Archive for nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 



       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Other religions
Farmer Geddon

The Day Is Coming When Islam Will Rule the World Again:

Saudi Islamic Scholar Muhammad Musa Al-Sharif:
Quote:
Muhammad Musa Al-Sharif: "These events are paving the way for a greater thing to come. They are paving the way for a great Islam that is coming with force, because the world is in need of leadership. The current leadership – communism, capitalism, and so on – has gone bankrupt. Only Islam is left to lead the world. The Prophet Muhammad foretold this clearly in several hadiths. Islamic leadership is coming whether people like it or not. Therefore, we must become soldiers of this emerging leadership. [...]

"We believe in the principle that Islam is suitable for any time or place. In addition, this religion was put to the test, so to speak, and it established an empire, which was magnificent in its power and greatness, as well in the compassion it displayed towards the world, and in its best possible leadership of humanity.

"When after the 16th century, the Islamic nation was removed from power – having been struck by all those tragedies – and others took over the leadership of mankind, we witnessed the worst possible results: oppression, global tyranny, arrogance, and despotism. The only thing that the sheiks, preachers, and scholars are demanding is that Islam rule the world once again."

http://www.memritv.org/clip/en/0/0/0/0/0/0/2842.htm
Samuel Vimes

Rule the world once again?
Farmer Geddon

Their world Sam...  they are going to rule their world once again, surely!!
Samuel Vimes

Farmer Geddon wrote:
Their world Sam...  they are going to rule their world once again, surely!!


No, it definately says "The only thing that the sheiks, preachers, and scholars are demanding is that Islam rule the world once again".

The world not their world.

This implies that Islam ruled the world before.
Farmer Geddon

Well of course, in their little world they did... and they want to rule it again.

What's wrong with that?

Lexilogio

Farmer Geddon wrote:
Well of course, in their little world they did... and they want to rule it again.

What's wrong with that?



Because individuals must have a right to choose.
For example - historically, people were forced to convert to Islam, or face trade & tax scenarios that would potentially starve them.  Even now, those who convert from Islam end up being killed by their family, community or the state.
Samuel Vimes

Farmer Geddon wrote:
Well of course, in their little world they did... and they want to rule it again.

What's wrong with that?



What's wrong (in the sense of accuracy) with the statement
Quote:
The only thing that the sheiks, preachers, and scholars are demanding is that Islam rule the world once again


is that Islam never ruled the world before and therefore cannot rule the world again.
Abubakar

Re: The Day Is Coming When Islam Will Rule the World Again:

Farmer Geddon wrote:
Saudi Islamic Scholar Muhammad Musa Al-Sharif:
Quote:
Muhammad Musa Al-Sharif: "These events are paving the way for a greater thing to come. They are paving the way for a great Islam that is coming with force, because the world is in need of leadership. The current leadership – communism, capitalism, and so on – has gone bankrupt. Only Islam is left to lead the world. The Prophet Muhammad foretold this clearly in several hadiths. Islamic leadership is coming whether people like it or not. Therefore, we must become soldiers of this emerging leadership. [...]

"We believe in the principle that Islam is suitable for any time or place. In addition, this religion was put to the test, so to speak, and it established an empire, which was magnificent in its power and greatness, as well in the compassion it displayed towards the world, and in its best possible leadership of humanity.

"When after the 16th century, the Islamic nation was removed from power – having been struck by all those tragedies – and others took over the leadership of mankind, we witnessed the worst possible results: oppression, global tyranny, arrogance, and despotism. The only thing that the sheiks, preachers, and scholars are demanding is that Islam rule the world once again."

http://www.memritv.org/clip/en/0/0/0/0/0/0/2842.htm


Ah memri the home of dodgy translation and editing and anti-Muslim hate.

I suspect that you are arguing over a poor translation rather than what the man said or meant.
Abubakar

Lexilogio wrote:
Farmer Geddon wrote:
Well of course, in their little world they did... and they want to rule it again.

What's wrong with that?



Because individuals must have a right to choose.
For example - historically, people were forced to convert to Islam, or face trade & tax scenarios that would potentially starve them.  Even now, those who convert from Islam end up being killed by their family, community or the state.

Lexi
I see that you repeat the often sited 'non-Muslims pay more tax under a Caliphate' pack of lies.  Non-Muslims were exempt from certain taxes Muslims had to pay but paid their own tax for services from the state.

A touch of research on the killing of apostates might be in order and a sense of proportion as well, remember just as not all Catholic Priests are paedophiles neither are all Muslims guilty of killing or wanting to kill apostates.
Powwow

Hey Judders, what are you doing here? LOL!
"Any true Christian would have left nglreturns by now" That was written by you on the topic of banning the mention of ngl over on R&E. Reply#6 to be exact.
Tells us alot there Sasser.
MikeRan

Samuel Vimes wrote:
Rule the world once again?

Thassxactly what I thought, Islam has never ruled the world. Might want to but unlikely to happen. Christianity has wanted to rule the world for aeons and not achieved it.
Shaker

And for that let us be thankful.
MikeRan

Never a good idea for a religion to wield great power. We've seen what happens when it does and there are many examples in history. Far better to be a moderate, tolerant society where we are free to worship or not as we choose & mind our own business about our neighbour if they are not doing anyone harm.
cyberman

MikeRan wrote:
Christianity has wanted to rule the world for aeons  


Really?
Shaker

cyberman wrote:
MikeRan wrote:
Christianity has wanted to rule the world for aeons  


Really?


Yes, really.

A great many alleged Christians - popes, usually, and their lackeys - have seen fit to wield temporal as well as so-called 'spiritual' power. In the Western World we called it the Dark Ages or the mediaeval period. Even though their big cheese in their book said that his kingdom wasn't of this world, this was (as usual) overlooked in favour of all those passages where said alleged figure said that he was the way, the truth and the life and that nobody gets to God except and unless through him. You can 'interpret' this till you turn puce if it makes you happy; it's in the book and is stated quite clearly and explicitly.

That's monotheisms for you. They all piss in the same pot - all making the same exclusive and absolute and dogmatic claims, all equally mutually inconsistent and mutually contradictory and all equally ridiculous. Doesn't seem to bother them. If ridiculous claims had any bearing on religion there'd never have been any such thing as religion.
cyberman

Shaker wrote:
cyberman wrote:
MikeRan wrote:
Christianity has wanted to rule the world for aeons  


Really?


Yes, really.

A great many alleged Christians - popes, usually, and their lackeys - have seen fit to wield temporal as well as so-called 'spiritual' power. In the Western World we called it the Dark Ages or the mediaeval period. Even though their big cheese in their book said that his kingdom wasn't of this world, this was (as usual) overlooked in favour of all those passages where said alleged figure said that he was the way, the truth and the life and that nobody gets to God except and unless through him. You can 'interpret' this till you turn puce if it makes you happy; it's in the book and is stated quite clearly and explicitly.

That's monotheisms for you. They all piss in the same pot - all making the same exclusive and absolute and dogmatic claims, all equally mutually inconsistent and mutually contradictory and all equally ridiculous. Doesn't seem to bother them. If ridiculous claims had any bearing on religion there'd never have been any such thing as religion.


In amongst all that, I am searching for an example of an attempt to take over the world. Even if you do (bizarrely) characterise the existence of the Papal States and their armies as such an attempt, for how many aeons would you say that that attempt has been going on now?
Ketty

Christianity has wanted to rule the world?    

There's already another ruler of this world in this time
cyberman

Ketty wrote:
Christianity has wanted to rule the world?    

There's already another ruler of this world in this time


It's just a bit of paranoid lunacy, Ketty. Its proponents seem reluctant to discuss the matter. Shaker has simply pointed out that the Pope had an army in the middle ages. Not exactly evidence that "Christianty has been trying to take over the world for aeons" But, in their world, I guess that's what passes for evidence!
Ketty

Well, I don't know about paranoid lunacy Cybers, but expect it's more down to folk's truly not understanding the Gospel message and our place in eternity; plus temptation and the desires of the flesh having more attractiveness in the here and now than . . . well, you know the rest.

       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Other religions
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum