Archive for nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 



       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Just joined? Come in and say hi
The Boyg

Hello Bernard

Hello Bernard.
Lexilogio

Welcome to the forum. Pull up a chair.

So how did you find us?
Ketty

Hello Bernard  



Yes, tell us a little about yourself and where you found this little forum of ours.

Just FYI, we have another Bernie (bnabernard), but I'm sure we'll be able to tell the difference.
Mr Spock

Wello

'ello there me old muckers.
I was directed here from the old BBC religion forums.  
I like Catholicism, Philosophy, Theology, Classical Literature, Classical Music, Nature, Wildlife, Pets etc.  
Shaker

Ah the old Beeb boards - I still miss 'em  

Were you Bernard there too or did you have a different screen name?
Mr Spock

I was am and the Man with no name.
I well remember you, shaker, and lenny, and cyberman, and some of the other old chums.  
Ketty

Bernard wrote:
I was am and the Man with no name.
I well remember you, shaker, and lenny, and cyberman, and some of the other old chums.  


A chatty one.  Hurrah!  

Mr Spock

Ketty wrote:
Bernard wrote:
I was am and the Man with no name.
I well remember you, shaker, and lenny, and cyberman, and some of the other old chums.  


A chatty one.  Hurrah!  



Not to be confused with Alan Carr though  
Ketty

I've seen Alan Carr live and he's very funny.  
trentvoyager

Ketty wrote:
I've seen Alan Carr live and he's very funny.  


Me too Ketty - I would not have dreamed of going to see him - but got offered free tickets - and I was surprised at how funny he was.
Leonard James

Bernard wrote:
I was am and the Man with no name.
I well remember you, shaker, and lenny, and cyberman, and some of the other old chums.  


I am intrigued! What was your name when you knew me ... because "Man with no name" doesn't ring a bell!.
Mr Spock

How long will my posting be "moderated"?
Mr Spock

Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember with advantages
What feats he did that day: then shall our names.
Familiar in his mouth as household words
Ketty

Bernard wrote:
How long will my posting be "moderated"?


All new posters are put onto pre-mod.

It's Lexi's decision over when that is no longer the case.  There's no set time scale.  Maybe we should make it a certain minimum number of posts for newbies?
Ketty

trentvoyager wrote:
Ketty wrote:
I've seen Alan Carr live and he's very funny.  


Me too Ketty - I would not have dreamed of going to see him - but got offered free tickets - and I was surprised at how funny he was.


I didn't choose to see him specifically, he was part of a 'variety' line up.  Like you, I was pleasantly surprised at just how much he made me laugh out loud, at one point so much my tummy hurt.  I've liked him ever since.
Leonard James

Bernard wrote:
Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember with advantages
What feats he did that day: then shall our names.
Familiar in his mouth as household words


If that's an answer to my post, Bernard, I am still as mystified as before.  
Mr Spock

Ketty wrote:
Bernard wrote:
How long will my posting be "moderated"?


All new posters are put onto pre-mod.

It's Lexi's decision over when that is no longer the case.  There's no set time scale.  Maybe we should make it a certain minimum number of posts for newbies?


It is somewhat off putting like being in the naughty corner just in case you are naughty. I could be off gallivanting about town, you know, instead of posting.  
Leonard James

I'm old and thick, but I really don't see the need for gagging new posters.

Surely if they post anything disapproved of it can just be removed?
Mr Spock

Leonard James wrote:
I'm old and thick, but I really don't see the need for gagging new posters.

Surely if they post anything disapproved of it can just be removed?


Wise words, me thinks
Ketty

Leonard James wrote:
I'm old and thick, but I really don't see the need for gagging new posters.

Surely if they post anything disapproved of it can just be removed?


Ah, but Lennie, not everyone behaves themselves like you, nor are as wise as you, and if a Mod isn't around to moderate the naughtiness then they get away with it until the prefects arrive back.  It's worked well for now, but I realise it's frustrating for those who are on pre-mod.  Hopefully Bernard (that still seems odd when we have 'our' Bernie in bnabernard, but I'm sure we'll get used to it), will prove himself to be a trusted poster and won't be on pre-mod for too long.  
Ketty

Bernard wrote:

It is somewhat off putting like being in the naughty corner just in case you are naughty.


That's it, exactly!

But yes, I understand your frustration.  Hopefully it won't be for too long.

Bernard wrote:
I could be off gallivanting about town, you know, instead of posting.


Surely that's a more productive use of your time?  
Leonard James

Ketty wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
I'm old and thick, but I really don't see the need for gagging new posters.

Surely if they post anything disapproved of it can just be removed?


Ah, but Lennie, not everyone behaves themselves like you, nor are as wise as you, and if a Mod isn't around to moderate the naughtiness then they get away with it until the prefects arrive back.  It's worked well for now, but I realise it's frustrating for those who are on pre-mod.  Hopefully Bernard (that still seems odd when we have 'our' Bernie in bnabernard, but I'm sure we'll get used to it), will prove himself to be a trusted poster and won't be on pre-mod for too long.  


But even if they "get away with it" until corrected, what harm is done? They are hardly likely to reveal any state secrets!
Leonard James

Bernard wrote:
I could be off gallivanting about town, you know, instead of posting.  


If you are in a position to do just that, Bernard, you would be well advised to do so.

Posting here is just something to do when you can't think of anything better.
Ketty

Leonard James wrote:
But even if they "get away with it" until corrected, what harm is done? They are hardly likely to reveal any state secrets!


Take it up with Lexi.  

Personally I think pre-mod's a good idea - stops spammers in their tracks and it's a small price to pay, albeit a frustrating price to pay, for new posters.   Rarely are our newbies so chatty as Bernard, so it's never been a great issue.
Ketty

Leonard James wrote:
Posting here is just something to do when you can't think of anything better.



Ooooh!  Ouch!  
bnabernard

It's raining in eastbourne    

bernard (hug)
Ketty

bnabernard wrote:
It's raining in eastbourne    

bernard (hug)



Bernie!!    

Bernard: meet 'our' Bernie.  Our Bernie's one of my favourites, but don't tell him 'cos he may get big-headed.  
Mr Spock

Ketty wrote:
bnabernard wrote:
It's raining in eastbourne    

bernard (hug)



Bernie!!    

Bernard: meet 'our' Bernie.  Our Bernie's one of my favourites, but don't tell him 'cos he may get big-headed.  


'Tis rainin all over the shop
Leonard James

Ketty wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
But even if they "get away with it" until corrected, what harm is done? They are hardly likely to reveal any state secrets!


Take it up with Lexi.  

Personally I think pre-mod's a good idea - stops spammers in their tracks and it's a small price to pay, albeit a frustrating price to pay, for new posters.   Rarely are our newbies so chatty as Bernard, so it's never been a great issue.


Normally it wouldn't bother me, but since Bernard appears to have been a past forum friend I was intrigued, and frustrated by meeting the  gagging message in every post he made.

However, I confess I am warming to his style, but would still like to know who he was before.
Mr Spock

If you think it might be confusing me and this other chap being called Bernard I'd be quite happy to change my name to something else like Mr Spoke or whatever before it's too late.  
Leonard James

See what I mean?  
Shaker

Ketty wrote:
Rarely are our newbies so chatty as Bernard

*cough*bishboshwillywash*cough*
Mr Spock

Shaker wrote:
Ketty wrote:
Rarely are our newbies so chatty as Bernard

*cough*bishboshwillywash*cough*


Indeed
Powwow

Is he that Quartermaster dude? Didn't Shaker once post a lone chair in an empty room, saying that that was Bernard's new site. (smiley face)
Shaker

Eh?      
The Boyg

Sir Bernard Quatermass, nee Silver of this parish.
Shaker

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'd forgotten about him - been donkey's since I last heard his name.

I've yet to be convinced that our new Bernard is SBQ - so far the posting style seems too sane and rational and, well, normal.
Sebastian Toe

Shaker wrote:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'd forgotten about him - been donkey's since I last heard his name.

I've yet to be convinced that our new Bernard is SBQ - so far the posting style seems too sane and rational and, well, normal.


Ask him about the big-bang.
That'll flush him out!
Ketty

Bernard wrote:
If you think it might be confusing me and this other chap being called Bernard I'd be quite happy to change my name to something else like Mr Spoke or whatever before it's too late.  


With whatever you feel most comfortable.  I agree though, it would assist things a little - just in case.

Mr Spock

Ketty wrote:
Bernard wrote:
If you think it might be confusing me and this other chap being called Bernard I'd be quite happy to change my name to something else like Mr Spoke or whatever before it's too late.  


With whatever you feel most comfortable.  I agree though, it would assist things a little - just in case.



Okay I is now Mr. Spoke

I hope that helps.
Ketty



bnabernard

Does that mean something has been removed from the works or put in the works?

bernard (hug)
Lexilogio

Leonard James wrote:
I'm old and thick, but I really don't see the need for gagging new posters.

Surely if they post anything disapproved of it can just be removed?


We had some who were joining and then being remarkably offensive.

The length of time depends on the poster - with some its clear fairly quickly that they are reasonable people.
Leonard James

Lexilogio wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
I'm old and thick, but I really don't see the need for gagging new posters.

Surely if they post anything disapproved of it can just be removed?


We had some who were joining and then being remarkably offensive.

The length of time depends on the poster - with some its clear fairly quickly that they are reasonable people.


OK Lexi, thank you.
Ketty

Mr Spock wrote:


Okay I is now Mr. Spoke

I hope that helps.


Aw Mr Spock, you were so chatty and now you've gone quiet, just like bbww our other 'newbie'.
Farmer Geddon

Mr Spock wrote:
I was am and the Man with no name....,..  


So was I??
Ketty

Farmer Geddon wrote:
Mr Spock wrote:
I was am and the Man with no name....,..  


So was I??



       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Just joined? Come in and say hi
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum