Archive for nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 



       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Christian chat
LeClerc

If

Atheist chat on this forum is Non-belief central, does that mean Christian chat is belief central ?

Hebrews 11 NIV
6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

Regards

LeClerc
Ketty

Re: If

LeClerc wrote:
Atheist chat on this forum is Non-belief central, does that mean Christian chat is belief central ?


It would be good if it were - but it's not specifically so.
LeClerc

Re: If

Hi Ketty

Ketty wrote:
LeClerc wrote:
Atheist chat on this forum is Non-belief central, does that mean Christian chat is belief central ?


It would be good if it were - but it's not specifically so.


Thanks for your reply Ketty. I, like you, think it would be good if it were also.

Regards

LeClerc
Sebastian Toe

Re: If

LeClerc wrote:
Atheist chat on this forum is Non-belief central, does that mean Christian chat is belief central ?



It's certainly Christian belief central!

(except for any Mormon bits of course!)
Shaker

Re: If

LeClerc wrote:
Atheist chat on this forum is Non-belief central, does that mean Christian chat is belief central ?

Hebrews 11 NIV
6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

Regards

LeClerc

Why wouldn't it be? Christianity is a belief; it's the one with the greatest numerical representation on the forum; and there's a Christian Chat the Second as well. So the answer to your question would seem to be 'yes'.
LeClerc

Re: If

Hi Shaker

Shaker wrote:
LeClerc wrote:
Atheist chat on this forum is Non-belief central, does that mean Christian chat is belief central ?

Hebrews 11 NIV
6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

Regards

LeClerc

Why wouldn't it be? Christianity is a belief; it's the one with the greatest numerical representation on the forum; and there's a Christian Chat the Second as well. So the answer to your question would seem to be 'yes'.


If what you say is true then surely all those posting in Christian chat must have a belief, even if they deny such a belief ?

Regards

LeClerc
Shaker

Re: If

LeClerc wrote:
If what you say is true then surely all those posting in Christian chat must have a belief, even if they deny such a belief ?

Regards

LeClerc

What counts as a belief - a religious belief? In which case, not only no but what a remarkably silly thing to say. You can post on any belief-related forum you wish without sharing that belief, because you wish to discuss and debate it with those who do. We have a sub-forum called 'Other religions' where, over the years, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, paganism and even Scientology and Satanism to name but a few beliefs have been discussed by people who are none of those things. Deary me  
LeClerc

Re: If

Hi Shaker

Shaker wrote:
LeClerc wrote:
If what you say is true then surely all those posting in Christian chat must have a belief, even if they deny such a belief ?

Regards

LeClerc

No. Not only no but what a remarkably silly thing to say. You can post on any belief-related forum you wish without sharing that belief, because you wish to discuss and debate it with those who do. Deary me  


So I don't make the silly mistake again, can you please explain what is meant by ''Non-belief central''

Regards

LeClerc
Shaker

Re: If

LeClerc wrote:
So I don't make the silly mistake again

Unlikely, but there we go.
Quote:
can you please explain what is meant by ''Non-belief central''

It's a descriptive nickname for a sub-forum where threads are predominantly about atheism/scepticism-related themes, I suppose.
LeClerc

Re: If

Hi Shaker

Shaker wrote:
LeClerc wrote:
So I don't make the silly mistake again

Unlikely, but there we go.
Quote:
can you please explain what is meant by ''Non-belief central''

It's a descriptive nickname for a sub-forum where threads are predominantly about atheism/scepticism-related themes, I suppose.


Would you suppose that the Christian Chat sub-forum is where threads are predominantly about The Christ (Messiah) and His teachings ?

Regards

LeClerc
Shaker

Re: If

LeClerc wrote:
Would you suppose that the Christian Chat sub-forum is where threads are predominantly about The Christ (Messiah) and His teachings ?

Yes I would. Which it is.
LeClerc

Re: If

Hi Shaker

Shaker wrote:
LeClerc wrote:
Would you suppose that the Christian Chat sub-forum is where threads are predominantly about The Christ (Messiah) and His teachings ?

Yes I would. Which it is.


Do you believe there is a historical Christ (Messiah) whose name is Y'shua (Jesus) ?

Regards

LeClerc
Shaker

Re: If

LeClerc wrote:
Do you believe there is a historical Christ (Messiah) whose name is Y'shua (Jesus) ?

(1) An historical individual named (more or less) Yeshua, translated into English as Jesus, is not the same thing as this Messiah you keep talking about.

(2) Is? No, of course not, because I'm not silly. Do I believe that there was? I have no firm position on the issue since the matter is an irrelevance and not something I engage with as it's of absolutely no meaning, import or relevance to anything at all either way.
LeClerc

Re: If

Hi Shaker

Shaker wrote:

(1) An historical individual named (more or less) Yeshua, translated into English as Jesus, is not the same thing as this Messiah you keep talking about.


Do you believe there is a historical individual named (more or less) Yeshua of Nazareth, also referred to as, Jesus of Nazareth ?

Regards

LeClerc
Shaker

Re: If

LeClerc wrote:
Do you believe there is a historical individual named (more or less) Yeshua of Nazareth, also referred to as, Jesus of Nazareth ?

As before:

Is? No, don't be ridiculous.

Was? Neither know nor care. Not even bothered to investigate the issue because it's not remotely important either way. If there was, there was, and if there wasn't, there wasn't, and in both cases it makes not one iota of a scintilla of a jot of difference to anything of importance here and now in real life.

There have been debates on the historicity of Jesus on this board (and others of which I've been a member) and there will be again: they're ones that for the most part I've always steered clear of, however, partly because in my opinion they're of an almost superhuman level of dullness, dryness and tedium once you've stated the bleeding obvious but partly because it's an irrelevant issue - even if the outcome could be decided once and for all either way it would be a colossal 'meh' in both cases.

       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Christian chat
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum