nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index nglreturns.myfreeforum.org
Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


"Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Bible study
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
JamesJah
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5425


Location: Sheppey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote

I live on planet earth, where do you live?

Today it is to be hot for all the wicked ok?

Try and have a look at earth peoples news some time soon.
_________________
James
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jim
Senior Community Member


Joined: 15 Jun 2011
Posts: 4842


Location: South West Scotland

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno about the wicked, James, but it's gey driech an a mite snell here, so we must be paragons of virtue!

_________________
Christians accept One God, Triune in nature.
SAOR ALBA GU BRATH!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leonard James
Senior Community Member


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 3963


Location: Spain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesJah wrote:
I live on planet earth, where do you live?

Today it is to be hot for all the wicked ok?

Try and have a look at earth peoples news some time soon.

You really are quite naive, James. You don't seem aware that news about bad things always sells more than positive news.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Honey 56
Senior Community Member


Joined: 24 Apr 2012
Posts: 1443


Location: west midlannds

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesJah wrote:
To catch up on some reading it can be done here>>>

http://www.jw.org/index.html


Thank you for this link James, I will take a look.
_________________
I can do all things in Him who strengthens me.   Yeshuw'ah my salvation.
11For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jim
Senior Community Member


Joined: 15 Jun 2011
Posts: 4842


Location: South West Scotland

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't break your fingernails, Honey, it's the same old, same old...
_________________
Christians accept One God, Triune in nature.
SAOR ALBA GU BRATH!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JamesJah
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5425


Location: Sheppey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come you did not try this one Jim or was it beyond your ken???

http://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/brunel/A36459462?s_fromedit=1
_________________
James
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bnabernard
Senior Community Member


Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 2726



PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness&a Reply with quote

Farmer Geddon wrote:
Now who were these us and what were they like?


Pick the bones out of this then FG  

"And he said to the authorities which attend him, 'Come, let us create a man according to the image of God and according to our likeness, that his image may become a light for us.' And they created by means of their respective powers in correspondence with the characteristics which were given. And each authority supplied a characteristic in the form of the image which he had seen in its natural (form). He created a being according to the likeness of the first, perfect Man. And they said, 'Let us call him Adam, that his name may become a power of light for us.'

"And the powers began: the first one, goodness, created a bone-soul; and the second, foreknowledge, created a sinew-soul; the third, divinity, created a flesh-soul; and the fourth, the lordship, created a marrow-soul; the fifth, kingdom created a blood-soul; the sixth, envy, created a skin-soul; the seventh, understanding, created a hair-soul. And the multitude of the angels attended him and they received from the powers the seven substances of the natural (form) in order to create the proportions of the limbs and the proportion of the rump and the proper working together of each of the parts.

"The first one began to create the head. Eteraphaope-Abron created his head; Meniggesstroeth created the brain; Asterechme (created) the right eye; Thaspomocha, the left eye; Yeronumos, the right ear; Bissoum, the left ear; Akioreim, the nose; Banen-Ephroum, the lips; Amen, the teeth; Ibikan, the molars; Basiliademe, the tonsils; Achcha, the uvula; Adaban, the neck; Chaaman, the vertebrae; Dearcho, the throat; Tebar, the right shoulder; [...], the left shoulder; Mniarcon, the right elbow; [...], the left elbow; Abitrion, the right underarm; Evanthen, the left underarm; Krys, the right hand; Beluai, the left hand; Treneu, the fingers of the right hand; Balbel, the fingers of the left hand; Kriman, the nails of the hands; Astrops, the right breast; Barroph, the left breast; Baoum, the right shoulder joint; Ararim, the left shoulder joint; Areche, the belly; Phthave, the navel; Senaphim, the abdomen; Arachethopi, the right ribs; Zabedo, the left ribs; Barias, the right hip; Phnouth the left hip; Abenlenarchei, the marrow; Chnoumeninorin, the bones; Gesole, the stomach; Agromauna, the heart; Bano, the lungs; Sostrapal, the liver; Anesimalar, the spleen; Thopithro, the intestines; Biblo, the kidneys; Roeror, the sinews; Taphreo, the spine of the body; Ipouspoboba, the veins; Bineborin, the arteries; Atoimenpsephei, theirs are the breaths which are in all the limbs; Entholleia, all the flesh; Bedouk, the right buttock (?); Arabeei, the left penis; Eilo, the testicles; Sorma, the genitals; Gorma-Kaiochlabar, the right thigh; Nebrith, the left thigh; Pserem, the kidneys of the right leg; Asaklas, the left kidney; Ormaoth, the right leg; Emenun, the left leg; Knyx, the right shin-bone; Tupelon, the left shin-bone; Achiel, the right knee; Phnene, the left knee; Phiouthrom, the right foot; Boabel, its toes; Trachoun, the left foot; Phikna, its toes; Miamai, the nails of the feet; Labernioum - .

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn.html

If you dress on the left then you know who to thank Arabeei, innit    
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Honey 56
Senior Community Member


Joined: 24 Apr 2012
Posts: 1443


Location: west midlannds

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness&a Reply with quote

bnabernard wrote:
Farmer Geddon wrote:
Now who were these us and what were they like?


Pick the bones out of this then FG  

"And he said to the authorities which attend him, 'Come, let us create a man according to the image of God and according to our likeness, that his image may become a light for us.' And they created by means of their respective powers in correspondence with the characteristics which were given. And each authority supplied a characteristic in the form of the image which he had seen in its natural (form). He created a being according to the likeness of the first, perfect Man. And they said, 'Let us call him Adam, that his name may become a power of light for us.'

"And the powers began: the first one, goodness, created a bone-soul; and the second, foreknowledge, created a sinew-soul; the third, divinity, created a flesh-soul; and the fourth, the lordship, created a marrow-soul; the fifth, kingdom created a blood-soul; the sixth, envy, created a skin-soul; the seventh, understanding, created a hair-soul. And the multitude of the angels attended him and they received from the powers the seven substances of the natural (form) in order to create the proportions of the limbs and the proportion of the rump and the proper working together of each of the parts.

"The first one began to create the head. Eteraphaope-Abron created his head; Meniggesstroeth created the brain; Asterechme (created) the right eye; Thaspomocha, the left eye; Yeronumos, the right ear; Bissoum, the left ear; Akioreim, the nose; Banen-Ephroum, the lips; Amen, the teeth; Ibikan, the molars; Basiliademe, the tonsils; Achcha, the uvula; Adaban, the neck; Chaaman, the vertebrae; Dearcho, the throat; Tebar, the right shoulder; [...], the left shoulder; Mniarcon, the right elbow; [...], the left elbow; Abitrion, the right underarm; Evanthen, the left underarm; Krys, the right hand; Beluai, the left hand; Treneu, the fingers of the right hand; Balbel, the fingers of the left hand; Kriman, the nails of the hands; Astrops, the right breast; Barroph, the left breast; Baoum, the right shoulder joint; Ararim, the left shoulder joint; Areche, the belly; Phthave, the navel; Senaphim, the abdomen; Arachethopi, the right ribs; Zabedo, the left ribs; Barias, the right hip; Phnouth the left hip; Abenlenarchei, the marrow; Chnoumeninorin, the bones; Gesole, the stomach; Agromauna, the heart; Bano, the lungs; Sostrapal, the liver; Anesimalar, the spleen; Thopithro, the intestines; Biblo, the kidneys; Roeror, the sinews; Taphreo, the spine of the body; Ipouspoboba, the veins; Bineborin, the arteries; Atoimenpsephei, theirs are the breaths which are in all the limbs; Entholleia, all the flesh; Bedouk, the right buttock (?); Arabeei, the left penis; Eilo, the testicles; Sorma, the genitals; Gorma-Kaiochlabar, the right thigh; Nebrith, the left thigh; Pserem, the kidneys of the right leg; Asaklas, the left kidney; Ormaoth, the right leg; Emenun, the left leg; Knyx, the right shin-bone; Tupelon, the left shin-bone; Achiel, the right knee; Phnene, the left knee; Phiouthrom, the right foot; Boabel, its toes; Trachoun, the left foot; Phikna, its toes; Miamai, the nails of the feet; Labernioum - .

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn.html


Bernard,

Now I am beginning to understand why you are so confused about the message of the scriptures Bernard, this gnosticism has nothing to do with the inspired scriptures and everything to do with the enemy.
I can't even begin to understand why you would post this nonsense on a Christian thread?

And Farmer.

The 'we' in Genesis is easily explain by reading the first chapter of John, however if you dismiss this particular gospel out of hand, you will therefore  dismiss the truth of YHWH's inspired word.

Honey
_________________
I can do all things in Him who strengthens me.   Yeshuw'ah my salvation.
11For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jim
Senior Community Member


Joined: 15 Jun 2011
Posts: 4842


Location: South West Scotland

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness&a Reply with quote

Honey;
I like Bernie, but I thought you knew he was a Gnostic?
_________________
Christians accept One God, Triune in nature.
SAOR ALBA GU BRATH!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Honey 56
Senior Community Member


Joined: 24 Apr 2012
Posts: 1443


Location: west midlannds

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness&a Reply with quote

Jim wrote:
Honey;
I like Bernie, but I thought you knew he was a Gnostic?


Dear Jim,

I love Bernard,  
But although I realised he was influenced by Gnosticism (and I suspect- Rusellism? although there is not a great deal between the two really!) I didn't realise that he practiced it as a religion.

That explains a great deal.

Thanks Jim,
Honey  


_________________
I can do all things in Him who strengthens me.   Yeshuw'ah my salvation.
11For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Bible study All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum