Archive for nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 



       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> All faiths and none
cyberman

Is it weird?

Quote:
"It's weird, isn't it, that we're taught about Thor and Odin and it's called Norse mythology, but when it's about God and Allah it's called religion." - Dag Sørås


Does Soras really thnk that is weird, do you suppose, or is he pretending not to understand in order to make a point?

What point do you think he is trying to make?
Powwow

You tell us. Did Dag go on to explain his remark?
cyberman

pow wow wrote:
You tell us. Did Dag go on to explain his remark?


I've no idea. This quote is all I have. (It appears at the bottom of Shaker's posts).
Honey 56

I would assume this gentleman is an Atheist, in which case he probably thinks he's being ironic or cleverly witty?

honey
cyberman

I guess so. But pretending not to know the difference between religion and mythology is a funny way to trying to appear cleverer than people who do. That that is what he is trying to do is no more than a guess on my part, though.

In fact people do speak of the religion of the vikings, and of Christian mythology.
Honey 56

After just googling this man, and having fits when I read his name back???      (you can take the girl out of the gutter, but........)

It appears that he is a stand-up comedian, with a name like that you would have to have a sense of humour I suppose!

honey
gone

Actually the chap makes a very good point. There is no more evidence for the gods of any of the world religions than for those of Norse mythology.
cyberman

Willow wrote:
Actually the chap makes a very good point. There is no more evidence for the gods of any of the world religions than for those of Norse mythology.


That is nothing whatsoever to do with the issues of whether to use the word "religion" or the word "mythology".
Shaker

cyberman wrote:
Willow wrote:
Actually the chap makes a very good point. There is no more evidence for the gods of any of the world religions than for those of Norse mythology.


That is nothing whatsoever to do with the issues of whether to use the word "religion" or the word "mythology".


Yes, it's entirely to do with that, actually. That was the whole import behind the quote.

But I don't think anybody is at all surprised that you didn't already get this, or even less surprised that you get this but are pretending not to for reasons best known to yourself.
Shaker

Honey 56 wrote:
After just googling this man, and having fits when I read his name back???      (you can take the girl out of the gutter, but........)

It appears that he is a stand-up comedian, with a name like that you would have to have a sense of humour I suppose!

honey


Mr. Sørås is Norwegian; given the diacritics foreign to English and therefore not generally familar to ignorant Anglophones, in his native tongue his surname is pronounced, approximately, as Sir Oars.

Which would be by the by save that it really goes to show nothing more than that some girls who are taken out of the gutter really should have been left there with the rest of the detritus normally found in such areas. Or at some kindergarten, possibly, where ignorantly mocking a foreign individual's name because of its entirely wrongly perceived similarity to certain English words is very likely par for the course as regards humour.
Ketty

I'm not getting it (the pronunciation of his name being amusing).  Perhaps best if I don't?  
Honey 56

Shaker wrote:
Honey 56 wrote:
After just googling this man, and having fits when I read his name back???      (you can take the girl out of the gutter, but........)

It appears that he is a stand-up comedian, with a name like that you would have to have a sense of humour I suppose!

honey


Mr. Sørås is Norwegian; given the diacritics foreign to English and therefore not generally familar to ignorant Anglophones, in his native tongue his surname is pronounced, approximately, as Sir Oars.

Which would be by the by save that it really goes to show nothing more than that some girls who are taken out of the gutter really should have been left there with the rest of the detritus normally found in such areas. Or at some kindergarten, possibly, where ignorantly mocking a foreign individual's name because of its entirely wrongly perceived similarity to certain English words is very likely par for the course as regards humour.


At  least some of us have managed to climb out of the gutter and are not revelling in filth like this comedian and the sycophants who think his brand of comedy is remotely funny at all.
I suppose it is safe to assume that you are a fan ?
Ketty

Honey 56 wrote:

At  least some of us have managed to climb out of the gutter and are not revelling in filth like this comedian and the sycophants who think his brand of comedy is remotely funny at all.
I suppose it is safe to assume that you are a fan ?


Ooooh ouch!

Never heard of him, don't know who he is or what he's about, and after reading some of the posts on here, I'm happy to leave it that way.
Leonard James

What a lot of fuss about some guy who has the sense to see (and say) that all 'gods' are human inventions!  
The Boyg

Shaker wrote:
Which would be by the by save that it really goes to show nothing more than that some girls who are taken out of the gutter really should have been left there with the rest of the detritus normally found in such areas. Or at some kindergarten, possibly, where ignorantly mocking a foreign individual's name because of its entirely wrongly perceived similarity to certain English words is very likely par for the course as regards humour.


Honey 56

Ketty wrote:
I'm not getting it (the pronunciation of his name being amusing).  Perhaps best if I don't?  


Awwww! Bless you Ketty, don't worry about it, you just stay as sweet as you are.

Honey
Honey 56

For anyone who is easily upset or shocked, or even if it takes a great deal, you may want to think carefully before watching the following links......


http://www.chortle.co.uk/comics/d/33574/dag_soras

http://youtu.be/zzFLRdSe3A0
This is Mr. Soras at his finest!    on overcoming depression
What a sad, pathetic excuse for humanity.

Honey
Powwow

I'll take your word for it Honey 56, I trust your judgement.
Honey 56

pow wow wrote:
I'll take your word for it Honey 56, I trust your judgement.


Thanks Pow Wow.

Honey  
Ketty

Honey, I really, really wish I'd not followed your link.  

Next time I will listen to myself:  

Ketty wrote:
Never heard of him, don't know who he is or what he's about, and after reading some of the posts on here, I'm happy to leave it that way.
Honey 56

Ketty wrote:
Honey, I really, really wish I'd not followed your link.  

Next time I will listen to myself:  

Ketty wrote:
Never heard of him, don't know who he is or what he's about, and after reading some of the posts on here, I'm happy to leave it that way.


Ketty, you were warned that it could cause upset or offence.
He is a horrible man, why anyone would give him any credence at all is beyond me!
But can I just remind you that it was shaker that brought it to Cyberman's attention by that signature of his.

People couldnot understand what all the fuss was about, well now they know!

Honey
trentvoyager

hmmm.....he's not very funny is he ?

I mean I don't mind what subject you tackle, or indeed how many references to rock hard cocks you throw in -  but if it's intrinsically not funny whats the point ?
Powwow

Real talent is when you can get laughs without going dirty.
Shaker

Honey 56 wrote:
At  least some of us have managed to climb out of the gutter

Unfortunately, in some cases.
Quote:
I suppose it is safe to assume that you are a fan ?

Nope. Never even heard of him until two days ago. I've still never seen anything of him other than the links that another poster here has provided (a classic example of what has become known as the Streisand effect). While I'm not a fan, since as trent has already observed what (very) little I've seen of him is not especially funny, he does seem to upset, annoy, irritate and offend all the right people and that's a big plus point for anybody in my book.
Powwow

Shaker you're a hoot. Like we have the time of day for somebody like Mr. Sore Ass.
Shaker

pow wow wrote:
Shaker you're a hoot. Like we have the time of day for somebody like Mr. Sore Ass.

Oh look, the thread's turning into Spot the Ignorant Pleb Who Can't Pronounce A Simple Foreign Name Even When Its Pronunciation Has Already Been Explained.
Powwow

Oh dear, I do seen to upset, annoy, irritate and offend ALL the right people and that's a  big plus point for anybody in my book. LOL

Shootin fish in a barrel
Honey 56

pow wow wrote:
Oh dear, I do seen to upset, annoy, irritate and offend ALL the right people and that's a  big plus point for anybody in my book. LOL

Shootin fish in a barrel


"Pleb" ? who says that nowadays?    oh yeah, stuck up Tory MP's with no integrity

It makes me proud to be working class!

You should google it Pow Wow, see why this country is in the state it's in, any room over the pond for 'hard working british families' ?

Still it could be worse, we could be sharing a country with Mr. Dag Soras (I still want to giggle) although obviously nice girls should behave better than that apparently!  

BTW I googled for the correct pronounciation of his name, nothing, makes you wonder how some people have worked it out? not being a fan of his and all!

Honey
Shaker

Honey 56 wrote:
"Pleb" ? who says that nowadays?

People who come into contact with ignorant thick-as-pigshit fucking plebs, that's who.

Quote:
BTW I googled for the correct pronounciation of his name, nothing, makes you wonder how some people have worked it out?

It's called an education.
Farmer Geddon

Honey 56 wrote:
For anyone who is easily upset or shocked, or even if it takes a great deal, you may want to think carefully before watching the following links......


http://www.chortle.co.uk/comics/d/33574/dag_soras

http://youtu.be/zzFLRdSe3A0
This is Mr. Soras at his finest!    on overcoming depression
What a sad, pathetic excuse for humanity.

Honey


I see...  

So you will force yourself to read/watch something that you might be offended by, in a language you don't understand, but will refuse to watch something in a language that makes perfect sense to you..

Question: Were you told to be offended by it?
Honey 56

Farmer Geddon wrote:
Honey 56 wrote:
For anyone who is easily upset or shocked, or even if it takes a great deal, you may want to think carefully before watching the following links......


http://www.chortle.co.uk/comics/d/33574/dag_soras

http://youtu.be/zzFLRdSe3A0
This is Mr. Soras at his finest!    on overcoming depression
What a sad, pathetic excuse for humanity.

Honey


I see...  

So you will force yourself to read/watch something that you might be offended by, in a language you don't understand, but will refuse to watch something in a language that makes perfect sense to you..

Question: Were you told to be offended by it?


Hello farmer,
I am sorry but I am not quite following your point?
If you mean did I watch the link to Mr Dag Soras, just for a few seconds, but I saw quite enough thank you, the 'gentleman' was speaking English, which is my native language and I do just about understand it!  
The website that promotes him was advertising him at the fringe festival, he is perfectly able to speak our language, some (me) would say mores the pity!
If you are also referring to 'life of Brian' and 'Jerry Springer', the publicity regarding both of these told me enough., ie I would be upset and offended by them, and so very sensibly I declined to watch them.

Hope that clears things up for you  

BTW, I would never make a judgement about anything without doing some ground work, despite what you have been told about Christians we don't believe things without good reason.
And no I don't wish this 'gentleman' any ill will, my overiding feeling towards him would be one of great pity.

Honey
Farmer Geddon

Hello..  Why use "Hello" BBC Mod..?

Ah makes sense now...  Typo!!

You twats..

Back to normal Lynne...
Shaker

Quote:
despite what you have been told about Christians we don't believe things without good reason

Now that's funnier than anything Dag Sørås has (yet) come up with.
Honey 56

Farmer Geddon wrote:
Hello..  Why use "Hello" BBC Mod..?

Ah makes sense now...  Typo!!

You twats..

Back to normal Lynne...


Should there be a 'hic' on the end of that Farmer?
You'll be good and sorry tomorrow!
And please don't call me Lynne again!!!!! she is quite an obsession with you isn't she?
Powwow

Oh Shaker,
That name isn't foreign to me at all. On my adopted mom's side they're all Danes, some Norwegians and several Swedes. There's some funny ones like that in my family. Not Sore Ass but funny nonetheless. LOL
Shaker

pow wow wrote:
Oh Shaker,
That name isn't foreign to me at all. On my adopted mom's side they're all Danes, some Norwegians and several Swedes. There's some funny ones like that in my family. Not Sore Ass but funny nonetheless. LOL

Oh riiiiiight. So you were only pretending to be an ignorant tosser for comic relief. Makes perfect sense.
Ketty

I've 'got' the sound of his name now.    

Tbh Shaker he's so rude himself, I'm sure he can take it on the chin when people take the 'P' out of his name.  If we give it out then we must accept that some will return.
Farmer Geddon

Honey 56 wrote:
Farmer Geddon wrote:
Hello..  Why use "Hello" BBC Mod..?

Ah makes sense now...  Typo!!

You twats..

Back to normal Lynne...


Should there be a 'hic' on the end of that Farmer?
You'll be good and sorry tomorrow!
And please don't call me Lynne again!!!!! she is quite an obsession with you isn't she?


LOL..

No Hic of any form needed..

But LOL at your wank-up; which just means I have doff my cap at you, for taking the piss for so long..

Night Night..
Honey 56

Farmer Geddon wrote:
Honey 56 wrote:
Farmer Geddon wrote:
Hello..  Why use "Hello" BBC Mod..?

Ah makes sense now...  Typo!!

You twats..

Back to normal Lynne...


Should there be a 'hic' on the end of that Farmer?
You'll be good and sorry tomorrow!
And please don't call me Lynne again!!!!! she is quite an obsession with you isn't she?


LOL..

No Hic of any form needed..

But LOL at your wank-up; which just means I have doff my cap at you, for taking the piss for so long..

Night Night..


I am sorry if you think I have been taking the 'p' if I have something to say Farmer I will say it, no hidden agendas of any kind.
But I will respond with night night, sleep tight and watch the ........
never mind!  


Honey
Powwow

Relax Shaker your Sore Ass is a comic, at least he's getting a laugh from us.
Oh I'm serious about mom's family. My Uncle Hans taught me to say chicken shit, in Danish, when I was a little kid. Mom was furious with him.lol
Honey 56

Farmer Geddon wrote:
Hello..  Why use "Hello" BBC Mod..?

Ah makes sense now...  Typo!!

You twats..

Back to normal Lynne...


I have just noticed that JamesJah uses "Hallo" in his posts too, do you suppose he is Lynne or BBC Mod....?
Their theology has more in common too!

Both Lynne/Sass and James Jah don't believe in the Godhead (Trinity) that is a dead give away, if you ask me!

I am just joking by the way, do you see now how mistaken you are?


Honey
Shaker

Ketty wrote:
I've 'got' the sound of his name now.    

Tbh Shaker he's so rude himself, I'm sure he can take it on the chin when people take the 'P' out of his name.  If we give it out then we must accept that some will return.

Oh, I'm sure he can take it, and he doesn't need me to defend him - it's more to do with the fact that the man's name, being foreign and using his language's special characters, doesn't sound anything like it might (slightly) look in English, so to continually call him Sore Ass is not only juvenile, it's just plain wrong. It's a sort-of, perhaps-maybe, a-bit-like what's known in linguistics as a false friend, like the word gift in German.
gone

Honey 56 wrote:
Farmer Geddon wrote:
Hello..  Why use "Hello" BBC Mod..?

Ah makes sense now...  Typo!!

You twats..

Back to normal Lynne...


I have just noticed that JamesJah uses "Hallo" in his posts too, do you suppose he is Lynne or BBC Mod....?
Their theology has more in common too!

Both Lynne/Sass and James Jah don't believe in the Godhead (Trinity) that is a dead give away, if you ask me!

I am just joking by the way, do you see now how mistaken you are?


Honey



I think BBC Mod and Lynne are one and the same. It hadn't occurred to me that JJ could be one of her many sock puppets too. However she did say once, if I remember rightly, that her mother had been a JW.
Honey 56

Willow wrote:
Honey 56 wrote:
Farmer Geddon wrote:
Hello..  Why use "Hello" BBC Mod..?

Ah makes sense now...  Typo!!

You twats..

Back to normal Lynne...


I have just noticed that JamesJah uses "Hallo" in his posts too, do you suppose he is Lynne or BBC Mod....?
Their theology has more in common too!

Both Lynne/Sass and James Jah don't believe in the Godhead (Trinity) that is a dead give away, if you ask me!

I am just joking by the way, do you see now how mistaken you are?


Honey



I think BBC Mod and Lynne are one and the same. It hadn't occurred to me that JJ could be one of her many sock puppets too. However she did say once, if I remember rightly, that her mother had been a JW.


I don't honestly think for one mimute that JJ is  a sockpuppet  for Lynne.
But Farmer has had this bee in his bonnet (if you'll excuse the pun) that I am, now, despite several other posters on here assuring him that they know me well and that I am not, he still persists in believing it, for some reason.
I was just pointing out to Farmer how daft it is to think someone is a Lynne sock puppet just because they say 'hello' at the beginning of their post!

Perhaps he will be reassured by you Willow, do you believe that I am Lynne or related to her in any way.
Do you spot the difference between our basic beliefs?

Honey
gone

Honey of course you are Lynne!    

It never crossed my mind for one second that you and she are one and the same. I might not agree with your take on religion, but at least your posts make sense unlike those of Lynne and her sock puppets!
Powwow

Honey 56,
Luci doesn't really think you are. He just likes being a big goober.
Honey 56

Hi Willow and Pow Wow,

Thanks both.
This may sound daft, but I really don't mind being taken for Lynne, but I really don't like people thinking I would be dishonest enough to do something like that!

I need to get a thicker skin is all!

Honey

       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> All faiths and none
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum