Archive for nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 



       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Christian chat
LeClerc

John 12:36-41

Hi all

John 12 NWT
Jesus spoke these things and went off and hid from them.37But although he had performed so many signs before them, they were not putting faith in him,38so that the word of Isaiah the prophet was fulfilled which he said: “Jehovah, who has put faith in the thing heard by us? And as for the arm of Jehovah, to whom has it been revealed?”39The reason why they were not able to believe is that again Isaiah said:40“He has blinded their eyes and he has made their hearts hard, that they should not see with their eyes and get the thought with their hearts and turn around and I should heal them.”41Isaiah said these things because he saw his glory, and he spoke about him.

Many find it hard to believe that John would identify the carpenter from Galilee as YHWH Himself, but he did just that in John 12:39-41 by quoting from Isaiah's temple vision of YHWH in Isaiah 6 and then concluding by saying, "These things Isaiah said because he saw His glory and he spoke about Him." The only "Him" in the context is Y’shua; hence, for John, Isaiah, when he saw the vision of YHWH on His throne, he was in reality seeing the Logos who became flesh, The Messiah Y'shua.

LeClerc
Honey 56

Hi LeClerc,
Thank you for posting this scripture.
It has just occured to me that John's gospel is full of hints pointing to Jesus' Deity.
I was wondering would it be ok with you, to open this thread up to explore other scriptures within John's gospel that also point clearly to this?

what do you think?

Honey
LeClerc

Hi Honey

Honey 56 wrote:
Hi LeClerc,
Thank you for posting this scripture.
It has just occured to me that John's gospel is full of hints pointing to Jesus' Deity.
I was wondering would it be ok with you, to open this thread up to explore other scriptures within John's gospel that also point clearly to this?

what do you think?

Honey


Excellent idea sis

LeClerc
bnabernard

http://www.blueletterbible.org/study/parallel/paral19.cfm

bernard (hug)
LeClerc

Hi Bernie

bnabernard wrote:
http://www.blueletterbible.org/study/parallel/paral19.cfm

bernard (hug)


Do you mean the one's in the link where The Messiah Y'shua is referred to as YHWH ?

LeClerc
Honey 56

LeClerc wrote:
Hi Honey

Honey 56 wrote:
Hi LeClerc,
Thank you for posting this scripture.
It has just occured to me that John's gospel is full of hints pointing to Jesus' Deity.
I was wondering would it be ok with you, to open this thread up to explore other scriptures within John's gospel that also point clearly to this?

what do you think?

Honey


Excellent idea sis

LeClerc


Great    PTL. I will look forward to it.

Honey
Honey 56

This one is amazing!!!!!

Some background scripture......

22Finally they said, “Who are you? Give us an answer to take back to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?”

23John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, “I am the voice of one calling in the desert, ‘Make straight the way for the Lord.’”h

24Now some Pharisees who had been sent 25questioned him, “Why then do you baptize if you are not the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?”

26“I baptize withi water,” John replied, “but among you stands one you do not know. 27He is the one who comes after me, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie.”

28This all happened at Bethany on the other side of the Jordan, where John was baptizing.

29The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! 30This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ 31I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel


As is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet: "A voice of one calling in the desert, 'Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.
Luke 3:4


John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, "I am the voice of one calling in the desert, 'Make straight the way for the Lord.'"
John 1:23

compare......

A voice of one calling: "In the desert prepare the way for the LORD; (YHWH) make straight in the wilderness a highway for our God.( le•lo•hei•nu. pl. eloah)
Isaiah 40:3

Honey
LeClerc

Hi Honey

Honey 56 wrote:
This one is amazing!!!!!

Some background scripture......

22Finally they said, “Who are you? Give us an answer to take back to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?”

23John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, “I am the voice of one calling in the desert, ‘Make straight the way for the Lord.’”h

24Now some Pharisees who had been sent 25questioned him, “Why then do you baptize if you are not the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?”

26“I baptize withi water,” John replied, “but among you stands one you do not know. 27He is the one who comes after me, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie.”

28This all happened at Bethany on the other side of the Jordan, where John was baptizing.

29The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! 30This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ 31I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel


As is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet: "A voice of one calling in the desert, 'Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.
Luke 3:4


John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, "I am the voice of one calling in the desert, 'Make straight the way for the Lord.'"
John 1:23

compare......

A voice of one calling: "In the desert prepare the way for the LORD; (YHWH) make straight in the wilderness a highway for our God.( le•lo•hei•nu. pl. eloah)
Isaiah 40:3

Honey


Absolutely

Amazing things are revealed when the personal name of our Father is restored to the scripture.

We sometimes have a go at NWT but when we read the following

John 1 NWT
”23He said: “I am a voice of someone crying out in the wilderness, ‘MAKE​ the way of Jehovah straight,’ just as Isaiah the prophet said

John the Baptist prepared the way for Y'shua.

Even the NWT cannot hide the truth here.

Blessings Honey.

LeClerc

       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Christian chat
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum