Archive for nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 



       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Christian chat
Rose

Why is believing in God important ?

Why is believing in God important ?

And why would it matter to an all powerful God, (who is supposed to be love), if  someone didn't?

Unconditional love shouldn't  demand you believe in anything, surely?

Julie
Shaker

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

Rose wrote:
Why is believing in God important ?

To an atheist is isn't, not even remotely, except through the effect of those who do on those who don't (and those who believe in one brand of god on those who believe in a different brand).

To those who already do, it seems to be massively important, not merely that they themselves believe but that other people do as well. Christianity is a missionary, proselytising religion - it actively imposes itself on those who don't believe at all or believe differently in an effort to encourage (or even make, where possible) them to assent to Christianity. It makes claims that it and it alone is the last word as far as the absolute truth is concerned and the only acceptable, indeed, the only true and viable way to God. However much you soft-soap this and play it down with an embarrassed smile and a shrug of the shoulders, that is what the texts (purporting to relate the words of the founding figure) state, explicitly and unambiguously.

Quote:
And why would it matter to an all powerful God, (who is supposed to be love), if  someone didn't?

It wouldn't. This only applies to those people who think that their deity has what the great David Hume regarded as the most human of attributes, "a restless appetite for applause."

Quote:
Unconditional love shouldn't  demand you believe in anything, surely

The unconditional love of which you speak however comes with a lot of very small print and detailed T & Cs.
gone

For some, but not all of course, I suspect the fear of unbelief keeps them believing in the deity.
Shaker

Floo wrote:
For some, but not all of course, I suspect the fear of unbelief keeps them believing in the deity.

Not so much unbelief per se but rather what (some) theists believe unbelief represents and entails - no afterlife, no objective, external and absolute morality, no ultimate meaning or purpose to existence.
JMC

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

Hello Julie:
Rose wrote:
Why is believing in God important ?

And why would it matter to an all powerful God, (who is supposed to be love), if  someone didn't?

Unconditional love shouldn't  demand you believe in anything, surely?

Julie


It depends on what you mean by "believe in" - if it is just to believe in the existence of God, then this matters little to either God or the "believer" (even the demons believe and tremble...)

If you mean "believe in" as "put trust upon" then there is more importance for someone to trust in God, in the same way that trusting in someone you love and who loves you is important to receive any benefits. Putting faith in someone, trusting someone, believing someone can all be used synonymously.

Trusting in God particularly requires more faith precisely because He is, to use your words, "all-powerful" - being omnipotent means that God can use a seemingly infinite number of ways to bring about ultimate good and together with His omniscience means it would be a proud thing indeed to second-guess God's methods. On a smaller scale, you have to trust (believe in) a doctor to give you the best treatment even though you might not know how she is going to do it. If you didn't trust the doctor you might read up extensively on the procedure or alternative treatments - but then it might be that we could become paranoid and distrusting of someone who really just wants to help us. In the extreme, it might mean - through being willful and conceited in our own opinion - we refuse the doctor's advice/treatment and make ourselves sick. The same happens, to a much more extreme degree, in not following the advice/treatment prescribed by the Great Physician: Jesus Christ.

In both cases, refusing what is "good for us" starts by not truly "believing" in someone/something.
Shaker

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

JMC wrote:
Trusting in God particularly requires more faith precisely because He is, to use your words, "all-powerful"

No.

Trusting in God particularly requires more faith precisely because it's a word without a referent.
JMC

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

Shaker wrote:
JMC wrote:
Trusting in God particularly requires more faith precisely because He is, to use your words, "all-powerful"

Trusting in God particularly requires more faith precisely because it's a word without a referent.


Believing in the existence of God is not a choice, therefore your reason for why it requires more faith is null-and-void. The reason I gave was why it requires more faith to believe in the Christian God Who is omnipotent and is presumed to exist, as per Julie's question. The reason is because, precisely due to His omnipotence, it is beyond our ability to "check" that His ways and methods could have been done in a better way.

It is sometimes easier to engage/answer points that haven't been made, but not always useful.
Shaker

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

JMC wrote:
Believing in the existence of God is not a choice

I wasn't aware that I'd said it was.

Let me check.

No, I didn't.

Quote:
therefore your reason for why it requires more faith is null-and-void. The reason I gave was why it requires more faith to believe in the Christian God, Who is omnipotent, as per Julie's question. The reason is because, precisely due to His omnipotence, it is beyond our ability to "check" that His ways and methods could have been done in a better way.

This empty, meaning-free verbiage has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the word 'God' being a meaningless noise without a referent, which is what I said.

Quote:
It is sometimes easier to engage/answer points that haven't been made, but not always useful.

There you go with the irony again.
JMC

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

Shaker wrote:

There you go with the irony again.


No reference to irony-meters this time at least. Is that because you couldn't answer my question last time as to why you felt it was "needed", what this need was, and how your repeated use of the old trope served this need? If you can, then how about telling us how it adds to discussion now?
Shaker

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

JMC wrote:
No reference to irony-meters this time at least.


Allow me:




Quote:
Is that because you couldn't answer my question as to why you felt it was "needed", what this need was, and how your repeated use of the old trope served this need?

I thought the question had been answered. If it wasn't, let me do so now: pointing out irony in those who seem to lack any sense of it (i.e. somebody who makes a point about belief in God not being a choice when no such area of discussion had ever been floated) is an inherently pleasurable activity - I enjoy it and others reading the thread who also possess some sense of irony may be given pleasure thereby. It mocks and holds up to ridicule those who thoroughly deserve and merit mockery and ridicule, and that's always a pleasure and never a chore.
JMC

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

Hello Julie:
Rose wrote:
Why is believing in God important ?

And why would it matter to an all powerful God, (who is supposed to be love), if  someone didn't?

Unconditional love shouldn't  demand you believe in anything, surely?

Julie


It depends on what you mean by "believe in" - if it is just to believe in the existence of God, then this matters little to either God or the "believer" (even the demons believe and tremble...)

If you mean "believe in" as "put trust upon" then there is more importance for someone to trust in God, in the same way that trusting in someone you love and who loves you is important to receive any benefits. Putting faith in someone, trusting someone, believing someone can all be used synonymously.

Trusting in God particularly requires more faith precisely because He is, to use your words, "all-powerful" - being omnipotent means that God can use a seemingly infinite number of ways to bring about ultimate good and together with His omniscience means it would be a proud thing indeed to second-guess God's methods. On a smaller scale, you have to trust (believe in) a doctor to give you the best treatment even though you might not know how she is going to do it. If you didn't trust the doctor you might read up extensively on the procedure or alternative treatments - but then it might be that we could become paranoid and distrusting of someone who really just wants to help us. In the extreme, it might mean - through being willful and conceited in our own opinion - we refuse the doctor's advice/treatment and make ourselves sick. The same happens, to a much more extreme degree, in not following the advice/treatment prescribed by the Great Physician: Jesus Christ.

In both cases, refusing what is "good for us" starts by not truly "believing" in someone/something. For a doctor, it may actually be true that she is not competent, but this is obviously not the case with a Being Who you describe as "all-powerful".
JMC

On the "need" for using an old trope:

Shaker wrote:
I enjoy it and others reading the thread who also possess some sense of irony may be given pleasure thereby. It mocks and holds up to ridicule those who thoroughly deserve and merit mockery and ridicule, and that's always a pleasure and never a chore.


First of all, your idea that other people may gain pleasure by you posting pictures of irony-meters
More importantly though, the original question was asked because of this post:

Shaker wrote:
JMC wrote:
Oh, does Shaker still use it regularly?
Alas, It's still regularly needed


In other words you seemed quite sad at the fact you still "needed" to use it regularly. Which is why I wondered what you thought this need was and how posting pictures served this need. Now you are saying that this need was to satisfy your predilection for mocking other people. Does this mean the fact you enjoy mocking people and feel a need to do so is something you are sad about, particularly that you have the "need" to satisfy this urge "regularly"? If not, how do you reconcile your two posts?
JamesJah

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

Rose wrote:
Why is believing in God important ?

And why would it matter to an all powerful God, (who is supposed to be love), if  someone didn't?

Unconditional love shouldn't  demand you believe in anything, surely?

Julie


When was the last time you saw a child blown to pieces by an anti personal mine and you did not care?

Did you see the open the prison at Belson after the war?
JMC

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

JamesJah wrote:


When was the last time you saw a child blown to pieces by an anti personal mine and you did not care?

Did you see the open the prison at Belson after the war?


Please explain how your answer refers to the questions in the OP and try to do so without posing any questions within your own reply.
Shaker

JMC wrote:
In other words you seemed quite sad at the fact you still "needed" to use it regularly.

Not quite: I was sad, rather, that some people have so little self-awareness and so little sense of irony that they keep on trotting out the same old twaddle and don't realise that that's what they're doing. That's a shame for them - it's a pity they're not more intelligent and more self-aware -, but I'm not going to forbear pointing it out.
Quote:
Does this mean the fact you enjoy mocking people and feel a need to do so is something you are sad about

Goodness me, no!
Quote:
particularly that you have the "need" to satisfy this urge "regularly"? If not, how do you reconcile your two posts?

With the answer I've just given  
JMC

Shaker wrote:

Quote:
Does this mean the fact you enjoy mocking people and feel a need to do so is something you are sad about

Goodness me, no!


Well, I didn't have high hopes that would be the case. But given that, it's good at least to have your predilections and what aspects of "debate" you enjoy explicitly stated.

Quote:
Not quite: I was sad, rather, that some people have so little self-awareness and so little sense of irony that they keep on trotting out the same old twaddle and don't realise that that's what they're doing.


But surely those people are enabling you to engage in what you enjoy. As for pitying them - well it works both ways. There are, I am sure, a few people out there who would see that someone who gains enjoyment from the mockery of others as worthy of no small amount of pity too.

I suppose it depends on what is more pitiable:

(a) Not being seen as intelligent.
(b) Gaining enjoyment from mocking other people.

I know which one I would rather be pitied for.
Shaker

JMC wrote:
Shaker wrote:

Quote:
Does this mean the fact you enjoy mocking people and feel a need to do so is something you are sad about

Goodness me, no!


Well, I didn't have high hopes that would be the case. But given that, it's good at least to have your predilections and what aspects of "debate" you enjoy explicitly stated.

I enjoy all aspects of debate, but the tenor of my replies depends on the level at which it's pitched. If somebody can conduct a debate seriously, intelligently and rationally, putting forward sensible and articulate points, I'm only too delighted to reply in kind. There have been some spankingly good discussions of that nature on here. On the other kettle of fish, if somebody evidently has no intention of doing that (often because they're simply unable to) then I've no objection at all to playing along in the same vein
gone

If the resurrection story is true, popping up alive after 3 days is no way comparable with someone laying down their life for another with no possibility of resurrection.
Shaker

Quite. Hence the old T-shirt: "Jesus had a crap Easter weekend for your sins."
JMC

Floo wrote:
If the resurrection story is true, popping up alive after 3 days is no way comparable with someone laying down their life for another with no possibility of resurrection.


Are you sure you posted in the right thread? It might help if you quote what post you're replying to... or is your post not a response to anything said/asked by anyone on this thread?
JamesJah

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

JMC wrote:
JamesJah wrote:


When was the last time you saw a child blown to pieces by an anti personal mine and you did not care?

Did you see the open the prison at Belson after the war?


Please explain how your answer refers to the questions in the OP and try to do so without posing any questions within your own reply.


There is one simple answer Judgement day is nearly over and his judge is rewarding those being judged according to their deeds.

1 Peter 4:17
For it is the appointed time for the judgment to start with the house of God. Now if it starts first with us, what will the outcome be for those who are not obedient to the good news of God?

If you have not noticed the judgement has started and is well on its way just keep your eye on those religions that think that they have God's favour you might be surprised to see which has and which has not.






Click to see full size image
JMC

Sooo.... fear of Judgement?
JamesJah

JMC wrote:
Sooo.... fear of Judgement?


2 Peter 3:3, 4
For you know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.


Matthew 7:21-23
Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.

Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!

What is the Fathers will?
JMC

I was asking, James, that in reply to the question in the OP - your answer is "fear of the Judgement"? I would expect to see a post that begins with either a "yes" or a "no". I wouldn't even dream of limiting your post to a single-word answer - but I will insist that it at least begins with yes or no.
Sebastian Toe

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

JamesJah wrote:

There is one simple answer Judgement day is nearly over and his judge is rewarding those being judged according to their deeds.


If you have not noticed the judgement has started and is well on its way just keep your eye on those religions that think that they have God's favour you might be surprised to see which has and which has not.



When did it start?
How much of its way is it up to?

If it is nearly over, when is it due to complete? As , nearly, in common understanding, suggests sometime in the fairly close future, so are you talking weeks, months or years?
The Boyg

JMC wrote:
Floo wrote:
If the resurrection story is true, popping up alive after 3 days is no way comparable with someone laying down their life for another with no possibility of resurrection.


Are you sure you posted in the right thread? It might help if you quote what post you're replying to... or is your post not a response to anything said/asked by anyone on this thread?


I think that she may have got confused and thought that she was replying to the similar thread on the R&E board http://www.religionethics.co.uk/index.php?topic=8527.0 where the ironically named "BeRational" has raised the whole "three days dead is no biggie" meme.
JMC

Ah, okay.
JamesJah

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

Sebastian Toe wrote:
JamesJah wrote:

There is one simple answer Judgement day is nearly over and his judge is rewarding those being judged according to their deeds.


If you have not noticed the judgement has started and is well on its way just keep your eye on those religions that think that they have God's favour you might be surprised to see which has and which has not.



When did it start?
How much of its way is it up to?

If it is nearly over, when is it due to complete? As , nearly, in common understanding, suggests sometime in the fairly close future, so are you talking weeks, months or years?


We are so far forward in the judgement that you will not have to jump up and down much longer.

Revelation 15:1
I saw in heaven another sign, great and wonderful, seven angels with seven plagues. These are the last ones, because by means of them the anger of God is brought to a finish.

Revelation 16:8, 9
The fourth one poured out his bowl on the sun, and to the sun it was granted to scorch the people with fire. And the people were scorched by the great heat, but they blasphemed the name of God, who has the authority over these plagues, and they did not repent and give glory to him.

Now tell me there is no such thing as global warming?






Click to see full size image
Leonard James

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

Rose wrote:
Why is believing in God important ?


It isn't, unless you would be a bad person without it, in which case you are best left with it for everybody else's sake.

Quote:
And why would it matter to an all powerful God, (who is supposed to be love), if  someone didn't?


It wouldn't unless he's a tad petty.

Quote:
Unconditional love shouldn't  demand you believe in anything, surely?


Quite! Love should make no demands if it's real love.
JamesJah

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

Leonard James wrote:
Rose wrote:
Why is believing in God important ?


It isn't, unless you would be a bad person without it, in which case you are best left with it for everybody else's sake.

Quote:
And why would it matter to an all powerful God, (who is supposed to be love), if  someone didn't?


It wouldn't unless he's a tad petty.

Quote:
Unconditional love shouldn't  demand you believe in anything, surely?


Quite! Love should make no demands if it's real love.


How are you at living for ever?
Sebastian Toe

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

JamesJah wrote:
Sebastian Toe wrote:


When did it start?
How much of its way is it up to?

If it is nearly over, when is it due to complete? As , nearly, in common understanding, suggests sometime in the fairly close future, so are you talking weeks, months or years?


We are so far forward in the judgement that you will not have to jump up and down much longer.



As you seem to have a handle on the process, perhaps you could define your 'much longer' for which we will not have to wait for?

Is it sometime in the fairly close future, so are you talking weeks, months or years?
JamesJah

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

Sebastian Toe wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Sebastian Toe wrote:


When did it start?
How much of its way is it up to?

If it is nearly over, when is it due to complete? As , nearly, in common understanding, suggests sometime in the fairly close future, so are you talking weeks, months or years?


We are so far forward in the judgement that you will not have to jump up and down much longer.



As you seem to have a handle on the process, perhaps you could define your 'much longer' for which we will not have to wait for?

Is it sometime in the fairly close future, so are you talking weeks, months or years?


No one can tell you how long because God has promised to cut the days short because if he did not no flesh could be saved.

According to Jesus those days would be the same as in Noah's day, and they had a 120 yr. period of judgement.

So far you have had 100 yrs. of judgement.

Matthew 24:21, 22
for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again.

 In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.



Matthew 24:37-39
For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. For as they were in those days before the Flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and they took no note until the Flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be.
Ketty

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

Shaker wrote:
Rose wrote:
Why is believing in God important ?


To an atheist is isn't, not even remotely, except through the effect of those who do on those who don't (and those who believe in one brand of god on those who believe in a different brand).




I will also observe that even Satan believes in God.
Leonard James

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

JamesJah wrote:

How are you at living for ever?


Wanting to live for ever is self-love.
Leonard James

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

Ketty wrote:


I will also observe that even Satan believes in God.


As do many other fictitious characters.  
JamesJah

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

Leonard James wrote:
JamesJah wrote:

How are you at living for ever?


Wanting to live for ever is self-love.


And what is thinking one is smarter than the one who created them?




Look I am coming in the clouds and the reward I have is with me.
Leonard James

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

JamesJah wrote:


And what is thinking one is smarter than the one who created them?



I wasn't created, any more than you were. We are both the result of millions of years of evolution.

For goodness' sake wake up and stop parroting the Bible as if it were all true. It's a creation fable man, just like many others.
JamesJah

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

Leonard James wrote:
JamesJah wrote:


And what is thinking one is smarter than the one who created them?



I wasn't created, any more than you were. We are both the result of millions of years of evolution.

For goodness' sake wake up and stop parroting the Bible as if it were all true. It's a creation fable man, just like many others.


Tell that to your mother.

By the way this Weeks New Scientist has an article showing why enzymes an essential for life could not have evolved. page 12
Leonard James

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

JamesJah wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
JamesJah wrote:


And what is thinking one is smarter than the one who created them?



I wasn't created, any more than you were. We are both the result of millions of years of evolution.

For goodness' sake wake up and stop parroting the Bible as if it were all true. It's a creation fable man, just like many others.


Tell that to your mother.

By the way this Weeks New Scientist has an article showing why enzymes an essential for life could not have evolved. page 12


Tell that to your mother!  Here is what the New Scientist actually says :-

http://www.newscientist.com/artic...ered-early-life.html#.Uy3tgahdWos

Have a nice weekend!
Jim

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

Leonard James wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
JamesJah wrote:


And what is thinking one is smarter than the one who created them?



I wasn't created, any more than you were. We are both the result of millions of years of evolution.

For goodness' sake wake up and stop parroting the Bible as if it were all true. It's a creation fable man, just like many others.


Tell that to your mother.

By the way this Weeks New Scientist has an article showing why enzymes an essential for life could not have evolved. page 12


Tell that to your mother!  Here is what the New Scientist actually says :-

http://www.newscientist.com/artic...ered-early-life.html#.Uy3tgahdWos

Have a nice weekend!
 


What? a member of the WTBTS cherry picking bits of an article to try and make it say something it DOESN'T say?
Who'd have believed it?



Er........


Millions who know how many times the Brooklyn deceivers society have done the same thing  far too msny times before.
bnabernard

Yer and not only that JJ you expect people to believe that God created Adam and Eve, and that there was a global flood, who do you think you are expecting us to put our faith in Gods word.

Now Jim he's got the handle on things far better, he's been looking over the shoulders of men who say they got a better answer than God and know much more.

Cor blimey mate, miracles, you must be having a laugh.

bernard (hug)
JamesJah

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

Jim wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
JamesJah wrote:


And what is thinking one is smarter than the one who created them?



I wasn't created, any more than you were. We are both the result of millions of years of evolution.

For goodness' sake wake up and stop parroting the Bible as if it were all true. It's a creation fable man, just like many others.


Tell that to your mother.

By the way this Weeks New Scientist has an article showing why enzymes an essential for life could not have evolved. page 12


Tell that to your mother!  Here is what the New Scientist actually says :-

http://www.newscientist.com/artic...ered-early-life.html#.Uy3tgahdWos

Have a nice weekend!
 


What? a member of the WTBTS cherry picking bits of an article to try and make it say something it DOESN'T say?
Who'd have believed it?



Er........


Millions who know how many times the Brooklyn deceivers society have done the same thing  far too msny times before.


Caught it off some coming here who write out lists of dates that they do not comprehend as if no one else does either.

Who think the can turn ther teachings of the bible as an excuse for loose conduct.

Men of no faith in their creator and have completely distorted his word so that now they worship sacred poles a triad of gods and worship dead people as mediators, do they not?

Why is it essential for Christians to get out of Babylon the Great?






Click to see full size image
JamesJah

bnabernard wrote:
Yer and not only that JJ you expect people to believe that God created Adam and Eve, and that there was a global flood, who do you think you are expecting us to put our faith in Gods word.

Now Jim he's got the handle on things far better, he's been looking over the shoulders of men who say they got a better answer than God and know much more.

Cor blimey mate, miracles, you must be having a laugh.

bernard (hug)


When I used to go to church I thought all Christians were wheat even though some where trying to rule the world.

Now I know better, I hope.
Jim

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

JamesJah wrote:
Jim wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
JamesJah wrote:


And what is thinking one is smarter than the one who created them?



I wasn't created, any more than you were. We are both the result of millions of years of evolution.

For goodness' sake wake up and stop parroting the Bible as if it were all true. It's a creation fable man, just like many others.


Tell that to your mother.

By the way this Weeks New Scientist has an article showing why enzymes an essential for life could not have evolved. page 12


Tell that to your mother!  Here is what the New Scientist actually says :-

http://www.newscientist.com/artic...ered-early-life.html#.Uy3tgahdWos

Have a nice weekend!
 


What? a member of the WTBTS cherry picking bits of an article to try and make it say something it DOESN'T say?
Who'd have believed it?



Er........


Millions who know how many times the Brooklyn deceivers society have done the same thing  far too msny times before.


Caught it off some coming here who write out lists of dates that they do not comprehend as if no one else does either.

Who think the can turn ther teachings of the bible as an excuse for loose conduct.

Men of no faith in their creator and have completely distorted his word so that now they worship sacred poles a triad of gods and worship dead people as mediators, do they not?

Why is it essential for Christians to get out of Babylon the Great?






Click to see full size image
 




Use of option 2 noted.
Jim

Well, yet another dodge by our James...which is very much in character with the WTBTS regime of lies, misquotes, deceptions and falsehoods.
Why shouldn't we be surprised?
Witness this disgusting misquote of a great theologian and very scholarly writer by the deception masters of the WT

http://www.bible.ca/trinity/trinity-Barclay.htm
JamesJah

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

Jim wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Jim wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
JamesJah wrote:


And what is thinking one is smarter than the one who created them?



I wasn't created, any more than you were. We are both the result of millions of years of evolution.

For goodness' sake wake up and stop parroting the Bible as if it were all true. It's a creation fable man, just like many others.


Tell that to your mother.

By the way this Weeks New Scientist has an article showing why enzymes an essential for life could not have evolved. page 12


Tell that to your mother!  Here is what the New Scientist actually says :-

http://www.newscientist.com/artic...ered-early-life.html#.Uy3tgahdWos

Have a nice weekend!
 


What? a member of the WTBTS cherry picking bits of an article to try and make it say something it DOESN'T say?
Who'd have believed it?



Er........


Millions who know how many times the Brooklyn deceivers society have done the same thing  far too msny times before.


Caught it off some coming here who write out lists of dates that they do not comprehend as if no one else does either.

Who think the can turn ther teachings of the bible as an excuse for loose conduct.

Men of no faith in their creator and have completely distorted his word so that now they worship sacred poles a triad of gods and worship dead people as mediators, do they not?

Why is it essential for Christians to get out of Babylon the Great?






Click to see full size image
 




Use of option 2 noted.


You claim to be a Christ who actually believes you?

Di early life exist without enzymes. it would have to have done because each enzyme is specialised for the job it had to do, like a lock needs a key that fit so the enzyme is the key how do you get the lock and the key evolving together????

Ever heard of symbioses one plant not being able to grow without the other?

Lichen is a prime example, so Christians who have been fooled by the dream world of science can not say they have any faith in what Jesus taught.
Jim

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

JamesJah wrote:
Jim wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Jim wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
JamesJah wrote:


And what is thinking one is smarter than the one who created them?

 



Rubbish.

I wasn't created, any more than you were. We are both the result of millions of years of evolution.

For goodness' sake wake up and stop parroting the Bible as if it were all true. It's a creation fable man, just like many others.


Tell that to your mother.

By the way this Weeks New Scientist has an article showing why enzymes an essential for life could not have evolved. page 12


Tell that to your mother!  Here is what the New Scientist actually says :-

http://www.newscientist.com/artic...ered-early-life.html#.Uy3tgahdWos

Have a nice weekend!
 


What? a member of the WTBTS cherry picking bits of an article to try and make it say something it DOESN'T say?
Who'd have believed it?



Er........


Millions who know how many times the Brooklyn deceivers society have done the same thing  far too msny times before.


Caught it off some coming here who write out lists of dates that they do not comprehend as if no one else does either.

Who think the can turn ther teachings of the bible as an excuse for loose conduct.

Men of no faith in their creator and have completely distorted his word so that now they worship sacred poles a triad of gods and worship dead people as mediators, do they not?

Why is it essential for Christians to get out of Babylon the Great?






Click to see full size image
 




Use of option 2 noted.


You claim to be a Christ who actually believes you?

Di early life exist without enzymes. it would have to have done because each enzyme is specialised for the job it had to do, like a lock needs a key that fit so the enzyme is the key how do you get the lock and the key evolving together????

Ever heard of symbioses one plant not being able to grow without the other?

Lichen is a prime example, so Christians who have been fooled by the dream world of science can not say they have any faith in what Jesus taught.
 


Rubbish!
Sebastian Toe

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

JamesJah wrote:
Sebastian Toe wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Sebastian Toe wrote:


When did it start?
How much of its way is it up to?

If it is nearly over, when is it due to complete? As , nearly, in common understanding, suggests sometime in the fairly close future, so are you talking weeks, months or years?


We are so far forward in the judgement that you will not have to jump up and down much longer.



As you seem to have a handle on the process, perhaps you could define your 'much longer' for which we will not have to wait for?

Is it sometime in the fairly close future, so are you talking weeks, months or years?


No one can tell you how long

.


But you are telling us how long, by stating that
' you will not have to jump up and down much longer'
That is a confident statement, which in common understanding would certainly not suggest a timespan as long as say, a decade!

JamesJah wrote:


According to Jesus those days would be the same as in Noah's day, and they had a 120 yr. period of judgement.

So far you have had 100 yrs. of judgement.

.



So 20 years, or less to go then? Is that what you are saying?

What happened 100 years ago to start the judgement process?
bnabernard

A bloke I know had a stroke two actualy on the same day, TIA's, as a consequence he was given an option to have surgery on an artery in his neck and have some blockage removed or leave it and face a potentialy more life threatening stroke, or worse, a damaging stroke.
Primarily the surgeon said with stern conviction, was that he should give up smoking, something he had been doing and was comfortable with for fifty odd years.
He was in a stroke ward, somewhere where he would not normaly visit and was surrounded by the evidence of what the doctors were getting at.

Changes had to be made, however, what could not be informed was that should these changes not take place the was the hour or the day that mortality would occur, simply that it would.

Now for years, from reasonably early childhood this man had been warned against smoking, and I think we are all familiar with that, and it's true that at the time of his TIA he was looking to change his ways and had made inroads into the e-cig world which had met with more aproval by his doctors than the continuation of the poison filled cigarette.

Now this bloke has in his life had many near death experiences in fact he has been struck by lightening at one point, he is his fathers seventh son so might be excused for some rather blarzie (?) attitude towards his mortality.

What do you think, should he give up smoking and make some life changes? eh Seb, or should he trow caution to the wind and say, ''well it ain't got me yet, lifes for living'' ?

bernard (hug)
Sebastian Toe

bnabernard wrote:
A bloke I know had a stroke two actualy on the same day, TIA's, as a consequence he was given an option to have surgery on an artery in his neck and have some blockage removed or leave it and face a potentialy more life threatening stroke, or worse, a damaging stroke.
Primarily the surgeon said with stern conviction, was that he should give up smoking, something he had been doing and was comfortable with for fifty odd years.
He was in a stroke ward, somewhere where he would not normaly visit and was surrounded by the evidence of what the doctors were getting at.

Changes had to be made, however, what could not be informed was that should these changes not take place the was the hour or the day that mortality would occur, simply that it would.

Now for years, from reasonably early childhood this man had been warned against smoking, and I think we are all familiar with that, and it's true that at the time of his TIA he was looking to change his ways and had made inroads into the e-cig world which had met with more aproval by his doctors than the continuation of the poison filled cigarette.

Now this bloke has in his life had many near death experiences in fact he has been struck by lightening at one point, he is his fathers seventh son so might be excused for some rather blarzie (?) attitude towards his mortality.

What do you think, should he give up smoking and make some life changes? eh Seb, or should he trow caution to the wind and say, ''well it ain't got me yet, lifes for living'' ?

bernard (hug)


Why don't you ask a doctor?
bnabernard

What a different  doctor than the one who advised him?

bernard (hug)
Ketty

Ach, throw caution to the wind and live!  Life is indeed for living and we must be mature enough to know and accept the consequences of our life-decisions.

Regarding the superficially 'Christian' stuff in this thread:

By Faith, I believe Christ is exactly who He says He is: God incarnate.  
By Faith, I believe the Bible is God-breathed.
By Faith, I believe the Biblical account of Creation.
By Faith, I believe the Biblical account of the Fall.

So yes, in the vernacular I'm a YEC and believe that the ones we call Adam and Eve were the first human beings.  Sue me.  
Shaker

Ketty wrote:
Ach, throw caution to the wind and live!  Life is indeed for living and we must be mature enough to know and accept the consequences of our life-decisions.

Regarding the superficially 'Christian' stuff in this thread:

By Faith, I believe Christ is exactly who He says He is: God incarnate.  
By Faith, I believe the Bible is God-breathed.
By Faith, I believe the Biblical account of Creation.
By Faith, I believe the Biblical account of the Fall.

So yes, in the vernacular I'm a YEC and believe that the ones we call Adam and Eve were the first human beings.  Sue me.  

This is why faith is a poison which causes people who would otherwise be sane, sensible and rational individuals to believe in things which in some part of their brain they must surely know are complete and utter twaddle.

Faith is an enemy of sanity - perhaps its greatest -, and that's why I'm an enemy of it.
Ketty

Shaker wrote:
This is why faith is a poison which causes people who would otherwise be sane, sensible and rational individuals to believe in things which in some part of their brain they must surely know are complete and utter twaddle.

Faith is an enemy of sanity - perhaps its greatest -, and that's why I'm an enemy of it.


It's a catch 22.  If you don't have faith then you will think as you do, and that's right for you.  I live by Hebrews 11:  Faith means being sure of the things we hope for and knowing that something is real even if we do not see it.

My Faith is not a poison to me - hopefully it's not a poison to you.
JamesJah

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

Sebastian Toe wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Sebastian Toe wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Sebastian Toe wrote:


When did it start?
How much of its way is it up to?

If it is nearly over, when is it due to complete? As , nearly, in common understanding, suggests sometime in the fairly close future, so are you talking weeks, months or years?


We are so far forward in the judgement that you will not have to jump up and down much longer.



As you seem to have a handle on the process, perhaps you could define your 'much longer' for which we will not have to wait for?

Is it sometime in the fairly close future, so are you talking weeks, months or years?


No one can tell you how long

.


But you are telling us how long, by stating that
' you will not have to jump up and down much longer'
That is a confident statement, which in common understanding would certainly not suggest a timespan as long as say, a decade!

JamesJah wrote:


According to Jesus those days would be the same as in Noah's day, and they had a 120 yr. period of judgement.

So far you have had 100 yrs. of judgement.

.



So 20 years, or less to go then? Is that what you are saying?

What happened 100 years ago to start the judgement process?


This happened.

Revelation 12:7-10
war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven. So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.

And this>>>\/

Revelation 12:10
I heard a loud voice in heaven say: “Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the Kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, .


And this>>>>\/

Revelation 12:12
Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time.


What is advised for earth people at this time?

Zephaniah 2:2, 3
Before the decree takes effect, Before the day passes by like chaff, Before the burning anger of Jehovah comes upon you, Before the day of Jehovah’s anger comes upon you,  Seek Jehovah, all you meek ones of the earth, Who observe his righteous decrees. Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably you will be concealed on the day of Jehovah’s anger. 
Shaker

Ketty wrote:
It's a catch 22.  If you don't have faith then you will think as you do, and that's right for you.

Admirably po-mo and relativistic (I thought that was supposed to be a big no-no?), but also incorrect from the viewpoint of the many millions of people the world over who also say they have faith - Christian faith specifically at that - but don't believe in the Biblical account of creation and don't believe in Adam and Eve. There's not just faith in box A and the absence of faith in box B, at least in this sense: it may well be the case that you've either got it or you haven't, but where it does exist there are a million different shades and degrees of it (which is another reason why it's a vapid and vacuous concept, but that's another discussion).
Sebastian Toe

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

JamesJah wrote:


This happened.

Revelation 12:7-10
. 


When?


JamesJah wrote:

And this>>>\/

Revelation 12:10

. 


When?


JamesJah wrote:

And this>>>>\/

Revelation 12:12
. 


When?


JamesJah wrote:


According to Jesus those days would be the same as in Noah's day, and they had a 120 yr. period of judgement.

So far you have had 100 yrs. of judgement.

.



So 20 years, or less to go then? Is that what you are saying?

What happened 100 years ago to start the judgement process?
JamesJah

Shaker wrote:
Ketty wrote:
Ach, throw caution to the wind and live!  Life is indeed for living and we must be mature enough to know and accept the consequences of our life-decisions.

Regarding the superficially 'Christian' stuff in this thread:

By Faith, I believe Christ is exactly who He says He is: God incarnate.  
By Faith, I believe the Bible is God-breathed.
By Faith, I believe the Biblical account of Creation.
By Faith, I believe the Biblical account of the Fall.

So yes, in the vernacular I'm a YEC and believe that the ones we call Adam and Eve were the first human beings.  Sue me.  

This is why faith is a poison which causes people who would otherwise be sane, sensible and rational individuals to believe in things which in some part of their brain they must surely know are complete and utter twaddle.

Faith is an enemy of sanity - perhaps its greatest -, and that's why I'm an enemy of it.


Todays thought for the day.

Psalm 94:11, 12
Jehovah knows the thoughts of men, That they are but a mere breath.

 Happy is the man whom you correct, O Jah, Whom you teach from your law,
Shaker

 
JamesJah

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

Sebastian Toe wrote:
JamesJah wrote:


This happened.

Revelation 12:7-10
. 


When?


JamesJah wrote:

And this>>>\/

Revelation 12:10

. 


When?


JamesJah wrote:

And this>>>>\/

Revelation 12:12
. 


When?


JamesJah wrote:


According to Jesus those days would be the same as in Noah's day, and they had a 120 yr. period of judgement.

So far you have had 100 yrs. of judgement.

.



So 20 years, or less to go then? Is that what you are saying?

What happened 100 years ago to start the judgement process?


What is it about those days will be CUT SHORT is it that you do not understand?
JamesJah

Shaker wrote:
 


Isaiah 55:8, 9
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, And your ways are not my ways,” declares Jehovah.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So my ways are higher than your ways And my thoughts than your thoughts.
Ketty

Shaker wrote:
Admirably po-mo and relativistic (I thought that was supposed to be a big no-no?), but also incorrect from the viewpoint of the many millions of people the world over who also say they have faith - Christian faith specifically at that - but don't believe in the Biblical account of creation and don't believe in Adam and Eve. There's not just faith in box A and the absence of faith in box B, at least in this sense: it may well be the case that you've either got it or you haven't, but where it does exist there are a million different shades and degrees of it (which is another reason why it's a vapid and vacuous concept, but that's another discussion).


By Faith I believe we will ALL have to account for ourselves and what we did in His or for His name's sake - or otherwise.
Lexilogio

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

Rose wrote:
Why is believing in God important ?

And why would it matter to an all powerful God, (who is supposed to be love), if  someone didn't?

Unconditional love shouldn't  demand you believe in anything, surely?

Julie


I'd say because it brings greater happiness.

God wants us to love, and he wants us to be happy. Living in his light is what brings greater happiness and contentment.
Shaker

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

Lexilogio wrote:
I'd say because it brings greater happiness.

To whom, though? I'm one of those atheists who never had any belief to lose in the first place so I'm in no position to compare, but there are umpteen atheists who were believers once and who now speak of the happiness non-belief brings them as opposed to their former beliefs which were oppressive. Nate Phelps springs to mind, but so do a great many others whose testimonies I've read. They are happier, more contented, more secure people as atheists than they were as theists. A lot of people know that the athlete Jonathan Edwards used to be such a devout Christian that he refused to compete on a Sunday; equally a lot of people know that in 2007, for whatever reason, his religious beliefs simply evaporated. Disappeared. At the time he said: "I feel internally happier than at any time of my life." Now that may not have lasted, some would say, save that he was interviewed last month when he reiterated:

Quote:
I am happy and actually it's fine. I don’t miss my faith. In many ways I feel more settled and happier in myself without it. I don't know if that is related to losing my faith or would have been the case anyway, but it's a non-issue as far as I am concerned. Seven years on I don’t feel a gap in my life and I suppose that’s the proof of the pudding isn’t it? Had I suddenly thought that life doesn’t quite feel right, maybe I'd re-examine that – re-examine my faith. In fact, more than ever, I feel comfortable with where I am in life.


So Edwards, like so many, seems happier as an atheist than a theist. I've no reason to doubt, much less deny, his word.
Jim

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

Sebastian Toe wrote:
JamesJah wrote:


This happened.

Revelation 12:7-10
. 


When?


JamesJah wrote:

And this>>>\/

Revelation 12:10

. 


When?


JamesJah wrote:

And this>>>>\/

Revelation 12:12
. 


When?


JamesJah wrote:


According to Jesus those days would be the same as in Noah's day, and they had a 120 yr. period of judgement.

So far you have had 100 yrs. of judgement.

.



So 20 years, or less to go then? Is that what you are saying?  


-
Seb....
Do you wish to modify these last two lines of your post (below), in the almost certain event that 1914 is gonna crop up, and I'll have a headache, 'cos I'll be mentioning pyramidology again?
-

What happened 100 years ago to start the judgement process?
Leonard James

Certainly losing my faith brought me greater peace of mind and happiness. I was no longer plagued with doubts about the contradictions in what I believed and reality. I no longer had to try to content myself with the answer "God knows best" when I asked about the terrible natural disasters that happened in the world.

Suddenly everything fell into place, and people who still believe can never understand the joy that goes with realising there is no "God".
JamesJah

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

Shaker wrote:
Lexilogio wrote:
I'd say because it brings greater happiness.

To whom, though? I'm one of those atheists who never had any belief to lose in the first place so I'm in no position to compare, but there are umpteen atheists who were believers once and who now speak of the happiness non-belief brings them as opposed to their former beliefs which were oppressive. Nate Phelps springs to mind, but so do a great many others whose testimonies I've read. They are happier, more contented, more secure people as atheists than they were as theists. A lot of people know that the athlete Jonathan Edwards used to be such a devout Christian that he refused to compete on a Sunday; equally a lot of people know that in 2007, for whatever reason, his religious beliefs simply evaporated. Disappeared. At the time he said: "I feel internally happier than at any time of my life." Now that may not have lasted, some would say, save that he was interviewed last month when he reiterated:

Quote:
I am happy and actually it's fine. I don’t miss my faith. In many ways I feel more settled and happier in myself without it. I don't know if that is related to losing my faith or would have been the case anyway, but it's a non-issue as far as I am concerned. Seven years on I don’t feel a gap in my life and I suppose that’s the proof of the pudding isn’t it? Had I suddenly thought that life doesn’t quite feel right, maybe I'd re-examine that – re-examine my faith. In fact, more than ever, I feel comfortable with where I am in life.


So Edwards, like so many, seems happier as an atheist than a theist. I've no reason to doubt, much less deny, his word.


People should not feel too much effort being required of them on the brad road now should they?

Matthew 7:13, 14
Go in through the narrow gate, because broad is the gate and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are going in through it;

whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are finding it
JamesJah

Leonard James wrote:
Certainly losing my faith brought me greater peace of mind and happiness. I was no longer plagued with doubts about the contradictions in what I believed and reality. I no longer had to try to content myself with the answer "God knows best" when I asked about the terrible natural disasters that happened in the world.

Suddenly everything fell into place, and people who still believe can never understand the joy that goes with realising there is no "God".


1 Peter 5:6-10
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, so that he may exalt you in due time,

 while you throw all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you. 8 Keep your senses, be watchful! Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.

 But take your stand against him, firm in the faith, knowing that the same kind of sufferings are being experienced by the entire association of your brothers in the world.

But after you have suffered a little while, the God of all undeserved kindness, who called you to his everlasting glory in union with Christ, will himself finish your training. He will make you firm, he will make you strong, he will firmly ground you.
Shaker

Bible bot  
Leonard James

JamesJah wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
Certainly losing my faith brought me greater peace of mind and happiness. I was no longer plagued with doubts about the contradictions in what I believed and reality. I no longer had to try to content myself with the answer "God knows best" when I asked about the terrible natural disasters that happened in the world.

Suddenly everything fell into place, and people who still believe can never understand the joy that goes with realising there is no "God".


1 Peter 5:6-10
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, so that he may exalt you in due time,

 while you throw all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you. 8 Keep your senses, be watchful! Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.

 But take your stand against him, firm in the faith, knowing that the same kind of sufferings are being experienced by the entire association of your brothers in the world.

But after you have suffered a little while, the God of all undeserved kindness, who called you to his everlasting glory in union with Christ, will himself finish your training. He will make you firm, he will make you strong, he will firmly ground you.


Unmitigated bullshit.
JamesJah

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

[quote="Jim:112247"]
Sebastian Toe wrote:
JamesJah wrote:

[
So 20 years, or less to go then? Is that what you are saying?  

Seb....
Do you wish to modify these last two lines of your post (below), in the almost certain event that 1914 is gonna crop up, and I'll have a headache, 'cos I'll be mentioning pyramidology again?
-
What happened 100 years ago to start the judgement process?


No one here is in the least taken with the falls teaching which you keep spreading using the excuse of some old mans conjecture of a hundred years ago.

Why was Jehovah going to excuse Egypt?

Isaiah 19:19-22
In that day there will be an altar to Jehovah in the middle of the land of Egypt and a pillar to Jehovah at its boundary. It will be for a sign and for a witness to Jehovah of armies in the land of Egypt; for they will cry out to Jehovah because of the oppressors, and he will send them a saviour, a grand one, who will save them. And Jehovah will become known to the Egyptians, and the Egyptians will know Jehovah in that day, and they will offer sacrifices and gifts and make a vow to Jehovah and pay it. Jehovah will strike Egypt, striking and healing it; and they will return to Jehovah, and he will respond to their entreaties and heal them.

How many Christians have a knowledge of this then?
Jim

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

[quote="JamesJah:112292"]
Jim wrote:
Sebastian Toe wrote:
JamesJah wrote:

[
So 20 years, or less to go then? Is that what you are saying?  

Seb....
Do you wish to modify these last two lines of your post (below), in the almost certain event that 1914 is gonna crop up, and I'll have a headache, 'cos I'll be mentioning pyramidology again?
-
What happened 100 years ago to start the judgement process?


No one here is in the least taken with the falls teaching which you keep spreading using the excuse of some old mans conjecture of a hundred years ago.  
-
Brilliant!
So you're ditching Russellism with all the guff the WTBTS attaches to 1914, and their falsification of Ancient Near Eastern history in order to brainwash their acolytes into believing them?
Fantastic.
Congratulations, James.
Keep it up.
_


Why was Jehovah going to excuse Egypt?

Isaiah 19:19-22
In that day there will be an altar to Jehovah in the middle of the land of Egypt and a pillar to Jehovah at its boundary. It will be for a sign and for a witness to Jehovah of armies in the land of Egypt; for they will cry out to Jehovah because of the oppressors, and he will send them a saviour, a grand one, who will save them. And Jehovah will become known to the Egyptians, and the Egyptians will know Jehovah in that day, and they will offer sacrifices and gifts and make a vow to Jehovah and pay it. Jehovah will strike Egypt, striking and healing it; and they will return to Jehovah, and he will respond to their entreaties and heal them.

How many Christians have a knowledge of this then?
JamesJah

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

[quote="Jim:112294"]
JamesJah wrote:
Jim wrote:
Sebastian Toe wrote:
JamesJah wrote:

[
So 20 years, or less to go then? Is that what you are saying?  

Seb....
Do you wish to modify these last two lines of your post (below), in the almost certain event that 1914 is gonna crop up, and I'll have a headache, 'cos I'll be mentioning pyramidology again?
-
What happened 100 years ago to start the judgement process?


No one here is in the least taken with the falls teaching which you keep spreading using the excuse of some old mans conjecture of a hundred years ago.  
-
Brilliant!
So you're ditching Russellism with all the guff the WTBTS attaches to 1914, and their falsification of Ancient Near Eastern history in order to brainwash their acolytes into believing them?
Fantastic.
Congratulations, James.
Keep it up.
_


Why was Jehovah going to excuse Egypt?

Isaiah 19:19-22
In that day there will be an altar to Jehovah in the middle of the land of Egypt and a pillar to Jehovah at its boundary. It will be for a sign and for a witness to Jehovah of armies in the land of Egypt; for they will cry out to Jehovah because of the oppressors, and he will send them a saviour, a grand one, who will save them. And Jehovah will become known to the Egyptians, and the Egyptians will know Jehovah in that day, and they will offer sacrifices and gifts and make a vow to Jehovah and pay it. Jehovah will strike Egypt, striking and healing it; and they will return to Jehovah, and he will respond to their entreaties and heal them.

How many Christians have a knowledge of this then?


Sorry but your comments do not hold water.

You add nothing to a better understanding of scripture but you think to knock down those who have progressed in understanding to the stage where most nominal Christians are groping around in the dark.

You have already shown your lack of faith so what can you say to redeem yourself, if such a thing is possible?

When did you wake the world up to God's purpose for man in the time of the end?

If it was up to you we would still have a trinity, paradise in the heavens whit a no hope for earth.

Luke 21:24
they will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations until the appointed times of the nations are fulfilled.


When did the times of the nations end?


What is the great tribulation that has to be cut short or no flesh will be saved?

Where are the wheat Christians gathered?
Sebastian Toe

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

JamesJah wrote:
Sebastian Toe wrote:
JamesJah wrote:


This happened.

Revelation 12:7-10
. 


When?


JamesJah wrote:

And this>>>\/

Revelation 12:10

. 


When?


JamesJah wrote:

And this>>>>\/

Revelation 12:12
. 


When?


JamesJah wrote:


According to Jesus those days would be the same as in Noah's day, and they had a 120 yr. period of judgement.

So far you have had 100 yrs. of judgement.

.



So 20 years, or less to go then? Is that what you are saying?



What is it about those days will be CUT SHORT is it that you do not understand?

Well you wont say what you actually mean for a start.
That is, in plain understandable every day language, not vague references to scripture with some woolly questions thrown in.

Can you explain in understandable common language ;
a) what 'those days are?
b) if they are being cut short - then cut short from what, to what?
c) What happened 100 years ago to start the judgement process?

Is that too much to ask?
JamesJah

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

Sebastian Toe wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Sebastian Toe wrote:
JamesJah wrote:


This happened.

Revelation 12:7-10
. 


When?


JamesJah wrote:

And this>>>\/

Revelation 12:10

. 


When?


JamesJah wrote:

And this>>>>\/

Revelation 12:12
. 


When?


JamesJah wrote:


According to Jesus those days would be the same as in Noah's day, and they had a 120 yr. period of judgement.

So far you have had 100 yrs. of judgement.

.



So 20 years, or less to go then? Is that what you are saying?



What is it about those days will be CUT SHORT is it that you do not understand?

Well you wont say what you actually mean for a start.
That is, in plain understandable every day language, not vague references to scripture with some woolly questions thrown in.

Can you explain in understandable common language ;
a) what 'those days are?
b) if they are being cut short - then cut short from what, to what?
c) What happened 100 years ago to start the judgement process?

Is that too much to ask?



I suppose if you act like a two year old you will have to be treated like one, at least that's what my mother would have said.



So what do we have that must be squeezed into twenty years if we have all of them?

One the complete removal of the new self styled religions with all their faults, what remains of fallen Babylon the Great.

Revelation 18:21
a strong angel lifted up a stone like a great millstone and hurled it into the sea, saying: “Thus with a swift pitch will Babylon the great city be hurled down, and she will never be found again.

There is also the two last plagues that come after you are fed up with global warming

Revelation 16:12
 The sixth one poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the rising of the sun.

Revelation 16:17-19
The seventh one poured out his bowl on the air. At this a loud voice came out of the sanctuary from the throne, saying: It has come to pass” And there were flashes of lightning and voices and thunders,

There was a great earthquake unlike any that had occurred since men came to be on the earth, so extensive and so great was the earthquake.

The great city split into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell;








Click to see full size image
JamesJah

For those who are wondering where the great day of God the Almighty fits in you can look it up at this scripture.

Revelation 16:13, 14
I saw three unclean inspired expressions that looked like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the wild beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and they perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty.

Revelation 16:15, 16
Look! I am coming as a thief. Happy is the one who stays awake and keeps his outer garments, so that he may not walk naked and people look upon his shamefulness.”  And they gathered them together to the place that is called in Hebrew Armageddon.

Revelation 17:12-14
The ten horns that you saw mean ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they do receive authority as kings for one hour with the wild beast. These have one thought, so they give their power and authority to the wild beast. These will battle with the Lamb, but because he is Lord of lords and King of kings, the Lamb will conquer them. Also, those with him who are called and chosen and faithful will do so.




Click to see full size image
Leonard James

JamesJah wrote:
For those who are wondering where the great day of God the Almighty fits in you can look it up at this scripture.

Revelation 16:13, 14
I saw three unclean inspired expressions that looked like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the wild beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and they perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty.

Revelation 16:15, 16
Look! I am coming as a thief. Happy is the one who stays awake and keeps his outer garments, so that he may not walk naked and people look upon his shamefulness.”  And they gathered them together to the place that is called in Hebrew Armageddon.

Revelation 17:12-14
The ten horns that you saw mean ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they do receive authority as kings for one hour with the wild beast. These have one thought, so they give their power and authority to the wild beast. These will battle with the Lamb, but because he is Lord of lords and King of kings, the Lamb will conquer them. Also, those with him who are called and chosen and faithful will do so.




Oh my! I wonder what kind of mushrooms he was on when he wrote that!  
Sebastian Toe

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

At last, the beginnings of what I like to fondly call, a conversation. One where both people are speaking the same language......


JamesJah wrote:


I suppose if you act like a two year old you will have to be treated like one, at least that's what my mother would have said.



Well now James it would seem that your mother was able to put some reasonable description on her turn of phrase. One which is easily understandable.
And at least it seems that she didn't throw in several random references to Revelation at the same time!

So lets see if you can follow her very good example shall we?

JamesJah wrote:


So what do we have that must be squeezed into twenty years if we have all of them?



Well now that is a good start;
So you at last are stating that we have twenty years, at most, before your 'events' will definitely occur.
A good solid foundation for a discussion.

(However it took a long time to get there, didn't it?
In fact when asking you questions it tales a a long time to get a direct answer doesn't it, if one gets an answer at all.....?

Did your wise mother not also tell you to speak plainly, say what you mean and not beat about the bush answering questions with questions and avoiding at all cost making a direct answer to a direct question and above all completing your non-answer with several scripture quotes?
Did she?)


JamesJah wrote:


One the complete removal of the new self styled religions with all their faults, what remains of fallen Babylon the Great.



So number one 'event'.

How would your plain talking mother describe the fulfilment of this James?

What does 'complete removal' mean in that context?
Could you give an example, understandable by a metaphorical 'two year old' of what the 'complete removal of a self styled religion' would look like?
It would be good if in fact if at least one 'self styled' religion has already been 'removed' by now, then you could point that out as an example?

If not, you could use your imagination and describe such a 'complete removal' of say, lets take Shinto (that assumes that Shinto is a self styled religion, if it is not then you could nominate one yourself, just let me know which one you choose).
Just how would Shinto be 'completely removed James?

JamesJah wrote:


There is also the two last plagues that come after you are fed up with global warming



Now on to number two event which must occur in the next twenty years.
Lets assume that I am in fact fed up with global warming and we can move on to the 'last two plagues.

What are they James?
Remember, plain talking, just like your good, wise mother would do.....
Ketty

Shaker wrote:
Bible bot  


JamesJah

Leonard James wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
For those who are wondering where the great day of God the Almighty fits in you can look it up at this scripture.

Revelation 16:13, 14
I saw three unclean inspired expressions that looked like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the wild beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and they perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty.

Revelation 16:15, 16
Look! I am coming as a thief. Happy is the one who stays awake and keeps his outer garments, so that he may not walk naked and people look upon his shamefulness.”  And they gathered them together to the place that is called in Hebrew Armageddon.

Revelation 17:12-14
The ten horns that you saw mean ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they do receive authority as kings for one hour with the wild beast. These have one thought, so they give their power and authority to the wild beast. These will battle with the Lamb, but because he is Lord of lords and King of kings, the Lamb will conquer them. Also, those with him who are called and chosen and faithful will do so.




Oh my! I wonder what kind of mushrooms he was on when he wrote that!  


Why do you come on the Christian chat forum?

As most of the Revelation is finished how do you get to decry it?

Look I am coming in the clouds and the reward I have to give is with me to render to each as his work is. what will your reward be?




JamesJah

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

Sebastian Toe wrote:
At last, the beginnings of what I like to fondly call, a conversation. One where both people are speaking the same language......


JamesJah wrote:


I suppose if you act like a two year old you will have to be treated like one, at least that's what my mother would have said.



Well now James it would seem that your mother was able to put some reasonable description on her turn of phrase. One which is easily understandable.
And at least it seems that she didn't throw in several random references to Revelation at the same time!

So lets see if you can follow her very good example shall we?

JamesJah wrote:


So what do we have that must be squeezed into twenty years if we have all of them?



Well now that is a good start;
So you at last are stating that we have twenty years, at most, before your 'events' will definitely occur.
A good solid foundation for a discussion.

(However it took a long time to get there, didn't it?
In fact when asking you questions it tales a a long time to get a direct answer doesn't it, if one gets an answer at all.....?

Did your wise mother not also tell you to speak plainly, say what you mean and not beat about the bush answering questions with questions and avoiding at all cost making a direct answer to a direct question and above all completing your non-answer with several scripture quotes?
Did she?)


JamesJah wrote:


One the complete removal of the new self styled religions with all their faults, what remains of fallen Babylon the Great.



So number one 'event'.

How would your plain talking mother describe the fulfilment of this James?

What does 'complete removal' mean in that context?
Could you give an example, understandable by a metaphorical 'two year old' of what the 'complete removal of a self styled religion' would look like?
It would be good if in fact if at least one 'self styled' religion has already been 'removed' by now, then you could point that out as an example?

If not, you could use your imagination and describe such a 'complete removal' of say, lets take Shinto (that assumes that Shinto is a self styled religion, if it is not then you could nominate one yourself, just let me know which one you choose).
Just how would Shinto be 'completely removed James?

JamesJah wrote:


There is also the two last plagues that come after you are fed up with global warming



Now on to number two event which must occur in the next twenty years.
Lets assume that I am in fact fed up with global warming and we can move on to the 'last two plagues.

What are they James?
Remember, plain talking, just like your good, wise mother would do.....


Star again, FIRST=

All the end time prophecies must be squeezed into the twenty year period.

TWO= the Almighty states he will cut those days short if he does not do that no man could be saved gut for the sake of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.

Three=

I am not the prophet the word of the Almighty is.

So if you do not understand what he has to say on the matter that is your problem not mine.

There are many who can tell you when the end times started if you do not know because they were there at the time of them taking place I am not quite that old.

For an example they say Babylon fell in 1919 when they came to be released from prison where they had been incarcerated during the war for being neutral, while Babylon the Great had joined the nations in it's blood letting.

The weed Christ was now exposed as a war monger and entered her fallen state, as having no faith in the teachings of Jesus who plainly said show love to you enemies

Now number 4=

.The reason why I quote scripture all the time.

Galatians 4:26
But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother.







Jim

Re: Why is believing in God important ?

JamesJah wrote:
Sebastian Toe wrote:
At last, the beginnings of what I like to fondly call, a conversation. One where both people are speaking the same language......


JamesJah wrote:


I suppose if you act like a two year old you will have to be treated like one, at least that's what my mother would have said.



Well now James it would seem that your mother was able to put some reasonable description on her turn of phrase. One which is easily understandable.
And at least it seems that she didn't throw in several random references to Revelation at the same time!

So lets see if you can follow her very good example shall we?

JamesJah wrote:


So what do we have that must be squeezed into twenty years if we have all of them?



Well now that is a good start;
So you at last are stating that we have twenty years, at most, before your 'events' will definitely occur.
A good solid foundation for a discussion.

(However it took a long time to get there, didn't it?
In fact when asking you questions it tales a a long time to get a direct answer doesn't it, if one gets an answer at all.....?

Did your wise mother not also tell you to speak plainly, say what you mean and not beat about the bush answering questions with questions and avoiding at all cost making a direct answer to a direct question and above all completing your non-answer with several scripture quotes?
Did she?)


JamesJah wrote:


One the complete removal of the new self styled religions with all their faults, what remains of fallen Babylon the Great.



So number one 'event'.

How would your plain talking mother describe the fulfilment of this James?

What does 'complete removal' mean in that context?
Could you give an example, understandable by a metaphorical 'two year old' of what the 'complete removal of a self styled religion' would look like?
It would be good if in fact if at least one 'self styled' religion has already been 'removed' by now, then you could point that out as an example?

If not, you could use your imagination and describe such a 'complete removal' of say, lets take Shinto (that assumes that Shinto is a self styled religion, if it is not then you could nominate one yourself, just let me know which one you choose).
Just how would Shinto be 'completely removed James?

JamesJah wrote:


There is also the two last plagues that come after you are fed up with global warming



Now on to number two event which must occur in the next twenty years.
Lets assume that I am in fact fed up with global warming and we can move on to the 'last two plagues.

What are they James?
Remember, plain talking, just like your good, wise mother would do.....


Star again, FIRST=

All the end time prophecies must be squeezed into the twenty year period.

TWO= the Almighty states he will cut those days short if he does not do that no man could be saved gut for the sake of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.

Three=

I am not the prophet the word of the Almighty is.

So if you do not understand what he has to say on the matter that is your problem not mine.

There are many who can tell you when the end times started if you do not know because they were there at the time of them taking place I am not quite that old.

For an example they say Babylon fell in 1919 when they came to be released from prison where they had been incarcerated during the war for being neutral, while Babylon the Great had joined the nations in it's blood letting.  
= "...they say in 1919".
Who say?
On what grounds?
Using which calculations"?
-

The weed Christ was now exposed as a war monger and entered her fallen state, as having no faith in the teachings of Jesus who plainly said show love to you enemies    
-
"The weed Christ"
Who; Jesus?
_

Now number 4=

.The reason why I quote scripture all the time.

Galatians 4:26
But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother.







JamesJah

Ketty wrote:
Shaker wrote:
Bible bot  




Why do you come on this section?





Jim

JamesJah wrote:
Ketty wrote:
Shaker wrote:
Bible bot  




Why do you come on this section?

   



Erm....
Because Ketty belongs to Christ Jesus, God Incarnate!






Ketty

JamesJah wrote:


Why do you come on this section?



Because I can.  

Why do you come on this section?
JamesJah

[quote="Jim:112369"]
JamesJah wrote:
Ketty wrote:
Shaker wrote:
Bible bot  




Why do you come on this section?

   



Erm....
Because Ketty belongs to Christ Jesus, God Incarnate!




Which god??????????????????





[
Jim

[quote="JamesJah:112373"]
Jim wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Ketty wrote:
Shaker wrote:
Bible bot  




Why do you come on this section?

       



Erm....
Because Ketty belongs to Christ Jesus, God Incarnate!




Which god??????????????????  
You mean there is more than one God who is worthy of worship, allegiance, acceptance and adoration?
Which other God is shown as being so worthy?
By which other God are we saved?





[
JamesJah

Ketty wrote:
JamesJah wrote:


Why do you come on this section?



Because I can.  

Why do you come on this section?


Hoping one day to find an honest Christian who loves the truth of God's word, and recognisees that truth is there when they see it?

To meet some one who recognises that this world is a rubbish tip and would be interested to know what plans the Almighty has for it.

To meet some one who can see that The Almighty is not Jesus and that Jesus as mighty as he is, is just doing what his father wishes of him.




Leonard James

JamesJah wrote:


Hoping one day to find an honest Christian who loves the truth of God's word, and recognisees that truth is there when they see it?


And you are too wrapped up in yourself to see that the "truth" that others see in God's word is just as valid as your "truth".

You Christians and your blinkers are a joy to behold!
JamesJah

Leonard James wrote:
JamesJah wrote:


Hoping one day to find an honest Christian who loves the truth of God's word, and recognisees that truth is there when they see it?


And you are too wrapped up in yourself to see that the "truth" that others see in God's word is just as valid as your "truth".

You Christians and your blinkers are a joy to behold!


Many like your self do not wish to know what the Almighty has to say They are the weeds that Jesus said would be mixed in with the real Christian, deceivers of the mind full of twisted points of view which they say is truth but in reality has been inspired by the unseen ruler of this world the one who is determined to rule or ruin the earth so no one else may do better.

The one that is quite mad in his efforts because he knows his time is up.

2 Corinthians 4:3, 4
If, in fact, the good news we declare is veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing,

 among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.



1 John 2:15-17
Do not love either the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him;

because everything in the world—the desire of the flesh and the desire of the eyes and the showy display of one’s means of life—does not originate with the Father, but originates with the world.

Furthermore, the world is passing away and so is its desire, but the one who does the will of God remains forever.



Jim

JamesJah wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
JamesJah wrote:


Hoping one day to find an honest Christian who loves the truth of God's word, and recognisees that truth is there when they see it?


And you are too wrapped up in yourself to see that the "truth" that others see in God's word is just as valid as your "truth".

You Christians and your blinkers are a joy to behold!


Many like your self do not wish to know what the Almighty has to say They are the weeds that Jesus said would be mixed in with the real Christian, deceivers of the mind full of twisted points of view which they say is truth but in reality has been inspired by the unseen ruler of this world the one who is determined to rule or ruin the earth so no one else may do better.

The one that is quite mad in his efforts because he knows his time is up.

2 Corinthians 4:3, 4
If, in fact, the good news we declare is veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing,

 among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.



1 John 2:15-17
Do not love either the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him;

because everything in the world—the desire of the flesh and the desire of the eyes and the showy display of one’s means of life—does not originate with the Father, but originates with the world.

Furthermore, the world is passing away and so is its desire, but the one who does the will of God remains forever.    


Use of option 3 noted.
You're slipping again.
(Oh, and I very much doubt whether Len would be happy by your lumping him in with Christians; 'weed' or otherwise!)



Ketty

JamesJah wrote:
Hoping one day to find an honest Christian who loves the truth of God's word, and recognisees that truth is there when they see it?


You've succeeded in your quest.

JamesJah wrote:
To meet some one who recognises that this world is a rubbish tip and would be interested to know what plans the Almighty has for it.


So you don't live life in the Lord's Victory then.  That's a shame.  

JamesJah wrote:
To meet some one who can see that The Almighty is not Jesus and that Jesus as mighty as he is, is just doing what his father wishes of him.


Hmmmm, I'm sure you'll find some like-minded individuals that believe the lie that Christ Jesus is not exactly who He said He is, but generally speaking NGLr is not a site for cults, even if we have some members/former members of cults.  If you're genuinely wanting to meet folk who think and speak as you do around all that heresy, you'd perhaps be better off finding a JW site, or an LDS site or something similar.  I think you're onto a loser here - but can see you're a trier.    
JamesJah

Ketty wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Hoping one day to find an honest Christian who loves the truth of God's word, and recognisees that truth is there when they see it?


You've succeeded in your quest.

JamesJah wrote:
To meet some one who recognises that this world is a rubbish tip and would be interested to know what plans the Almighty has for it.


So you don't live life in the Lord's Victory then.  That's a shame.  

JamesJah wrote:
To meet some one who can see that The Almighty is not Jesus and that Jesus as mighty as he is, is just doing what his father wishes of him.


Hmmmm, I'm sure you'll find some like-minded individuals that believe the lie that Christ Jesus is not exactly who He said He is, but generally speaking NGLr is not a site for cults, even if we have some members/former members of cults.  If you're genuinely wanting to meet folk who think and speak as you do around all that heresy, you'd perhaps be better off finding a JW site, or an LDS site or something similar.  I think you're onto a loser here - but can see you're a trier.    


Have you had a look round Jerusalem lately?

Wandered past a catholic church in n Malta?

Taken a trip through Amman in Jordan.

How about a look at that lovely out post in Iraq called Hibernia

Tell me where in this world can I find some who are not just hearers of the word but doers of the word?

Who is doing what Jesus said must take place at the end of this system of things?

Matthew 24:14
this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
Jim

Have you looked round Jerusalem...
Well, no - but my friend is a minister in Tiberias, and works with the many growing congregations of Messianic Jews, Palestinian Christians etc.
As for Iraq?
Well, I know a converted Moslem who now accepts Christ Jesus, God Incarnate.
He left Scotland to pastor a church which started with fifteen members...and now has five hundred.
I also know through personal contacts, and through the work of Open Doors, of the growing Church in
India
Pakistan
North Korea
Dubai
Saudi Arabia
Burma
Morocco
Tunisia
and, of course, China.

Why?
Ketty

Not sure what your reply had to do with my post, however . . .

JamesJah wrote:
Have you had a look round Jerusalem lately?


On GoogleEarth

JamesJah wrote:
Wandered past a catholic church in n Malta?


Yes, and generally speaking I wander past most Catholic Churches even here in the UK.  I have been in one for a wedding and actually visited one for a look around in St Louis, but that's all.  Oh, and the Vatican, how could I forget the Vatican?

JamesJah wrote:
Taken a trip through Amman in Jordan.


Not even on Google Earth

JamesJah wrote:
How about a look at that lovely out post in Iraq called Hibernia


See above.  But I've done Route 66, does that count?

JamesJah wrote:
Tell me where in this world can I find some who are not just hearers of the word but doers of the word?


Throughout the world, James.

JamesJah wrote:
Who is doing what Jesus said must take place at the end of this system of things?


End of what system of things?  

Those of us who love the Lord (that's the real one, you know, the the Triune Godhead - God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit), will carry on living Victoriously in the hope that today will be the day He returns. If not today, it will be tomorrow, or maybe tomorrow, but definitely tomorrow.

Rose

Ketty wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Hoping one day to find an honest Christian who loves the truth of God's word, and recognisees that truth is there when they see it?


You've succeeded in your quest.

JamesJah wrote:
To meet some one who recognises that this world is a rubbish tip and would be interested to know what plans the Almighty has for it.


So you don't live life in the Lord's Victory then.  That's a shame.  

JamesJah wrote:
To meet some one who can see that The Almighty is not Jesus and that Jesus as mighty as he is, is just doing what his father wishes of him.


Hmmmm, I'm sure you'll find some like-minded individuals that believe the lie that Christ Jesus is not exactly who He said He is, but generally speaking NGLr is not a site for cults, even if we have some members/former members of cults.  If you're genuinely wanting to meet folk who think and speak as you do around all that heresy, you'd perhaps be better off finding a JW site, or an LDS site or something similar.  I think you're onto a loser here - but can see you're a trier.    


I thought it was for anyone who wanted to join, and join in the discussions!

Isn't that a bit of a prejudiced statement for a moderator?

Are you hoping to confine NGL to one sort of Christian only?

Your doing your exclusive bit again Ketty!

Julie
Ketty

Rose wrote:

I thought it was for anyone who wanted to join, and join in the discussions!

Isn't that a bit of a prejudiced statement for a moderator?

Are you hoping to confine NGL to one sort of Christian only?

Your doing your exclusive bit again Ketty!



 

You're welcome.  
JamesJah

Ketty wrote:
Rose wrote:

I thought it was for anyone who wanted to join, and join in the discussions!

Isn't that a bit of a prejudiced statement for a moderator?

Are you hoping to confine NGL to one sort of Christian only?

Your doing your exclusive bit again Ketty!



 

You're welcome.  


Can you tell the difference between a weed Christian and a wheat one?

Which Christian will go to war against you and shed innocent blood?

Which type of Christian is it that hates bible translators?

Revelation 18:24
Yes, in her was found the blood of prophets and of holy ones and of all those who have been slaughtered on the earth.

Who is the her here?
Rose

Ketty wrote:
Rose wrote:

I thought it was for anyone who wanted to join, and join in the discussions!

Isn't that a bit of a prejudiced statement for a moderator?

Are you hoping to confine NGL to one sort of Christian only?

Your doing your exclusive bit again Ketty!



 

You're welcome.  





It isn't that you disagree with James's interpretation that's the issue ( lots of people do that) it is the way you do it!

And you can't take criticism of any sort!




Can't you just agree to differ?, rather than suggest he leaves?


Julie
JamesJah

Rose wrote:
Ketty wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Hoping one day to find an honest Christian who loves the truth of God's word, and recognisees that truth is there when they see it?


You've succeeded in your quest.

JamesJah wrote:
To meet some one who recognises that this world is a rubbish tip and would be interested to know what plans the Almighty has for it.


So you don't live life in the Lord's Victory then.  That's a shame.  

JamesJah wrote:
To meet some one who can see that The Almighty is not Jesus and that Jesus as mighty as he is, is just doing what his father wishes of him.


Hmmmm, I'm sure you'll find some like-minded individuals that believe the lie that Christ Jesus is not exactly who He said He is, but generally speaking NGLr is not a site for cults, even if we have some members/former members of cults.  If you're genuinely wanting to meet folk who think and speak as you do around all that heresy, you'd perhaps be better off finding a JW site, or an LDS site or something similar.  I think you're onto a loser here - but can see you're a trier.    


I thought it was for anyone who wanted to join, and join in the discussions!

Isn't that a bit of a prejudiced statement for a moderator?

Are you hoping to confine NGL to one sort of Christian only?

Your doing your exclusive bit again Ketty!

Julie


Not many here can handle the bible teaching which does men that the JW will always be unpopular, does it not.

I used to be high church once upon a time even a Sunday school teacher.

So have been on both sides of the fence.

I have even studied the churches anti JW proper-gander it was the lies they wrote which convinced me I was with the wrong mob.

       nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Christian chat Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum