nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index nglreturns.myfreeforum.org
Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Egypt and Blind speculation
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> All faiths and none
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jim
Senior Community Member


Joined: 15 Jun 2011
Posts: 4842


Location: South West Scotland

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote

JamesJah wrote:
Beeb News latest

When popes travel, there are three levels of communication.


When Christians travel what do they communicate?



-
Off topic.
Here's a paper discussing triads, James.
TRIADS - not trinities.
http://www.academia.edu/3638694/Divine_Triads_of_Ancient_Egypt
_________________
Christians accept One God, Triune in nature.
SAOR ALBA GU BRATH!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JamesJah
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5425


Location: Sheppey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Beeb News latest

When popes travel, there are three levels of communication.


When Christians travel what do they communicate?



-
Off topic.
Here's a paper discussing triads, James.
TRIADS - not trinities.
http://www.academia.edu/3638694/Divine_Triads_of_Ancient_Egypt


The fact you do not believe that they are there does not mean some one at some time did not believe it and invent a religion that included the trinity because of the belief system of dome who needed to be pacified in the time of the move to a Great apostate religion which we have today.
_________________
James
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jim
Senior Community Member


Joined: 15 Jun 2011
Posts: 4842


Location: South West Scotland

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="JamesJah:122258"]
Jim wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Beeb News latest

When popes travel, there are three levels of communication.


When Christians travel what do they communicate?



-
Off topic.
Here's a paper discussing triads, James.
TRIADS - not trinities.
http://www.academia.edu/3638694/Divine_Triads_of_Ancient_Egypt


The fact you do not believe that they are there does not mean some one at some time did not believe it and invent a religion that included the trinity because of the belief system of dome who needed to be pacified in the time of the move to a Great apostate religion which we have today.

-
What I believe about EGYPT'S TRIADS is immaterial, James. I have demonstrated that they were simply groups of gods, usually local in nature, grouped together for reasons more of politics than religion.
That they have no connection with the Christian concept of 'Trinity' should be obvious to even the most cursory glance through the quagmire of the many and varied strands of Egyptian thought.
Only certain less than honest sites use 'trinity' as a substitute for 'triad'. Any reputable site - that is, a peer reviewed site with genuine qualified contributors in the field - would quite rightly scorn such a view.
_________________
Christians accept One God, Triune in nature.
SAOR ALBA GU BRATH!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JamesJah
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5425


Location: Sheppey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you say Jim do you teach they are just groups of gods who  are the equal in power substance and glory?
_________________
James
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JamesJah
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5425


Location: Sheppey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you say do you teach they are just groups of gods who  are the equal in power substance and glory?
_________________
James
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jim
Senior Community Member


Joined: 15 Jun 2011
Posts: 4842


Location: South West Scotland

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't teach anything of the kind.
They were 'netjeru', James. We use the term 'gods' because we are thinking like Greco-Romans, who, incidentally, had as much difficulty trying to fathom the Egyptian religion as you seem to, hence they tried to identify 'netjeru' with their own gods, and in the process, standardise a religion which had never been standard, rigid or static.

I don't teach Egyptian religion, James - but in order to understand the times of the various Egyptian ruling dynasties, I need to understand the various strands of thought which governed them.
_________________
Christians accept One God, Triune in nature.
SAOR ALBA GU BRATH!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JamesJah
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5425


Location: Sheppey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim wrote:
I don't teach anything of the kind.
They were 'netjeru', James. We use the term 'gods' because we are thinking like Greco-Romans, who, incidentally, had as much difficulty trying to fathom the Egyptian religion as you seem to, hence they tried to identify 'netjeru' with their own gods, and in the process, standardise a religion which had never been standard, rigid or static.

I don't teach Egyptian religion, James - but in order to understand the times of the various Egyptian ruling dynasties, I need to understand the various strands of thought which governed them.


O I see so where did the word god come from?

Why are Christians so confused over this word?
_________________
James
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JamesJah
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5425


Location: Sheppey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pyramids and star alignments.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiKM3VmjLTo
_________________
James
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jim
Senior Community Member


Joined: 15 Jun 2011
Posts: 4842


Location: South West Scotland

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesJah wrote:
Jim wrote:
I don't teach anything of the kind.
They were 'netjeru', James. We use the term 'gods' because we are thinking like Greco-Romans, who, incidentally, had as much difficulty trying to fathom the Egyptian religion as you seem to, hence they tried to identify 'netjeru' with their own gods, and in the process, standardise a religion which had never been standard, rigid or static.

I don't teach Egyptian religion, James - but in order to understand the times of the various Egyptian ruling dynasties, I need to understand the various strands of thought which governed them.


O I see so where did the word god come from?

Why are Christians so confused over this word?

-
What has that to do with the Greco-Roman misunderstanding of 'netjeru'?
_________________
Christians accept One God, Triune in nature.
SAOR ALBA GU BRATH!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JamesJah
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5425


Location: Sheppey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Jim wrote:
I don't teach anything of the kind.
They were 'netjeru', James. We use the term 'gods' because we are thinking like Greco-Romans, who, incidentally, had as much difficulty trying to fathom the Egyptian religion as you seem to, hence they tried to identify 'netjeru' with their own gods, and in the process, standardise a religion which had never been standard, rigid or static.

I don't teach Egyptian religion, James - but in order to understand the times of the various Egyptian ruling dynasties, I need to understand the various strands of thought which governed them.


O I see so where did the word god come from?

Why are Christians so confused over this word?

-
What has that to do with the Greco-Roman misunderstanding of 'netjeru'?


Did the Romans not call people gods?

The Hebrew priests did not call Caesar god but they did say they had no king  but Caesar and most Caesars considered themselves to have god like status or did they?


_________________
James
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> All faiths and none All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum