nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index nglreturns.myfreeforum.org
Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


The Weather - 2011
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Nature -> Weather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Lexilogio
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 7585


Location: North of the Watford Gap

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote

Autumn seems to have set in already here. We have had a cool summer, with very few days even reaching 20 degrees, and it's blowing a gale outside today.
_________________
Lexi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shaker
Site Admin


Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 8694



PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lexilogio wrote:
Autumn seems to have set in already here. We have had a cool summer, with very few days even reaching 20 degrees, and it's blowing a gale outside today.

My experience exactly. I scanned an article in one of the Sunday papers which said that, while an Indian summer of some kind isn't necessarily precluded, summer is over and autumn has definitely set in early. It said that because of the early spring it had been an unusually good year for certain types of plants, crops and wildlife (though, inevitably, not so good for some others - swings and roundabouts). It's been very windy indeed here today, so much so that it's startingto strip the leaves from the trees and hedges - a real sign of autumn. Since I don't like summer, am always glad to see the back of it and love autumn and winter, I'm in my element. I dress better at this time of year too  
_________________
There’s no reason to be agnostic about ideas that are dramatically incompatible with everything we know about modern science. - Sean M. Carroll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lexilogio
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 7585


Location: North of the Watford Gap

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaker wrote:
Lexilogio wrote:
Autumn seems to have set in already here. We have had a cool summer, with very few days even reaching 20 degrees, and it's blowing a gale outside today.

My experience exactly. I scanned an article in one of the Sunday papers which said that, while an Indian summer of some kind isn't necessarily precluded, summer is over and autumn has definitely set in early. It said that because of the early spring it had been an unusually good year for certain types of plants, crops and wildlife (though, inevitably, not so good for some others - swings and roundabouts). It's been very windy indeed here today, so much so that it's startingto strip the leaves from the trees and hedges - a real sign of autumn. Since I don't like summer, am always glad to see the back of it and love autumn and winter, I'm in my element. I dress better at this time of year too  


 I prefer winter. Summer is ok - but it's full of insects, people who think that it's your job to enjoy gardening, and teenagers running around.
_________________
Lexi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gone
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 6411


Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I like Spring best but this Autumn has been hard to beat, I must admit.

Here are a couple I photos I took a few minutes ago from our two patios.




Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IvyOwl
Senior Community Member


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 1301


Location: Norfolk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a lovely garden you have Floo!

IvyOwl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lexilogio
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 7585


Location: North of the Watford Gap

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can take fantastic pictures in Autumn, I must admit.

And the colours are particularly good this year. Which reminds me. I must clean the windows......
_________________
Lexi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gone
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 6411


Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IvyOwl wrote:
What a lovely garden you have Floo!

IvyOwl


Thank you IO, do you know anyone who wants to buy a Welsh cottage?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gone
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 6411


Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lexilogio wrote:
You can take fantastic pictures in Autumn, I must admit.

And the colours are particularly good this year. Which reminds me. I must clean the windows......


I must give the window cleaner a nudge mine are a disgrace!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IvyOwl
Senior Community Member


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 1301


Location: Norfolk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

floo wrote:
IvyOwl wrote:
What a lovely garden you have Floo!

IvyOwl


Thank you IO, do you know anyone who wants to buy a Welsh cottage?


I know plenty of people who would like to, myself included, but no one who can actually afford one. :(

Do I take it you are referring to your house? It must be so disheartening not being able to sell. I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd love to buy it. From things you've said it sounds idyllic. So fingers crossed you'll sell soon.

IvyOwl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gone
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 6411


Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IvyOwl wrote:
floo wrote:
IvyOwl wrote:
What a lovely garden you have Floo!

IvyOwl


Thank you IO, do you know anyone who wants to buy a Welsh cottage?


I know plenty of people who would like to, myself included, but no one who can actually afford one. :(

Do I take it you are referring to your house? It must be so disheartening not being able to sell. I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd love to buy it. From things you've said it sounds idyllic. So fingers crossed you'll sell soon.

IvyOwl


We live in a very pleasant area, but the size of the property is too much for us now and as there is only my husband and myself we are rattling around in it. Nothing is selling around here though!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Nature -> Weather All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum