Archive for nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 



       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Announcements
Farmer Geddon

Is Ketty the SASS?

Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
See you in a week DP
This ban is set to expire October 19, 2013, 12:31:27 PM.



Why?

As soon as I take the piss out of Lynne.. I get banned.. WHY?

Lynne...
The Boyg

It's clearly asking too much to expect any sort of logic or consistency from the current group of mods over there, in spite of the imposition of their new 'rules'*.




*As I've said elsewhere 'rules' are not actually rules when they are not applied consistently. They are just excuses that those in power can use to justify taking action against people that they don't like.
Farmer Geddon

No. I'm asking Ketty, seeing as she is a mod over there.. why as soon as I take the piss out of the Sass - I'm instantly moderated and within the hour banned from the forum?

What gives?  Are you or Gordan the Sass?
The Boyg

They haven't even adhered to their new rules themselves. Rule 4d states that "Where a moderator decides to remove content they will be required to state which rule(s) the content has contravened" but neither Gordon nor Keturah have done this in your posts which they moderated today.
Farmer Geddon

Yeah but the thing that interests me is...

AS soon as I dis the SAss.. Sas..  sASS - I get a ban..   why is that Lynne?

Make me a Mod and I will answer my own question..
Farmer Geddon

I doubt I will be made A Mod here..

Too inquisitive..
Farmer Geddon

Gordon".  what do you say?
Farmer Geddon

I love how the Ket/Sass is allowed to EDIT.. the conversation...

The rest of you are idiots..
Farmer Geddon

Really..






















































I'm chatting to whjom????
IvyOwl

Who are you calling an idiot? You eejit! (That's an allowable word on facebook scrabble btw just got 41 for it)

Of all the people I've suspected Sass of being .... Ketty isn't one of them. But the thing is on mbs  where very few of us know any of the others in RL, and even with the cross referencing with other online groups where the characters seem consistent and even provide photos, without knowing them really you can't swear 100% they are who they say they are.

I still don't think our Ketty is the Sass and I still think you are a knowledgable bloke with a fine tuned sense of humour.
IvyOwl

Who are you calling an idiot? You eejit! (That's an allowable word on facebook scrabble btw just got 41 for it)

Of all the people I've suspected Sass of being .... Ketty isn't one of them. But the thing is on mbs  where very few of us know any of the others in RL, and even with the cross referencing with other online groups where the characters seem consistent and even provide photos, without knowing them really you can't swear 100% they are who they say they are.

I still don't think our Ketty is the Sass and I still think you are a knowledgable bloke with a fine tuned sense of humour.
Leonard James

I, too, am convinced that they are two different people. Ketty seems much more able to converse lucidly than Sass does.
trentvoyager

Leonard James wrote:
I, too, am convinced that they are two different people. Ketty seems much more able to converse lucidly than Sass does.


Ain't that the truth. Or rather a truth.
Leonard James

trentvoyager wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
I, too, am convinced that they are two different people. Ketty seems much more able to converse lucidly than Sass does.


Ain't that the truth. Or rather a truth.


It is quite extraordinary how differently people can see the same "God".
Lexilogio

Shouldn't this be in the joke section?
Leonard James

Lexilogio wrote:
Shouldn't this be in the joke section?


I strongly doubt that Ketty regards it as a joke!  
Farmer Geddon

Not bothered.. all I want is for the Sass.. sorry Ketty to explain why I am banned from the other place.. No Warning, just the above note..

Ketty What the fuck? No excuse, just a straight ban, with no reason/excuse  for it...
Ketty

See the reply to your potty-mouthed PM.
Derek

Farmer Geddon wrote:
Not bothered.. all I want is for the Sass.. sorry Ketty to explain why I am banned from the other place.. No Warning, just the above note..

Ketty What the fuck? No excuse, just a straight ban, with no reason/excuse  for it...


I have often thought that Kerry and Floo are one and the same but not Sassy? I like Sassy. She is an eccentric Christian. You got banned because you are different, which, in my opinion, is a good thing, but you do not comply with the robots that they want on that site. Plus, you are not a member of the gang. It is easy to make an example of you as they would prefer to see the back of you. I like people like you. You add variety to a forum and a feeling of the unexpected. To be honest though, I don't know why you would expect to be treated fairly by those people, especially those two.
Farmer Geddon

Nah.. PM's are for those who have something to hide..

Just tell me to my face....
Farmer Geddon

Oh and just for the record...

Why did you remove your posts to make it look like I was talking to myself?
Farmer Geddon

IvyOwl wrote:
Who are you calling an idiot? You eejit! (That's an allowable word on facebook scrabble btw just got 41 for it)

Of all the people I've suspected Sass of being .... Ketty isn't one of them. But the thing is on mbs  where very few of us know any of the others in RL, and even with the cross referencing with other online groups where the characters seem consistent and even provide photos, without knowing them really you can't swear 100% they are who they say they are.

I still don't think our Ketty is the Sass and I still think you are a knowledgable bloke with a fine tuned sense of humour.


what.. where.. how??
Farmer Geddon

And for the record I'm am asking a Mod to justify a mod decision in a public forum...

Why did you ban me for no reason?
Farmer Geddon

Do you have a different hat on here, compared to there??
Farmer Geddon

Who made you a "Mod" in the first place?

Did we have a say?

Because I would have voted no... for obvious reasons...
IvyOwl

Who's who? That's what!

I can't believe you are seriously suggesting that Sass and Kett are the same. So what's the mischievious grin all about this time?

Have the board members been giving a reason for you banishment yet? Not being a member I can't see all the threads.
Derek

Farmer Geddon wrote:
Who made you a "Mod" in the first place?

Did we have a say?

Because I would have voted no... for obvious reasons...


I do not know about here but over on the other one it was a moderators decision, or, in other words, Gordon's decision. If it were a member's choice then Leonard James would be a mod on there right now, but he is fair, so they choose Kerry instead.
Farmer Geddon

Ralph2 wrote:
Farmer Geddon wrote:
Who made you a "Mod" in the first place?

Did we have a say?

Because I would have voted no... for obvious reasons...


I do not know about here but over on the other one it was a moderators decision, or, in other words, Gordon's decision. If it were a member's choice then Leonard James would be a mod on there right now, but he is fair, so they choose Kerry instead.



WOW..

Lynne .. all I can say is wow ..  Ketty... why are you deleting your posts??
Derek

IvyOwl wrote:
Who's who? That's what!

I can't believe you are seriously suggesting that Sass and Kett are the same. So what's the mischievious grin all about this time?

Have the board members been giving a reason for you banishment yet? Not being a member I can't see all the threads.


I think that the offending material was in the thread "Is it just me" but if it were then there is no build up to it and you cannot see what was said as it just has moderator warning on it. Certainly nothing that warrants a ban, however, we do not have the background information that they do.      
Farmer Geddon

Ralph2 wrote:
Farmer Geddon wrote:
Who made you a "Mod" in the first place?

Did we have a say?

Because I would have voted no... for obvious reasons...


I do not know about here but over on the other one it was a moderators decision, or, in other words, Gordon's decision. If it were a member's choice then Leonard James would be a mod on there right now, but he is fair, so they choose Kerry instead.



WOW..

Lynne .. all I can say is wow ..  Ketty... why are you deleting your posts??
Derek

IvyOwl wrote:
Who's who? That's what!

I can't believe you are seriously suggesting that Sass and Kett are the same. So what's the mischievious grin all about this time?

Have the board members been giving a reason for you banishment yet? Not being a member I can't see all the threads.


I think that the offending material was in the thread "Is it just me" but if it were then there is no build up to it and you cannot see what was said as it just has moderator text removed on it. Certainly nothing that warrants a ban, however, we do not have the background information that they do.      
Farmer Geddon

fuck me you are more intelligent than I give you credit for..
Farmer Geddon

Farmer Geddon wrote:
fuck me you are more intelligent than I give you credit for..
Farmer Geddon

Farmer Geddon wrote:
Farmer Geddon wrote:
fuck me you are more intelligent than I give you credit for..


Lynne/Ketty stop deleting my posts .. it makes you look like an idiot...
Farmer Geddon

Farmer Geddon wrote:
Farmer Geddon wrote:
fuck me you are more intelligent than I give you credit for..


Lynne/Ketty stop deleting my posts .. it makes you look like an idiot...
Farmer Geddon

Farmer Geddon wrote:
Farmer Geddon wrote:
fuck me you are more intelligent than I give you credit for..


Lynne/Ketty stop deleting my posts .. it makes you look like an idiot...
The Boyg

Ralph2 wrote:
IvyOwl wrote:
Who's who? That's what!

I can't believe you are seriously suggesting that Sass and Kett are the same. So what's the mischievious grin all about this time?

Have the board members been giving a reason for you banishment yet? Not being a member I can't see all the threads.


I think that the offending material was in the thread "Is it just me" but if it were then there is no build up to it and you cannot see what was said as it just has moderator text removed on it. Certainly nothing that warrants a ban, however, we do not have the background information that they do.      


The R&E mods have shown that they aren't interested in following the rules that they imposed on that board*, so why should anyone else feel bound to follow them?


*In this case we have moderators (Gordon and Keturah) removing content without citing the rule that was broken, contrary to rule 4d, earlier in the week Gordon locked two threads in the Forum Rules section (one by Don't Panic! the other by Cymrudynnion) without giving a reason contrary to rule 4e and Don't Panic! gets suspended for his comments to Sassy but earlier in the week two moderators (Keturah and Rhiannon) decided that it was "fair comment" when a popular poster said "fuck you" to another member (Rhiannon even lied about the circumstances in order to justify allowing this comment to remain).
Ketty

Farmer Geddon wrote:
Nah.. PM's are for those who have something to hide..

Just tell me to my face....


So, your PMs aren't your face?    You were the one who initiated PMs by sending me one of your usual potty mouthed missives.  I have replied to it, and you can stamp your feet all you like but that is the only answer you will receive, ie, despite your spitting and yowling and paranoia, you alone are the author of your own circumstances.
Derek

The Boyg wrote:
Ralph2 wrote:
IvyOwl wrote:
Who's who? That's what!

I can't believe you are seriously suggesting that Sass and Kett are the same. So what's the mischievious grin all about this time?

Have the board members been giving a reason for you banishment yet? Not being a member I can't see all the threads.


I think that the offending material was in the thread "Is it just me" but if it were then there is no build up to it and you cannot see what was said as it just has moderator text removed on it. Certainly nothing that warrants a ban, however, we do not have the background information that they do.      


The R&E mods have shown that they aren't interested in following the rules that they imposed on that board*, so why should anyone else feel bound to follow them?


*In this case we have moderators (Gordon and Keturah) removing content without citing the rule that was broken, contrary to rule 4d, earlier in the week Gordon locked two threads in the Forum Rules section (one by Don't Panic! the other by Cymrudynnion) without giving a reason contrary to rule 4e and Don't Panic! gets suspended for his comments to Sassy but earlier in the week two moderators (Keturah and Rhiannon) decided that it was "fair comment" when a popular poster said "fuck you" to another member (Rhiannon even lied about the circumstances in order to justify allowing this comment to remain).


I totally agree with you. I don't understand it, but I agree. Why is Gordon and Ketty acting so badly by not keeping the rules that they made? Why do they openly treat favoured posters better than people like DON'T PANIC? Why do favoured posters exist on there? How are they able to get away with it? Are they genuinely deluded into thinking that they are doing no wrong? In the post above Ketty taunts FG with a "like it or lump it" attitude and response. Is that acceptable on here? Is it wrong for him to ask for an explanation for his banning? Even if they think that he knows already, would it harm them to give him an explanation? We can all see it happening but why is it happening?
The Boyg

Ralph2 wrote:
In the post above Ketty taunts FG with a "like it or lump it" attitude and response. Is that acceptable on here? Is it wrong for him to ask for an explanation for his banning? Even if they think that he knows already, would it harm them to give him an explanation? We can all see it happening but why is it happening?


In this case, although Ketty is both a mod here and on R&E, FG's question relates to the actions of the R&E mods. As such it's probably more appropriate that any conversation about it conducted through the medium of this board takes place in private (as it doesn't relate directly to this board). There's no reason, that I can see, why FG shouldn't be allowed to raise this topic in public on R&E when his suspension is over though.
Derek

The Boyg wrote:
Ralph2 wrote:
In the post above Ketty taunts FG with a "like it or lump it" attitude and response. Is that acceptable on here? Is it wrong for him to ask for an explanation for his banning? Even if they think that he knows already, would it harm them to give him an explanation? We can all see it happening but why is it happening?


In this case, although Ketty is both a mod here and on R&E, FG's question relates to the actions of the R&E mods. As such it's probably more appropriate that any conversation about it conducted through the medium of this board takes place in private (as it doesn't relate directly to this board). There's no reason, that I can see, why FG shouldn't be allowed to raise this topic in public on R&E when his suspension is over though.


Yes, that is true. I suppose that what happens over there should stay over there. As a permanently banned member, I suppose that I have no real voice on it as I am not a active member there. I am just confused as to why people like Gordon and Ketty need to act like this. What can one get out of being so obnoxious. It is nothing physical is it? it is not financial either so do they actually believe that the behaviour they have demonstrated here, with DON'T PANIC, and indeed yourself, is acceptable? Is it acceptable and my opinion unacceptable?
The Boyg

Ralph2 wrote:
I am just confused as to why people like Gordon and Ketty need to act like this. What can one get out of being so obnoxious. It is nothing physical is it?


Speaking in general, and not about any specific individual, I think it's usually some sort of power trip. Often motivated by spite or some sort of personal animosity.

Those who go over the top when given a little bit of authority, and in particular who get very upset when the way in which that authority is exercised is questioned, are often quite inadequate individuals in real life.
Derek

The Boyg wrote:
Ralph2 wrote:
I am just confused as to why people like Gordon and Ketty need to act like this. What can one get out of being so obnoxious. It is nothing physical is it?


Speaking in general, and not about any specific individual, I think it's usually some sort of power trip. Often motivated by spite or some sort of personal animosity.

Those who go over the top when given a little bit of authority, and in particular who get very upset when the way in which that authority is exercised is questioned, are often quite inadequate individuals in real life.



Yes, that does fit but it is quite sad isn't it. Tell me, that being the case, are we, or me, just a little bit harsh on them sometimes. shouldn't we be more understanding to their inadequacies. They do make it difficult for posters on here, but so do I on occasion, so maybe they are more to be pitied the scorned.
The Boyg

Ralph2 wrote:
They do make it difficult for posters on here, but so do I on occasion, so maybe they are more to be pitied the scorned.


I think the major difference is that you are on a level playing field to other posters. They are not and can abuse the additional powers that they have in pursuit of personal 'victories' over those that they fall out with.
trentvoyager

Quote:
They do make it difficult for posters on here,


Who has made what difficult for you on here?

Please remember that the mods are posters as well - and are allowed to post as individuals.

If, I or anyone else has posted as a moderator and made it difficult for you - please take it up with Lexi - instead of posting vague insinuations.
Lexilogio

All message boards have some moderators, who, by the nature of being moderators, have certain powers.

I don't think its appropriate to use a thread here to complain about moderation on another site.
Derek

trentvoyager wrote:
Quote:
They do make it difficult for posters on here,


Who has made what difficult for you on here?

Please remember that the mods are posters as well - and are allowed to post as individuals.

If, I or anyone else has posted as a moderator and made it difficult for you - please take it up with Lexi - instead of posting vague insinuations.



Let have a look at the full post


Quote:
Yes, that does fit but it is quite sad isn't it. Tell me, that being the case, are we, or me, just a little bit harsh on them sometimes. shouldn't we be more understanding to their inadequacies. They do make it difficult for posters on here, but so do I on occasion, so maybe they are more to be pitied the scorned.



If anything I was being understanding of the position, but making insinuations, I was not. I made it very clear I did not insinuate. If I had a problem with moderation I would PM Lexi with my complaint, rather than moan about it to another poster. It would not be the first time, but I do not have a problem. What I said was that they can make it difficult, and I will stick by what I have said. Since I came back I will categorically state that you and Ketty made it difficult for me, especially when I was on premod. It takes little searching to show you and Ketty being awkward, purposely, to annoy me. If you cannot see that then what the heck, I am not going to argue about it. Since I have come off premod both you and Ketty have stopped being so awkward in moderation but have swapped it to being difficult as posters. I tell it as it is and that is how I see it.


Besides, I was actually having a serious conversation with the Boyg about why people act so badly when given a little authority, as they suppose. There was nothing in my questions, or his response, that was malicious or antagonistic. If that is what you have taken from it then you are wrong, or you are being paranoid. I think you are a good moderator but as a poster you are very awkward and argumentative, towards me in particular. I think that Ketty is, without doubt, the worst moderator that I have ever witnessed and the worst Christian and poster as well. That is my personal opinion, based on my knowledge and experience of her. I think that the sun shines out of Lexi's rear end because she is a Christian by every definition of the word. I try to tell the truth. I hope that my opinions will change as a result of people becoming more amicable, but, as yet, there seems little likelihood of that happening.
Derek

Lexilogio wrote:
All message boards have some moderators, who, by the nature of being moderators, have certain powers.

I don't think its appropriate to use a thread here to complain about moderation on another site.



Yes, you are right, which is why I said, "Yes, that is true. I suppose that what happens over there should stay over there."
trentvoyager

Quote:
Since I came back I will categorically state that you and Ketty made it difficult for me, especially when I was on premod.


You really are you're own worst enemy.

The mod who released your posts most of the time was me - and I tried to do it as soon as I could so that the flow of your posting wasn't too disjointed.

But have the story as you will.

Quote:
as a poster you are very awkward and argumentative, towards me in particular


And right back at you. I deal with your awkwardness and argumentativeness - I guess you'll just have to deal with mine.

And I repeat as a moderator in what way have I or anyone else made it difficult for you?
Ketty

Ralph2 wrote:

If anything I was being understanding of the position, but making insinuations, I was not. I made it very clear I did not insinuate. If I had a problem with moderation I would PM Lexi with my complaint, rather than moan about it to another poster. It would not be the first time, but I do not have a problem. What I said was that they can make it difficult, and I will stick by what I have said. Since I came back I will categorically state that you and Ketty made it difficult for me, especially when I was on premod. It takes little searching to show you and Ketty being awkward, purposely, to annoy me. If you cannot see that then what the heck, I am not going to argue about it. Since I have come off premod both you and Ketty have stopped being so awkward in moderation but have swapped it to being difficult as posters. I tell it as it is and that is how I see it.

Besides, I was actually having a serious conversation with the Boyg about why people act so badly when given a little authority, as they suppose. There was nothing in my questions, or his response, that was malicious or antagonistic. If that is what you have taken from it then you are wrong, or you are being paranoid. I think you are a good moderator but as a poster you are very awkward and argumentative, towards me in particular. I think that Ketty is, without doubt, the worst moderator that I have ever witnessed and the worst Christian and poster as well. That is my personal opinion, based on my knowledge and experience of her. I think that the sun shines out of Lexi's rear end because she is a Christian by every definition of the word. I try to tell the truth. I hope that my opinions will change as a result of people becoming more amicable, but, as yet, there seems little likelihood of that happening.


Tell you what "Ralph" if ever I'm the slightest bit concerned about what a self-confessed 'grifter', arch-deceiver, fantasist, manipulator, and habitual liar ever thinks of me, you'll be the first person I come to.  

 
Derek

trentvoyager wrote:
Quote:
Since I came back I will categorically state that you and Ketty made it difficult for me, especially when I was on premod.


You really are you're own worst enemy.

The mod who released your posts most of the time was me - and I tried to do it as soon as I could so that the flow of your posting wasn't too disjointed.

But have the story as you will.

Quote:
as a poster you are very awkward and argumentative, towards me in particular


And right back at you. I deal with your awkwardness and argumentativeness - I guess you'll just have to deal with mine.

And I repeat as a moderator in what way have I or anyone else made it difficult for you?



You are so touchy and sensitive aren't you? I was being polite. OK, I complained at the length of time taken for my post to appear and you said that you would not release it until all three of you had passed it. You said it to specifically annoy me.

This really has nothing to do with this forum anyway. I was talking to the Boyg about why Ketty and Gordon are acting so badly. I think I was referring to over there when I said "here" as we were talking about over there. If you read my post I have said that you are a good moderator many times on here. I am not complaining about you as a mod. I have no problems in admitting I can be awkward as a poster, especially if the subject matter is close to my heart, it is not just with you though, it is with anybody. You, however, do pick on my post, as you have done here. I think you do it because you believe that I am anti gay when nothing could be further from the truth. I am the most liberal minded Christian I know.
trentvoyager

Quote:
I am the most liberal minded Christian I know.


Really - even with your attitude to masturbation?

I think you and I are working to different definitions of "liberal-minded".
Derek

trentvoyager wrote:
Quote:
I am the most liberal minded Christian I know.


Really - even with your attitude to masturbation?

I think you and I are working to different definitions of "liberal-minded".


My attitude towards masturbation? What attitude is that? I gave you a Christian perspective to masturbation, or fornication. I told you that it is considered a sin, because it is. I also gave you evidence as to the problems that it can cause to those who are easily influenced based on known evidence. Finally, I said that as with anal sex it has nothing to do with me. I judge no man as I to am a sinner, and a hypocrite should I condemn the wankers in this world. I have no attitude about masturbation. I just put forward the opposite argument to yours. The devils advocate. It is called debate. I would never condemn a masterbater, a gay, lesbian, transvestite, thief, liar, cheat, deceiver, masochist, alcoholic, drug addict, tax evaded, shop lifter, arsonists, bank robber etc etc ..... Because I sin every day of my life.
trentvoyager

Quote:
I would never condemn a masterbater, a gay, lesbian, transvestite, thief, liar, cheat, deceiver, masochist, alcoholic, drug addict, tax evaded, shop lifter, arsonists, bank robber etc etc


And you make that list and don't understand why I see that you are indeed anti-gay.

That is said with sadness and pity - no anger Ralph.
Derek

trentvoyager wrote:
Quote:
I would never condemn a masterbater, a gay, lesbian, transvestite, thief, liar, cheat, deceiver, masochist, alcoholic, drug addict, tax evaded, shop lifter, arsonists, bank robber etc etc


And you make that list and don't understand why I see that you are indeed anti-gay.

That is said with sadness and pity - no anger Ralph.


I am sorry but I do not have the faintest idea what you are insinuating
trentvoyager

Ralph2 wrote:
trentvoyager wrote:
Quote:
I would never condemn a masterbater, a gay, lesbian, transvestite, thief, liar, cheat, deceiver, masochist, alcoholic, drug addict, tax evaded, shop lifter, arsonists, bank robber etc etc


And you make that list and don't understand why I see that you are indeed anti-gay.

That is said with sadness and pity - no anger Ralph.


I am sorry but I do not have the faintest idea what you are insinuating


Maybe you don't.
Derek

trentvoyager wrote:
Ralph2 wrote:
trentvoyager wrote:
Quote:
I would never condemn a masterbater, a gay, lesbian, transvestite, thief, liar, cheat, deceiver, masochist, alcoholic, drug addict, tax evaded, shop lifter, arsonists, bank robber etc etc


And you make that list and don't understand why I see that you are indeed anti-gay.

That is said with sadness and pity - no anger Ralph.


I am sorry but I do not have the faintest idea what you are insinuating


Maybe you don't.


I genuinely don't
trentvoyager

Ralph2 wrote:
trentvoyager wrote:
Ralph2 wrote:
trentvoyager wrote:
Quote:
I would never condemn a masterbater, a gay, lesbian, transvestite, thief, liar, cheat, deceiver, masochist, alcoholic, drug addict, tax evaded, shop lifter, arsonists, bank robber etc etc


And you make that list and don't understand why I see that you are indeed anti-gay.

That is said with sadness and pity - no anger Ralph.


I am sorry but I do not have the faintest idea what you are insinuating


Maybe you don't.




I genuinely don't


Leave it there then.
Derek

trentvoyager wrote:
Ralph2 wrote:
trentvoyager wrote:
Ralph2 wrote:
trentvoyager wrote:
Quote:
I would never condemn a masterbater, a gay, lesbian, transvestite, thief, liar, cheat, deceiver, masochist, alcoholic, drug addict, tax evaded, shop lifter, arsonists, bank robber etc etc


And you make that list and don't understand why I see that you are indeed anti-gay.

That is said with sadness and pity - no anger Ralph.


I am sorry but I do not have the faintest idea what you are insinuating


Maybe you don't.




I genuinely don't


Leave it there then.


OK, but I must stipulate, for the record, that I am NOT anti-gay.
Derek

Ketty wrote:
Ralph2 wrote:

If anything I was being understanding of the position, but making insinuations, I was not. I made it very clear I did not insinuate. If I had a problem with moderation I would PM Lexi with my complaint, rather than moan about it to another poster. It would not be the first time, but I do not have a problem. What I said was that they can make it difficult, and I will stick by what I have said. Since I came back I will categorically state that you and Ketty made it difficult for me, especially when I was on premod. It takes little searching to show you and Ketty being awkward, purposely, to annoy me. If you cannot see that then what the heck, I am not going to argue about it. Since I have come off premod both you and Ketty have stopped being so awkward in moderation but have swapped it to being difficult as posters. I tell it as it is and that is how I see it.

Besides, I was actually having a serious conversation with the Boyg about why people act so badly when given a little authority, as they suppose. There was nothing in my questions, or his response, that was malicious or antagonistic. If that is what you have taken from it then you are wrong, or you are being paranoid. I think you are a good moderator but as a poster you are very awkward and argumentative, towards me in particular. I think that Ketty is, without doubt, the worst moderator that I have ever witnessed and the worst Christian and poster as well. That is my personal opinion, based on my knowledge and experience of her. I think that the sun shines out of Lexi's rear end because she is a Christian by every definition of the word. I try to tell the truth. I hope that my opinions will change as a result of people becoming more amicable, but, as yet, there seems little likelihood of that happening.


Tell you what "Ralph" if ever I'm the slightest bit concerned about what a self-confessed 'grifter', arch-deceiver, fantasist, manipulator, and habitual liar ever thinks of me, you'll be the first person I come to.  

 


Well, let's hope, for your sake and salvation, that it is sooner rather then later my lovely.
cyberman

Ralph2 wrote:
I am the most liberal minded Christian I know.


No you're not
Jim

Be fair.
He probably doesn't know any other liberal minded Christians to compare himself with.
Derek

Jim wrote:
Be fair.
He probably doesn't know any other liberal minded Christians to compare himself with.


Good judgement Jim. As a Christian, I try to avoid judging my fellow man, but don't let that stop you.
Derek

cyberman wrote:
Ralph2 wrote:
I am the most liberal minded Christian I know.


No you're not


Yes I am
Ketty

Ralph2 wrote:
Well, let's hope, for your sake and salvation, that it is sooner rather then later my lovely.


*Shudder* - as slippery as a nest of vipers, as well as a barrel load of eels!
cyberman

Ralph2 wrote:
cyberman wrote:
Ralph2 wrote:
I am the most liberal minded Christian I know.


No you're not


Yes I am


No you're not.

You may be the most liberal minded Christian that you have ever discussed theology and ethics with. But you know lots of people who are Christians without you knowing that they are Christians, I would guess.

I think what you mean is "I am the most liberal minded Christian whose social and sexual ethics I know much about". Which is different.
Derek

cyberman wrote:
Ralph2 wrote:
cyberman wrote:
Ralph2 wrote:
I am the most liberal minded Christian I know.


No you're not


Yes I am


No you're not.

You may be the most liberal minded Christian that you have ever discussed theology and ethics with. But you know lots of people who are Christians without you knowing that they are Christians, I would guess.

I think what you mean is "I am the most liberal minded Christian whose social and sexual ethics I know much about". Which is different.


No, I said that I am the most liberal minded Christian that I know. That is out of all the Christians, whose opinions on sexual ethics that I KNOW about, I am the most liberal of them all. Like God, I cannot know anything that is unknowable. I can speculate but I did say "I Know" and not who "I Might Know"
Derek

Ketty wrote:
Ralph2 wrote:
Well, let's hope, for your sake and salvation, that it is sooner rather then later my lovely.


*Shudder* - as slippery as a nest of vipers, as well as a barrel load of eels!


This is why you are not a Christian.

Matthew 5:44


But I say unto you, Love your enemies (especially those who make you shudder), bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.(including the vipers and the eels)

This is why I am a Christian.

Matthew 5:10-12

10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
cyberman

Ralph2 wrote:
out of all the Christians, whose opinions on sexual ethics that I KNOW about, I am the most liberal of them all.


Exactly. Of all the Christian who you know, there is a subset. That subset is "Those Christians whom you know, and whom you know to be Christians, and whose opinions on sexual ethics you know about". And you say you are the more liberal than anyone in that subset. But you are not the most liberal Christian of all the Christians you know.
Derek

cyberman wrote:
Ralph2 wrote:
out of all the Christians, whose opinions on sexual ethics that I KNOW about, I am the most liberal of them all.


Exactly. Of all the Christian who you know, there is a subset. That subset is "Those Christians whom you know, and whom you know to be Christians, and whose opinions on sexual ethics you know about". And you say you are the more liberal than anyone in that subset. But you are not the most liberal Christian of all the Christians you know.


Yes, I am, because I know the sexual ethics of all the Christians I know, therefore, I know no Christian whose sexual ethics I am not aware of. So, out of all those Christians that I know, whose sexual ethics I also know, I am the most liberal minded of them all.

You can carry on picking a fight with your fatuous reasoning, however, you do so at the cost of your own credibility.
cyberman

Ralph2 wrote:
cyberman wrote:
Ralph2 wrote:
out of all the Christians, whose opinions on sexual ethics that I KNOW about, I am the most liberal of them all.


Exactly. Of all the Christian who you know, there is a subset. That subset is "Those Christians whom you know, and whom you know to be Christians, and whose opinions on sexual ethics you know about". And you say you are the more liberal than anyone in that subset. But you are not the most liberal Christian of all the Christians you know.


Yes, I am, because I know the sexual ethics of all the Christians I know, therefore, I know no Christian whose sexual ethics I am not aware of. So, out of all those Christians that I know, whose sexual ethics I also know, I am the most liberal minded of them all.

You can carry on picking a fight with your fatuous reasoning, however, you do so at the cost of your own credibility.


How do you know that yo know the sexual ethics of every Christian that you know? How do you even know the religion of all people who you know? Are you telling me you know the religion of every single person you know? the bloke who drives your bus in the morning, the girl who sells you your fags, the guy who cuts your hair?

Try harder not to be a diqk.

(Note to moderators: I have not here called Ralph a dick. I did that somewhere else).
Leonard James

What's with all this kids playground stuff?  
Derek

cyberman wrote:
Ralph2 wrote:
cyberman wrote:
Ralph2 wrote:
out of all the Christians, whose opinions on sexual ethics that I KNOW about, I am the most liberal of them all.


Exactly. Of all the Christian who you know, there is a subset. That subset is "Those Christians whom you know, and whom you know to be Christians, and whose opinions on sexual ethics you know about". And you say you are the more liberal than anyone in that subset. But you are not the most liberal Christian of all the Christians you know.


Yes, I am, because I know the sexual ethics of all the Christians I know, therefore, I know no Christian whose sexual ethics I am not aware of. So, out of all those Christians that I know, whose sexual ethics I also know, I am the most liberal minded of them all.

You can carry on picking a fight with your fatuous reasoning, however, you do so at the cost of your own credibility.


How do you know that yo know the sexual ethics of every Christian that you know? How do you even know the religion of all people who you know? Are you telling me you know the religion of every single person you know? the bloke who drives your bus in the morning, the girl who sells you your fags, the guy who cuts your hair?

Try harder not to be a diqk.

(Note to moderators: I have not here called Ralph a dick. I did that somewhere else).


I live in a old Welsh mining community. A smallish Welsh valley village. I know everyone that lives in the village and their religious convictions. I don't smoke and I never take the bus and the woman who cuts my hair lives in the village. If there is anyone that I do not know then my statement that says I have the most liberal Christian mind of anyone I know does not include the people I do not know. My statement refers to people I know.

Leonard, my apologies, but this Cyberman is trying to be clever but his post is giving everyone the opposite impression. You cannot speak for everyone you might come in contact with as they may not fulfil the criteria of me knowing them in the context that I say that I am the most liberal Christian that I know He has challenged the statement with no contrary argument.
Shaker

Ralph2 wrote:
Leonard, my apologies, but this Cyberman is trying to be clever

No, he doesn't have to try to be clever: he is clever. I don't agree with all his views, ideas and opinions by any measure of means, and we can and will disagree civilly on any number of issues. Abortion is the one that most readily springs to mind: on a great number of other issues, absent the theism question, we're pretty much of a like mind. I know this to be the case because we've done it all before, a great many times. For longer, much, much longer than you've besmirched this forum with your time-wasting nonsense. He doesn't have to try to be clever because he is clever - if by clever you mean an obviously intelligent, articulate, clued-up, aware, informed member of this forum who can hold his own in an intelligent and reasoned discussion.

All this will be far, far above what the Americans colloquially call your pay grade, but that's not my problem.
Derek

Shaker wrote:
Ralph2 wrote:
Leonard, my apologies, but this Cyberman is trying to be clever

No, he doesn't have to try to be clever: he is clever. I don't agree with all his views, ideas and opinions by any measure of means, and we can and will disagree civilly on any number of issues. Abortion is the one that most readily springs to mind: on a great number of other issues, absent the theism question, we're pretty much of a like mind. I know this to be the case because we've done it all before, a great many times. For longer, much, much longer than you've besmirched this forum with your time-wasting nonsense. He doesn't have to try to be clever because he is clever - if by clever you mean an obviously intelligent, articulate, clued-up, aware, informed member of this forum who can hold his own in an intelligent and reasoned discussion.

All this will be far, far above what the Americans colloquially call your pay grade, but that's not my problem.


No, he is not. That you think he is can only strengthen my resolve that he is lacking in the basic understanding of communication with his fellow man. Your appraisal of Cyberman can do him no credit as it is you who is doing the appraising. He is very much like you,***Edited by Lexi*** and not a thesaurus in sight. I think Timothy describes you quite well

Timothy 3

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

That you have similar beliefs to Cyberman is an indictment against him. Besmirched this forum with my time wasting nonsense. That is to stain; sully. To make dirty; soil. ***Edited by Lexi*** ? I have yet to see you give anyone, who disagrees with you, or is a Christian, a chance to debate anything without your usual derogatory and judgemental words that almost always derail the thread. You are a blight to forums like this where freedom of speech is paramount and everyone has a voice, not just your arrogant and condescending rhetoric of how we should all think, that is, your way. People like you quail freedom of speech by insisting that only their point of viewed should be voiced on forum like this achieved by trying to bully other posters into leaving or agreeing. Not me. Wars were fought to rid our society of people like you but they always start to creep, slither and writhe back in until we once again cleanse the inner vessel, yet again. People who benefit themselves but hinder the society they live in. I wonder just how many more poster we would have on here if not for your narcissistic, self-centred, egocentric mannerisms in which you try and dismantle fellow posters. But hey, I am just a time waster. What do I know.

Fact: Cyberman had not communicated with me much since I have been back. I have noticed his attempts to pick a fight rather then provide constructive debate but have successfully ignored it up until now. Why, because I know from past experience that he gets nasty. He agrees with you probably because it is better to give your way to a dog then be bitten by it.

I am here explaining that I believe, that for a Christian, I am liberally minded. I used a cliché to demonstrate how liberal I actually am and he then proceeded to dismantle my claim to liberalism by dismantling the cliché. The point that I am liberally minded is quite an irrelevant one as my post made it clear that I am liberally minded without using the cliché but he saw fit to try and discredit me by dissecting it, he failed, and here we are, with your unnecessary intervention trying to achieve what he failed miserably at. How's that for a waste of time. We would have been better left alone and you would have been better off discussing how beautiful Autumn is with the woman, but what do I know? Autumn, a time when the sun is so far away from us that everything dies but it all dies in spectacular colour. Yes, a wonderful time of year when death is all around us.
Ketty

Ralph2 wrote:

This is why you are not a Christian.
Matthew 5:44
This is why I am a Christian
Matthew 5:10-12


Ralph2 wrote:

Timothy 3



 

Oh dear "Ralph", you are doing that thing again - quoting scripture AT people as if it doesn't equally apply to you.  So right back atcha, "Ralph".  Even the one you serve, your master, the one who tells you it's okay to be a liar and to deceive and to be more slippery than a barrel load of eels, can quote scripture.    
Derek

Ketty wrote:
Ralph2 wrote:

This is why you are not a Christian.
Matthew 5:44
This is why I am a Christian
Matthew 5:10-12


Ralph2 wrote:

Timothy 3



 

Oh dear "Ralph", you are doing that thing again - quoting scripture AT people as if it doesn't equally apply to you.  So right back atcha, "Ralph".  Even the one you serve, your master, the one who tells you it's okay to be a liar and to deceive and to be more slippery than a barrel load of eels, can quote scripture.    



Good morning sweetie. Always nice to read your BS first thing in the morning. I am a Christian who strives to keep the commandments of God, you are a WUM. Of course the scriptures would refer to you before they would to.me. You are not even a proper Christian.
Shaker

Ralph2 wrote:
You are quite a vicious and venomous little shit aren't you?

Is this a light-hearted shit, or a pejorative shit?
Quote:
People like you quail freedom of speech

Don't give me more of your fowl language.
Quote:
by insisting that only their point of viewed should be voiced on forum like this acieved by trying to bully other posters it to leaving or agreeing.

I'll work on that one later and see if I can unpack any meaning from it.
Quote:
But hey, I am just a time waster.

Indeed.
Quote:
What do I know.

Well ...
cyberman

Ralph2 wrote:
He is very much like you, being rude, obnoxious, argumentative, malicious, divisive, self serving, egotistical, judgemental, unsympathetic, abusive and haughty,
 


Some of that list is quite wrong. Some of it is bang on.

Shaker, my blushes! The feeling is mutual.
Derek

[quote="Shaker:96742"]

Quote:
Ralph2 wrote:
You are quite a vicious and venomous little shit aren't you?

Is this a light-hearted shit, or a pejorative shit?

What do you think?

Quote:
Quote:
People like you quail freedom of speech

Don't give me more of your fowl language.

     

Quote:
Quote:
by insisting that only their point of viewed should be voiced on forum like this acieved by trying to bully other posters it to leaving or agreeing.

I'll work on that one later and see if I can unpack any meaning from it.


This is my fault. It is not the first time that I have written stuff that goes clear over the top of your vacuous head. I need to remember to simplify things more when posting to you. It basically says that you need to take a Sabbatical in order for the forum to recuperate from your hostile form of posting.

Quote:
Quote:
But hey, I am just a time waster.

Indeed.



Quote:
Quote:
What do I know.

Well ...
 

I will start to worry about that when what I know reduces to remotely close to what you know. Until then I must be more aware as to whom I am posting to so as to make it more understandable for your fatuous and asinine understanding
Ketty

Ralph2 wrote:

Good morning sweetie. Always nice to read your BS first thing in the morning. I am a Christian who strives to keep the commandments of God, you are a WUM. Of course the scriptures would refer to you before they would to.me. You are not even a proper Christian.


Lexilogio

This is NOT the Bear Pit - and I will not tolerate personal insults outside of the Bear Pit.

If you need to resort to insults, then you have clearly lost the argument.
Farmer Geddon

Booo..

Who you made you Mom of the threads?
Lexilogio

Farmer Geddon wrote:
Booo..

Who you made you Mom of the threads?


The fact that I'm the Admin?    
Shaker

Farmer Geddon

Sozange..I thought it was Stev?? [pisstake]

My mistake...  

I thought Ket thought she has control of this forum..  maybe she is wrong..  maybe the control she thinks she has is all in her heid...

Ket must be the idiot of the forum we keep to make other members look intelligent..
Farmer Geddon

if I said that on the other forum, I would have been banned within 20 seconds, wouldn't I have Lynn?
Farmer Geddon

I have already hacked Ketts details on Jaks site..  I just need to do so here to prove my suspicions, this is a more secure website..

If I message what I have , will you at least consider giving me access to Kets information?
Ketty

Farmer Geddon wrote:
Sozange..I thought it was Stev?? [pisstake]
My mistake... I thought Ket thought she has control of this forum..  maybe she is wrong..  maybe the control she thinks she has is all in her heid...Ket must be the idiot of the forum we keep to make other members look intelligent..


Farmer Geddon wrote:
if I said that on the other forum, I would have been banned within 20 seconds, wouldn't I have Lynn?


Farmer Geddon wrote:
I have already hacked Ketts details on Jaks site..  I just need to do so here to prove my suspicions, this is a more secure website.. If I message what I have , will you at least consider giving me access to Kets information?


Mad as a box of frogs!

trentvoyager

Missed his way in life - more conspiracy theories than the X files.
Powwow

(smiley face) What I find funny is the fact that usually when ever Luci pops up on R&E, Sass makes an appearance. And of course the other way round.
What's up with that Luci? Are you the Sass? Or are you just each others herpes?
Lexilogio

Before we get round to me (I think everyone on here eventually gets accused of being Sass/Lynne)... I'm not her. I can assure you of that.
Shaker

Lexilogio wrote:
Before we get round to me (I think everyone on here eventually gets accused of being Sass/Lynne)

Oooooh oooooh oooooh me next, me next

Quote:
I'm not her. I can assure you of that.

Yeah, well, that's what you say ...  
Ketty

Lexilogio

   
Leonard James

I am not Lynne ... and anybody who says I am will be punished by God in hell for eternity.  
trentvoyager

Are you all playing a kind of "I am Spartacus in reverse" game?

PS I am not Lynne.  
gone

If I am Lynne you have permission to hang me from the highest tree, I would deserve it!
Farmer Geddon

You know what, you're no fun ket ...  funket hmm may have connotations..

But anyhow, you're no fun anymore ket - You refuse to rise to the bait these days!!

Ketty

Farmer Geddon wrote:
You know what, you're no fun ket ...  funket hmm may have connotations..

But anyhow, you're no fun anymore ket - You refuse to rise to the bait these days!!



By jove he's gottit!  

Btw, I never did 'rise to the bait' - but sometimes I choose to play the game.  Only when it's interesting and not just a little bit too silly for words, and when you're not 'going off on one'.

       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Announcements Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum