Archive for nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 



       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Atheist chat
Lexilogio

Thread Removed - Which idiot annoys you most on.....

I have removed this topic as a number of posts had crossed the line into personal comments about other posters on this forum.
Farmer Geddon

Spoilsport - just when it was getting interesting as well...

Couldn't you have just removed the posts and told the offender to take it to the "Bear Pit" instead?



**ETA** Have you been returning to NGL and letting the bad influences worm their way back into your conciousness A.?
Farmer Geddon

Re: Thread Removed - Which idiot annoys you most on.....

Lexilogio wrote:
I have removed this topic as a number of posts had crossed the line into personal comments about other posters on this forum.

"I have"
Who made you God???  
Samuel Vimes

Re: Thread Removed - Which idiot annoys you most on.....

Lexilogio wrote:
I have removed this topic as a number of posts had crossed the line into personal comments about other posters on this forum.


So if the alter-ego of certain posters on the BBC hadn't been revealed could the discussion have continued?
Farmer Geddon

Any way - you are a Christian A.

This is the Atheist section..

I demand you reinstate the thread - before you delete it as an act of God....


 
Judders Lady...

Whose been a naughty boy then?      

Love Lynne.xx
Ketty

Re: Thread Removed - Which idiot annoys you most on.....

Lexilogio wrote:
I have removed this topic as a number of posts had crossed the line into personal comments about other posters on this forum.


Have the atheists been sinning . . . again?  
Farmer Geddon

No.....

My challenge was taken and the thread was arbitrary removed... it would never have happened if I had been a Mod...  





Vote for me to be a MOD - [Even though I'm a Rocker]..  
Ketty

Didn't you want to do away with the Bear Pit?
Lexilogio

I did consider editing and removing the offending posts. But since it would have meant removing most of the last few pages.... it seemed vaguely pointless.

I would reiterate though, that if anyone wishes to slag off other poster on this forum, it should be done in the Bear Pit
Farmer Geddon

Ketty wrote:
Didn't you want to do away with the Bear Pit?


Yeah - but it was put to the vote, and as this forum is run as a democracy, a decision was made which I had to accept.



Judders Lady...

The Judder Man wrote:
No.....

My challenge was taken and the thread was arbitrary removed... it would never have happened if I had been a Mod...  





Vote for me to be a MOD - [Even though I'm a Rocker]..  

Definitely off your rocker...
wanting to be a MOD...
Farmer Geddon

Can you imagine it..  

I would be more than just a Mod - I would be an M&S Mod... (or should that be an S&M Mod??)  

Judders Lady...

The Judder Man wrote:
Can you imagine it..  

I would be more than just a Mod - I would be an M&S Mod... (or should that be an S&M Mod??)  




True... you could never be just any Mod...  

Love Lynne.xx
Ketty

Is it back on between you two, then?

It makes life more pleasant for the rest of us, if it is.  
Silver

I think it vaguely possible that aTruster is also Leroy Coolbreeze. I have seen similarities in their posting style occur rarely. A while back, both left the BBC forum at virtually the same time and came back about the same time.

According to aTruster, he travelled the country advising businesses, solving their problems (while spending all day posting on the BBC). He also claims to have been an alcoholic until a day in 1999 when he heard about the lord and suddenly gave it up and changed 100%. More recently he has said that he has come off drugs necessary to keep him alive.

He's certainly a strange person.
gone

Silver wrote:
I think it vaguely possible that aTruster is also Leroy Coolbreeze. I have seen similarities in their posting style occur rarely. A while back, both left the BBC forum at virtually the same time and came back about the same time.

According to aTruster, he travelled the country advising businesses, solving their problems (while spending all day posting on the BBC). He also claims to have been an alcoholic until a day in 1999 when he heard about the lord and suddenly gave it up and changed 100%. More recently he has said that he has come off drugs necessary to keep him alive.

He's certainly a strange person.


As his posts have got much more extreme, I wonder if the drugs he claimed to have come off were for his mental health?
AmbersKnight

I certainly think aTruster is a seriously warped individual, not to mention an out and out coward.  He smirks and insinuates that he is better than anyone who is different from him and then refuses to answer direct qwuestions put to him ,claiming himself to be far too superior to engage us (yet enjoys deriding those who stand up for the innocent).

As for leroy, I just despise the petty little bigot.
trentvoyager

Hi AK

Quote:
I certainly think aTruster is a seriously warped individual, not to mention an out and out coward.  He smirks and insinuates that he is better than anyone who is different from him and then refuses to answer direct qwuestions put to him ,claiming himself to be far too superior to engage us (yet enjoys deriding those who stand up for the innocent).


I must say I admire your tenacity at trying to get an answer - I've all but given up on the current threads around the sexuality issue. Head - wall - bang springs to mind. I now limit myself to throwing in the odd comment rather than engaging in any meaningful exchange of ideas - usually because that just ain't possible with the posters you have already identified!
Pukon_the_Treen

Quote:
I've all but given up on the current threads around the sexuality issue. Head - wall - bang springs to mind.


aTruster's opinions are revolting, but refreshingly straightforward and honest.  He has been chosen by God and is saved, but pretty much everyone else has been rejected by God and is going to hell.  Homosexuals, like everyone else are sinners and are going to hell, he would most likely cheerful stone them to death to send them on there way if it were legal.

I don't really see the point in pressing him further on the issue; he is a closed and sealed box - nothing gets in, nothing get out.
Farmer Geddon

Pukon_the_Treen wrote:
aTruster's opinions are revolting, but refreshingly straightforward and honest.  


***Edited****.... and none of this free speech crap - in fact it is this 'free-speech' crap that makes the likes of aT..
Pukon_the_Treen

Quote:
***Edited****.... and none of this free speech crap - in fact it is this 'free-speech' crap that makes the likes of aT..


[Edit] His opinions are straight-forward and honest.  He's also probably insane, and definitely extremely unpleasant, but that doesn't stop him being straight-forward and honest.

Compare him to those sour little hypocritical cowards like bob who will timidly talk around their obvious fear and loathing of homosexuality, coming out with all that 'love the sinner hate the sin' nonsense. aTruster doesn't bother with any of that; he will happily state that he hates sinners and so does God and they're all going to pay once his big brother rolls His sleeves up and gets down to some hard smiting.  It's depressingly hateful and worryingly aggressive, but it is also refreshing in it's honesty.

I think most of the fundies feel exactly what he does, they just haven't got the utter self-centred, self-obsessed certainty and uncaring malevolence to actually come out and say it.
T8-eh-T8

...but not beyond redemption, of course.

Pukon_the_Treen

Andy,

Quote:
...but not beyond redemption, of course.


I'm no judge of redemption, but personally I don't think Christianity is going to redeem him; he enjoys the whole structure of sin, harsh judgement and punishment far too much.  Being one of the elect is very significant to him.  Maybe Buddhism or something would help him, but Christianity just seems to have made him worse.
T8-eh-T8

I don't believe he is aquainted with Christianity.

Not yet anyway.

The Sith are playing a very dangerous game with him, because it leads him into the path of us enlightened ones, where he just might see the scales fall from his eyes and turn to the light side of the force.

Watch out for the signs.

Wearing of cardigans, appreciation of home baked cake and biscuits, and above all the devotion to cups of tea.

These are all indications of the force in action.

No man can withstand these things if he is of the dark side.
Pukon_the_Treen

Now I see him struggling nightly (or rather afternoonly) with the demons of tea and cake, (possibly even wearing tartan slippers and listening to The Archers) only to chastise and self-mortify himself later.
Shaker

Quote:
Wearing of cardigans, appreciation of home baked cake and biscuits, and above all the devotion to cups of tea.

These are all indications of the force in action.


Andy, do we actually know each other in real life?  
T8-eh-T8

Dunno

Do you ever go to the dungeon club in Belper?

Rubber, leather and submissives on a Wednesday?

trentvoyager

Quote:
Do you ever go to the dungeon club in Belper?

Rubber, leather and submissives on a Wednesday?



In Belper????

I  thought the most exciting thing there was the riverside walk!
Shaker

Bloody hell, Belper's changed a bit since I was there last  
Lexilogio

T8-eh-T8 wrote:
I don't believe he is aquainted with Christianity.

Not yet anyway.

The Sith are playing a very dangerous game with him, because it leads him into the path of us enlightened ones, where he just might see the scales fall from his eyes and turn to the light side of the force.

Watch out for the signs.

Wearing of cardigans, appreciation of home baked cake and biscuits, and above all the devotion to cups of tea.

These are all indications of the force in action.

No man can withstand these things if he is of the dark side.


Farmer Geddon

Lucifers Duck wrote:
Pukon_the_Treen wrote:
aTruster's opinions are revolting, but refreshingly straightforward and honest.  


***Edited****.... and none of this free speech crap - in fact it is this 'free-speech' crap that makes the likes of aT..


Hmmmm don't remembered editing this......Maybe I should just re-edit it....
Silver

David M. I remember someone once accused him of being in the pay of the catholic church. He's like one of these funnel web spiders. He just sits there then someone says something against the catholics or the pope and he's there straight away, defending them, with little regard for the truth.
Silver

The BBC's creationists remind me of Homer Simpson who said that every time he learned something new, it pushed old information out of his brain so he forgot something old. aT, persecuted, etc seem to have a great fear of learning anything new. Those two I suspect are in their fifties and got their original point of view early in their lives and have deliberately not learned anything since.
Samuel Vimes

Silver wrote:
Those two I suspect are in their fifties and got their original point of view early in their lives and have deliberately not learned anything since.


Glass houses? Stones?  


Silver

Samuel Vimes. Is that a reefer you are smoking? I would normally warn against them as they rot the mind but I don't think you have any worries there.

Anyone with a search engine can quote the wiki, as we see on BBC and many science sites. Like an Englishman abroad, if confronted with a contrary view, they just shout the wiki louder and louder till someone believes as they do. Like creationists, they instinctively know I am wrong but are unable to explain why.
Silver

What is skillful_mcgill skillful at?

Ducking and diving?
Samuel Vimes

Silver wrote:
Samuel Vimes. Is that a reefer you are smoking? I would normally warn against them as they rot the mind but I don't think you have any worries there.

Anyone with a search engine can quote the wiki, as we see on BBC and many science sites. Like an Englishman abroad, if confronted with a contrary view, they just shout the wiki louder and louder till someone believes as they do. Like creationists, they instinctively know I am wrong but are unable to explain why.


Sorry but you appear to have strung a load of words together in a random fashion that bears no relevance to the topic of this thread.

It's almost like the response that one might expect from an internet bot.  

The point about people in glass houses not throwing stones was in response to your comments about people not learning anything new since the 1950s when anyone who is aquainted with your BBC alter ego knows that he steadfastly rejects the major discoveries of physics of the 20th century and seems to be stuck in a Victorian mindset in that regard.
Silver

Samuel Vimes. That is the trouble with being a dope head, that you cannot comprehend even a sentence but see it as a jumble of words.

I was answering your post, as I think everyone here but you realised.

What I reject are silly ideas paraded as facts, like the big bang. I give reasons why, unlike you who just point to the wiki and say if I contradict it, I must be wrong.

Who are you on the BBC? aTruster? You post in his style though you do have a touch of LWB's about you with some NicholasMarks. It could be worse. You could be stillfool_mcgill, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Samuel Vimes

Silver wrote:
What I reject are silly ideas paraded as facts, like the big bang.


The prosecution rests m'lud.  
Delrick53

Samuel Vimes wrote:
Silver wrote:
What I reject are silly ideas paraded as facts, like the big bang.


The prosecution rests m'lud.  



There are leading theoretical physicists who claim that the 'Big Bang' was more like a 'Little Burp'.

Others that our universe is the latest in an infinite sequence,

And yet more who suggest that our universe is one of an infinite number, many of which 'calved off' from parent universes.

It's not over yet !
Samuel Vimes

Delrick53 wrote:
Samuel Vimes wrote:
Silver wrote:
What I reject are silly ideas paraded as facts, like the big bang.


The prosecution rests m'lud.  



There are leading theoretical physicists who claim that the 'Big Bang' was more like a 'Little Burp'.

Others that our universe is the latest in an infinite sequence,

And yet more who suggest that our universe is one of an infinite number, many of which 'calved off' from parent universes.

It's not over yet !


Yes, but Silver's alter-ego "Sir Bernard Quatermas" also rejects the conclusions that lead to the big bang theory, such as that the red shifting of light from distant galaxies and the fact that it increases with distance being indicative of an expanding universe. He claims that it is explained by something that he calls a "sea of gravity", something which he has never explained properly but which sounds remarkably similar to the victorian idea of "the ether".

He also rejects the whole of general relativity and quantum mechanics (although he claims that only rejects "parts" of QM he is reluctant to explaiin which parts he accepts).

It certainly seems like the bulk of 20th Century physics has simply passed Silver / SBQ by.
Delrick53

SV,

I struggle with quantum physics, but the wonderful tap-dancing Susan_Doris recommended Alastair Rae's 'Quantum Physics', which is described as a 'beginners guide'.

It's a (very) slow process, but I'm getting there.

Where is Susan_Doris ?

She's been very quiet recently.
Lexilogio

To be fair, given that quantam mechanics does not work for all things - for example it works for parts of black holes, but not others.

So I think there is a lot more to be established and understood in this field.


Incidentally. My son told me a joke at the weekend:
Shrodinger's cat walked into a bar. And didn't.
Samuel Vimes

Lexilogio wrote:
To be fair, given that quantam mechanics does not work for all things - for example it works for parts of black holes, but not others.

So I think there is a lot more to be established and understood in this field.


Absolutely. But we can't just reject it out of hand because it is an incomplete model of the universe without having a more complete one to replace it with.
T8-eh-T8

Speaking of aT, I'd like to know how someone who leaves school at 13 with no real education goes on to work as a legal consultant.

Naturally I hold lawyers in the lowest regard, but they do insist on the right paperwork for their profession don't they?
jeremyp

Delrick53 wrote:
SV,

Where is Susan_Doris ?

She's been very quiet recently.

She just posted on the CTMB that her computer had been down for 18 days.
LornaDoone40

I know that feeling - my Mac has been down for 3 weeks now. It needs a new hard drive apparantly, and I had only just got it up and running after it got a virus and had to have the hard drive re-formatted.  
Delrick53

T8-eh-T8 wrote:
Speaking of aT, I'd like to know how someone who leaves school at 13 with no real education goes on to work as a legal consultant.

Naturally I hold lawyers in the lowest regard, but they do insist on the right paperwork for their profession don't they?



88,

Most of the Westboro Baptists are either lawyers or training to be one, so perhaps Hew was brought up in Alabama or somewhere similar where knowledge is seen as Satanic ?
T8-eh-T8

Oh, I thought he was Welsh.  

Apologies for any insult aT.
Delrick53

T8-eh-T8 wrote:
Oh, I thought he was Welsh.  

Apologies for any insult aT.



I was just guessing, although I've met a few Welsh 'Chapel' people and, whenever I see crows sitting on a fence waiting for something to rot I'm reminded of a Welsh Capel wedding I was at during the 70's - it was more like a funeral ........
Farmer Geddon

Same thing surely Andy....    

       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Atheist chat
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum