Archive for nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 



       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> All faiths and none
Farmer Geddon

Is religion about preaching..

..or about teaching?



Link
Shaker

It depends.

I say this based upon my opinion that preaching = evangelism, which is to say, proselytisation: in other words, this is my belief - it's not so much that I believe it and you believe otherwise but that I believe it and you ought to believe it as well. You have to. It's that important. What you believe isn't as important as that you believe what I believe. I will go to strenuous efforts to try to make you believe what I believe. If you believe something different to what I believe you are wrong and I am right.

Let's have a look at a few examples.

Judaism = preaching, not very much at all. Proselytisation extremely rare. Potential converts are turned away at least three times in some traditions. You're welcome if you're serious, but we really have to make sure, absolutely sure first.

Paganism = preaching, usually absolutely none whatever. Go your own way and do your own thing, dude.

Buddhism = see paganism.

Christianity = preaching; indispendible and vital element. Jesus is the way and the truth and the life. No one gets to the father (God) except through Jesus. You can't do it (salvation) without Jesus. No Jesus, no salvation. Jesus is the bee's knees and the mutt's nuts. It's the one and only way - anything else is at best mistaken and misguided and at worst downright wrong.

Islam = see Christianity.

That's part of the reason why I dislike Christianity and Islam so deeply and intensely and why paganism, Buddhism, Hinduism and so forth get a free pass from me on this specific issue - any belief system in fact which tries to foist itself on people and uses carrots and sticks to do it, and the long history of misery and mayhem it has caused the world over.
Leonard James

Yes, they are a conceited lot!

And before anybody tells me that we are too, for the same reason ... remember that if that is the case we and they are all conceited for not believing in fairies.
JamesJah

Re: Is religion about preaching..

Farmer Geddon wrote:
..or about teaching?



Link


Is politics a religion?????????????
JamesJah

Leonard James wrote:
Yes, they are a conceited lot!

And before anybody tells me that we are too, for the same reason ... remember that if that is the case we and they are all conceited for not believing in fairies.


Are you a god?

Did you watch the program?
Shaker

Re: Is religion about preaching..

JamesJah wrote:
Is politics a religion?????????????


No.
JamesJah

Re: Is religion about preaching..

Shaker wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Is politics a religion?????????????


No.


Are you certain about that?

What is an Islamic state?
Shaker

Re: Is religion about preaching..

JamesJah wrote:
Shaker wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Is politics a religion?????????????


No.


Are you certain about that?

Yes.

Quote:
What is an Islamic state?

A state where Islam is the established or at least the majority religion, I guess.
JamesJah

Re: Is religion about preaching..

Shaker wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Shaker wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Is politics a religion?????????????


No.


Are you certain about that?

Yes.

Quote:
What is an Islamic state?

A state where Islam is the established or at least the majority religion, I guess.


So is religion politics or is politics religion??



Click to see full size image
Shaker

Re: Is religion about preaching..

JamesJah wrote:

So is religion politics or is politics religion??

Neither.
JamesJah

Re: Is religion about preaching..

Shaker wrote:
JamesJah wrote:

So is religion politics or is politics religion??

Neither.


Was Cesar a god, were the Egyptian pharaoh's gods?



Click to see full size image
Leonard James

Re: Is religion about preaching..

JamesJah wrote:
Shaker wrote:
JamesJah wrote:

So is religion politics or is politics religion??

Neither.


Was Cesar a god, were the Egyptian pharaoh's gods?




Will your moronic questions never cease?

JamesJah

1 Peter 5:6-8
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, so that he may exalt you in due time,while you throw all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you.

Keep your senses, be watchful! Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.
genghiscant

JamesJah wrote:
1 Peter 5:6-8
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, so that he may exalt you in due time,while you throw all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you.

Keep your senses, be watchful! Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.


Should be pretty easy to spot then.
JamesJah

genghiscant wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
1 Peter 5:6-8
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, so that he may exalt you in due time,while you throw all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you.

Keep your senses, be watchful! Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.


Should be pretty easy to spot then.


Yep I go with all of that.
Richie

Re: Is religion about preaching..

Shaker wrote:

Quote:
What is an Islamic state?

A state where Islam is the established or at least the majority religion, I guess.


My understanding of the term is that an Islamic State is a state governed specifically by the tenets of the Koran/Sharia law so would be a state in which religion is woven directly into the fabric of that countries statehood.

That ties the religion in question directly into the political apparatus of the state, much in the same way as Communism was in the Soviet era.

This doesn't mean that religion equals politics or vice versa but it does tie the two together.
Richie

Re: Is religion about preaching..

JamesJah wrote:
Shaker wrote:
JamesJah wrote:

So is religion politics or is politics religion??

Neither.


Was Cesar a god, were the Egyptian pharaoh's gods?



Click to see full size image


Are we talking about the ape from Planet of the Apes?

Caesar was raised to godhood by the Senate of Rome, so yes was a God, though he himself would probably have called it nonsense, he was only afterall, descended from the Goddess Venus.

The Pharaoh's all became Gods at death because whilst on earth they were the earthly avatar of Ra/Amun Ra and so would become fully divine upon death.

Not sure anyone worshiped any of the Pharaoh's however.

The Divine Cult of the Emperor was a popular enough cult in Roman times

However, you have to look at both issues within the circle of the religions they were part of. Just because according to your cult there is only one God doesn't mean to say that is true, its simply the truth you work with.
IvyOwl

Couple of good posts there Richie ... I almost didnt bother to read any more of this thread/riddle! But curiosity got the better of me!
JamesJah

Re: Is religion about preaching..

Richie wrote:
Shaker wrote:

Quote:
What is an Islamic state?

A state where Islam is the established or at least the majority religion, I guess.


My understanding of the term is that an Islamic State is a state governed specifically by the tenets of the Koran/Sharia law so would be a state in which religion is woven directly into the fabric of that countries statehood.

That ties the religion in question directly into the political apparatus of the state, much in the same way as Communism was in the Soviet era.

This doesn't mean that religion equals politics or vice versa but it does tie the two together.


It does if you live in places like Jordan, especially at Ramadan, bit like Christmas in England, is it not???





Click to see full size image
Richie

Re: Is religion about preaching..

JamesJah wrote:

It does if you live in places like Jordan, especially at Ramadan, bit like Christmas in England, is it not???


I'm sorry, but you are going to have to explain exactly what you mean by the above.
Shaker

Best of luck there, my good man!
JamesJah

Re: Is religion about preaching..

Richie wrote:
JamesJah wrote:

It does if you live in places like Jordan, especially at Ramadan, bit like Christmas in England, is it not???


I'm sorry, but you are going to have to explain exactly what you mean by the above.


Ramadan is enforceable by law in Jordan and most Muslim states enforce that belief by law, making it a political enforceable requirement, which make it political rather than just religious does it not?
cyberman

Re: Is religion about preaching..

JamesJah wrote:
Richie wrote:
JamesJah wrote:

It does if you live in places like Jordan, especially at Ramadan, bit like Christmas in England, is it not???


I'm sorry, but you are going to have to explain exactly what you mean by the above.


Ramadan is enforceable by law in Jordan and most Muslim states enforce that belief by law, making it a political enforceable requirement, which make it political rather than just religious does it not?


Ramadan is the name of a month. This is like saying "February is enforceable by law in the UK".
JamesJah

Re: Is religion about preaching..

cyberman wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Richie wrote:
JamesJah wrote:

It does if you live in places like Jordan, especially at Ramadan, bit like Christmas in England, is it not???


I'm sorry, but you are going to have to explain exactly what you mean by the above.


Ramadan is enforceable by law in Jordan and most Muslim states enforce that belief by law, making it a political enforceable requirement, which make it political rather than just religious does it not?


Ramadan is the name of a month. This is like saying "February is enforceable by law in the UK".


Perhaps" what ever it is the fasting that is expected for that month is not optional regardless of what you like to call it.
Richie

Re: Is religion about preaching..

JamesJah wrote:
Richie wrote:
JamesJah wrote:

It does if you live in places like Jordan, especially at Ramadan, bit like Christmas in England, is it not???


I'm sorry, but you are going to have to explain exactly what you mean by the above.


Ramadan is enforceable by law in Jordan and most Muslim states enforce that belief by law, making it a political enforceable requirement, which make it political rather than just religious does it not?


As has been said, Ramadan itself is the name of a month and a religious festival.

From what I've read most Muslim majority countries operate a similar policy of expecting public observation of the restrictions of Ramadan by anyone in the country. It appears however that this differs according to region, with the more liberal regions being more relaxed regarding non-muslims and the more stricter regions obviously being the opposite.

It is still a religious/cultural event though and not a political one. Yes there are civil laws backing up Ramadan in some countries, such as Jordan, but then given the Wests distrust of 'religious' laws this is not in itself a surprise.

I'm sorry but this does not show that religion and politics are one and the same at all

Also, unless you are living in a different UK to me James, Christmas here is not enforceable by law. You are free to buy presents, put up a nice Christmas tree, deck it out in mistletoe and lay out cookies for Santa or not, entirely as you see fit.
JamesJah

Re: Is religion about preaching..

Richie wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Richie wrote:
JamesJah wrote:

It does if you live in places like Jordan, especially at Ramadan, bit like Christmas in England, is it not???


I'm sorry, but you are going to have to explain exactly what you mean by the above.


Ramadan is enforceable by law in Jordan and most Muslim states enforce that belief by law, making it a political enforceable requirement, which make it political rather than just religious does it not?


As has been said, Ramadan itself is the name of a month and a religious festival.

From what I've read most Muslim majority countries operate a similar policy of expecting public observation of the restrictions of Ramadan by anyone in the country. It appears however that this differs according to region, with the more liberal regions being more relaxed regarding non-muslims and the more stricter regions obviously being the opposite.

It is still a religious/cultural event though and not a political one. Yes there are civil laws backing up Ramadan in some countries, such as Jordan, but then given the Wests distrust of 'religious' laws this is not in itself a surprise.

I'm sorry but this does not show that religion and politics are one and the same at all

Also, unless you are living in a different UK to me James, Christmas here is not enforceable by law. You are free to buy presents, put up a nice Christmas tree, deck it out in mistletoe and lay out cookies for Santa or not, entirely as you see fit.


Judaism it was most certainly, and is still claiming God given rights to rile. It is showed to be a dominant part of all political powers in the Revelation as a harlot riding the nations as a wild beast, with seven heads.

The nations are prophesied to destroy the harlot Babylon the Great mother of all the harlots at the end times which we are now in.

So what we are now looking for is the UN and all her ten kings to get her off their backs.





Click to see full size image
JamesJah

Revelation 17:15-18


He says to me: “The waters that you saw, where the harlot is sitting, mean peoples and crowds and nations and tongues. And the ten horns that you saw, and the wild beast,

these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire.

For God put [it] into their hearts to carry out his thought, even to carry out [their] one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished. And the woman whom you saw means the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth.. . .
Richie

And here is the gibberish & revelations nonsense.

You were almost managing complete sentences too James.

Oh well, maybe when you are next back in the land of the sane
The Boyg

Re: Is religion about preaching..

JamesJah wrote:
Judaism it was most certainly, and is still claiming God given rights to rile. It is showed to be a dominant part of all political powers in the Revelation as a harlot riding the nations as a wild beast, with seven heads.

The nations are prophesied to destroy the harlot Babylon the Great mother of all the harlots at the end times which we are now in.

So what we are now looking for is the UN and all her ten kings to get her off their backs.


But how is the way that Christmas is celebrated in England evidence that politics is religion?
Ketty

Farmer Geddon wrote:
Is religion about preaching.. ..or about teaching?


I guess religion is about both: doing as man says.
JamesJah

Re: Is religion about preaching..

The Boyg wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Judaism it was most certainly, and is still claiming God given rights to rile. It is showed to be a dominant part of all political powers in the Revelation as a harlot riding the nations as a wild beast, with seven heads.

The nations are prophesied to destroy the harlot Babylon the Great mother of all the harlots at the end times which we are now in.

So what we are now looking for is the UN and all her ten kings to get her off their backs.


But how is the way that Christmas is celebrated in England evidence that politics is religion?


What is the church of England?

what is the monarch of England  head of?
JamesJah

Ketty wrote:
Farmer Geddon wrote:
Is religion about preaching.. ..or about teaching?


I guess religion is about both: doing as man says.


Was Christianity called the way because it was the a way of life rather than a religion?





Click to see full size image
The Boyg

Re: Is religion about preaching..

JamesJah wrote:
The Boyg wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Judaism it was most certainly, and is still claiming God given rights to rile. It is showed to be a dominant part of all political powers in the Revelation as a harlot riding the nations as a wild beast, with seven heads.

The nations are prophesied to destroy the harlot Babylon the Great mother of all the harlots at the end times which we are now in.

So what we are now looking for is the UN and all her ten kings to get her off their backs.


But how is the way that Christmas is celebrated in England evidence that politics is religion?


What is the church of England?

what is the monarch of England  head of?


You haven't answered the question "But how is the way that Christmas is celebrated in England evidence that politics is religion?".
JamesJah

Re: Is religion about preaching..

The Boyg wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
The Boyg wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Judaism it was most certainly, and is still claiming God given rights to rile. It is showed to be a dominant part of all political powers in the Revelation as a harlot riding the nations as a wild beast, with seven heads.

The nations are prophesied to destroy the harlot Babylon the Great mother of all the harlots at the end times which we are now in.

So what we are now looking for is the UN and all her ten kings to get her off their backs.


But how is the way that Christmas is celebrated in England evidence that politics is religion?


What is the church of England?

what is the monarch of England  head of?


You haven't answered the question "But how is the way that Christmas is celebrated in England evidence that politics is religion?".


You are not a part of the system if you do not celebrate it and keep big business in power???

According to the prophetic word business is the only one to cry when religion gets eradicated from the earth.

All roads do not lead to God.



Click to see full size image
cyberman

Re: Is religion about preaching..

The Boyg wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
The Boyg wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Judaism it was most certainly, and is still claiming God given rights to rile. It is showed to be a dominant part of all political powers in the Revelation as a harlot riding the nations as a wild beast, with seven heads.

The nations are prophesied to destroy the harlot Babylon the Great mother of all the harlots at the end times which we are now in.

So what we are now looking for is the UN and all her ten kings to get her off their backs.


But how is the way that Christmas is celebrated in England evidence that politics is religion?


What is the church of England?

what is the monarch of England  head of?


You haven't answered the question "But how is the way that Christmas is celebrated in England evidence that politics is religion?".


Boyg, I have to admire the optimistic persistence with which you try again to kick that football which Lucy Van Pelt is holding. He will never answer a question; but that doesn't mean we shouldn't ask.
JamesJah

Re: Is religion about preaching..

cyberman wrote:
The Boyg wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
The Boyg wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Judaism it was most certainly, and is still claiming God given rights to rile. It is showed to be a dominant part of all political powers in the Revelation as a harlot riding the nations as a wild beast, with seven heads.

The nations are prophesied to destroy the harlot Babylon the Great mother of all the harlots at the end times which we are now in.

So what we are now looking for is the UN and all her ten kings to get her off their backs.


But how is the way that Christmas is celebrated in England evidence that politics is religion?


What is the church of England?

what is the monarch of England  head of?


You haven't answered the question "But how is the way that Christmas is celebrated in England evidence that politics is religion?".


Boyg, I have to admire the optimistic persistence with which you try again to kick that football which Lucy Van Pelt is holding. He will never answer a question; but that doesn't mean we shouldn't ask.

...........................................?
Is the Queen head of the church yes
............................................?
Is the queen head of parliament YES
>>>>>>>>>>>>>?
so is religion political YES  >>\/
\/
OK
The Boyg

Re: Is religion about preaching..

JamesJah wrote:
The Boyg wrote:
You haven't answered the question "But how is the way that Christmas is celebrated in England evidence that politics is religion?".


You are not a part of the system if you do not celebrate it and keep big business in power???


Untrue.
The Boyg

Re: Is religion about preaching..

JamesJah wrote:
...........................................?
Is the Queen head of the church yes
............................................?
Is the queen head of parliament YES
>>>>>>>>>>>>>?
so is religion political YES  >>\/
\/
OK


Is Angelina Jolie an actress? YES

Is Angelina Jolie a special envoy for the UNHCR? YES

So is acting humanitarianism? YES

OK



Can you see the flaw in your logic now? Probably NO
cyberman

Re: Is religion about preaching..

JamesJah wrote:
cyberman wrote:
The Boyg wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
The Boyg wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Judaism it was most certainly, and is still claiming God given rights to rile. It is showed to be a dominant part of all political powers in the Revelation as a harlot riding the nations as a wild beast, with seven heads.

The nations are prophesied to destroy the harlot Babylon the Great mother of all the harlots at the end times which we are now in.

So what we are now looking for is the UN and all her ten kings to get her off their backs.


But how is the way that Christmas is celebrated in England evidence that politics is religion?


What is the church of England?

what is the monarch of England  head of?


You haven't answered the question "But how is the way that Christmas is celebrated in England evidence that politics is religion?".


Boyg, I have to admire the optimistic persistence with which you try again to kick that football which Lucy Van Pelt is holding. He will never answer a question; but that doesn't mean we shouldn't ask.

...........................................?
Is the Queen head of the church yes
............................................?
Is the queen head of parliament YES
>>>>>>>>>>>>>?
so is religion political YES  >>\/
\/
OK


That's great. And...how is the way that Christmas is celebrated in England evidence that politics is religion?".
JamesJah

Re: Is religion about preaching..

cyberman wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
cyberman wrote:
The Boyg wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
The Boyg wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Judaism it was most certainly, and is still claiming God given rights to rile. It is showed to be a dominant part of all political powers in the Revelation as a harlot riding the nations as a wild beast, with seven heads.

The nations are prophesied to destroy the harlot Babylon the Great mother of all the harlots at the end times which we are now in.

So what we are now looking for is the UN and all her ten kings to get her off their backs.


But how is the way that Christmas is celebrated in England evidence that politics is religion?


What is the church of England?

what is the monarch of England  head of?


You haven't answered the question "But how is the way that Christmas is celebrated in England evidence that politics is religion?".


Boyg, I have to admire the optimistic persistence with which you try again to kick that football which Lucy Van Pelt is holding. He will never answer a question; but that doesn't mean we shouldn't ask.

...........................................?
Is the Queen head of the church yes
............................................?
Is the queen head of parliament YES
>>>>>>>>>>>>>?
so is religion political YES  >>\/
\/
OK


That's great. And...how is the way that Christmas is celebrated in England evidence that politics is religion?".


It is compulsory. every English person has to stuff up with it like it or not.
The Boyg

Re: Is religion about preaching..

JamesJah wrote:
cyberman wrote:
That's great. And...how is the way that Christmas is celebrated in England evidence that politics is religion?".


It is compulsory.


No it isn't.
Richie

Re: Is religion about preaching..

JamesJah wrote:


It is compulsory. every English person has to stuff up with it like it or not.


How on earth is Christmas compulsory??

You either celebrate it or you don't. There's no force involved with it
JamesJah

Re: Is religion about preaching..

Richie wrote:
JamesJah wrote:


It is compulsory. every English person has to stuff up with it like it or not.


How on earth is Christmas compulsory??

You either celebrate it or you don't. There's no force involved with it


Been round a supermarket lately?

Ever heard of the lights going up?

By the way what has jingle bells got to do with religion?

Have you ever been to Malta at Christmas tome?
Leonard James

Re: Is religion about preaching..

JamesJah wrote:
Richie wrote:
JamesJah wrote:


It is compulsory. every English person has to stuff up with it like it or not.


How on earth is Christmas compulsory??

You either celebrate it or you don't. There's no force involved with it


Been round a supermarket lately?

Ever heard of the lights going up?

By the way what has jingle bells got to do with religion?

Have you ever been to Malta at Christmas tome?


JJ's posts make me strongly suspect that he is not an adult.
Richie

Re: Is religion about preaching..

JamesJah wrote:


Been round a supermarket lately?

Ever heard of the lights going up?

By the way what has jingle bells got to do with religion?

Have you ever been to Malta at Christmas tome?


1) Yes thanks. Have you? Has no relevance to anything point you've made so far. The Xmas aisles will open in about 2 weeks and then people like me can spend months moaning about the commercialisation of Xmas and how it doesn't start in September. This isn't politicization though.

2) Lights have no relevance to your arguments so far.

3) what has Frank Sinatra's New York, New York got to do with religion?

4) No. Have you? Any nice photos to share? Again no relevance to the thread itself.
JamesJah

Re: Is religion about preaching..

Richie wrote:
JamesJah wrote:


It is compulsory. every English person has to stuff up with it like it or not.


How on earth is Christmas compulsory??

You either celebrate it or you don't. There's no force involved with it


Which planet do I have to be on not to partake?

Do you know the words to Jingle bells?

Do you want to know the words?

What good are they for5 any thing?

Is it now illegal to smoke in public?
trentvoyager

Clearly my Google translation software is on the blink as I appear to be getting what looks like gibberish in a lot of posts these days.
The Boyg

Re: Is religion about preaching..

JamesJah wrote:
Which planet do I have to be on not to partake?


Planet Earth.

You'd be most welcome here if you ever care to join us.
Leonard James

trentvoyager wrote:
Clearly my Google translation software is on the blink as I appear to be getting what looks like gibberish in a lot of posts these days.


It's far more likely that an unhinged mind is the source of the problem than it being Google.
Richie

Re: Is religion about preaching..

JamesJah wrote:


1) Which planet do I have to be on not to partake?

2) Do you know the words to Jingle bells?

3) Do you want to know the words?

4) What good are they for5 any thing?

5) Is it now illegal to smoke in public?


1) Planet Earth. You're welcome to land anytime

2) Yes thank you

3) Not really, though just for you here is the first verse and most popular verse - Dashing through the snow, In a one horse open sleigh, Over the fields we go, laughing all the way. Bells on bob tail ring, making spirits bright. What fun it is to ride and sing, a sleighing song tonight.

By the way is there a point to your issue with Jingle Bells??

4) Absolutely Nothing. Sorry, thought we'd stumbled into a song lyrics quiz. You may need to enlarge your question as it doesn't actually ask anything

5) No - Here to help

 

Now, please James, for the sake of the collective sanity of this board, pause, reflect and attend before replying so that we all have a chance to understand what you're going on about. Running half conversations where you assume the other party is privy to privileged information, but where they in reality are not privy to it, is actually quite rude and makes for a very difficult two way conversation.
Ketty

[quote="JamesJah:120408"]Was Christianity called the way ... ?

Was Christianity called 'the way'?  And by whom?

JamesJah wrote:
because it was the a way of life rather than a religion?


For those of us who are disciples of Christ Jesus, Christianity IS a way of life; it's a way of being; it's who we are, and in everything we think, say, or do.

I've ignored the off topic stuff about her Majesty, supermarkets, Christmas and the song "Jingle Bells", etc.
gone

deleted
Powwow

So floo, you stabbing Lexi in the back is proof you are a better person due to your agnostic/atheism. No thanks!
JamesJah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssmdD5l8Icg
Jim

Before being called "Christians" - a term of faint ridicule applied by their detractors, the early believers were termed "Followers of The Way"
http://biblehub.com/acts/11-26.htm
JamesJah

What is it Jesus hands over to his Father at the end of his thousand year rule?

(1 Corinthians 15:23-27
But each one in his own proper order: Christ the first fruits, afterward those who belong to the Christ during his presence.

Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power.

For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. 26 And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing. For God “subjected all things under his feet.


It does not look much like a religion to me????
Jim

JamesJah wrote:
What is it Jesus hands over to his Father at the end of his thousand year rule?

(1 Corinthians 15:23-27
But each one in his own proper order: Christ the first fruits, afterward those who belong to the Christ during his presence.

Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power.

For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. 26 And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing. For God “subjected all things under his feet.


It does not look much like a religion to me????


-
Another diversion.
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
What is it Jesus hands over to his Father at the end of his thousand year rule?

(1 Corinthians 15:23-27
But each one in his own proper order: Christ the first fruits, afterward those who belong to the Christ during his presence.

Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power.

For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. 26 And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing. For God “subjected all things under his feet.


It does not look much like a religion to me????





-
Another diversion.


Pleas point out the religious bit.

It was you that agreed Christ's followers had been called the way did you not?

Which way was it?
JamesJah


Click to see full size image



Revelation 7:14, 15
These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 That is why they are before the throne of God,.
Jim

JamesJah wrote:
Jim wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
What is it Jesus hands over to his Father at the end of his thousand year rule?

(1 Corinthians 15:23-27
But each one in his own proper order: Christ the first fruits, afterward those who belong to the Christ during his presence.

Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power.

For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. 26 And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing. For God “subjected all things under his feet.


It does not look much like a religion to me????





-
Another diversion.


Pleas point out the religious bit.

It was you that agreed Christ's followers had been called the way did you not?

Which way was it?


-
Christ:
The I AM who is the Way, the Truth and the life.
Please keep up.
gone

deleted
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Jim wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
What is it Jesus hands over to his Father at the end of his thousand year rule?

(1 Corinthians 15:23-27
But each one in his own proper order: Christ the first fruits, afterward those who belong to the Christ during his presence.

Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power.

For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. 26 And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing. For God “subjected all things under his feet.


It does not look much like a religion to me????





-
Another diversion.


Pleas point out the religious bit.

It was you that agreed Christ's followers had been called the way did you not?

Which way was it?


-
Christ:
The I AM who is the Way, the Truth and the life.
Please keep up.



With what exactly when you keep saying Jesus is equal with his Father and he sais that his Father is greater than him?

God gave man the command to take care of the earth do he is just in that he is about to do and is doing by means of his son.

Revelation 11:17, 18
We thank you, Jehovah God, the Almighty, the one who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and begun ruling as king.

But the nations became wrathful, and your own wrath came, and the appointed time came for the dead to be judged and to reward your slaves the prophets and the holy ones and those fearing your name, the small and the great,

and to bring to ruin those ruining the earth.
JamesJah

Is it just likely humans get what they deserve?

The almighty sent one of the most generous spirit creature to earth to rescue humans from the horrendous conditions they where in, he taught them, cured their sick, raised their dead, and what did they do???

They ridiculed him and murdered him did they not.

So do humans deserve what they get?
gone

deleted
Ketty

JamesJah wrote:
The almighty sent one of the most generous spirit creature to earth to rescue humans from the horrendous conditions they where in, he taught them, cured their sick, raised their dead, and what did they do???

They ridiculed him and murdered him did they not.


That's not quite accurate JJ.  To assist you and the reader:  Christ Jesus, God in human form, ie Son of God became son of Man to teach mankind, to cure the sick and to give all men a way back to the Father - should they choose to accept it.

Some still ridicule Him, misrepresent Him and metaphorically kill Him, every day: there's nothing new.
Jim

[quote="JamesJah:120825"]Is it just likely humans get what they deserve?

The almighty sent one of the most generous spirit creature to earth to rescue humans from the horrendous conditions they where in, he taught them, cured their sick, raised their dead, and what did they do???

-
Spirit creature?
Eh? the word creature suggests "That which was created".
That rules out Christ Jesus, God Incarnate, then. as He is not a created being.
Thanks, James.
JamesJah

[quote="Jim:120830"]
JamesJah wrote:
Is it just likely humans get what they deserve?

The almighty sent one of the most generous spirit creature to earth to rescue humans from the horrendous conditions they where in, he taught them, cured their sick, raised their dead, and what did they do???

-
Spirit creature?
Eh? the word creature suggests "That which was created".
That rules out Christ Jesus, God Incarnate, then. as He is not a created being.
Thanks, James.


1 Corinthians 15:45-49
.The first man Adam became a living person.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. However, what is spiritual is not first. What is physical is first, and afterward what is spiritual.

The first man is from the earth and made of dust; the second man is from heaven. Like the one made of dust, so too are those made of dust; and like the heavenly one, so too are those who are heavenly. And just as we have borne the image of the one made of dust, we will bear also the image of the heavenly one.
Leonard James

JamesJah wrote:

1 Corinthians 15:45-49
.The first man Adam became a living person.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. However, what is spiritual is not first. What is physical is first, and afterward what is spiritual.

The first man is from the earth and made of dust; the second man is from heaven. Like the one made of dust, so too are those made of dust; and like the heavenly one, so too are those who are heavenly. And just as we have borne the image of the one made of dust, we will bear also the image of the heavenly one.


Wibble, wibble, wibble. Nonsense ad infinitum.
JamesJah

Leonard James wrote:
JamesJah wrote:

1 Corinthians 15:45-49
.The first man Adam became a living person.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. However, what is spiritual is not first. What is physical is first, and afterward what is spiritual.

The first man is from the earth and made of dust; the second man is from heaven. Like the one made of dust, so too are those made of dust; and like the heavenly one, so too are those who are heavenly. And just as we have borne the image of the one made of dust, we will bear also the image of the heavenly one.


Wibble, wibble, wibble. Nonsense ad infinitum.





Click to see full size image

Revelation 9:20, 21
But the rest of the people who were not killed by these plagues did not repent of the works of their hands; they did not stop worshipping the demons and the idols of gold and silver and copper and stone and wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk. And they did not repent of their murders nor of their spiritistic practices nor of their sexual immorality nor of their thefts.
Leonard James

JamesJah wrote:

Revelation 9:20, 21
But the rest of the people who were not killed by these plagues did not repent of the works of their hands; they did not stop worshipping the demons and the idols of gold and silver and copper and stone and wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk. And they did not repent of their murders nor of their spiritistic practices nor of their sexual immorality nor of their thefts.


More wibble, wibble, wibble and nonsense ad infinitum.
Shaker

Ad nauseam to boot.
Leonard James

Shaker wrote:
Ad nauseam to boot.


Yup! JJ saves us a lot of money on emetics.  
JamesJah

Shaker wrote:
Ad nauseam to boot.


Do one on rabies you should be better qualified.




Click to see full size image
Shaker

Ketty

JamesJah wrote:
Do one on rabies you should be getter qualified.


Shaker wrote:


Nope, sorry, can't help.
JamesJah

Leonard James wrote:
Shaker wrote:
Ad nauseam to boot.


Yup! JJ saves us a lot of money on emetics.  


Try eating less meat,
Ketty

Ketty wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Do one on rabies you should be getter qualified.


Shaker wrote:


Nope, sorry, can't help.


Ah!  gottit - I think.  It's your signature Shaker - the humour is lost on JJ, and he thinks it's a statement of fact.  Maybe?
JamesJah

Ketty wrote:
Ketty wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Do one on rabies you should be getter qualified.


Shaker wrote:


Nope, sorry, can't help.


Ah!  gottit - I think.  It's your signature Shaker - the humour is lost on JJ, and he thinks it's a statement of fact.  Maybe?


The problem looks like taking people at their face value????



Click to see full size image
JamesJah

Are prophets religious?

Do they have to be religious to prophecy?

Which religion was Jonah?

Which religion was Job?
Sebastian Toe

JamesJah wrote:
Are prophets religious?

Do they have to be religious to prophecy?

Which religion was Jonah?

Which religion was Job?
Banoffee pie.

Mibbies aye mibbies naw.

Dudist.

Don not eat the yellow snow.

Why did the Witness cross the road?

       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> All faiths and none
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum