Archive for nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 



       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> All faiths and none
Farmer Geddon

So, was Jesus a Jew?

According to the evidence we have: What is the Truth?
Farmer Geddon

.. unless you have evidence that Jesus was/is something other than the obvious.. then the was/is stands.. if your argument is Jesus is"God"  then prove it in Scripture..!!

John is NOT scripture..  for obvious reasons...

Scripture being the "Gospels"...   Struggle you will..

Laugh at you .. Will I....
Derek

Jesus was a Jew. I am a Christian. Jesus was born a Nazerine. He was the literal son of God, the only begotten son of his father in heaven. In my opinion he was not God incarnate, as no such entity exists.
Derek

Jesus was a Jew. I am a Christian. Jesus was born a Nazerine. He was the literal son of God, the only begotten son of his father in heaven. In my opinion he was not God incarnate, as no such entity exists.
cyberman

Of course he was a blinkin' Jew. What a daft question!

Did you genuinely think that anyone would deny it?
Jim

Re: So, was Jesus a Jew?

Er....how the blood and stomach pills could Jesus have been a Christian?
Paul

Farmer Geddon wrote:
.. unless you have evidence that Jesus was/is something other than the obvious.. then the was/is stands.. if your argument is Jesus is"God"  then prove it in Scripture..!!

John is NOT scripture..  for obvious reasons...

Scripture being the "Gospels"...   Struggle you will..

Laugh at you .. Will I....


"Obvious reasons"?
bnabernard

And FG if Jesus was the format of an original man, then was he man before he gave up part of himself to form woman, or was he man minus his rib?

He did seem to have a thing about there being no women in heaven
Innit.

bernard (hug)
Derek

bnabernard wrote:
And FG if Jesus was the format of an original man, then was he man before he gave up part of himself to form woman, or was he man minus his rib?

He did seem to have a thing about there being no women in heaven
Innit.

bernard (hug)


Would it not seem like better logic to consider that DNA was taken from the man's rib, slightly amended, and then used to produce woman. It is no longer such a miracle when you look at it like that, as much as it is a scientific possibility. The amendment is necessary otherwise you would just end up with another man.
The Boyg

bnabernard wrote:
He did seem to have a thing about there being no women in heaven


Did He?

Perhaps you could explain this statement with reference to relevant passages of scripture?
Farmer Geddon

Bernie  
LeClerc

Morning Farmer

Farmer Geddon wrote:
.. unless you have evidence that Jesus was/is something other than the obvious.. then the was/is stands.. if your argument is Jesus is"God"  then prove it in Scripture..!!

John is NOT scripture..  for obvious reasons...

Scripture being the "Gospels"...   Struggle you will..

Laugh at you .. Will I....


Malach 3
“Look! I am sending my messenger
to clear the way before me;


Who is the messenger ?

Regards

LeClerc
Mr Spock

Christians are follows of Christ. There is a hint in the name.
Was Christ a follower of Christ? Is that your question?
Laugh I will.  
cyberman

Mr Spock wrote:
Christians are follows of Christ. There is a hint in the name.
Was Christ a follower of Christ? Is that your question?
Laugh I will.  


Famrer just starts these daft threads, and he never explains what the fuck he was thinking of in the first place when everyone points out what a stupid question it was.
bnabernard

Not that daft realy, Jews worshiped God, according to the 'christian' teaching Jesus was God in which case Jesus had no-one to worship other than to walk round with a mirror going who's the fairest of them all and all that.

bernard (hug)
Mr Spock

cyberman wrote:
Mr Spock wrote:
Christians are follows of Christ. There is a hint in the name.
Was Christ a follower of Christ? Is that your question?
Laugh I will.  


Famrer just starts these daft threads, and he never explains what the fuck he was thinking of in the first place when everyone points out what a stupid question it was.


I'm seeing that
LeClerc

Morning Bernie.


bnabernard wrote:
Not that daft realy, Jews worshiped God, according to the 'christian' teaching Jesus was God in which case Jesus had no-one to worship other than to walk round with a mirror going who's the fairest of them all and all that.

bernard (hug)


According to the Messianic writings YHWH was the Logos.

You can check that for yourself here
http://biblehub.com/interlinear/john/1-1.htm

and the Logos became flesh

You can also check that for yourself here
http://biblehub.com/interlinear/john/1-14.htm

Regards

LeClerc
cyberman

bnabernard wrote:
Not that daft realy, Jews worshiped God, according to the 'christian' teaching Jesus was God in which case Jesus had no-one to worship other than to walk round with a mirror going who's the fairest of them all and all that.

bernard (hug)


That's got nothing at all to do with whether Jesus was a Jew, which he unequivocally was.
bnabernard

cyberman wrote:
bnabernard wrote:
Not that daft realy, Jews worshiped God, according to the 'christian' teaching Jesus was God in which case Jesus had no-one to worship other than to walk round with a mirror going who's the fairest of them all and all that.

bernard (hug)


That's got nothing at all to do with whether Jesus was a Jew, which he unequivocally was.


So what do you reckon then, he was a Jew that worshiped God, or he was a Jew that did not need to worship God?

bernard (hug)
The Boyg

False dichotomy.

Someone can still do something even if they don't need to do it.
bnabernard

The Boyg wrote:
False dichotomy.

Someone can still do something even if they don't need to do it.


False dichotomy, wow

bernard (hug)

       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> All faiths and none
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum