Archive for nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 



       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Atheist chat
Pukon_the_Treen

NonStampCollector

Found this guy today - very funny:


Link
Samuel Vimes

That's funny.
Pukon_the_Treen

And this one is great; it will be very familiar to anyone who has ever got involved in creation vs. evolution arguments:


Link
IvyOwl

Brilliant!!    

Thanks!

IO
Samuel Vimes

Pukon_the_Treen wrote:
And this one is great; it will be very familiar to anyone who has ever got involved in creation vs. evolution arguments:


Link


That's hilarious.

It's just a shame that the people who need to see it most probably never will.
jeremyp

Samuel Vimes wrote:

It's just a shame that the people who need to see it most probably never will.

By which you mean people like Richard Dawkins.  Creationists would look at that video and fail to see the irony.
Rob

Quote:
It's just a shame that the people who need to see it most probably never will


?..why?
Pukon_the_Treen

Because creationists tend not to watch things that parody their opinions, illustrate their ignorances and point out their logical fallacies.
Pukon_the_Treen


Link
Judders Lady...

The issues are personal outlooks and they infer them onto Christ Jesus.
The clever way they use issues and twist them to make it out they are Jesus opinions.

Homosexuality...

Abortion...

Afterlife... Literal hell and a literal lake of fire.


The issues are dealt with the in the bible including the attitude of Christ in these matters.


Homosexuality... Is it a Christian issue or a worldly issue?

I think it is safe to say that Christ said love thy neighbour and not to judge them. Is any other sin different other than homosexuality was once a sin which lead to immediate death?
Sin is sin and it is a breaking of laws... but this is no longer one which leads to instant death everywhere. So any sin can take you to hell or the Lake of Fire.

Abortion not a natural way but still a personal preference. Is it a sin?
Seems that God can forgive anything and maybe the real sin is allowing yourself to get pregnant with an unwanted child in the first place.

Hell does exist and so will the lake of fire.
Although I am not sure if it will be heavenly fire or earthly.
Either way these things are not something Christ would be talking to believers about. They are worldly matters and as such his only command is to love others and treat them properly not judge them.

The truth is that the arguments are a fallacy.
God loves everyone but sin will bring judgement.
However, people should not judge others but love them.

No real argument just excuses that people use to try and not face the real issues.

The arguments show they do not get the real teachings of Christ.
Love others and don't judge them.

Love Lynne.xx
Pukon_the_Treen

Lynne,

Quote:
The arguments show they do not get the real teachings of Christ.
Love others and don't judge them.


Surely you realise that the cartoon is a satire made by an atheist?  It's making the point that people who claim to know God / Jesus personally, often give differing, even contradictory, reports as to His wishes and intentions, so some of them, maybe even all of them, must be wrong.

You are of course a prime example of this; you state with apparent absolute certainty and conviction that you are aware exactly what God / Jesus does and doesn't want, what He would and wouldn't do, and you often give opinions that are at odds with those of other Christians.  As outside observers, we non-believers tend to see lots of conflicting accounts, egotistical self-aggrandisement and a total inability to admit to perfectly normal ignorance and uncertainty.
Judders Lady...

Pukon_the_Treen wrote:
Lynne,

Quote:
The arguments show they do not get the real teachings of Christ.
Love others and don't judge them.


Surely you realise that the cartoon is a satire made by an atheist?  It's making the point that people who claim to know God / Jesus personally, often give differing, even contradictory, reports as to His wishes and intentions, so some of them, maybe even all of them, must be wrong.


Have to go out will reply when I return.
Leonard James

Morning Puke,
Pukon_the_Treen wrote:
Surely you realise that the cartoon is a satire made by an atheist?  It's making the point that people who claim to know God / Jesus personally, often give differing, even contradictory, reports as to His wishes and intentions, so some of them, maybe even all of them, must be wrong.

You are of course a prime example of this; you state with apparent absolute certainty and conviction that you are aware exactly what God / Jesus does and doesn't want, what He would and wouldn't do, and you often give opinions that are at odds with those of other Christians.  As outside observers, we non-believers tend to see lots of conflicting accounts, egotistical self-aggrandisement and a total inability to admit to perfectly normal ignorance and uncertainty.

Quite! But these people are so convinced that their delusions are real, that it is impossible for them to accept that they are auto-produced. Such people are thus incapable of accepting anything which contradicts what they believe God/Jesus tells them.

Our efforts are far better directed at those believers who are still capable of considering reasoned arguments.
Dave B

Leonard James wrote:
Morning Puke,
Pukon_the_Treen wrote:
Surely you realise that the cartoon is a satire made by an atheist?  It's making the point that people who claim to know God / Jesus personally, often give differing, even contradictory, reports as to His wishes and intentions, so some of them, maybe even all of them, must be wrong.

You are of course a prime example of this; you state with apparent absolute certainty and conviction that you are aware exactly what God / Jesus does and doesn't want, what He would and wouldn't do, and you often give opinions that are at odds with those of other Christians.  As outside observers, we non-believers tend to see lots of conflicting accounts, egotistical self-aggrandisement and a total inability to admit to perfectly normal ignorance and uncertainty.

Quite! But these people are so convinced that their delusions are real, that it is impossible for them to accept that they are auto-produced. Such people are thus incapable of accepting anything which contradicts what they believe God/Jesus tells them.

Our efforts are far better directed at those believers who are still capable of considering reasoned arguments.
But, from what I have heard and seen, it takes as much of an emotional/intellectual atom bomb in the mind for a life time believer (even a "rational" one (I know, oxymoron, but you know what I mean)) to seriously change their belief as it would for a life time atheist, such as myself at least.

However, I put great store in the idea about people having their own, personal, personification of good (call it God or Christ) in their minds as an ideal image to live up to. In this case even an atheist can hold a similar ideal, but not personified, as a personal creed.

In the final analysis if this means that both the believer and the atheist carry out humane acts etc. there is a gain for humanity as a whole.

Thus I can happily work with such people - provided that they never, ever attempt to credit the supernatural with the good things or convert me! Just get on and do the jobs that need doing - the motive is irrelevant.
Leonard James

Dave B wrote:
But, from what I have heard and seen, it takes as much of an emotional/intellectual atom bomb in the mind for a life time believer (even a "rational" one (I know, oxymoron, but you know what I mean)) to seriously change their belief as it would for a life time atheist, such as myself at least.

I can only speak for myself, of course, but I assure you that if I were presented with any plausible evidence that God exists, I would abandon atheism immediately.
Quote:
However, I put great store in the idea about people having their own, personal, personification of good (call it God or Christ) in their minds as an ideal image to live up to. In this case even an atheist can hold a similar ideal, but not personified, as a personal creed.

In the final analysis if this means that both the believer and the atheist carry out humane acts etc. there is a gain for humanity as a whole.

Thus I can happily work with such people - provided that they never, ever attempt to credit the supernatural with the good things or convert me! Just get on and do the jobs that need doing - the motive is irrelevant.  

Yes, I think it is silly to let religious belief interfere in our relationship with others.
Dave B

Quote:
I can only speak for myself, of course, but I assure you that if I were presented with any plausible evidence that God exists, I would abandon atheism immediately.
Agreed, Len.

Irrefutable proof is sufficient reason to accept anything supported by it. That changes belief into science for me!
Judders Lady...

Pukon_the_Treen wrote:
Lynne,

Quote:
The arguments show they do not get the real teachings of Christ.
Love others and don't judge them.


Surely you realise that the cartoon is a satire made by an atheist? (YUP!,  I did realise this)  It's making the point that people who claim to know God / Jesus personally,often give differing, even contradictory, reports as to His wishes and intentions, (This is way we differ. Because Christ is not telling anything different from what he told us, 2,000 years ago. Love thy neighbour as thyself.)  so some of them, maybe even all of them, must be wrong.(the bible can tell you which is right and which is wrong.)


Hi Puke,

You points are already answered within the quote by myself.
The next part of the reply will show you why they are answered and where.

Quote:


You are of course a prime example of this; you state with apparent absolute certainty and conviction that you are aware exactly what God / Jesus does and doesn't want,


As above the bible tells us some solid truths which are unmovable and unchanging about God.
1. God is everywhere... no place to escape his presence.(omnipresent)
Psalm 139:7-12. Jeremiah 23:23-24.

2. God is all-powerful. Nothing he cannot do. (omnipotent)
Genesis 17:1; Job 42:1-2 & Jeremiah 32:17.

3. God knows everything there is to know. (Omniscient)
Psalm 139:1-6 Henrews 4:12-13.

4. God is eternal... Isaiah 44:6; Malachi 3:6 & James 1:17.


These four truths cannot change and no matter what people teach, if it is contrary to these truths, then it does not come from God.
So what I say is based on two things. What Christ says and what the Prophets confirm about those things based in the teachings of God.


Quote:

what He would and wouldn't do, and you often give opinions that are at odds with those of other Christians.


Again, not at odds but based in the basic truth of God these people can be proved to be wrong.

Example:
Christ says, Matthew 24:35-37.

35.Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

36.But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37.But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.


Point 3 above God knows all things.
Christ was a man he was a human being. Jesus Christ came in the flesh.
Acts 10:35-46. Peter confirms that Jesus was a man chosen by God.
1 John 4  &
2 John 1:7For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
Luke 1:35.

Christ was not God made flesh he was the Son of God.
God spoke directly through Christ. His words being Spirit and being life.
If God knows everything... then Christ could not be God, unless he was lying when spoke in Matthew 24:35-37.

It is clear from the Prophets, Jesus Christ (himself) and the Apostles that Jesus was not to be known as God. But as Deut 18:15 -20 shows, God spoke through him.

So whilst I may differ about beliefs, it is based on what is already taught.
I was raised with the Trinity belief of 500 years ago. But God taught me differently and let me see who Christ really is and why he does not know all things as God does.

Quote:

 As outside observers, we non-believers tend to see lots of conflicting accounts, egotistical self-aggrandisement and a total inability to admit to perfectly normal ignorance and uncertainty.


It isn't about what denominations or mens teachings with me.
It is about a personal relationship with God based in truth and his Spirit.
A true believer is sealed with his Spirit but they can be taught without being indwelt. Christ telling Peter and the Disciples they did know the Holy Spirit but that eventually he would dwell in them. Believers can be taught by the Spirit before being indwelt by him. The problem with denominations is that they build barriers between a person and God.
One way- it's meaning = belief in Jesus Christ and Acts 10:35-46 showing it is about acceptance of the truth about Christ.

I can only speak from the personal relationship side.
The truth as God reveals it to me and the fact that they are based in solid understanding and teachings of the Prophets, Jesus Christ and the Apostles.  There are things I have yet to learn but somethings  I have to test  in order to know if they are right. You see if God has already told us he knows all things. Would I really have faith and believe him, if I said Jesus was God and yet he did not even know the hour or day of his return? Should I ask God and expect him to explain when he has already told us, that Christ is the Son of God and is to be known as such?


Love Lynne.xx

Dave B

Same old, same old . . .
Judders Lady...

Dave B wrote:
Same old, same old . . .


Okay...give us your explanation of why and what is the same old, same old.

After all, you wouldn't want us to think you were just stirring the pot would you? I deliberately answered differently even curtailed the  length of the post.

What is the same old, same old, is your reaction and reply.

Love Lynne.xx    
Dave B

"Same old, same old . . ." means that, if one were sufficiently arsed to do so, one could almost certainly find the same answer (maybe in a slightly different format - but still meaningless to all but yourself) several times over throughout your posting history.

And no, I am not bothered about it enough to do so, in this case I will rely on my memory. That is why many do not bother to read your posts, Judders, we have heard it all so many times it is just background noise.

Time to tune out the noise and look for the meaningful signals I think.
Rocca Vagges

Judders Lady... wrote:
Dave B wrote:
Same old, same old . . .


Okay...give us your explanation of why and what is the same old, same old.

After all, you wouldn't want us to think you were just stirring the pot would you? I deliberately answered differently even curtailed the  length of the post.

What is the same old, same old, is your reaction and reply.

Love Lynne.xx    


You are just using a collection of texts (which you believe to be the word of god) to try and prove the existence of god, and if as you claim that this god knows everything, that he is Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent then he would have been fully aware that his special creation ‘mankind’ would stumble and fall, he would have seen the rise of evil in heaven, he would have seen those despicable destroyers of innocence the Paedophiles and child rapists and abusers, he would have seen all those cruel dictators of history and how they mistreated their fellow humans he would have seen how the very earth itself is a dangerous place to all life, and he still did it this way!, Do you honestly think that an all-powerful deity capable of creating life the universe and everything would make such a ham of it?

Come back with proof of god, any god will do
Judders Lady...

Dave B wrote:
"Same old, same old . . ." means that, if one were sufficiently arsed to do so, one could almost certainly find the same answer (maybe in a slightly different format - but still meaningless to all but yourself) several times over throughout your posting history.


Who was it who said...
Quote:
Now, if a real, sincere, consistent believer,
 Oh I forgot you are following Duck on this one...
The same word 'arsed' find what in posts? If I am a consistent believer in my posts then I must be sincere. Or are you going to change your mind again?

Quote:


And no, I am not bothered about it enough to do so, in this case I will rely on my memory. That is why many do not bother to read your posts, Judders, we have heard it all so many times it is just background noise.

Time to tune out the noise and look for the meaningful signals I think.


You got no memory... Ooops shall I show you the truth?
How many of my posts have your replied to in the last 48 hours?
At which point did you start copying the duck?
Your nose is brown. At least have some dignity and shame the devil by telling the truth. You got wummed and it shows.

Love Lynne.xx
Dave B

Quote:
Oh I forgot you are following Duck on this one...
The same word 'arsed' find what in posts? If I am a consistent believer in my posts then I must be sincere. Or are you going to change your mind again?
I have to admit that "arsed" is not a word I often use - but it did seem appropriate here.

That you believe, consistently or otherwise, in your own posts is not a measure of sincerity. Sincerity is the measure of the consistency between one action and another by the same person. Hatred can be sincere as well as love.

But, those who say things about another, in a destructive rather than constructive way, then, just out of pure habit probably, sign off with love and kisses looks pretty lacking in consistent sincerity to me.

Do you love us all then Lynne? Going to cover my hairy chops in kisses if we meet? (Hope not  !)
Judders Lady...

Rocca Vagges wrote:
Judders Lady... wrote:
Dave B wrote:
Same old, same old . . .


Okay...give us your explanation of why and what is the same old, same old.

After all, you wouldn't want us to think you were just stirring the pot would you? I deliberately answered differently even curtailed the  length of the post.

What is the same old, same old, is your reaction and reply.

Love Lynne.xx    


You are just using a collection of texts (which you believe to be the word of god) to try and prove the existence of god,



Take me on and prove it...
Come on... take me on and prove it...
Do you want to know something. You cannot take me on because you cannot prove my faith is based on on texts alone and you do not even know the contents of the biblical  text so how would you substantiate your accusation?

Besides Val who would have thought you would stumble so carelessly
into traps laid by others?


You see I cannot fail because I believe my God who is with me is real.
So being truthful if he failed to do as he says he will. I can walk away from him because he failed to do as he said. My honesty would demand that. I might never stop feeling his presence but if he was unfaithful then he is not true, is he?

Quote:


and if as you claim that this god knows everything, that he is Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent then he would have been fully aware that his special creation ‘mankind’ would stumble and fall, he would have seen the rise of evil in heaven, he would have seen those despicable destroyers of innocence the Paedophiles and child rapists and abusers, he would have seen all those cruel dictators of history and how they mistreated their fellow humans he would have seen how the very earth itself is a dangerous place to all life, and he still did it this way!,



So God sees all the above... Tell me, if these things make living a bad thing for every individual alive, then why haven't we just blown the world up?  God knew man would fall and all the things he would do... We ourselves know that mankind is going to go on doing these things. So why haven't we killed everyone? Why do we allow the world to carry on?
Do you see what is wrong with such a poor argument and reasoning.
We live in that world but we still enjoy life and being part of the good things in that world. Why would God destroy the good because of the evil?
So he has made a way to save the good and destroy the evil when the time is right. So no! We did it our way and he saved us, his way.


Quote:

Do you honestly think that an all-powerful deity capable of creating life the universe and everything would make such a ham of it?

Come back with proof of god, any god will do


Men, like yourself, make the ham of it...

God just ensured the good bits could be saved.

Proof of God... When you know the texts you will know how to get the proof for yourself. Typical of men, they want God to do everything for them.

Love Lynne.xx
Judders Lady...

Dave B wrote:
Quote:
Oh I forgot you are following Duck on this one...
The same word 'arsed' find what in posts? If I am a consistent believer in my posts then I must be sincere. Or are you going to change your mind again?
I have to admit that "arsed" is not a word I often use - but it did seem appropriate here.

That you believe, consistently or otherwise, in your own posts is not a measure of sincerity. Sincerity is the measure of the consistency between one action and another by the same person. Hatred can be sincere as well as love.


You got the 'arsed' bit right, you are talking through it to try and cover your tracks. It was never appropriate for you to use with me.
And nothing will make it so.  My sincerity is that I do as I say I do.
I don't lie or pretend by holding things back. If I have anything to say, I say to your face not behind your back.
I do not hate any person. God is my judge on that one.
Quote:

But, those who say things about another, in a destructive rather than constructive way, then, just out of pure habit probably, sign off with love and kisses looks pretty lacking in consistent sincerity to me.


My posts will only contain the reply to what is sent me.
You made this about insults and so did Smittims and Puke.
So when you get less than your own medicine by means of an  answer back you don't like. You have the cheek to try and shift the guilt from yourself. If anything I am sincere whereas you are not.
Quote:

Do you love us all then Lynne?

YUP!     but not all in the same way.

Quote:

Going to cover my hairy chops in kisses if we meet? (Hope not  !)



You are perfectly safe. I have no plans to kiss or meet you...
 
Dave B

Quote:
It was never appropriate for you to use with me.
Why ever not - it is a merely a "cacophemism" for "bothered".

Crude, but there are times when resorting to such expresses one's feelings more accurately.
Rocca Vagges

Judders Lady... wrote:
Rocca Vagges wrote:
Judders Lady... wrote:
Dave B wrote:
Same old, same old . . .


Okay...give us your explanation of why and what is the same old, same old.

After all, you wouldn't want us to think you were just stirring the pot would you? I deliberately answered differently even curtailed the  length of the post.

What is the same old, same old, is your reaction and reply.

Love Lynne.xx    


You are just using a collection of texts (which you believe to be the word of god) to try and prove the existence of god,



Take me on and prove it...
Come on... take me on and prove it...
Do you want to know something. You cannot take me on because you cannot prove my faith is based on on texts alone and you do not even know the contents of the biblical  text so how would you substantiate your accusation?

Besides Val who would have thought you would stumble so carelessly
into traps laid by others?


You see I cannot fail because I believe my God who is with me is real.
So being truthful if he failed to do as he says he will. I can walk away from him because he failed to do as he said. My honesty would demand that. I might never stop feeling his presence but if he was unfaithful then he is not true, is he?

Quote:


and if as you claim that this god knows everything, that he is Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent then he would have been fully aware that his special creation ‘mankind’ would stumble and fall, he would have seen the rise of evil in heaven, he would have seen those despicable destroyers of innocence the Paedophiles and child rapists and abusers, he would have seen all those cruel dictators of history and how they mistreated their fellow humans he would have seen how the very earth itself is a dangerous place to all life, and he still did it this way!,



So God sees all the above... Tell me, if these things make living a bad thing for every individual alive, then why haven't we just blown the world up?  God knew man would fall and all the things he would do... We ourselves know that mankind is going to go on doing these things. So why haven't we killed everyone? Why do we allow the world to carry on?
Do you see what is wrong with such a poor argument and reasoning.
We live in that world but we still enjoy life and being part of the good things in that world. Why would God destroy the good because of the evil?
So he has made a way to save the good and destroy the evil when the time is right. So no! We did it our way and he saved us, his way.


Quote:

Do you honestly think that an all-powerful deity capable of creating life the universe and everything would make such a ham of it?

Come back with proof of god, any god will do


Men, like yourself, make the ham of it...

God just ensured the good bits could be saved.

Proof of God... When you know the texts you will know how to get the proof for yourself. Typical of men, they want God to do everything for them.

Love Lynne.xx



If by chance of birth you were born in Saudi Arabia into a devout Muslim family where you had no chance to read the bible or the Christian texts could you honestly say that you would be a christian today?

You see you were influenced by your peers and the reading matter that you had access to and through this you became a Christian just like everyone else, now take away the bible and the culture and you could have become anything from a Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Jain, Jew or Wicca or any of the other colourful religions in between
Judders Lady...

Rocca Vagges wrote:



If by chance of birth you were born in Saudi Arabia into a devout Muslim family where you had no chance to read the bible or the Christian texts could you honestly say that you would be a christian today?


Still doesn't answer the questions?

I wasn't born in Saudia Arabia...  I am a believer because of God.
I cannot honestly say or believe that knowing God, he would not have lead me to the same faith I now have.
But if there had been no God known to me then I would have found a way to escape that life and become an atheist.




Quote:

You see you were influenced by your peers and the reading matter that you had access to and through this you became a Christian


This is untrue. I believed and knew God before I had read any reading material or been influenced by any outside influence. In fact, it was God working through me that caused my parents and family to take a real look at themselves and their beliefs. So I can hold my hands up and say it was just the fact that God was there, that I am a believer today.


Quote:

just like everyone else, now take away the bible and the culture and you could have become anything from a Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Jain, Jew or Wicca or any of the other colourful religions in between


In all honesty! it is like saying... if God existed he would be the God of the muslim etc. When the truth is that Gods existence like my faith is not dependent on these things existing but solely on Gods existence as a person being truth.
Would God, when  having chosen me to know him, before I was born have put me into a faith which worships a false god? Would he then have been dishonest enough to pretend to be a god from a false religion?
Do you see the problem with your way of thinking?
Why would any deity who had revealed himself as YHWH did, profess to be anything less than himself?

I can only go from the truth about my own faith. God is real to me and he chose me to be born where I was born and he revealed himself as God the person to me. God being real made sure he knew the name he wanted me to know him by and the things he would like me to know.
But I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God because of the God I know.
I believe that faith is about knowing God and this makes the difference in the way I behave and what I do.

Not always easy to explain to others...

You still need to answer the questions...

Love Lynne.xx




Leonard James

Give it up, Val.

Lynne is, I fear, totally enclosed in her comfy cocoon of delusion and quite incapable of seeing through the web of nonsense she has woven round herself.

I think she probably does more good than harm, so best leave her to it.
Dave B

Hey, Leonard, I just clicked on your URL for the first time and got a "possible virus" warning.

I will admit that my security seems to be stuck on maximum, so it could just be my virus checker being paranoid!
Farmer Geddon

As usual Lynne - so many words; so little meaning!!
Farmer Geddon

Dave B wrote:
Hey, Leonard, I just clicked on your URL for the first time and got a "possible virus" warning.

I will admit that my security seems to be stuck on maximum, so it could just be my virus checker being paranoid!


What??  Lenny is a virus - wash your mouth out Dave B....  LOL
Leonard James

Hi Dave,
Dave B wrote:
Hey, Leonard, I just clicked on your URL for the first time and got a "possible virus" warning.

I will admit that my security seems to be stuck on maximum, so it could just be my virus checker being paranoid!

Yours is the first notification I have had of such a possibility, and frankly I have no idea how to check it out. My page is stored with my ISP, which is telefonica, the main Spanish telephone company.

Can anybody advise me how to check it?
Pukon_the_Treen

I'm not getting any warnings LJ; I wouldn't worry about it.
Leonard James

Pukon_the_Treen wrote:
I'm not getting any warnings LJ; I wouldn't worry about it.

OK, fellow M.o.K, many thanks for checking.  

Leonard.
Farmer Geddon

Len...  I have tried your page with AVG internet security on full on max attack and it still lets me see your page.. (both on I.E. and 'FireFox').

I'm guessing Dave uses Norton, or even worse McAfee.....  more fool him...  
Leonard James

Lucifers Duck wrote:
Len...  I have tried your page with AVG internet security on full on max attack and it still lets me see your page.. (both on I.E. and 'FireFox').

I'm guessing Dave uses Norton, or even worse McAfee.....  more fool him...  

Thanks, Luci! I don't really know much about the technicalities of these things, but I would assume that Telefonica have there own way of ensuring that pages stored with them are virus free ... or am I being naive?
Dave B

Quote:
I'm guessing Dave uses Norton, or even worse McAfee.....  more fool him...
That's grounds for usb memory sticks at dawn, and I have a BIG one!

This here Dell (yes, I admit to being that silly) laptop came with McAfee and it took me a long time to find a removal tool (no uninstall supplied) to get rid of the bluddy nag screens.

I stick with my trusted Avira - but AVG was a fave for a long time.

Still getting the warning - but, as I said, I can't get the security off the top mark, though it has caused no problems with .pdf's, which is often a case with too high a fence to jump.

Worry not, your site stays where it is put once I tell the system to deny access to the problem bit Len.
Samuel Vimes

Lucifers Duck wrote:
Dave B wrote:
Hey, Leonard, I just clicked on your URL for the first time and got a "possible virus" warning.

I will admit that my security seems to be stuck on maximum, so it could just be my virus checker being paranoid!


What??  Lenny is a virus


Surely he's a meme.  
Judders Lady...

Samuel Vimes wrote:
Lucifers Duck wrote:
Dave B wrote:
Hey, Leonard, I just clicked on your URL for the first time and got a "possible virus" warning.

I will admit that my security seems to be stuck on maximum, so it could just be my virus checker being paranoid!


What??  Lenny is a virus


Surely he's a meme.  


Samuel Vimes, why do you pretend to be a man?

Love Lynne.xx
Pukon_the_Treen

Quote:
Samuel Vimes, why do you pretend to be a man?


Oh no, she's in one of those moods again.  Are we due another wave of her alter egos, like a tribe of little monkeys, singing her praises and attacking her enemies, claiming to know people from other forums, making wild accusations and elaborate pantomimes of innocence and guilt and switching genders and names at a whim?  More DRAMA than a bloody opera.  

It doesn't matter what gender anyone is Lynne; I'm not actually a Great Old One from sunken R'lyeh.  Can't we just stick to discussing the subjects?
Judders Lady...

Pukon_the_Treen wrote:
Quote:
Samuel Vimes, why do you pretend to be a man?

BLAH!   BLAH!   BLAH!   BLAH!   BLAH!   BLAH!   BLAH!

what his post really says...edited by Lynne. Leading the way for those who can't.



Now ain't that the truth...        

My Question is fair and it is sensible and even honest.
Why does she pretend to be a man?
Why does she pretend she is not known by anyone and more to the point why do others pretend they do not know her?

Want to see insincerity. Look in a mirror. What I said did not in anyway
give you the right to spout such utter tripe and guile.
Now put and shut up and stop proving to everyone you really are a  prat.

Love Lynne.xx
Pukon_the_Treen

Ahh, I was just teasing you, you sanctimonious asshat.
Judders Lady...

Pukon_the_Treen wrote:
Ahh, I was just teasing you, you sanctimonious asshat.



Really? Couldn't tell. Which part was the tease?  

If you were sincere you would have apologised and said, " I am just kidding Lynne,"  and added a smilie not an insult.
Forgive me, for not seeing it your way when all you do is add insult to injury by proceeding in the same manner and so cannot be seen to be teasing at any point in this discussion.
Give me one good reason given your history why it should have been seen to be different. Had it been a smiley and the 'just kidding' I would have laughed it off with you. But don't play me for an idiot. I know when someone is sincere. Look at the other night. I apologised when I got it wrong. That is what sincere people do.

Pukon_the_Treen

Quote:
If you were sincere you would have apologised and said, " I am just kidding Lynne,"  and added a smilie not an insult.


Hardly.  I never use smilies - too 'cutesy' and friendly.  Humour doesn't have to be cutesy and friendly; I like deadpan humour, online and in real life, so that that no one can ever really tell if you are joking or not.
Leonard James

Judders Lady... wrote:

If you were sincere you would have apologised and said, " I am just kidding Lynne,"  and added a smilie not an insult.
Forgive me, for not seeing it your way when all you do is add insult to injury by proceeding in the same manner and so cannot be seen to be teasing at any point in this discussion.
Give me one good reason given your history why it should have been seen to be different. Had it been a smiley and the 'just kidding' I would have laughed it off with you. But don't play me for an idiot. I know when someone is sincere. Look at the other night. I apologised when I got it wrong. That is what sincere people do.


Morning Lynne,

I think you should really take some time off from posting and seek help. You are constantly accusing people of getting at you, and you appear to believe that all of us are insincere, spiteful liars and that you are the only one that isn't. That is paranoia.

Save yourself the bother of posting an answer full of injured innocence, Bible quotes and 'what God has told you', because I am now well aware of your tactics, and have become completely impervious to them.
Judders Lady...

Leonard James wrote:
Judders Lady... wrote:

If you were sincere you would have apologised and said, " I am just kidding Lynne,"  and added a smilie not an insult.
Forgive me, for not seeing it your way when all you do is add insult to injury by proceeding in the same manner and so cannot be seen to be teasing at any point in this discussion.
Give me one good reason given your history why it should have been seen to be different. Had it been a smiley and the 'just kidding' I would have laughed it off with you. But don't play me for an idiot. I know when someone is sincere. Look at the other night. I apologised when I got it wrong. That is what sincere people do.


Morning Lynne,

I think you should really take some time off from posting and seek help. You are constantly accusing people of getting at you, and you appear to believe that all of us are insincere, spiteful liars and that you are the only one that isn't. That is paranoia.

Save yourself the bother of posting an answer full of injured innocence, Bible quotes and 'what God has told you', because I am now well aware of your tactics, and have become completely impervious to them.


I POSTED :

Quote:
Samuel Vimes, why do you pretend to be a man?

Love Lynne.xx


PUKE POSTED:
Quote:

Pukon_the_Treen  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject:
Quote:
Samuel Vimes, why do you pretend to be a man?


Oh no, she's in one of those moods again.  Are we due another wave of her alter egos, like a tribe of little monkeys, singing her praises and attacking her enemies, claiming to know people from other forums, making wild accusations and elaborate pantomimes of innocence and guilt and switching genders and names at a whim?  More DRAMA than a bloody opera.  

It doesn't matter what gender anyone is Lynne; I'm not actually a Great Old One from sunken R'lyeh.  Can't we just stick to discussing the subjects?



At least try and be honest given the evidence.

I asked a simple question. Why is a woman posing as a man?
The reaction shows that you all knew this, too.
However what I wrote in no way could be construde in the false accusation made by Puke.

Maybe you need time off from the forum to get rid of your bias.

Love Lynne.xx


Lucifer should know by now. God the devil? Who is going to win?
God... why? because he knows the truth.
He is the one who knows everything...

So I would not waste my time doing the usual expected WUM reactions...
Sorry guys too busy dealing with the truth to get involved in your delusional and make believe attack on others.
In future you will have to find someone else to amuse you.
Leonard James

Judders Lady... wrote:
In future you will have to find someone else to amuse you.

I hope that means you are going to take my advice, Lynne, and have a rest from posting for a while.
Pukon_the_Treen

Quote:
I asked a simple question. Why is a woman posing as a man?
The reaction shows that you all knew this, too.


Usual paranoia.  I have no idea as to the gender of anyone here, including you, because I haven't met or spoken to anyone here.  I don't care what gender anyone else is, why do you always make such a big deal about this kind of thing?

Quote:
However what I wrote in no way could be construde in the false accusation made by Puke.


I simply made a mocking suggestion that you were about to go 'off on one' again.  I made no false accusation; I was just taking this piss because the pointless trivial DRAMA of who people are and what they might be saying about you seems so desperatly important to you.

Quote:
Lucifer should know by now. God the devil? Who is going to win?
God... why? because he knows the truth.
He is the one who knows everything...

So I would not waste my time doing the usual expected WUM reactions...
Sorry guys too busy dealing with the truth to get involved in your delusional and make believe attack on others.
In future you will have to find someone else to amuse you.


While you continue to post this kind of gibbering, paranoid, sanctimonious asshattery on this forum I will continue to be amused by your antics.
Leonard James

Leonard James wrote:
Judders Lady... wrote:
In future you will have to find someone else to amuse you.

I hope that means you are going to take my advice, Lynne, and have a rest from posting for a while.

Forlorn hope!
Judders Lady...

Leonard James wrote:
Judders Lady... wrote:
In future you will have to find someone else to amuse you.

I hope that means you are going to take my advice, Lynne, and have a rest from posting for a while.


It means I am going to ignore all posts contents which stray from the threads topic theme.


Love Lynne.xx
Rocca Vagges

Judders Lady... wrote:
Rocca Vagges wrote:



If by chance of birth you were born in Saudi Arabia into a devout Muslim family where you had no chance to read the bible or the Christian texts could you honestly say that you would be a christian today?


Still doesn't answer the questions?

I wasn't born in Saudia Arabia...  I am a believer because of God.
I cannot honestly say or believe that knowing God, he would not have lead me to the same faith I now have.
But if there had been no God known to me then I would have found a way to escape that life and become an atheist.




Quote:

You see you were influenced by your peers and the reading matter that you had access to and through this you became a Christian


This is untrue. I believed and knew God before I had read any reading material or been influenced by any outside influence. In fact, it was God working through me that caused my parents and family to take a real look at themselves and their beliefs. So I can hold my hands up and say it was just the fact that God was there, that I am a believer today.


Quote:

just like everyone else, now take away the bible and the culture and you could have become anything from a Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Jain, Jew or Wicca or any of the other colourful religions in between


In all honesty! it is like saying... if God existed he would be the God of the muslim etc. When the truth is that Gods existence like my faith is not dependent on these things existing but solely on Gods existence as a person being truth.
Would God, when  having chosen me to know him, before I was born have put me into a faith which worships a false god? Would he then have been dishonest enough to pretend to be a god from a false religion?
Do you see the problem with your way of thinking?
Why would any deity who had revealed himself as YHWH did, profess to be anything less than himself?

I can only go from the truth about my own faith. God is real to me and he chose me to be born where I was born and he revealed himself as God the person to me. God being real made sure he knew the name he wanted me to know him by and the things he would like me to know.
But I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God because of the God I know.
I believe that faith is about knowing God and this makes the difference in the way I behave and what I do.

Not always easy to explain to others...

You still need to answer the questions...

Love Lynne.xx






You believe in a god who chooses people before they are born, a god who puts people into different faiths, now that is some god, what about freewill?  
And you called your god YHWH where did you learn that name from do you mean the Hebrew letters, Yod, He, Waw and He?
Tell me how do you pronounce this name?

You are the answer to the question; you are a Christian because of outside influences, simples
Judders Lady...

Rocca Vagges wrote:
Judders Lady... wrote:
Rocca Vagges wrote:



If by chance of birth you were born in Saudi Arabia into a devout Muslim family where you had no chance to read the bible or the Christian texts could you honestly say that you would be a christian today?


Still doesn't answer the questions?

I wasn't born in Saudia Arabia...  I am a believer because of God.
I cannot honestly say or believe that knowing God, he would not have lead me to the same faith I now have.
But if there had been no God known to me then I would have found a way to escape that life and become an atheist.




Quote:

You see you were influenced by your peers and the reading matter that you had access to and through this you became a Christian


This is untrue. I believed and knew God before I had read any reading material or been influenced by any outside influence. In fact, it was God working through me that caused my parents and family to take a real look at themselves and their beliefs. So I can hold my hands up and say it was just the fact that God was there, that I am a believer today.


Quote:

just like everyone else, now take away the bible and the culture and you could have become anything from a Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Jain, Jew or Wicca or any of the other colourful religions in between


In all honesty! it is like saying... if God existed he would be the God of the muslim etc. When the truth is that Gods existence like my faith is not dependent on these things existing but solely on Gods existence as a person being truth.
Would God, when  having chosen me to know him, before I was born have put me into a faith which worships a false god? Would he then have been dishonest enough to pretend to be a god from a false religion?
Do you see the problem with your way of thinking?
Why would any deity who had revealed himself as YHWH did, profess to be anything less than himself?

I can only go from the truth about my own faith. God is real to me and he chose me to be born where I was born and he revealed himself as God the person to me. God being real made sure he knew the name he wanted me to know him by and the things he would like me to know.
But I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God because of the God I know.
I believe that faith is about knowing God and this makes the difference in the way I behave and what I do.

Not always easy to explain to others...

You still need to answer the questions...

Love Lynne.xx






You believe in a god who chooses people before they are born, a god who puts people into different faiths, now that is some god, what about freewill?  
And you called your god YHWH where did you learn that name from do you mean the Hebrew letters, Yod, He, Waw and He?
Tell me how do you pronounce this name?

You are the answer to the question; you are a Christian because of outside influences, simples


Can't answer so you fly into subterfuge and trying to brainwash people into your wrong held opinions and beliefs.

The Christian world is quite safe whilst men rely on such ignorance and arrogance as an argument.

Love Lynne.xx
Dave B

Can't answer so you fly into subterfuge and trying to brainwash people into your wrong held opinions and beliefs.
says Judders Lady . . .
Judders Lady...

Dave B wrote:
Can't answer so you fly into subterfuge and trying to brainwash people into your wrong held opinions and beliefs.
says Judders Lady . . .




Yup! Because Judder Lady... isn't WUM's fodder.
Whose unseen hands are pulling your unseen strings.
I am so glad I can think for myself.

Love Lynne.xx
Leonard James

Judders Lady... wrote:
I am so glad I can think for myself.

Oh, the irony of it!  
Samuel Vimes

Judders Lady... wrote:


Samuel Vimes, why do you pretend to be a man?

Love Lynne.xx


It's something to do with the swinging cock and hairy balls I think.

Although that could just be a side-effect of the HRT.
Judders Lady...

Samuel Vimes wrote:
Judders Lady... wrote:


Samuel Vimes, why do you pretend to be a man?

Love Lynne.xx


It's something to do with the swinging cock and hairy balls I think.

Although that could just be a side-effect of the HRT.


Whatever floats your boat...
Ketty

For some reason, in my mind's eye I have an image of:





Kicking one of these:






Dave B



I'll vote this for the best joke post of the year so far!
IvyOwl

Dave B wrote:


I'll vote this for the best joke post of the year so far!


Seconded!      
Ketty

It was unintentional, but aye thangyu.  

       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Atheist chat
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum