Archive for nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 



       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> All faiths and none
Lexilogio

Sharing the Joy

Today, at work, we have had a kitchen full of food. It was all provided by a Muslim colleague (who had taken the day as annual leave) who was celebrating Eid.

Now clearly, none of the rest of us were celebrating Eid. But I have to say, the food was lovely. And there is something really nice about sharing the joy of one religious festival with others who may not even be a part of the religion.
Shaker

I agree - I always think that when the pagans share their Yule with the Christians  
IvyOwl

None of the Pagans I know of see their religion as being the 'one true way' so for them it's not too big a deal.  It's much more heartening to see  one true wayists coming together.
Shaker

IvyOwl wrote:
None of the Pagans I know of see their religion as being the 'one true way'

Very, very true. It's not in their book (so to speak) as it is with the Abrahamic religions - it's seemingly an almost inescapable outgrowth of monotheism.

Quote:
It's much more heartening to see  one true wayists coming together.

It's heartening when it happens, as there's so much ranged against it.
Powwow

Where do I go for a free pagan smorg? Not to one of their solstice orgies I pray.
IvyOwl

What's a 'smorg' and more to the point what's a 'free pagan one'? Never heard mention of them and other than in some peoples fevered imagination never heard about a solstice orgy either.  

Well obviously I've heard about them .... mainly from across the pond Christians funnily enough but none of my Pagan friends indulge in them. They are irritated by the lies perpetrated on that score but if people can't be bothered to inform themsleves that's up to them.
Powwow

So the pagans that do partake in orgies are liars then Ivy?
Powwow

http://www.nowpublic.com/culture/...-sex-rites-practiced-modern-times
IvyOwl

It's funny how the later day pagans aren't half as interested in other peoples sex lives as Christians are.

I've no doubt that there are some people somewhere calling themselves pagans who indulge in fertility rites which other may or may not refer to as an orgy ... so what? If the adults taking part are consenting what's the problem. Wouldn't appeal to me.

Doing a ritual skyclad is not the same as having an orgy ... you do know that don't you?
Shaker

IvyOwl wrote:
It's funny how the later day pagans aren't half as interested in other peoples sex lives as Christians are.

You read my mind there, Ivy. I was just thinking exactly the same thing! From the same poster, within the last 24 hours or so:

Quote:
solstice orgies


Quote:
pagans that do partake in orgies


Quote:
Is your rectum designed for intercourse Shaker?


As Stephen Fry so aptly put it in a debate a few years back (in this same context), the only people obsessed with food are anorexics and the morbidly obese.

*

Quote:
I've no doubt that there are some people somewhere calling themselves pagans who indulge in fertility rites which other may or may not refer to as an orgy ... so what? If the adults taking part are consenting what's the problem.


Well, absolutely.

Quote:
Wouldn't appeal to me.


I gave up going to orgies some time ago. It became too confusing, never knowing who to say thank you to on the way out.

Quote:
Doing a ritual skyclad is not the same as having an orgy ... you do know that don't you?

I wouldn't put much money on it  
gone

It is our girl's annual church BBQ at her vicarage next Sunday. Her father has been getting her garden in good order for the event, and her Mummy will be manning the kettle and the sink. If I am lucky a hot dog or burger might find its way into the kitchen!
IvyOwl

Shaker,

Quote:
I gave up going to orgies some time ago. It became too confusing, never knowing who to say thank you to on the way out.


You mean you didn't just stand there looking all smug with a smile of self-satisfaction acknowledging the thanks of the others as they left? Well there we are then.
Lexilogio

Floo wrote:
It is our girl's annual church BBQ at her vicarage next Sunday. Her father has been getting her garden in good order for the event, and her Mummy will be manning the kettle and the sink. If I am lucky a hot dog or burger might find its way into the kitchen!


Hope it goes well. Annual church fairs / barbacues are always important

       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> All faiths and none
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum