Archive for nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 



       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Just joined? Come in and say hi
Samuel Vimes

Welcome durga

Presumably you are inscrutable.

I hope that you are not unreachable (or this will have been a waste of time).
Pukon_the_Treen

Quote:
Well I suppose that is suppose to be a welcome?


The man is demonstrating his knowledge of Hinduism.
Lexilogio

Welcome to the forum, Durga
Samuel Vimes

Pukon_the_Treen wrote:
Quote:
Well I suppose that is suppose to be a welcome?


The man is demonstrating his knowledge of Hinduism.


Or his ability to use Google in order to look like a clever clogs.  
Pukon_the_Treen

Quote:
Or his ability to use Google in order to look like a clever clogs.


I thought that was my secret power!
Pukon_the_Treen

Quote:
Hello suffices on a welcome page. After all a person is more than a race, creed or colour, aren't they?


Of course! Well said, thou wellspring of sanctimonious asshattery.

However, unlike Commander Vimes, neither you nor I have actually said hello, so I will remedy that. Hello durga, and welcome to the board.
Pukon_the_Treen

Quote:
Why had the others not been welcomed?

plopp         11 Nov 2010  

Designer hangbags         25 Oct 2010


Well, plopp sounds silly and 'designer handbags' is obviously not a person but a spambot, probably trying to sell … well, I'll let you guess. Actually they are both almost certainly spambots, as neither have added any personal information, whereas Durga has, so might actually be a real person. Probably not though.
Pukon_the_Treen

Lynne,

Quote:
Your clutching at straws...

It doesn't explain why you would welcome one Bot and not another...
Why welcome any if you truly believed them to be Spambots?


By God you're right; it is a tense and serious subject isn't it, which we need to get to the bottom of. 'Truth Matters' after all! Tell you what, let's argue about it some more shall we?

Let me see, I suppose Samuel Vimes' attention was drawn to the name (you have to admit that it's a more interesting name than 'plopp' or 'designer handbags') so he posted his initial welcome. That got your attention, because as you astutely noticed, welcomes are unusual these days, and you wanted to know why this individual (if individual they are) was so special.

Then I chimed in, recognising they Hindu references in SV's post, which enabled you to get in some arrogant sneery comment about not being secure in our knowledge (what does that mean anyway?).

Actually it all seems fairly straightforward to me; the unusual name drew attention. Do you have some conspiracy theory about why this user has been welcomed and others have not, or are you just rattling your can for the hell of it?
Pukon_the_Treen

The unusual name drew attention Lynne, and I eventually decided to welcome the user because unlike other more obvious spambots they had some personal details posted and might actually be a person. Why do you feel compelled to argue about this utterly unimportant subject? What are you trying to achieve?

As to attacking and insulting, you started all that by saying that we were seeking to demonstrate or show ourselves to be clever because we weren't 'secure in our knowledge'. What does 'secure in our knowledge' mean anyway?
Samuel Vimes

Judders Lady... wrote:
Hello suffices on a welcome page.


Does it?

Who died and made you admin?

It's my thread and it's up to me what I put in the OP (so long as it doesn't break any rules).

Because I didn't understand the origin of the name that this new member had chosen I decided to look it up first. I then included some of the information that I had gleaned in this search so that they would know that someone was interested enough in them to check their chosen name out.

Is that welcoming enough for you Lynne?


I tell you what, since you are SOOOO concerned about who gets welcomed and who doesn't (and aren't simply trolling in this thread, hijacking it to draw attention to yourself like so many others   ) I nominate you to be the official board welcoming committe. It is now your responsibility to start an official welcome thread for every new member within 24h of their joining.

All those in favour?
Samuel Vimes

Judders Lady... wrote:
Sorry Sam,


If that reply is for me...
Not reading anything by you.


Then you're even more of an ignorant cow than I previously suspected.

And THAT'S the truth.  
Samuel Vimes

Samuel Vimes wrote:
I tell you what, since you are SOOOO concerned about who gets welcomed and who doesn't (and aren't simply trolling in this thread, hijacking it to draw attention to yourself like so many others   ) I nominate you to be the official board welcoming committe. It is now your responsibility to start an official welcome thread for every new member within 24h of their joining.

All those in favour?


Actually, strike that motion.

Can you imagine what sort of first impression of this messageboard a Lynne-style welcoming message is likely to give?  
Pukon_the_Treen

Quote:
Truth doesn't change because you cannot accept you are in the wrong.


Remind me again; what am I 'in the wrong' about? I'm starting to lose the thread of the argument here. What does 'secure in our knowledge' mean anyway?
Leonard James

Oh dearie me, Lynne, you really are an argumentative old bat! Are you like this in real life?  
Pukon_the_Treen

I swear she would start a fight in an empty room.

Pukon_the_Treen

Lynne,

Quote:
Whilst Leonard, just showing how to cry wolf whilst faking it...


'Cry wolf' is when you ask for help or raise an alarm when there is no need or danger. How has LJ done this? What is he faking?

Quote:
Hi Pain,


I don't understand. What pain? Also, what was I 'in the wrong' about and what does 'secure in our knowledge' mean?

Quote:
Will they work it out.


Probably not so long as you continue to post disjointed inarticulate and seemingly irrelevant messages.
Leonard James

Morning Lynne!

   

I can only answer you in kind!



Which makes just as much sense as your post.  
Ketty

Pukon_the_Treen wrote:
Quote:
Or his ability to use Google in order to look like a clever clogs.


I thought that was my secret power!


Darn!  I thought I was the only one with the power.
Lexilogio

I suspect that Lynne knows who Durga is - and is trying to put them off posting.  
Ketty

Lexilogio wrote:
I suspect that Lynne knows who Durga is - and is trying to put them off posting.  


Ooooh, I love a conspiracy theory.  

As you have more special powers than the rest of us Lexi, I reckon your theory must hold some weight.
gone

If Durga is a real person, not of of Lynne's sock puppets or a spambot, then maybe they have read her posts and been put right off posting here. Just a thought, maybe Lynne is a hyperactive spambot              
gone

Judders Lady... wrote:
There are spam bots, glove puppets and then there are those controlled unknowingly and willingly by the wind-up merchants on here.
I can tell you that I am not one of them...

Neither am I controlled by any of them And neither can any of them do me any harm or control me.

That is the real grind and the real teeth and fist clencher.
It is so difficult when they cannot get a reaction because they are unable to know what to do next...

Truth Matters. xx


         
Lexilogio

Ketty wrote:
Lexilogio wrote:
I suspect that Lynne knows who Durga is - and is trying to put them off posting.  


Ooooh, I love a conspiracy theory.  

As you have more special powers than the rest of us Lexi, I reckon your theory must hold some weight.


 
Now I feel as if I must be a character from Hero's.... I'd love to be able to fly....
Samuel Vimes

Judders Lady... wrote:
That's all folks!!!
 


Looney Tunes.


Samuel Vimes

Judders Lady... wrote:
With all the false characters including yourself,


I have been called a "character" in my time (usually euphemistically   ) but false?

Surely not!

Cut me and do I not bleed?

I mean to say, it's not as if I am a sock puppet or an employer of sock puppets.

(I note that this question http://nglreturns.myfreeforum.org/sutra48191.php&highlight=#48191 remains steadfastly unanswered.   )
Samuel Vimes

Judders Lady... wrote:
Correction... there is no question to answer.


Of course there is, this one:

Quote:
Are you stating that you only have one log in to this messageboard?


that I asked you last Tuesday.

Do you have an issue with answering it (truthfully)?
Tom Cruising

What if you haven't been a member for long enough - like me?

Lynne - are you the kind of poster that has created other accounts/identies (sock puppets)?

I suspect you are, otherwise you would have simplied denied the accusation.
Samuel Vimes

Judders Lady... wrote:
Samuel Vimes wrote:
Judders Lady... wrote:
Correction... there is no question to answer.


Of course there is, this one:

Quote:
Are you stating that you only have one log in to this messageboard?


that I asked you last Tuesday.

Do you have an issue with answering it (truthfully)?


I do not have an issue.

If you had been a member long enough you would see that the answers have been given to the question.
As I said, there is no question to answer.

Truth Matters. xx


There is a question to answer, I have posed it again for your benefit, you are simply refusing to answer it.

I've been a member for over a year and I know what other members have said about you in that time. I have never seen you issue a clear denial that you have more than one log in. If you can direct me to a recent post (older posts may no longer hold true) where you confirm that "Judders Lady" is your only log in to this message board then I will happily accpet that. Otherwise I would appreciate an answer to my question rather than further evasion.

If truth matters so much to you it will be no great strain to repeat the "truth" for my benefit, will it now?  
Ketty

Well Sam, I think you've asked the impossible - a straightforward answer to a straightforward question.  
Samuel Vimes

Ketty wrote:
Well Sam, I think you've asked the impossible - a straightforward answer to a straightforward question.  


It would appear that we have found the way to make Lynne disappear: ask her a direct question.  
Pukon_the_Treen

Is it like Rumplestiltskin?
Ketty

No . . . 'cos we don't have to guess the name(s) - we already know them.

Farmer Geddon

Samuel Vimes wrote:
It would appear that we have found the way to make Lynne disappear: ask her a direct question.  


Yeah right - you obviously don't know Oor Lynne then.

She'll be back with some weird, convoluted reason as to why she hasn't posted of late....

Like her sisters aunts cousin has had problems with her wooden knee and she had to go heal it, or something along those lines....

(Although it's more likely to be god told her to stop posting until he was ready for her to come back)!!
Leonard James

The Canard's back wrote:
Samuel Vimes wrote:
It would appear that we have found the way to make Lynne disappear: ask her a direct question.  


Yeah right - you obviously don't know Oor Lynne then.

She'll be back with some weird, convoluted reason as to why she hasn't posted of late....

Like her sisters aunts cousin has had problems with her wooden knee and she had to go heal it, or something along those lines....

(Although it's more likely to be god told her to stop posting until he was ready for her to come back)!!

   

Many a true word is spoken in jest, although I don't think you're jesting, Ducky!  
gone

Leonard James wrote:
The Canard's back wrote:
Samuel Vimes wrote:
It would appear that we have found the way to make Lynne disappear: ask her a direct question.  


Yeah right - you obviously don't know Oor Lynne then.

She'll be back with some weird, convoluted reason as to why she hasn't posted of late....

Like her sisters aunts cousin has had problems with her wooden knee and she had to go heal it, or something along those lines....

(Although it's more likely to be god told her to stop posting until he was ready for her to come back)!!

   

Many a true word is spoken in jest, although I don't think you're jesting, Ducky!  


Lynne's blog reads like something out of a poorly written fairy story and about as believable!
Farmer Geddon

Damn right I'm not Len - we ALL know her too well.

[BTW - no word from the Andyman..  Hope he's OK]!
gone

[BTW - no word from the Andyman..  Hope he's OK]!

I hope so too.
Samuel Vimes

Judders Lady... wrote:
But reality is not something I hide from.


So do you really have any other log-ins to this site or not?  
Farmer Geddon

Judders Lady... wrote:
...........

Love Lies Matter. xx
Ketty

Lynne, if my memory serves me correctly, were you not banned for a while and then allowed to return?  

Despite you quoting the rules, you are not answering the direct question which was posed to you.  Do you have more than one name under which you have registered with these boards?  Your 'Yes' or your 'No' will suffice.  
gone

Ketty wrote:
Lynne, if my memory serves me correctly, were you not banned for a while and then allowed to return?  

Despite you quoting the rules, you are not answering the direct question which was posed to you.  Do you have more than one name under which you have registered with these boards?  Your 'Yes' or your 'No' will suffice.  


Lynne is good at puppetry!    
gone

Judders Lady... wrote:
All accusations posted by the people who then question me.
As I said, there is nothing to answer to.



If you say so Lynne, but then you have an amazing ability to compartMENTALise your brain!      
Pukon_the_Treen

I read a pretty good book once by a Science Fiction writer called Philip José Farmer, called Dayworld. It was set in a future where overpopulation had led to a shortage or resources and of living space.

As a solution, each day only one seventh of the world population were alive, the rest were in suspended animation. The Monday people only ever experienced Monday, then at the end of the day, they were frozen and the Tuesday people were reanimated and so on. No communication between the different days was allowed, so each day had developed it's own individual culture, politics and so on.

The protagonist was a 'daybreaker'; a person who illegally dodged being frozen, and existed on each day. He had managed to avoid the various safeguards and security checks in place, because he had a multiple personality disorder, so he genuinely believed himself to be seven different people.
Leonard James

Maybe it's a totally unknown mental condition, that has yet to be investigated and a treatment discovered. Even schizophrenia had to have a beginning!
Farmer Geddon

Any way......

Any news from Durga?
Samuel Vimes

The Canard's back wrote:
Any way......

Any news from Durga?


Sadly, none.  
Pukon_the_Treen

I expect it was a spambot; the vast majority of the users are.
gone

Judders Lady... wrote:
Awaits the arrival... after all they usually allow some time to pass before they attempt to post.


Well you would know Lynne, being on the inside track!
Farmer Geddon

Samuel Vimes wrote:
.......

It would appear that we have found the way to make Lynne disappear: ask her a direct question.  


Oh dear - she's back!!!

Probably because she thinks she has a new audience to inflict herself upon.....
Ketty

Samuel Vimes wrote:
Judders Lady... wrote:
But reality is not something I hide from.


So do you really have any other log-ins to this site or not?  



Part of the answer . . . http://nglreturns.myfreeforum.org/ftopic2423-20.php  
Judders Lady... wrote:
Beware of the Judderman my dear, when the moon is fat. aka...  Love is... The Lords Way...Lynne.


Ketty

0089.gif

So Lynne, rather than twist and turn as slippery as a slippery thing, rather than ignore Sam's question '[Lynne] do you really have any other log ins on this site?', you could simply have replied 'Yes'.  No need for drama, just a simple 'yes'.


       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Just joined? Come in and say hi
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum