nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index nglreturns.myfreeforum.org
Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Purge of new but inactive members?
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shaker
Site Admin


Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 8694



PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote

Rose wrote:
He probably joined, had a look at the areas he didn't have access to, as a non member, and thought better of it!

He couldn't look at the areas he didn't have access to, by definition. And thinking better of contributing to a forum on the basis of the areas one doesn't have access to (and can't see) is downright bizarre.

Quote:
Ketty's stalker like posts, badgering him to introduce himself, would have been enough to scare him off, if nothing else did!

Creepy!


Two hello and welcome posts four days apart constitutes stalking and badgering?

Perhaps it's just shit-stirring again. Still, you must be over the moon that Ketty contributed anything at all to the "Welcome redfred" thread, otherwise you would have had no excuse to have yet another go at her, no matter how asinine.

No wonder you think disagreement equals bullying. It must be an incredibly sheltered life you lead where everything is ramped up past normal bounds.
_________________
There’s no reason to be agnostic about ideas that are dramatically incompatible with everything we know about modern science. - Sean M. Carroll


Last edited by Shaker on Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rose
Community Member


Joined: 09 Jul 2013
Posts: 927


Location: Now Ramblin free

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaker wrote:
Rose wrote:
He probably joined, had a look at the areas he didn't have access to, as a non member, and thought better of it!

He couldn't look at the areas he didn't have access to, by definition. And thinking better of contributing to a forum on the basis of the areas one doesn't have access to (and can't see) is downright bizarre.

Quote:
Ketty's stalker like posts, badgering him to introduce himself, would have been enough to scare him off, if nothing else did!

Creepy!


Two hello and welcome posts four days apart constitutes stalking and badgering?

No wonder you think disagreement equals bullying. It must be an incredibly sheltered life you lead where everything is ramped up past normal bounds.


You can't count!

3 whole pages and more than two posts from Ketty!
Any new poster would not understand references to the police, so would have no idea how to interpret Ketty's post showing a sign saying police / and in Welsh with a little wavy smilie!

Plus other posters asking if they come from Wales.

It would be enough to put a new poster off!

There are enough weird scams on the Internet to fall foul of, and I think because you all seem to think any new poster is really Ralph, you all scare any genuine new poster off!

They don't know what's going on do they?

It must look really odd to a totally new poster, and probably makes them wonder what they are walking into!

Chill out!
Julie

Ps he wouldn't have had access until he joined, but once he did then he would have read all the rest of it!
_________________
Ramblin' rose, ramblin' rose
Why you ramble, no one knows
Wild and wind-blown, that's how you've grown
Who can cling to a ramblin' rose?

Ramble on, ramble on
When your ramblin' days are gone


Last edited by Rose on Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shaker
Site Admin


Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 8694



PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rose wrote:
You can't count!

3 whole pages and more than two posts from Ketty!

I did indeed miss one. So, so far we have:

Posted: 25 Feb 2014 02:25 pm

Ketty wrote:
 Welcome Redfred.  Pull up a chair and tell us about yourself.  How did you find us?


(I assume this counts as stalking or badgering to you?)

Four days later:

01 Mar 2014 12:17 pm
Ketty wrote:
Redfred, are you shy?


Arrant harrassment, no doubt. And the one I missed, five days later still:

06 Mar 2014 07:52 am

Ketty wrote:
Aw, c'mon redfred.  It's obvious you're around and in our midst - why join if you're not going to post?


Are we into stalking and badgering territory yet?
_________________
There’s no reason to be agnostic about ideas that are dramatically incompatible with everything we know about modern science. - Sean M. Carroll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shaker
Site Admin


Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 8694



PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rose wrote:
There are enough weird scams on the Internet to fall foul of, and I think because you all seem to think any new poster is really Ralph

Do you know why people think that way?
_________________
There’s no reason to be agnostic about ideas that are dramatically incompatible with everything we know about modern science. - Sean M. Carroll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rose
Community Member


Joined: 09 Jul 2013
Posts: 927


Location: Now Ramblin free

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaker wrote:
Rose wrote:
You can't count!

3 whole pages and more than two posts from Ketty!

I did indeed miss one. So, so far we have:

Posted: 25 Feb 2014 02:25 pm

Ketty wrote:
 Welcome Redfred.  Pull up a chair and tell us about yourself.  How did you find us?


(I assume this counts as stalking or badgering to you?)

Four days later:

01 Mar 2014 12:17 pm
Ketty wrote:
Redfred, are you shy?


Arrant harrassment, no doubt. And the one I missed, five days later still:

06 Mar 2014 07:52 am

Ketty wrote:
Aw, c'mon redfred.  It's obvious you're around and in our midst - why join if you're not going to post?


Are we into stalking and badgering territory yet?


No but we are into creepy territory.......

Julie
_________________
Ramblin' rose, ramblin' rose
Why you ramble, no one knows
Wild and wind-blown, that's how you've grown
Who can cling to a ramblin' rose?

Ramble on, ramble on
When your ramblin' days are gone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shaker
Site Admin


Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 8694



PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really?

I'm surprised you're allowed to use the internet.
_________________
There’s no reason to be agnostic about ideas that are dramatically incompatible with everything we know about modern science. - Sean M. Carroll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rose
Community Member


Joined: 09 Jul 2013
Posts: 927


Location: Now Ramblin free

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaker wrote:
Really?

I'm surprised you're allowed to use the internet.


You really can't stand back and see how that thread would appear to a genuinely new poster, can you?

With it's references to Wales, the Police etc.

None of those things would make any sense to a new poster and they wouldn't know how to take it, other than perhaps they were being set up!

If you want make people feel welcome, don't saddle them with references to old posters and chill out a bit!

Like I said, the overall impression is creepy!

Julie
_________________
Ramblin' rose, ramblin' rose
Why you ramble, no one knows
Wild and wind-blown, that's how you've grown
Who can cling to a ramblin' rose?

Ramble on, ramble on
When your ramblin' days are gone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shaker
Site Admin


Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 8694



PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rose wrote:
You really can't stand back and see how that thread would appear to a genuinely new poster, can you?

With it's references to Wales, the Police etc.

None of those things would make any sense to a new poster and they wouldn't know how to take it, other than perhaps they were being set up!


That's one interpretation - yours, unsurprisingly. Alternatively a genuinely new poster would find such references incomprehensible, might ignore them and join in regardless, or ask about them. The references to Wales and the police only came after (days after) sundry people had said hello and encouraged the supposedly new poster to join in.

Those references were made for a reason, though you don't seem to know what that reason is.

Quote:
Like I said, the overall impression is creepy!

To you, apparently.
_________________
There’s no reason to be agnostic about ideas that are dramatically incompatible with everything we know about modern science. - Sean M. Carroll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lexilogio
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 7585


Location: North of the Watford Gap

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do cull those who don't post. I usually give them a week or so, to see what happens first.
_________________
Lexi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shaker
Site Admin


Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 8694



PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lexilogio wrote:
I do cull those who don't post. I usually give them a week or so, to see what happens first.

I didn't know.

A week? Blimey - Madame Whiplash or what, even my first thought was 28 days


_________________
There’s no reason to be agnostic about ideas that are dramatically incompatible with everything we know about modern science. - Sean M. Carroll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum