greater under these circumstances?

John 14:28, 29
If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am.
Jim

Equal?
Nah.
He IS immanuel - GOD with us!
The reason for the season!
Jim

...and I love this version of the classic carol!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqOmuVSCPyY
Honey 56

JamesJah wrote:
Honey 56 wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Why do many people celebrate Jesus birth in December and not October?


My mum gave me some very good advice James, she said "if you can't say something nice, perhaps it's best to say nothing at all"
You would do well to heed it yourself if you cannot bting yourself to enter into the spirirt of things.
If you insist on disrupting this thread I will report you to the moderators James, because you are neither clever or funny at the moment!

Honey
BTW James, you comment on deceiving children, what about those who abuse innocent children and then try to cover it up.

www.silentlambs.org/


They are all as bad as one another there is no excuse for child abuse of any sort, how many will be suffering their over indulgent parents, this time of the year?

How do you build up a Childs faith up in the truth of Gods word by teaching stories invented by false teachers? Who could be all the things you said they could be.


James if you wish to discuss the rights and wrong of celebrating Christmas and indeed what this wonderful season is all about, please do feel free to start another thread, this one is for people tp post their favourite songs.
I would really appreciate it if for just once we could have a Christian thread that isn't disrupted in this way.
Honey
JamesJah

My favourite song is Hallelujah shame about the commercial side of it.
Honey 56

JamesJah wrote:
My favourite song is Hallelujah shame about the commercial side of it.


Thank you James, (I agree about the commercialism)

Hallelujah? is that the one Alexandra Burke sang? (Leonard Cohen)

Could you post a link to it, so that we can listen to it too?


Honey  
JamesJah

I always thought the one we sang in our old church was great because of the acoustics, but they have pulled it down and turned it into a car park.

I was too young to know then, even though that church was high church, we had been praising Jehovah.
Jim

Cohen's Hallelujah is OK - but not a patch on

www.youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU
Powwow

James,
The Angels celebrated the birth of Christ. Each of Job's faithful sons celebrated each their own day(birthdays). I know the Watchtower cult likes to use the fact that Herod executed people on his birthday. Well the truth is Herod was executing people every day of the year.
Paul

There's an even easier way of showing that the feast of the Nativity is scriptural: the Nativity is in the scriptures.
JamesJah

Romans 14:5-9
One [man] judges one day as above another; another [man] judges one day as all others; let each [man] be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day observes it to Jehovah. Also, he who eats, eats to Jehovah, for he gives thanks to God; and he who does not eat does not eat to Jehovah, and yet gives thanks to God. 7 None of us, in fact, lives with regard to himself only, and no one dies with regard to himself only; for both if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. Therefore both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah. For to this end Christ died and came to life again, that he might be Lord over both the dead and the living.

Personally I could never see why man celebrated being born imperfect, or why he should link his birth date to foretellers of events but they do because they worship the demons where as Christians are encouraged not to get associated with demonic practises are they not?

The thing to celebrate about the Christ is his successful life, and his faithful sacrifice.
Jesus instituted the memorial of his death, and it is possible to know the exact time and day on which to commemorate it.

Even with all those facts some have managed to deform that festival and make more of it than Jesus instituted did they not?
Kernewek

JamesJah wrote:
Romans 14:5-9
One [man] judges one day as above another; another [man] judges one day as all others; let each [man] be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day observes it to Jehovah. Also, he who eats, eats to Jehovah, for he gives thanks to God; and he who does not eat does not eat to Jehovah, and yet gives thanks to God. 7 None of us, in fact, lives with regard to himself only, and no one dies with regard to himself only; for both if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. Therefore both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah. For to this end Christ died and came to life again, that he might be Lord over both the dead and the living.

Personally I could never see why man celebrated being born imperfect, or why he should link his birth date to foretellers of events but they do because they worship the demons where as Christians are encouraged not to get associated with demonic practises are they not?

The thing to celebrate about the Christ is his successful life, and his faithful sacrifice.
Jesus instituted the memorial of his death, and it is possible to know the exact time and day on which to commemorate it.

Even with all those facts some have managed to deform that festival and make more of it than Jesus instituted did they not?



5 One person considers some days more holy than others, while someone else regards them as being all alike. What is important is for each to be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes a day as special does so to honor the Lord. Also he who eats anything, eats to honor the Lord, since he gives thanks to God; likewise the abstainer abstains to honor the Lord, and he too gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives only in relation to himself, and none of us dies only in relation to himself; 8 for if we live, we live in relation to the Lord; and if we die, we die in relation to the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord — 9 indeed, it was for this very reason that the Messiah died and came back to life, so that he might be Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 You then, why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For all of us will stand before God’s judgment seat; 11 since it is written in the Tanakh,


James you seem to have missed the point, please read the sentance in bold  print  it is the same as yours but taken from the CJB.
If something is done to honour Adonia, then it is not up to anyone to question what is done with a sincere heart.
Jim

One of the most thoughtful modern Christmas songs
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmGW7Sew8xg
Honey 56

Jim wrote:
One of the most thoughtful modern Christmas songs
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmGW7Sew8xg


That is so beautiful Jim,

Often in the scriptures we read that 'Mary pondered these things in her heart' and yet even as a Mum myself I have never really explored what she must have truly been feeling, how it must have dawned on her just what was  expected of her little baby, young son, fine young, but fully grown up Man and Her Lord and Saviour too. And then to have to watch helplessly as He sacrificed Himself for a world that was not worthy?

It is really heartbreaking when you think about it.

Thank you so much for posting this link Jim.

Honey
Jim

I like the tendancy to sweep away sentimentality in modern worship songs.
Stuart Townend is rapidly becoming one of the greatest modern hymnwriters. This example really encapsulate the 'ordinariness' and the extraordinary.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YksTeR61O1I
Honey 56

Kernewek wrote:
quote]


5 One person considers some days more holy than others, while someone else regards them as being all alike. What is important is for each to be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes a day as special does so to honor the Lord. Also he who eats anything, eats to honor the Lord, since he gives thanks to God; likewise the abstainer abstains to honor the Lord, and he too gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives only in relation to himself, and none of us dies only in relation to himself; 8 for if we live, we live in relation to the Lord; and if we die, we die in relation to the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord — 9 indeed, it was for this very reason that the Messiah died and came back to life, so that he might be Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 You then, why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For all of us will stand before God’s judgment seat; 11 since it is written in the Tanakh,


James you seem to have missed the point, please read the sentance in bold  print  it is the same as yours but taken from the CJB.
If something is done to honour Adonia, then it is not up to anyone to question what is done with a sincere heart.



Yes
This is something that unfortunately the average JW does not understand the freedom that Salvation in Messiah Yeshua gives……

1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,a 2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death
Romans 8.


Honey  
Kernewek

Jim wrote:
I like the tendancy to sweep away sentimentality in modern worship songs.
.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YksTeR61O1I


thanks Jim, this song was to my heart a complete joy and wonder the entire Gospel in one song.

Again, thanks a million

Kernewek.
bnabernard

Does a person not celebrate the birth of Adam when they celebrate their own birthday?

bernard (hug)
Honey 56

bnabernard wrote:
Does a person not celebrate the birth of Adam when they celebrate their own birthday?

bernard (hug)


I don't do you?

Honey

BTW favourite Christmas song?
bnabernard

I play silent night with why does the world go on turning, it's hard someetimes as playing it my way it can be quite emotional.

bernard (hug)

I'd better add, that the emotional bit is not cos I'm such a terrible guitar player and singer, though there are those who would agree with that reason for their own emotional disturbance  
Honey 56

bnabernard wrote:
I play silent night with why does the world go on turning, it's hard someetimes as playing it my way it can be quite emotional.

bernard (hug)

I'd better add, that the emotional bit is not cos I'm such a terrible guitar player and singer, though there are those who would agree with that reason for their own emotional disturbance  


Right, I double dare you to post yourself on Youtube singing and playing 'Silent night' with 'Why does the world keep on turning' (my Karaoke of choice BTW, and not a dry eye in the house for the reason you stated) and post a link to it, go on, you know you want to!  

Honey  
bnabernard

the closest I come to displaying my wares on the net is a half version of always look on the bright side of life    on facebook and no-ones getting my facebook link in this lifetime  

bernard (hug)

Besides what would I do with super stardom  
Honey 56

bnabernard wrote:
the closest I come to displaying my wares on the net is a half version of always look on the bright side of life    on facebook and no-ones getting my facebook link in this lifetime  

bernard (hug)

Besides what would I do with super stardom  


You could thank all the little people (like me) who got you there, a house in the Bahamas or some such, just a small token of appreciation!  
JamesJah

Hallow Bernard

We know you play quite well but I would have thought it would have been any thing but silent night, with or with out the tears.

Your proper dad was always good at vamping on the Joanna.
JamesJah

Kernewek wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Romans 14:5-9
One [man] judges one day as above another; another [man] judges one day as all others; let each [man] be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day observes it to Jehovah. Also, he who eats, eats to Jehovah, for he gives thanks to God; and he who does not eat does not eat to Jehovah, and yet gives thanks to God. 7 None of us, in fact, lives with regard to himself only, and no one dies with regard to himself only; for both if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. Therefore both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah. For to this end Christ died and came to life again, that he might be Lord over both the dead and the living.

Personally I could never see why man celebrated being born imperfect, or why he should link his birth date to foretellers of events but they do because they worship the demons where as Christians are encouraged not to get associated with demonic practises are they not?

The thing to celebrate about the Christ is his successful life, and his faithful sacrifice.
Jesus instituted the memorial of his death, and it is possible to know the exact time and day on which to commemorate it.

Even with all those facts some have managed to deform that festival and make more of it than Jesus instituted did they not?



5 One person considers some days more holy than others, while someone else regards them as being all alike. What is important is for each to be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes a day as special does so to honor the Lord. Also he who eats anything, eats to honor the Lord, since he gives thanks to God; likewise the abstainer abstains to honor the Lord, and he too gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives only in relation to himself, and none of us dies only in relation to himself; 8 for if we live, we live in relation to the Lord; and if we die, we die in relation to the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord — 9 indeed, it was for this very reason that the Messiah died and came back to life, so that he might be Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 You then, why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For all of us will stand before God’s judgment seat; 11 since it is written in the Tanakh,


James you seem to have missed the point, please read the sentance in bold  print  it is the same as yours but taken from the CJB.
If something is done to honour Adonia, then it is not up to anyone to question what is done with a sincere heart.


I thought the scripture I posted did show we should have a balance view of matters, but some of the other scripture advice does show Christians do have to be careful of how they are viewed by people who could be stumbled by the freedom Christians have on some matters.

1 Corinthians 8:4-9
Now concerning the eating of foods offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no God but one. For even though there are those who are called “gods,” whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many gods and many lords, there is actually to us one God the Father, out of whom all things are, and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are, and we through him. 7 Nevertheless, there is not this knowledge in all persons; but some, being accustomed until now to the idol, eat food as something sacrificed to an idol, and their conscience, being weak, is defiled. But food will not commend us to God; if we do not eat, we do not fall short, and, if we eat, we have no credit to ourselves. But keep watching that this authority of yourS does not somehow become a stumbling block to those who are weak.
bnabernard

JamesJah wrote:
Hallow Bernard

We know you play quite well but I would have thought it would have been any thing but silent night, with or with out the tears.

Your proper dad was always good at vamping on the Joanna.


Yes and these days I've got the teeth missing to match my real dads grin when having a vamp, mind you without the teeth I'm no good as a vam-pire.

Silent night when done with the other song can give it a whole different outlook I find they speak well in me, but who knows, or as me real mum might say it's goose for the gander or some such thing  

Be better anyway when I can find a guitar that works, mine always seem to make a funny noise when I play them   four of them and even a twelve string now, but I still can't find the key hole  

bernard (hug)
Honey 56

JamesJah wrote:
Kernewek wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Romans 14:5-9
One [man] judges one day as above another; another [man] judges one day as all others; let each [man] be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day observes it to Jehovah. Also, he who eats, eats to Jehovah, for he gives thanks to God; and he who does not eat does not eat to Jehovah, and yet gives thanks to God. 7 None of us, in fact, lives with regard to himself only, and no one dies with regard to himself only; for both if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. Therefore both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah. For to this end Christ died and came to life again, that he might be Lord over both the dead and the living.

Personally I could never see why man celebrated being born imperfect, or why he should link his birth date to foretellers of events but they do because they worship the demons where as Christians are encouraged not to get associated with demonic practises are they not?

The thing to celebrate about the Christ is his successful life, and his faithful sacrifice.
Jesus instituted the memorial of his death, and it is possible to know the exact time and day on which to commemorate it.

Even with all those facts some have managed to deform that festival and make more of it than Jesus instituted did they not?



5 One person considers some days more holy than others, while someone else regards them as being all alike. What is important is for each to be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes a day as special does so to honor the Lord. Also he who eats anything, eats to honor the Lord, since he gives thanks to God; likewise the abstainer abstains to honor the Lord, and he too gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives only in relation to himself, and none of us dies only in relation to himself; 8 for if we live, we live in relation to the Lord; and if we die, we die in relation to the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord — 9 indeed, it was for this very reason that the Messiah died and came back to life, so that he might be Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 You then, why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For all of us will stand before God’s judgment seat; 11 since it is written in the Tanakh,


James you seem to have missed the point, please read the sentance in bold  print  it is the same as yours but taken from the CJB.
If something is done to honour Adonia, then it is not up to anyone to question what is done with a sincere heart.


I thought the scripture I posted did show we should have a balance view of matters, but some of the other scripture advice does show Christians do have to be careful of how they are viewed by people who could be stumbled by the freedom Christians have on some matters.

1 Corinthians 8:4-9
Now concerning the eating of foods offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no God but one. For even though there are those who are called “gods,” whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many gods and many lords, there is actually to us one God the Father, out of whom all things are, and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are, and we through him. 7 Nevertheless, there is not this knowledge in all persons; but some, being accustomed until now to the idol, eat food as something sacrificed to an idol, and their conscience, being weak, is defiled. But food will not commend us to God; if we do not eat, we do not fall short, and, if we eat, we have no credit to ourselves. But keep watching that this authority of yourS does not somehow become a stumbling block to those who are weak.


Most of these scriptures are more to do with stumbling other believers, for instance calling another believer out and trying to make them feel ashamed of what they have personally done with a good conscience before the Lord.

The WTBTS's stance on blood products springs to mind, only this teaching has and does cost people their lives.

Honey
JamesJah

pquote]
The WTBTS's stance on blood products springs to mind, only this teaching has and does cost people their lives.

Honey
[/quote]

Don't forget fornication also Honey it is possible to get almost as many deadly diseases from both, though blood is the worst source.

Acts 15:28, 29
For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favoured adding no further burden to you, except these necessary things,[b] to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication.[
gone

The JW nonsense on blood transfusions is evil!
Jim

Yep.
And absolutely nothing to do with Christmas.....
Honey 56

Quote:
JamesJah wrote:

The WTBTS's stance on blood products springs to mind, only this teaching has and does cost people their lives.

Honey


Don't forget fornication also Honey it is possible to get almost as many deadly diseases from both, though blood is the worst source.



Do you have statistics for this James? (transfused blood causing more diseases than are sexually transmitted?)


We must also bare in mind James, that there are many things we do as 'Christians' that could bring us under YHWH's judgement, things done in secret that don't necessarily cause disease or illness or other tell tale signs.
But when a person receives their salvation the desire to purposely offend YHWH is taken away, we are reborn into a new life and we do not wish to offend or hurt our Father in Heaven.

We are also warned in that scripture to abstain from food sacrificed to idols as well as blood(shed) meat that is strangled and fornication.

However, the most important thing is we obey YHWH's commands because we desire to and from a grateful heart.
We should not need a man made organisation dictating how we behave towards YHWH,  or how we conduct our relationships, especially within a marriage, or our conducts towards others.
These commands should be written on our hearts, and should not be carried out in a legalistic way or through fear of offending a manmade organisation or through fear of being ostracised from that organisation, but rather through love and respect for our fellow creature and  our Creator.
And most importantly we should not use them as a stumbling block for other Christians which is why these scriptures were written as a guide to how we conduct our lives both privately and corporately.

Honey
Kernewek

Romans 14; 5-10
5 One person considers some days more holy than others, while someone else regards them as being all alike. What is important is for each to be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes a day as special does so to honour the Lord. Also he who eats anything, eats to honour the Lord, since he gives thanks to God; likewise the abstainer abstains to honour the Lord, and he too gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives only in relation to himself, and none of us dies only in relation to himself; 8 for if we live, we live in relation to the Lord; and if we die, we die in relation to the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord — 9 indeed, it was for this very reason that the Messiah died and came back to life, so that he might be Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 You then, why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For all of us will stand before God’s judgment seat; 11 since it is written in the Tanakh,

James once again you have missed the point, you are so caught up in the  WTBTS teachings you do not fully take in what the Word of God is teaching. You quote scripture as if it is going out of fashion yet you do not fully understand it. An old Pastor of mine once told me that if I didn’t agree with something that he was teaching I was to go into the Bible read what he was teaching on, and ask YHWH for the meaning of the scripture and how it pertained to my life, I have found that this piece of advice has lasted me a long time, it is still working for me today.

So please James, in love go to the Word of God. Ask him to show you the way, and you will find that Adonai will never let you down.

For there is no condemnation in Christ Jesus, condemnation comes from the father of lies and man.

Kernewek
Jim

It seems to me that the WTBTS group is behaving exactly like the Pharasees whom Jesus condemned as hypocrites, straining over the minutiae of a law no-one can fulfill save Christ who is the fulfillment of the Law.
They may share in the condemnation which the LORD Jesus issued.
Chirst Jesus, God Incarnate, came as a child to become the Immanuel who would be the one to seek and to save "and give His life, a ransom for many."
Any cult, pseudo-church or false prophesy group which puts anything in the way of that salvation reaching a person in need of it is guilty of putting a sumbling block in the path set by God.
They bring the condemnation on themselves.

Isn't it a pity that gentiles, magi from the east, recognised the divinity of that scrap of life. People who did not recognise YHWH suddenly saw YHWH in a scrap of life in a feeding trough?
No wonder we celebrate Christ, God Incarnate!
Yet people who clain the Name, yet do not know Him, refuse to do as the foriegners did?
JamesJah

Kernewek wrote:
Romans 14; 5-10
5 One person considers some days more holy than others, while someone else regards them as being all alike. What is important is for each to be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes a day as special does so to honour the Lord. Also he who eats anything, eats to honour the Lord, since he gives thanks to God; likewise the abstainer abstains to honour the Lord, and he too gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives only in relation to himself, and none of us dies only in relation to himself; 8 for if we live, we live in relation to the Lord; and if we die, we die in relation to the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord — 9 indeed, it was for this very reason that the Messiah died and came back to life, so that he might be Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 You then, why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For all of us will stand before God’s judgment seat; 11 since it is written in the Tanakh,

James once again you have missed the point, you are so caught up in the  WTBTS teachings you do not fully take in what the Word of God is teaching. You quote scripture as if it is going out of fashion yet you do not fully understand it. An old Pastor of mine once told me that if I didn’t agree with something that he was teaching I was to go into the Bible read what he was teaching on, and ask YHWH for the meaning of the scripture and how it pertained to my life, I have found that this piece of advice has lasted me a long time, it is still working for me today.

So please James, in love go to the Word of God. Ask him to show you the way, and you will find that Adonai will never let you down.

For there is no condemnation in Christ Jesus, condemnation comes from the father of lies and man.

Kernewek


Very good Kernewek

Have you not got too these two scriptures yet?

Psalm 26:4)
I have not sat with men of untruth; And with those who hide what they are I do not come in.

James 1:22-25
However, become doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves with false reasoning. For if anyone is a hearer of the word, and not a doer, this one is like a man looking at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself, and off he goes and immediately forgets what sort of man he is. But he who peers into the perfect law that belongs to freedom and who persists in [it], this [man], because he has become, not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, will be happy in his doing [it].
JamesJah

Pleinmont wrote:
The JW nonsense on blood transfusions is evil!


When doctors are looking for what disease a person or animal has where is the first place to look?
Honey 56

Jim wrote:
It seems to me that the WTBTS group is behaving exactly like the Pharasees whom Jesus condemned as hypocrites, straining over the minutiae of a law no-one can fulfill save Christ who is the fulfillment of the Law.
They may share in the condemnation which the LORD Jesus issued.
Chirst Jesus, God Incarnate, came as a child to become the Immanuel who would be the one to seek and to save "and give His life, a ransom for many."
Any cult, pseudo-church or false prophesy group which puts anything in the way of that salvation reaching a person in need of it is guilty of putting a sumbling block in the path set by God.
They bring the condemnation on themselves.

Isn't it a pity that gentiles, magi from the east, recognised the divinity of that scrap of life. People who did not recognise YHWH suddenly saw YHWH in a scrap of life in a feeding trough?
No wonder we celebrate Christ, God Incarnate!
Yet people who clain the Name, yet do not know Him, refuse to do as the foriegners did?


Excellent post Jim.

Kernewek

(1) Vindicate me, Adonai, for I have lived a blameless life; unwaveringly I trust in Adonai.  2 Examine me, Adonai, test me, search my mind and heart. 3 For your grace is there before my eyes, and I live my life by your truth. 4 I have not sat with worthless folks I won’t consort with hypocrites, 5 I hate the company of evil doers, I will not sit with the wicked. 6 I will wash my hands in innocence and walk around your altar, Adonai, 7 lifting my voice in thanks and proclaiming all your wonders .8 Adonai, I love the house where you live, the place where your glory abides. 9 Don’t include me with sinners or my life with the bloodthirsty. 10 In their hands are evil schemes; their right hands are full of bribes. 11 As for me, I will live a blameless life .Redeem me and show me favour. 12 My feet are planted on level ground; in the assemblies I will bless Adonai.

Yes James, but here is Psalm 26 in its entirety. As you can see David is giving all the glory for his life to Adonai. He also tells of his keeping to the path that YHWH as set out for righteous men to walk.

David  is not condemning any man, he only stipulates on his own life( I do not, I have not,) it would do some people to learn this lesson , it is all ok to read the Bible, but please take the scriptures as a complete work and don't just take a sentence or two to make a point.

21 So rid yourselves of all vulgarity and obvious evil, and receive meekly the Word implanted in you that can save your lives. 22 Don’t deceive yourselves by only hearing what the Word says, but do it! 23 For whoever hears the Word but doesn’t do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror, 24 who looks at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But if a person looks closely into the perfect Torah, which gives freedom, and continues, becoming not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work it requires, then he will be blessed in what he does.

Here again you have left out the most important of the verses, verse 21

Kernewek.
JamesJah

Would Jim be accepted by the early Christian congregations?
Jim

Who cares?
I'm accepted by Christ.
Nothing else matters.
JamesJah

Kernewek wrote:
(1) Vindicate me, Adonai, for I have lived a blameless life; unwaveringly I trust in Adonai.  2 Examine me, Adonai, test me, search my mind and heart. 3 For your grace is there before my eyes, and I live my life by your truth. 4 I have not sat with worthless folks I won’t consort with hypocrites, 5 I hate the company of evil doers, I will not sit with the wicked. 6 I will wash my hands in innocence and walk around your altar, Adonai, 7 lifting my voice in thanks and proclaiming all your wonders .8 Adonai, I love the house where you live, the place where your glory abides. 9 Don’t include me with sinners or my life with the bloodthirsty. 10 In their hands are evil schemes; their right hands are full of bribes. 11 As for me, I will live a blameless life .Redeem me and show me favour. 12 My feet are planted on level ground; in the assemblies I will bless Adonai.

Yes James, but here is Psalm 26 in its entirety. As you can see David is giving all the glory for his life to Adonai. He also tells of his keeping to the path that YHWH as set out for righteous men to walk.

David  is not condemning any man, he only stipulates on his own life( I do not, I have not,) it would do some people to learn this lesson , it is all ok to read the Bible, but please take the scriptures as a complete work and don't just take a sentence or two to make a point.

21 So rid yourselves of all vulgarity and obvious evil, and receive meekly the Word implanted in you that can save your lives. 22 Don’t deceive yourselves by only hearing what the Word says, but do it! 23 For whoever hears the Word but doesn’t do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror, 24 who looks at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But if a person looks closely into the perfect Torah, which gives freedom, and continues, becoming not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work it requires, then he will be blessed in what he does.

Here again you have left out the most important of the verses, verse 21

Kernewek.


Leaving out does not change the meaning does it?

Was that verse in the original manuscripts?
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
Who cares?
I'm accepted by Christ.
Nothing else matters.


Where is the Christ that you have been accepted by Jim?
Jim

Galatians 2: 19-20.
I'm with Paul all the way!
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
Galatians 2: 19-20.
I'm with Paul all the way!


Paul is saying he had faith in Jesus blood, not quite what you have said now is it?

Haemophiliacs

2 Dec 2003 ... Robert James is one of over 1200 British haemophiliacs infected with HIV
through blood products in the 1980s.

Blood is now screened and factors heat treated but before these processes were put in place more than 4,800 haemophiliacs in Britain were infected with Hepatitis C and 1,200 were infected with HIV as well. Many have already died from their infections – of those who were infected with HIV, some 530 people are still living

Many haemophiliacs did not know that they had been infected until years later – this led to many partners and children also becoming infected.

http://www.tht.org.uk/myhiv/HIV-a...our-diagnosis/Haemophilia-and-HIV
Honey 56

JamesJah wrote:
Would Jim be accepted by the early Christian congregations?


would you?

As Jim says it matters not who is against us, as long as Christ Is for us!

Do you know the mind of Christ?

Honey
Kernewek

Quote:
Leaving out does not change the meaning does it?

Was that verse in the original manuscripts?



Firstly James if a line or two is left out of a chapter then of course it is going to change the nature and meaning of what is being said.

And secondly I do not know if verse 21 was in the original manuscript, then again neither do the WTBTS, but reading the Complete Jewish Bible should help better than reading the NWT a book that keeps getting altered to suit man’s needs.

Kernewek.
Jim

"....but nevertheless I live, but not I - Christ, who lives in me...."

Seems clear enough to me, James.
Do you want to play scripture quotes to show the proofs of salvation?
How long have you got?
Kernewek

Galatians 2; 19-20

19 For it was through letting the Torah speak for itself that I died to its traditional legalistic misinterpretation, so that I might live in direct relationship with God. 20 When the Messiah was executed on the stake as a criminal, I was too; so that my proud ego no longer lives. But the Messiah lives in me, and the life I now live in my body I live by the same trusting faithfulness that the Son of God had, who loved me and gave himself up for me. 21 I do not reject God’s gracious gift; for if the way in which one attains righteousness is through legalism, then the Messiah’s death was pointless.

James if you read Galatians 2; 19 and 20 you will see that Jim was saying that he like Sha'ul (Paul) has shared in the death of Yeshua, and that he now lives in a direct relationship with YHWH.

Kernewek.
Jim

Kernewek;
We've been there - and got the headache.
I have debated with members of the WTBTS both online and door-to-door, and, by and large, they simply cannot grasp the reality of what Scripture says - that we can trade our flawed, failing existance for a new one, an enhanced, full life, the one Jesus promises us in John 10:10. The fact - and it IS a fact - that the reality of a relationship with YHWH can be ours now, not only a theory found in Scripture, but a living relationship - seems to elude them in a way I just can't get my head round.
Unfortunately, they always go down the legalistic, Pharisee-like path which leads to a cul-de-sac.
I write in shorthand with WTBTS members now - maybe that might shock a few into reading the Scriptures in the light of the Spirit, rather than the darkness of the Watchtower.
Honey 56

The problem being,
The Jehovah's witnesses, do not understand the Salvation that comes through a belief in Messiah Yeshua alone,because...

1 They are taught by the WTBTS that there is no Salvation except through that organisation alone.

2) The rebirth through Messiah Yeshua is only for 144.000 elite 'annointed'
Jehovahs witnesses

3 There are ways that they have to earn their salvation, thus negating the need for Christ's sacrifice, because if we were able to save oursleves through works, then Messiah Yeshua need not of suffered and died for a humanity lost in it's sin and separated from YHWH.

As Jim says we could all trade scriptures all day long, but if we are not trusting in Messiah Yeshua alone, well.......

Honey
JamesJah

If you live Jim, what is you problem if JW's live by means of faith in the shed blood also?
Kernewek

Jim wrote:
Kernewek;
We've been there - and got the headache.
I have debated with members of the WTBTS both online and door-to-door, and, by and large, they simply cannot grasp the reality of what Scripture says - that we can trade our flawed, failing existance for a new one, an enhanced, full life, the one Jesus promises us in John 10:10. The fact - and it IS a fact - that the reality of a relationship with YHWH can be ours now, not only a theory found in Scripture, but a living relationship - seems to elude them in a way I just can't get my head round.
Unfortunately, they always go down the legalistic, Pharisee-like path which leads to a cul-de-sac.
I write in shorthand with WTBTS members now - maybe that might shock a few into reading the Scriptures in the light of the Spirit, rather than the darkness of the Watchtower.


Jim I to have had long discussions with the JW's when they used to come to my home when I was searching for YHWH,the truth whatever one wishes to call it.

It never did feel right to me or my family untill we attended a crusade by a Penticostal fellowship. And that thankfuly is where I gave my life to Messiah Yeshua. Coming onto this forum and reading the posts of like minded people has been a complete blessing.

Thank you, love in Christ Jesus.

Kernewek.
Jim

Janes;
My 'problem' is that, of the WTBTS group members I have encountered, I have yet to detct the sheeer joy, the delight which comes in a daily walk with Jesus.
They quote scriptures from a ruptured perversion of the sciptures with all the joy and freedom of a dyspeptic robot., yet when taken away from the comfort blanket which actually smothers the relationship with Christ AKA the Watchtower, with its innumerable contradictions, shifts, twists and misquotes, they have to depend on their own minds - or rely on the Holy Spirit.
I have a friend who pastors an evangelical Church. For his first forty years, he was enmeshed in the WT misdirection - until he gave himself to Christ, acknowledging Him as LORD and God.
Of course, his former fellowship and family 'shunned/disfellowshipped' him - but in Christ he found a new life and family, and a richness he had never known before. He's seventy-odd now, and has cancer. Despite the pain and the discomfort, though, the joy of his new life is not one whit diminished.
JamesJah

How is it Jim nominal Christians are so disunited?

1 Corinthians 1:10-14
Now I exhort you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that you should all speak in agreement, and that there should not be divisions among you, but that you may be fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought. For the disclosure was made to me about you, my brothers, by those of [the house of] Chloe, that dissensions exist among you. What I mean is this, that each one of you says: I belong to Paul, But I to Apollos, But I to Cephas, But I to Christ. The Christ exists divided. Paul was not impaled for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

Why is it important for Christians to speak in harmony with Gods word and be in agreement?
Honey 56

James.

What is a 'nominal christian'?

Honey
Kernewek

What is a 'nominal christian'?

Could this be anyone who disagrees with the WTBTS.


Kernewek.
JamesJah

It is one who will be saying when did we see you?
Jim

Haven't you missed the rest of the parable out, James?
Ketty

A bumper sticker recently seen:  "Sin is the reason for the season"
Jim

[quote="Ketty:83680"]A bumper sticker recently seen:  "[b]Sin[/b] is the reason for the season"[/quote]  
JamesJah

Jim  

Where do you find the Good News in these last days?

Romans 1:16
The good news; it is, in fact, God’s power for salvation to everyone having faith, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. . .
Jim

So you STILL missed out the rest of the parable.
JamesJah

I do not have to quote it Jim, most know where they stand, do they not?
Farmer Geddon

Honey 56 wrote:
James.

What is a 'nominal christian'?

Honey


Kernewek wrote:
What is a 'nominal christian'?

Could this be anyone who disagrees with the WTBTS.


Kernewek.


Seriously?

You don't know what a nominal christian is?

It's the biggest group of Christians here in the UK that's what it is!!




Honey 56

Dear James
A true disciple of Messiah Yeshua, will not have to ask "When did we see you", because they should be busy, visiting the sick, those in prison, giving food and drink to those who hunger and thirst, giving help or shelter to strangers, in fact treating the least of Yeshua’s brothers as if they were Yeshua himself.

Who are my mother and my brothers?” he asked.
34Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! 35Whoever does God’s will is my brother and sister and mother.”
Mark 3.


17It is better, if it is God’s will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. 18For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, [b]to bring you to God.
1 Peter.3


3This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6who gave himself as a ransom for all men—the testimony given in its proper time.
1 Timothy 2.
Honey 56

Ketty wrote:
A bumper sticker recently seen:  "Sin is the reason for the season"




JamesJah

Nominal Christians have no idea who Christ’s brothers are.

Nominal Christians have no idea when Christ came to his temple to cleans it, or what Christ’s temple is

Nominal Christians are the ones that think it is just good works that is being spoken about.

Nominal Christians do not know what a weed Christian is or even that they exist.
Jim

Ah, thanks for the definition, James.
So now we know:
The WTBTS are "nominal Christians."
Powwow

LOL
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
Ah, thanks for the definition, James.
So now we know:
The WTBTS are "nominal Christians."


If you are a genuine Christian and not an emotionally unstable nominal one perhaps you would like to prove it by giving a detailed answer to these points>>

Nominal Christians have no idea who Christ’s brothers are.

Nominal Christians have no idea when Christ came to his temple to cleans it, or what Christ’s temple is

Nominal Christians are the ones that think it is just good works that is being spoken about.

Nominal Christians do not know what a weed Christian is or even that they exist.
Jim

1) Christ's Brothers (and sisters)?
Yep. count me in there. I'm adopted into God's family!
2.) "Don't you know you are the Temple of the Holy Spirit" (Incidentally, a temple is there to worship a PERSON - not an electrical force.
Count me in again!
3) Salvation comes through faith, not works.
4) As part of the vine, I'm bearing fruit for Him.
Want some wine?
Ketty

Jim wrote:
1) Christ's Brothers (and sisters)?
Yep. count me in there. I'm adopted into God's family!
2.) "Don't you know you are the Temple of the Holy Spirit" (Incidentally, a temple is there to worship a PERSON - not an electrical force.
Count me in again!
3) Salvation comes through faith, not works.
4) As part of the vine, I'm bearing fruit for Him.
Want some wine?


JamesJah

If it is true what Jim is saying, why did the one who buried his talent get such a negative result?

Matthew 25:26, 27
In reply his master said to him, ‘Wicked and sluggish slave, you knew, did you, that I reaped where I did not sow and gathered where I did not winnow? Well, then, you ought to have deposited my silver monies with the bankers, and on my arrival I would be receiving what is mine with interest.

Matthew 7:21-23
Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness.

Matthew 7:24
Therefore everyone that hears these sayings of mine and does them will be likened to a discreet man, who built his house upon the rock-mass.
Jim

What d'you mean "if it is true what Jim is saying,"?
Do you doubt me?
And, if so, on what basis?
JamesJah

Did you read the scriptures?

Matthew 7:21-23
Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will
Jim

Yes.
I do read them.
Your point being.....?
Farmer Geddon

Honey 56 wrote:
James.

What is a 'nominal christian'?

Honey


Kernewek wrote:
What is a 'nominal christian'?

Could this be anyone who disagrees with the WTBTS.


Kernewek.


Seriously?

You don't know what a nominal christian is?

It's the biggest group of Christians here in the UK that's what it is!!





       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Christian chat Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum