Archive for nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 



       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Just joined? Come in and say hi
IvyOwl

Twit Twoo

Hello everybody,

I came here initially as I was missing Sarnia on the Beeb boards and saw a link to this forum when I went looking for her. I'd been waiting for a chance to tell her I'd seen her on the box and I thought she came across very well. :)

I'm an ex BA Christian (in my long ago youth) and currently leaning towards Neo Paganism. I like to think I'm tolerant and non dogmatic but occassionally things 'do stick in my craw!

A quick glance through and I see several of my favourite posters from the beeb are here so it will be good to read what they have to say. It's also handy to put a face to a name although I'd imagined PPP to be better looking!!! My mug shot's not here yet cos I' can't figure out how to downsize it .... spent about an hour to get this far,  should have been in my roost ages ago ...... computer literacy is not my thing  :(

IvyOwl
Leonard James

Re: Twit Twoo

IvyOwl wrote:
Hello everybody,

I came here initially as I was missing Sarnia on the Beeb boards and saw a link to this forum when I went looking for her. I'd been waiting for a chance to tell her I'd seen her on the box and I thought she came across very well. :)

I'm an ex BA Christian (in my long ago youth) and currently leaning towards Neo Paganism. I like to think I'm tolerant and non dogmatic but occassionally things 'do stick in my craw!

A quick glance through and I see several of my favourite posters from the beeb are here so it will be good to read what they have to say. It's also handy to put a face to a name although I'd imagined PPP to be better looking!!! My mug shot's not here yet cos I' can't figure out how to downsize it .... spent about an hour to get this far,  should have been in my roost ages ago ...... computer literacy is not my thing  :(

IvyOwl

Hi Ivy,

Welcome to the forum. Smilie_PDT

To resize your image try here :-

http://www.myimager.com/open.php?f=0

In the 'file' box at the left end of the toolbar click 'open' and upload the pic from your computer. After that it's fairly straightforward.

I too am almost computer illiterate, so you ain't alone, gal!  ;-)

Leonard.
Lexilogio

Hello Ivy, and welcome to the Forum!
Farmer Geddon

Welcome on board Ivy..

Quote:
I like to think I'm tolerant and non dogmatic but occasionally things do stick in my craw!


Hmmm sounds familiar - except I have been known to vent my spleen at times, but when I sober up I usually apologise if necessary.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Catch you later  :wink:
gone

Welcome Ivy Owl, I am touched that someone should have missed me. :)
david_geoffrey

Hi Ivy, welcome on board. Can't say I remember you from the beeb but it is a while now since I posted there.
I used to have my mugshot up but liked the ideas of some favourite images instead.
DG
Oak King (rtd)

Hi IO, welcome to NGL from one newbie to another.........the natives seem friendly so far.
IvyOwl

To resize your image try here :-


Hi Leonard,

Thanks for that! Sorted!  :)

Next question ... how do I make a quote from a previous post appear in a box? Oh dear I used to get so irritated with posters on the beeb who couldn't do that. 'Just read the instructions!!' ummm that'll larn me!!    {See below}

I've had a quick look at your web site, very interesting. It's nice to get to know a bit more about you and where you're coming from.

IO
david_geoffrey

IvyOwl wrote:
To resize your image try here :-


Hi Leonard,

Thanks for that! Sorted!  :)

Next question ... how do I make a quote from a previous post appear in a box? Oh dear I used to get so irritated with posters on the beeb who couldn't do that. 'Just read the instructions!!' ummm that'll larn me!!    {See below}

I've had a quick look at your web site, very interesting. It's nice to get to know a bit more about you and where you're coming from.

IO
In the top right of every post is a quote button which takes everything from that post and creates a new post from it. (There is also, thank goodness, an edit button on your own posts which is great when you realise you have just posted rubbish   )

If you want to just quote one sentance, what I do is copy and paste from the post into your own - then highlight it and click on the quote button above this edit box

This then puts [ quote] [ /quote] tags around what you are quoting which means it appears in a box. You can type these in as well - just without the space after the first square bracket.  

These "tags" are the way all the effects work so for bold you put [ b] and [ /b] around the word you want made bold - but again the buttons at the top do this for you. Again no spaces though
Leonard James

Hello Ivy,

I see David has already answered the question about quotes, so I won't repeat it all. See how you get on with it.

Thank you for visiting my page.

Leonard.
IvyOwl

Quote:
In the top right of every post is a quote button


Oh yeah .... neat!

Thanks!
Shaft2101

Oak King (rtd) wrote:
Hi IO, welcome to NGL from one newbie to another.........the natives seem friendly so far.


/Starts chopping up some carrots in to a vast black pot, poking the flames beneath it and licking his lips whilst looking meaningfully at the newcomers

/calls to Sarnia to pass him the salt

/gets Admin to start banging a ritual beat on the drums ...
Oak King (rtd)

Damn you Shaft...........you've been peeking
gone

Shaft2101 wrote:
Oak King (rtd) wrote:
Hi IO, welcome to NGL from one newbie to another.........the natives seem friendly so far.


/Starts chopping up some carrots in to a vast black pot, poking the flames beneath it and licking his lips whilst looking meaningfully at the newcomers

/calls to Sarnia to pass him the salt

/gets Admin to start banging a ritual beat on the drums ...


     
IvyOwl

Quote:
poking the flames beneath it


I hope you've got plenty of fuel Shaft cos you'll need to boil this tough old bird for a very long time

IO
gone

IvyOwl wrote:
Quote:
poking the flames beneath it


I hope you've got plenty of fuel Shaft cos you'll need to boil this tough old bird for a very long time

IO


Modern cauldrons have a slow cooking facility!
Shaft2101

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Andy

Re: Twit Twoo

IvyOwl wrote:
.........

A quick glance through and I see several of my favourite posters from the beeb are here so it will be good to read what they have to say. It's also handy to put a face to a name although I'd imagined PPP to be better looking!!!


OK, the mugshot didn't catch me at my best, a particularly heavy night, hardly a wink of sleep what with the manacles and that hot dripping wax.  :shock:

Mind you a cup of tea and bacon butty later and I was back on track. :roll:

Welcome IvyOwl,  Smilie_PDT
Pukon_the_Treen

Evening Ivy Owl, welcome across.

       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Just joined? Come in and say hi
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum