Archive for nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 



       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Christian chat
JamesJah

Where did the Catholics come from?

Who was it that invented the Catholic religion?

Was it Constantine, a Pope, or a council of Bishops?
The Boyg

Re: Where did the Catholics come from?

JamesJah wrote:
Who was it that invented the Catholic religion?

Was it Constantine, a Pope, or a council of Bishops?


There is no such thing as 'the Catholic religion' despite the lies that you are fed.

It's amusing to see a member of a 19th Century fabrication asking about the 'invention' of an authentic Christian church that is part of the Apostolic succession.
Jim

Re: Where did the Catholics come from?

Agreed; Boyg.
The Apostles' Creed, common to every mainstream denomination states

"I believe in the Holy Catholic Curch."

Catholic = universal.

If you're angling on sectarianism, James, it ain't going to happen here!
JamesJah

When I last looked at their teachings it looked more like some of the Chinese religions than the Christian way promoted by the early Christians.

Images, smoke, sprinkling water, waving arms in the air, and funny clothes. Much more like the Chinese religion and magic than Christianity to me sorry.
Jim

er...
Waving arms in the air? Dancing before the LORD?
So, you haven't read the Scriptures, then?

I have done both. I am not a Roman Catholic.
Powwow

The watchtower is quite into numerology. Waving ones arms about is usually harmless, numerology never is.
JamesJah

The bible does say the clothes would not be tooooo unusual especially if you took John the Baptist into consideration and what they would be wearing in those days.

Still a lot of hocus-pocus when you enter an Italian or a Maltese Church though, is it not?
Jim

pow wow...
you could be wrong, you know!
What if you accidentally waved your arms creating the Semaphore for '666'?
There might be another missed prophesy there....
Jim

So, James, you've given up on the "waving arms" bit.
That was quick!
Powwow

Yikes!
JamesJah

Is it possible to put a hole in water?

Some seem yo think one can get holy water do they not?
Jim

Still dodging the waving arms bit, James?
Or has the NWT mistranslated that as well?
Powwow

I'm not familiar with holy water nor miracle cloths and lucky charms etc.
Jim

While James is either looking up a scripture to misquote, or phoning up the Watchtower to ascertain their position regarding arm-waving, I would say, in answer to the title of the thread....

under gooseberry bushes?
Powwow

That must be why the berries are so sour.
The Boyg

JamesJah wrote:
When I last looked at their teachings it looked more like some of the Chinese religions than the Christian way promoted by the early Christians.

Images, smoke, sprinkling water, waving arms in the air, and funny clothes. Much more like the Chinese religion and magic than Christianity to me sorry.


It's very easy to draw false impressions about things when you examine them in such a superficial way.
Ketty

Jim and Pow wow -      
JamesJah

Is God impressed with making the shape of the cross with ones hands?

Or is he a bit curious as to why some genuflect to objects around the church?
Powwow

I know God ain't impressed with Russellites(JWs) flocking into kingdom halls every day of the week for their meetings/studies.lol
Jim

How's that old memory of yours, James?
Arm waving....
Remember?

You brought it up!
Lexilogio

JamesJah wrote:
Is God impressed with making the shape of the cross with ones hands?

Or is he a bit curious as to why some genuflect to objects around the church?


I don't personally think God minds either way. But if it helps the person concerned to focus, then I don't see a problem.

Equally, I think it's irrelevant whether a person puts their hands together to pray, or simply closes their eyes. It is the prayer which is important, not how one holds the body. Presumably God is quite happy to hear a prayer while someone is hurtling to the ground at some speed having come out of an aeroplane before the parachute opens. I'd certainly be praying in that circumstance.
Powwow

In 1Thess. chapter 5, we are told to pray without ceasing. Doesn't address arms up, down, sitting, standing, eyes open or closed.
Lexilogio

pow wow wrote:
In 1Thess. chapter 5, we are told to pray without ceasing. Doesn't address arms up, down, sitting, standing, eyes open or closed.


Jim

Well, I hope James is scrabbling through the scriptures to look up
"lifting up holy hands."
Here's a clue, James....Roman Catholics are not mentioned.
JamesJah

Yep waving it around in the shape of a cross, does that do magic?

I do better with my remote


Lexilogio

JamesJah wrote:
Yep waving it around in the shape of a cross, does that do magic?

I do better with my remote




Perhaps you should first try reading the posts others have made.

No one has suggested it does magic. What we have suggested is that for some, it helps focus.

Why is it important if some people choose to genuflect? It doesn't cause any damage to anyone.
Leonard James

Lexilogio wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Is God impressed with making the shape of the cross with ones hands?

Or is he a bit curious as to why some genuflect to objects around the church?


I don't personally think God minds either way. But if it helps the person concerned to focus, then I don't see a problem.

Equally, I think it's irrelevant whether a person puts their hands together to pray, or simply closes their eyes. It is the prayer which is important, not how one holds the body. Presumably God is quite happy to hear a prayer while someone is hurtling to the ground at some speed having come out of an aeroplane before the parachute opens. I'd certainly be praying in that circumstance.

                     

He'd probably say "serves you right, you stupid bitch ... if I'd wanted you to fly I would have given you wings"!
JamesJah

Do things because they think a god told them, is the time when they can be persuaded to murder millions who do not bob and duck the way they do.

How much persuading do Muslims need to purge the world of the infidel?
Lexilogio

Leonard James wrote:
Lexilogio wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Is God impressed with making the shape of the cross with ones hands?

Or is he a bit curious as to why some genuflect to objects around the church?


I don't personally think God minds either way. But if it helps the person concerned to focus, then I don't see a problem.

Equally, I think it's irrelevant whether a person puts their hands together to pray, or simply closes their eyes. It is the prayer which is important, not how one holds the body. Presumably God is quite happy to hear a prayer while someone is hurtling to the ground at some speed having come out of an aeroplane before the parachute opens. I'd certainly be praying in that circumstance.

                     

He'd probably say "serves you right, you stupid bitch ... if I'd wanted you to fly I would have given you wings"!


 God does laugh at me sometimes....
Lexilogio

JamesJah wrote:
Do things because they think a god told them, is the time when they can be persuaded to murder millions who do not bob and duck the way they do.

How much persuading do Muslims need to purge the world of the infidel?


Most Muslims would not purge the world of anyone. I suggest you put the Dail Fail down. I live next door to some Muslims, and they are wonderful, peaceful people who look after my house when I'm on holiday, and I know I could rely on them if a problem occurred.

And it is irrelevant what "a god" said to anyone. Because it doesn't happen. There is only one God.
Jim

Scripture says "Raise holy hands to the Lord", James.
The Psalmist writes
"Praise Him with the trumpets, psaltry and harp.
Praise him with string instruments and dance."
Do you do this, James?
It is Biblical, you know.
Leonard James

Lexilogio wrote:

 God does laugh at me sometimes....


If he existed, Lexi, I'm sure he'd be rolling with laughter on the floor of heaven watching some of the daft antics his followers get up to!
Ketty

Leonard James wrote:
I'm sure he'd be rolling with laughter on the floor of heaven watching some of the daft antics his followers get up to!


Rather, rolling His eyes, folding His arms, and tapping His feet I reckon.  
Lexilogio

Leonard James wrote:
Lexilogio wrote:

 God does laugh at me sometimes....


If he existed, Lexi, I'm sure he'd be rolling with laughter on the floor of heaven watching some of the daft antics his followers get up to!


As you know, I do believe that the Lord loves everyone, and I think he often must find us highly amusing! Particularly our human love of ritual....My kids were asking me about some of the pre race rituals shown on the Olympics. Not to mention the post race celebrations.
Leonard James

Lexilogio wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
Lexilogio wrote:

 God does laugh at me sometimes....


If he existed, Lexi, I'm sure he'd be rolling with laughter on the floor of heaven watching some of the daft antics his followers get up to!


As you know, I do believe that the Lord loves everyone, and I think he often must find us highly amusing! Particularly our human love of ritual....My kids were asking me about some of the pre race rituals shown on the Olympics. Not to mention the post race celebrations.

I didn't see any of it, as it doesn't interest me, but I sometimes cringe with disbelief when I accidentally catch a scene from a church service, which is nothing more than a show to impress the folk present or who watch it on TV.
Powwow

Made for television church isn't church as far as I'm concerned.
Leonard James

pow wow wrote:
Made for television church isn't church as far as I'm concerned.

How very convenient for you, PW.

Would you feel the same if a TV company was prepared to pay to film a service in your own church without any of it being modified?
The Boyg

JamesJah wrote:
Or is he a bit curious as to why some genuflect to objects around the church?


You see, if you knew anything about Catholicism beyond what you have been told you would aware that Catholics don't believe that they are genuflecting to any 'object'.
Honey 56

JamesJah wrote:
Do things because they think a god told them, is the time when they can be persuaded to murder millions who do not bob and duck the way they do.

How much persuading do Muslims need to purge the world of the infidel?


Would now be a good time to remind you James of the things that the watchtower society have had their members do 'because they are a prophet of God and He told them to"? a self professed and failed prophet by the way.  We should all heed the biblical warnings and the judgements that God has laid down in His word concerning those "who would speak presumptuously for and on behalf of God"
We ignore these warnings at our own peril James.

honey  
Jim

Just a bump, James, to remind you of your "Waving arms" bit.

1 Timothy 2:8
Psalm 134: 2

Oh, and while you're at it, have a butchers at Psalm 150.
Powwow

Leo,
My church is conservative.No shouting, rolling on the floors, no faith healing. We go in and sing old hymns, the preacher give about a 45min. sermon and we go home. Now Leo, why would a tv company pay to film that?LOL Sorry to let you down but my church is one evangelical church that is not made for tv. I bet you would fall asleep in 10 min.
JamesJah

Do churches have priests because most Christians have no knowledge of scripture, so they leave it to a few people to work for them?

Why do people go to Church?
Jim

Very sweeping statement, James...
Evidence?


Oh, and how's the arm-waving research going?
JamesJah

Arm waving was the in thing in the Jewish Temple by the priests but the instruction to do so was from their God Jehovah to make a wave offering.

Now as for religions today there is no such command so why do they do it?

Exodus 29:23, 24
also a round loaf of bread and a ring-shaped cake of oiled bread and a wafer out of the basket of unfermented cakes that is before Jehovah.  You must place them all upon the palms of Aaron and upon the palms of his sons,

and you must wave them to and fro as a wave offering before Jehovah.
Jim

I may be wrong here....
But, James, was Paul referring to Temple worship in his letter to Timothy in which he talks about Lifting our hands in prayer?
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
Very sweeping statement, James...
Evidence?


Oh, and how's the arm-waving research going?


Most of the evidence is on forums like this one is it not.

Then I find most priests today do not teach Gods purpose for mankind, how about you?
Jim

Are you asking me if I am a priest?
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
I may be wrong here....
But, James, was Paul referring to Temple worship in his letter to Timothy in which he talks about Lifting our hands in prayer?


No waving about there though possibly a little wringing of the hands though?
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
Are you asking me if I am a priest?



Priest or not you are locked into medieval traditions that have polluted the minds of Christians for years which were forced onto the early congregations by bully boy teachers of religion.

Scripture is self explanatory but no where can you find an explanation of your Trinity indoctrination, can you?
Powwow

Yes James, so how about you throw out all your watchtower rags and mags and just stick with the Bible. Fact is you Russellites can't function as Jw's without the watchtower interpreting the Bible for you. Now that's medieval.
Jim

James,
The legalistic language which infests the rules of the Church of Scotland are archaic, but hardly medieval!
And, yes - I AM a priest - part of the priesthood of all believers, as a matter of fact.
Or did Russell ignore the Reformation as well as Scripture when he created the WTBS?
Lexilogio

JamesJah wrote:
Jim wrote:
Are you asking me if I am a priest?



Priest or not you are locked into medieval traditions that have polluted the minds of Christians for years which were forced onto the early congregations by bully boy teachers of religion.

Scripture is self explanatory but no where can you find an explanation of your Trinity indoctrination, can you?


I hate to interrupt with factual information - but the Church of Scotland wasn't around in medieval times, not really. The earliest its roots can be traced to is 1560. Its a fascinating history actually - I wish I could recommend a book. I did parts of it at Uni.
Jim

Lexi;
Actually, the CofS has only existed in its present form since 1929 ( with the reunion of the CofS and most U.F churches. )
Mind you, if you've endured Presbytery meetings - it feels VERY medieval....!)
Lexilogio

Jim wrote:
Lexi;
Actually, the CofS has only existed in its present form since 1929 ( with the reunion of the CofS and most U.F churches. )
Mind you, if you've endured Presbytery meetings - it feels VERY medieval....!)


Interesting. We didn't cover that part  

We were looking at John Knox and the history of St Giles Cathedral. Or rather I was. The course work was around the links between history, buildings and historical documents.
Jim

Ah, Knox.
Maybe someone should sponsor an archaeological dig of the Court of Session car park and uncover the old chap.
He was more a mouthpiece than a thinker, though.
Buchanan was more of the brains behind the outfit!
JamesJah

Why do people go to Church to worship God?

Acts 17:24, 25
The God that made the world and all the things in it, being, as this One is, Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in handmade temples, neither is he attended to by human hands as if he needed anything, because he himself gives to all [persons] life and breath and all things.
Lexilogio

JamesJah wrote:
Why do people go to Church to worship God?

Acts 17:24, 25
The God that made the world and all the things in it, being, as this One is, Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in handmade temples, neither is he attended to by human hands as if he needed anything, because he himself gives to all [persons] life and breath and all things.


The building is irrelevant. It is the place for the people to gather which is important.
JamesJah

To do what exactly?
Jim

You mean you haven't read Acts?
Lexilogio

JamesJah wrote:
To do what exactly?


We gather together to worship God. To partake of the sacrament.
JamesJah

So you churches are not the mountain of God then?


Micah 4:1, 2
it must occur in the final part of the days [that] the mountain of the house of Jehovah will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, and it will certainly be lifted up above the hills; and to it peoples must stream. And many nations will certainly go and say:

Come, you people, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will instruct us about his ways, and we will walk in his paths. .
Ketty

JamesJah wrote:
So you churches are not the mountain of God then?


'Church' is the people, not a building.  'Church' gathers in buildings we call churches, and cathedrals, but Church can also be found in parks, homes, coffee shops . . . anywhere where people gather in His* holy name.





* I AM: the triune Godhead - God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
Jim

James;
We are the church - those who confess Jesus as Lord, and accept him, God Incarnate, as Master of our lives.

I thought you knew that!
JamesJah

As I have said then they are not the mountain of Jehovah?

Has the Catholic Church eliminated Jehovah's name altogether in their buildings?
Jim

EH?

James, I know of very few Christian Churches where the mistranslation 'Jehovah' is inscribed.
JamesJah

I know a few where the tetra gram has been erased.
JamesJah

Ketty wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
So you churches are not the mountain of God then?


'Church' is the people, not a building.  'Church' gathers in buildings we call churches, and cathedrals, but Church can also be found in parks, homes, coffee shops . . . anywhere where people gather in His* holy name.





* I AM: the triune Godhead - God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.



Typical teaching of most churches not taught by Jesus or in scripture.

John 14:28
If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am.

It would appear that some gods are greater than others something superstition and Papal reasoning could not cope with so inventing the unscriptural teaching of the trinity.
Jim

James: my compliments!
Brilliant effort to misunderstand!
"....and on you I will build my church."
Was Jesus talking about a Cathedral?
An asembly house or evem - perish the thought - a Kingdom Gall?
Look up the meaning of the word as used by Jesus.
Leonard James

Jim wrote:
Look up the meaning of the word as used by Jesus.


You mean there really are people who kid themselves they know exactly what Jesus meant when he used a word?
Jim

Good point, Len; however, in this case, I've never met a scholar, Christian or atheist, who disputes THIS particular word and its' meaning!
The Boyg

Leonard James wrote:
Jim wrote:
Look up the meaning of the word as used by Jesus.


You mean there really are people who kid themselves they know exactly what Jesus meant when he used a word?


I suppose Jim could have said "look up the meaning of the word in the context of the statement attributed to Jesus in the Gospel" but you'd have to be a real nit-picker to insist upon this.  
Honey 56

To James Jah,

You gave been taught by the Watchtower society that only you have the 'truth' and that only their organisation will allow humanity to be reconciled to God.

But if you really, sincerely had the truth of Gods Salvation you would not be crowing about how wrong everyone else is, your heart would be breaking for the lost people, those who are separated from God by their sin, you would not worry about what people call our Father in heaven, you would be sick to the stomach because they don't 'know' Him.

The bible does not instruct us to tease and torment people with scriptures that they don't understand and can have no real meaning for them without the teaching of the Holy Spirit. If you really had the truth you would follow the guidance in God’s word to  “Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect”

Jesus himself, who came to seek and save the lost did not have an air of superiority, He came as a servant, and He is our master, no servant is greater than their master, Jesus loved with true humility. He is the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through Him.

A failed prophet won't help you or anyone else, a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ most definately will.

Honey  
Ketty

Honey 56 wrote:

A failed prophet won't help you or anyone else, a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ* most definately will.


* I AM: the triune Godhead - God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.

Aye, as we keep telling dear Ralphie too.  

Which reminds me: Honey, on that thread for Ralphie were you giving me a talking to?    
Honey 56

Ketty wrote:
Honey 56 wrote:

A failed prophet won't help you or anyone else, a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ* most definately will.


* I AM: the triune Godhead - God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.

Aye, as we keep telling dear Ralphie too.  

Which reminds me: Honey, on that thread for Ralphie were you giving me a talking to?    


Dear ketty,
It looks like Ralph isn't around at the moment? I hope it's just a blip and he will come back posting again, but until then I wouldn't feel good about discussing him.

About the other thing, you seem quite concerned about it, would you like me to P.M you ?

Honey  
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
James: my compliments!
Brilliant effort to misunderstand!
"....and on you I will build my church."
Was Jesus talking about a Cathedral?
An asembly house or evem - perish the thought - a Kingdom Gall?
Look up the meaning of the word as used by Jesus.


Jesus also said that it would get filled up with weeds did he not.

And the harvest was for what exactly?
Ketty

[quote="Honey 56:75410"]
Ketty wrote:
Honey 56 wrote:

A failed prophet won't help you or anyone else, a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ* most definately will.


* I AM: the triune Godhead - God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.

Aye, as we keep telling dear Ralphie too.  

Which reminds me: Honey, on that thread for Ralphie were you giving me a talking to?    


Honey 56 wrote:

It looks like Ralph isn't around at the moment? I hope it's just a blip and he will come back posting again,


He is around and posting.  

Honey 56 wrote:
but until then I wouldn't feel good about discussing him.


Not discussing Ralphie, really just observing that the same sentiments could be expressed to him (I would have said Mormons, but of course, he says he's not a Mormon).  But either way, the comments could be made on a thread about Mormonisity.

Honey 56 wrote:
About the other thing, you seem quite concerned about it, would you like me to P.M you ?


Not concerned Honey, but curious.  If you'd rather PM that's fine, but equally I'm happy to talk openly.  Whatever you prefer.  
Jim

Well, since the Church is God's people: those who acknowledge Christ, God Incarnate, as LORD, Master, Saviour, Anchor and friend, does that answer your point, James?
Honey 56

Honey 56 wrote:
Ketty wrote:
Honey 56 wrote:

A failed prophet won't help you or anyone else, a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ* most definately will.


* I AM: the triune Godhead - God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.

Aye, as we keep telling dear Ralphie too.  

Which reminds me: Honey, on that thread for Ralphie were you giving me a talking to?    


Dear ketty,
It looks like Ralph isn't around at the moment? I hope it's just a blip and he will come back posting again, but until then I wouldn't feel good about discussing him.

About the other thing, you seem quite concerned about it, would you like me to P.M you ?

Honey  [/quote

Dear Ketty,

Yes I see that Ralph is here, I am pleased to see him back posting.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Which reminds me: Honey, on that thread for Ralphie were you giving me a talking to?    


I am not sure which post you are refering to, you seem to have combined two together so that I am a bit confused? but I do appreciate that you need an explanation, you have asked several times and on different threads so it must be important to you.

If you could point me to the post where you think I may have been ^giving you a talking to" I would be happy to respond, especially on the appropriate thread, i think it was on the 'For Ralph' thread?


Thanks Ketty

Honey  
Ketty

Honey 56 wrote:
it was on the 'For Ralph' thread?


Aye.  
Ketty

Honey 56 wrote:
. .  . you have asked several times and on different threads so it must be important to you.


As I said before, not really, but I'm glad you saw it 'cos I thought you hadn't.  Just bringing it to your attention in case you'd missed it.  Dog with a bone, moi?  Who said that?    
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
Well, since the Church is God's people: those who acknowledge Christ, God Incarnate, as LORD, Master, Saviour, Anchor and friend, does that answer your point, James?


So that we can see which are God’s people and which are not Jesus has had his faithful ones separated from the weeds so that they can be doing his will at the time of the end, all the ones not doing his will but have invented a form of mock humility and service he has reserved for judgement by the Kings of the earth when they completely destroy the great harlot that has been sitting on their backs all these years getting them to spill much blood.

The bibles advice therefore Gods will is that his people get out of her before it is too late.

Revelation 18:4-6
I heard another voice out of heaven say:

Get out of her, my people,

if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues.

Revelation 18:9, 10
The kings of the earth who committed fornication with her and lived in shameless luxury will weep and beat themselves in grief over her, when they look at the smoke from the burning of her, while they stand at a distance because of their fear of her torment and say, Too bad, too bad, you great city, Babylon you strong city, because in one hour your judgment has arrived!’

Revelation 18:21
A strong angel lifted up a stone like a great millstone and hurled it into the sea, saying: Thus with a swift pitch will Babylon the great city be hurled down, and she will never be found again.
Honey 56

Dear James,

Do you honestly  think Christ Jesus would put his true followers in an organisation that is founded on a false prophet? have you not seen the biblical teaching on a prophet who presumes to speak on behalf of God and whose prophesy fails (time and again) what our response as Christians should be and the punishment reserved for these false prophets?  

The teaching at Revelation is not something that we should take lightly, and yes we should get out of these false religions as soon as possible, we should turn to Jesus, who is the only way to God and the only name under heaven by which we may be saved. Quickly and as soon as possible, Jesus says He is coming quickly, the time is fast approaching and we should be ready and waiting and doing His will.

Honey
Jim

Re: your last post.
James: how do you manage to get your texts to relate to my answer to you?
JamesJah

So now you are the true prophet are you Honey?

How are you managing to do Gods will in the time of the end?
JamesJah

Jim wrote:
Well, since the Church is God's people: those who acknowledge Christ, God Incarnate, as LORD, Master, Saviour, Anchor and friend, does that answer your point, James?


NO
JamesJah

Matthew 7:21-23
Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?

Yet then I will confess to them: I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness.
Honey 56

JamesJah wrote:
So now you are the true prophet are you Honey?

How are you managing to do Gods will in the time of the end?


Oh no James I am not a true prophet, I would never claim to speak for Almighty God, I do however believe wholeheartedly in Gods word to us in these lasts days and I do see bible prophesy being fullfilled, especially with Gods chosen people Israel, it is a wonderfu time of fullfillment, a time never before witnessed throughout history.

I manage to do Gods will by trusting in Almighty God, His Son Jesus Christ our Messiah Yeshua and in the leading of The holy Spirit and in humble obedience to them, I could do/am nothing without them.


Honey  
Leonard James

Honey 56 wrote:

I manage to do Gods will by trusting in Almighty God, His Son Jesus Christ our Messiah Yeshua and in the leading of The holy Spirit and in humble obedience to them, I could do/am nothing without them.


Honey  


Don't underestimate your intelligence, Honey! You would be agreeably surprised at what you could do and be without them, my dear.
Honey 56

JamesJah wrote:
Matthew 7:21-23
Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?

Yet then I will confess to them: I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness.


Have you considered James that this scripture could and probably does just as well refer to the watchtower society, especially in view of their failed prophet status.

Jesus is the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the father except through Him and there is no other name under heaven by which we may be saved.


Honey
Honey 56

Leonard James wrote:
Honey 56 wrote:

I manage to do Gods will by trusting in Almighty God, His Son Jesus Christ our Messiah Yeshua and in the leading of The holy Spirit and in humble obedience to them, I could do/am nothing without them.


Honey  


Don't underestimate your intelligence, Honey! You would be agreeably surprised at what you could do and be without them, my dear.


Dear leonard, thank you so much for your vote of confidence, you are a dear, no doubt about it  

But I have tasted life both with and without my Saviour, and life was pretty grim without Him, I wouldn't want to go back there.

Intellegent , me    

I love you Leonard  

Honey
Jim

Honey;
Intelligent?
You?
Yes!
Which is why, presumably, you made the intelligent choice of opening your life to what Jesus has done/is doing/will do in you!
JamesJah

Would you say this is Gods will for our day or not?

If yes how can you do it all by yourself?

Matthew 24:14
This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.
Jim

We can't.
Acts 1:8 and see Acts 2
God the Holy Spirit in us can - and does.
Leonard James

Honey 56 wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
Honey 56 wrote:

I manage to do Gods will by trusting in Almighty God, His Son Jesus Christ our Messiah Yeshua and in the leading of The holy Spirit and in humble obedience to them, I could do/am nothing without them.


Honey  


Don't underestimate your intelligence, Honey! You would be agreeably surprised at what you could do and be without them, my dear.


Dear leonard, thank you so much for your vote of confidence, you are a dear, no doubt about it  

But I have tasted life both with and without my Saviour, and life was pretty grim without Him, I wouldn't want to go back there.

Intellegent , me    

I love you Leonard  

Honey


I have judged your intelligence by your responses here, Honey.

I have no idea what your life was like before, but I am convinced that the changes that you made when you 'found' Jesus (or Jesus found you, whichever you prefer), could have been made by just accepting the logic of the fact that we must do our best to preserve our environment, and treat others as we would like to be treated.

Of course, that wouldn't have given you any hope of an eternal life, but it would certainly have made this one rewarding and fulfilling.
cyberman

Leonard James wrote:
the logic of the fact that we must do our best to preserve our environment, and treat others as we would like to be treated.


Why is it logical to suggest that we must do these things?
Leonard James

cyberman wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
the logic of the fact that we must do our best to preserve our environment, and treat others as we would like to be treated.


Why is it logical to suggest that we must do these things?


Because if we don't protect the environment our descendants will end up with nowhere to live, and if we don't treat others kindly then we have no cause for complaint if they do the same to us.

Basic logical thinking.
cyberman

Leonard James wrote:
cyberman wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
the logic of the fact that we must do our best to preserve our environment, and treat others as we would like to be treated.


Why is it logical to suggest that we must do these things?


Because if we don't protect the environment our descendants will end up with nowhere to live, and if we don't treat others kindly then we have no cause for complaint if they do the same to us.

Basic logical thinking.


So it is only logical for people with descendents to care about the environment?
And it is only logical to treat others kindly if I care whether other people think I have just cause if I should happen to complain if anyone should ever be unkind to me?
Why is it logical to give two hoots about whether people feel I have just cause to complain or not?
If I want to stomp all over everyone else, screw future generations, get rich and have a terrific life in luxury, what does logic have to say to stop me?
Leonard James

cyberman wrote:

If I want to stomp all over everyone else, screw future generations, get rich and have a terrific life in luxury, what does logic have to say to stop me?

Logic doesn't have anything to say ... it's logical thinking that will prevent you, unless you are very thick.
cyberman

Leonard James wrote:
cyberman wrote:

If I want to stomp all over everyone else, screw future generations, get rich and have a terrific life in luxury, what does logic have to say to stop me?

it's logical thinking that will prevent you, unless you are very thick.


Don't just assert - explain. How will logical thinking prevent someone from being selfish and exploitative, if they have no descendents and don't give a toss what other people think about them?

Suggesting that I must be thick if i can't see it, while not offering an explanation, has a touch of the 'Emperor's new clothes' about it!
Leonard James

cyberman wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
cyberman wrote:

If I want to stomp all over everyone else, screw future generations, get rich and have a terrific life in luxury, what does logic have to say to stop me?

it's logical thinking that will prevent you, unless you are very thick.


Don't just assert - explain. How will logical thinking prevent someone from being selfish and exploitative, if they have no descendents and don't give a toss what other people think about them?

Because logical thinking tells us that if everybody behaves like that we will all be fighting tooth and nail, and there will always be somebody stronger than we are to make us lose.

Quote:
Suggesting that I must be thick if i can't see it, while not offering an explanation, has a touch of the 'Emperor's new clothes' about it!


I know perfectly well that you can see it. You are just feeling argumentative.

       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Christian chat Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum