Archive for nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 



       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Christian chat
Lexilogio

Teaching and Learning

Today's Gospel reading was from Luke, Chapter 2, verses 41-52, where Jesus had been thought to have been lost by his parents, but was found in the temple.

In our church, we were talking about how we learn, and what makes a good teacher. We talked about how we were all learning all the time, and all had to be aware that we were always teaching others.

It made me think of here. There are those who both learn and teach, and others who refuse to listen or learn.

One of the people I most learn from at the moment is probably Jim, but I have learnt from many people over the years. Farmer Geddon, for example, knows a great deal about the OT, and I've had some interesting discussions on the Book of Job with him. Sometimes, being challenging, can also lead to learning (although not necessarily in the way anticipated by the "teacher"! I think the discussions strengthened my faith, not the other way around...)

There are also members who haven't posted for a while who I miss, because they would make interesting comments to discussions. I noticed their absence yesterday, when clearing out memberships from those who had never posted, or who were clearly bots. Bev, Dove, Shaft, Paul, Andy (Playground Pigtail Puller, as I first knew him!), Rural Messiah, Leonard James, Miles Sinclair, Tom Cruising, Sam Vimes, Bashful Anthony, Grantus Maximus, to name just a few.... Miles in particular was hugely knowledgeable, and I had some very interesting discussions on the nature of the soul, with him. You might not agree with his conclusions, but the discussions were always interesting.
gone

Where the Bible is concerned it is a matter of opinion. For a start we have no idea if a deity exists, or if anything claimed about Jesus has any veracity. I don 't believe the Bible should be used as a teaching tool, especially as there is so much in it which is very wrong indeed, imo.
Powwow

Hey You,
No more Sunday school for the kiddies? My little nieces love Sunday school, and I'm thankful that they show such desire to be there every Sunday. I remember one Sunday school teacher I had, we loved her so much we were able to keep her, just for our little class, for 5 yrs. Usually you have to move to a new teacher every couple years.
I think my parents and a couple Sunday school teachers were the most important teachers in my life.
Oh, and the Bible is the greatest teaching tool ever written. It remains the best seller.
gone

I HATED Sunday school!
Powwow

I can just picture you as a little girl sitting in Sunday school with a grumpy face. lol
Was it the Jesus wants me for a sunbeam song?
Jim

Atteq;
Join the club!
I detested Sunday School as well...but you had to go to be a member of the Junior Section of the Boys' Brigade.
I ditched it when I turned ten...and never regretted doing so.
Mind you, later, in my twenties, I was a S.S. teacher - but I did things a lot differently to the way I was forced to endure them!

Now, though, I enjoy both leading and participating in Bible Study with a range of believers.
I never want to stop learning.
Paul

Re: Teaching and Learning

Lexilogio wrote:
There are also members who haven't posted for a while who I miss, because they would make interesting comments to discussions. I noticed their absence yesterday, when clearing out memberships from those who had never posted, or who were clearly bots. Bev, Dove, Shaft, Paul, Andy (Playground Pigtail Puller, as I first knew him!), Rural Messiah, Leonard James, Miles Sinclair, Tom Cruising, Sam Vimes, Bashful Anthony, Grantus Maximus, to name just a few.... Miles in particular was hugely knowledgeable, and I had some very interesting discussions on the nature of the soul, with him. You might not agree with his conclusions, but the discussions were always interesting.


I come on here every day but to be honest, most of the topics being discussed at the moment aren't of much interest to me (especially the ones concerning JW doctrine). I've never really been much of a thread starter. I'd like to get involved in more discussions though if and when the right topics come up.
Lexilogio

Re: Teaching and Learning

Paul wrote:
Lexilogio wrote:
There are also members who haven't posted for a while who I miss, because they would make interesting comments to discussions. I noticed their absence yesterday, when clearing out memberships from those who had never posted, or who were clearly bots. Bev, Dove, Shaft, Paul, Andy (Playground Pigtail Puller, as I first knew him!), Rural Messiah, Leonard James, Miles Sinclair, Tom Cruising, Sam Vimes, Bashful Anthony, Grantus Maximus, to name just a few.... Miles in particular was hugely knowledgeable, and I had some very interesting discussions on the nature of the soul, with him. You might not agree with his conclusions, but the discussions were always interesting.


I come on here every day but to be honest, most of the topics being discussed at the moment aren't of much interest to me (especially the ones concerning JW doctrine). I've never really been much of a thread starter. I'd like to get involved in more discussions though if and when the right topics come up.


Hello Paul! It's lovely to hear from you again.

I agree, I've not been particularly interested in the JW arguments. But we used to have some interesting discussions around the development and history of the church.
Ketty

Re: Teaching and Learning

Lexilogio wrote:
Paul wrote:
Lexilogio wrote:
There are also members who haven't posted for a while who I miss, because they would make interesting comments to discussions. I noticed their absence yesterday, when clearing out memberships from those who had never posted, or who were clearly bots. Bev, Dove, Shaft, Paul, Andy (Playground Pigtail Puller, as I first knew him!), Rural Messiah, Leonard James, Miles Sinclair, Tom Cruising, Sam Vimes, Bashful Anthony, Grantus Maximus, to name just a few.... Miles in particular was hugely knowledgeable, and I had some very interesting discussions on the nature of the soul, with him. You might not agree with his conclusions, but the discussions were always interesting.


I come on here every day but to be honest, most of the topics being discussed at the moment aren't of much interest to me (especially the ones concerning JW doctrine). I've never really been much of a thread starter. I'd like to get involved in more discussions though if and when the right topics come up.


Hello Paul! It's lovely to hear from you again.

I agree, I've not been particularly interested in the JW arguments. But we used to have some interesting discussions around the development and history of the church.



Lexi, you're going to have to stop posting things with which I fully agree or I may be accused of sycophancy.  I miss all those posters too; I also agree with Paul re the JW thing; and I'm waving an 'hello' to him.
JamesJah

Our local gangsters down the gym are not too keen on JW.s either

It was Jesus who was the first to say how much JW’s would be hated, when he said.

“If they hated me they will hate you also”
Paul

I have nothing against JW's, James, I just have no interest in discussing JW doctrine. What JW's believe is none of my business.
Lexilogio

JamesJah wrote:
Our local gangsters down the gym are not too keen on JW.s either


No one said they didn't like JW's. What was said was that we weren't interested in the arguments. I'm afraid it all seems blindingly obvious to me, and since you are rarely interested in answering questions, or following a discussion, it becomes tedious. I am not that interested in conversing when it isn't a two way conversation.
JamesJah

How many here are there that are aware that Jesus was a JW by birth?

Jesus was a Hebrew was he not?

Isaiah 43:10
You are my witnesses, is the utterance of Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen,
LeClerc

James

JamesJah wrote:
How many here are there that are aware that Jesus was a JW by birth?

Jesus was a Hebrew was he not?

Isaiah 43:10
You are my witnesses, is the utterance of Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen,


Y'shua was a Hebrew by ''birth'', he was from one of the tribes of Israel, a Yahudi.

The witnesses in the passage you refer too is Israel not the JW organisation.

It can't be the JW's since you do not believe what YHWH goes on to say.

Isaiah 43 verse 10 and 11
That you may know and believe Me,
And understand that I am He.
Before Me there was no God formed,
Nor shall there be after Me.
11 I, even I, am YHWH,
And besides Me there is no savior.


verse 15
I am YHWH, your Holy One,
The Creator of Israel, your King.


Notice what YHWH goes on to say about His witnesses, those who you claim to be

Isaiah 43 verse 23
23 You have not brought Me the sheep for your burnt offerings,
Nor have you honored Me with your sacrifices.


LeClerc
bnabernard

Well LeClerc you will have to stop believing in Yeshua on the strength of that quote as flesh is formed and sustained in being formed in it's growth.

bernard (hug)
LeClerc

Hi Bernie

bnabernard wrote:
Well LeClerc you will have to stop believing in Yeshua on the strength of that quote as flesh is formed and sustained in being formed in it's growth.

bernard (hug)


I believe the scriptures Bernie ?

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and God was The Word.

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

Do you believe the scriptures Bernie ?

LeClerc
bnabernard

Before Me there was no God formed,
Nor shall there be after Me.

but you don't believe this bit?

bernard (hug)
LeClerc

Hi Bernie

bnabernard wrote:
Before Me there was no God formed,
Nor shall there be after Me.

but you don't believe this bit?

bernard (hug)


I believe it 100% Bernie.

The Word (Logos) (Miltha) has always existed.

The Word (Logos) (Miltha) became flesh.

Do you believe the Word always existed Bernie ?

LeClerc
JamesJah

Which bit of the Almighty do you think is the Word LerClerc?

Did you side step this one?
bnabernard

Isaiah 43 verse 10 and 11
That you may know and believe Me,
And understand that I am He.
Before Me there was no God formed,
Nor shall there be after Me.
11 I, even I, am YHWH,
And besides Me there is no savior.

verse 15
I am YHWH, your Holy One,
The Creator of Israel, your King.


Was the word always existing as a man or was the man formed?

bernard (hug)
LeClerc

Hi James

JamesJah wrote:
Which bit of the Almighty do you think is the Word LerClerc?

Did you side step this one?


As scripture teaches James as scripture teaches.

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and God was The Word.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,

Colossians 2 Complete Jewish Bible
8 Watch out, so that no one will take you captive by means of philosophy and empty deceit, following human tradition which accords with the elemental spirits of the world but does not accord with the Messiah. 9 For in him, bodily, lives the fullness of all that God is.

LeClerc
JamesJah

Still with the chestnuts LerClerc?

What is this?>>with the Messiah. 9 For in him, bodily
northernstar

Atteq wrote:
I HATED Sunday school!


Roses, I went once and never again, I was a little atheist, even then!!!
Lexilogio

northernstar wrote:
Atteq wrote:
I HATED Sunday school!


Roses, I went once and never again, I was a little atheist, even then!!!


Hello Northernstar!
LeClerc

Hi James

JamesJah wrote:
Still with the chestnuts LerClerc?

What is this?>>with the Messiah. 9 For in him, bodily


Still denying the truth contained in the scriptures James

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and God was The Word.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,


LeClerc
JamesJah

Who’s law did Jesus obey when he became flesh?
LeClerc

Hi James

JamesJah wrote:
Who’s law did Jesus obey when he became flesh?


What became flesh James ?

LeClerc
JamesJah

That is not the correct answer to the question LerClerc try again.
LeClerc

Hi James

JamesJah wrote:
That is not the correct answer to the question LerClerc try again.


Not correct according to whom James ?

What became flesh James, then the answer becomes clear ?

LeClerc
JamesJah

Almighty God’s first and last creation, now see if you can now move forward.
LeClerc

Hi James

JamesJah wrote:
Almighty God’s first and last creation, now see if you can now move forward.


If you are trying to teach The Word is YHWH's first creation then what did YHWH create His Word out of. The substance out which YHWH formed His Word must be YHWH's first creation therefore your teaching that the Word is YHWH's first creation is incorrect.

The truth is, The Word in substance is YHWH, and YHWH brought forth His Word from out of Himself. That is what the scriptures teach and the WBTS deny.

JamesJah wrote:
That is not the correct answer to the question LerClerc try again.


Not correct according to whom James ?

What became flesh James, then the answer becomes clear ?

LeClerc
JamesJah

A mighty god LerlClerc who else?

Just a little proviso though, NOT the Almighty God ruler of the universe.
LeClerc

Hi James

JamesJah wrote:
A mighty god LerlClerc who else?

Just a little proviso though, NOT the Almighty God ruler of the universe.


How many mighty Gods did obedient Israel worship ?

LeClerc
JamesJah

The Hebrews or Jews LerClerc, kept worshiping Baal on a number of occasions and Dagon a few times.

It was Elijah who proved Ball was not Almighty though did he not?
Jim

However, James, never, in Canaanite, Hittite, Hebrew, or any other contemporary inscription, are dagon, baal  astarte/ashtoreth, etc referred to as either "mighty" or "almighty".
LeClerc

Hi James

JamesJah wrote:
The Hebrews or Jews LerClerc, kept worshiping Baal on a number of occasions and Dagon a few times.

It was Elijah who proved Ball was not Almighty though did he not?


Now answer the question I asked

LeClerc wrote:
Hi James

JamesJah wrote:
A mighty god LerlClerc who else?

Just a little proviso though, NOT the Almighty God ruler of the universe.


How many mighty Gods did obedient Israel worship ?

LeClerc


Note James

How many mighty Gods did obedient Israel worship ?

Leclerc
JamesJah

Mornig LerClerc

I am off out see you later, when I am having to baby sit some one who thinks they are judge of all the earth.
LeClerc

Hi James

JamesJah wrote:
Mornig LerClerc

I am off out see you later, when I am having to baby sit some one who thinks they are judge of all the earth.


Catch you later, the question remains the same.

How many mighty Gods did obedient Israel worship ?

and who do the remnant return too ?

Isaiah 10 NWT
21A mere remnant will return, the remnant of Jacob, to the Mighty God

LeClerc
JamesJah

Looks like the mighty god there LerClerc, not the Almighty one.

They get handed over to the almighty one at the end of the thousand years do they not?
LeClerc

Afteernoon James

JamesJah wrote:
Looks like the mighty god there LerClerc, not the Almighty one.


Isaiah 10 NWT
21A mere remnant will return, the remnant of Jacob, to the Mighty God

And the Name of The Mighty God in the above passage is ?

Still waiting James.

LeClerc
JamesJah

See what happens LerClerc when people stop using names and just use titles how confused the world becomes?
LeClerc

Afternoon James

JamesJah wrote:
See what happens LerClerc when people stop using names and just use titles how confused the world becomes?


JamesJah wrote:
Looks like the mighty god there LerClerc, not the Almighty one.


Isaiah 10 NWT
21A mere remnant will return, the remnant of Jacob, to the Mighty God

And the Name of The Mighty God in the above passage is ?

Still waiting James.

LeClerc

       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Christian chat
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum