nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index nglreturns.myfreeforum.org
Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Do Church people all claimto be Christian?
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Christian chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
JamesJah
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5425


Location: Sheppey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote

Revelation 18:2, 3
She has fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen, and she has become a dwelling place of demons and a place where every unclean spirit and every unclean and hated bird lurks! For because of the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality,

all the nations have fallen victim,

and the kings of the earth committed sexual immorality with her,

and the merchants of the earth became rich owing to the power of her shameless luxury.
_________________
James
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sebastian Toe
Senior Community Member


Joined: 12 Dec 2010
Posts: 1261



PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesJah wrote:
Revelation 18:2, 3
She has fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen, and she has become a dwelling place of demons and a place where every unclean spirit and every unclean and hated bird lurks! For because of the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality,

all the nations have fallen victim,

and the kings of the earth committed sexual immorality with her,

and the merchants of the earth became rich owing to the power of her shameless luxury.


Apart from constantly throwing (the same bits of) scripture at people - do you have a point to make?
_________________
The legal drinking age has never been 21 in the UK.
It was increased to 18 years around 1922 and has remained 18 years ever since.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JamesJah
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5425


Location: Sheppey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sebastian Toe wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Revelation 18:2, 3
She has fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen, and she has become a dwelling place of demons and a place where every unclean spirit and every unclean and hated bird lurks! For because of the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality,

all the nations have fallen victim,

and the kings of the earth committed sexual immorality with her,

and the merchants of the earth became rich owing to the power of her shameless luxury.


Apart from constantly throwing (the same bits of) scripture at people - do you have a point to make?


Yes Confucius him say do not stand too close to crazy man in case you get same reward as him.

Or was that birds of a feather stick together?

I use the bible because it always says the right thing does it not?

Proverbs 14:8
By wisdom the shrewd man understands the way he is going, But the stupid are deceived by their foolishness.

Proverbs 1:22
ow long will you inexperienced ones love inexperience? How long will you ridiculers take pleasure in ridicule? And how long will you foolish ones hate knowledge?
_________________
James
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jim
Senior Community Member


Joined: 15 Jun 2011
Posts: 4842


Location: South West Scotland

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem to be a stranger to the potential of hermeneutics or exegesis.
Unsurprisingly.
_________________
Christians accept One God, Triune in nature.
SAOR ALBA GU BRATH!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sebastian Toe
Senior Community Member


Joined: 12 Dec 2010
Posts: 1261



PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesJah wrote:
Sebastian Toe wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Revelation 18:2, 3
She has fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen, and she has become a dwelling place of demons and a place where every unclean spirit and every unclean and hated bird lurks! For because of the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality,

all the nations have fallen victim,

and the kings of the earth committed sexual immorality with her,

and the merchants of the earth became rich owing to the power of her shameless luxury.


Apart from constantly throwing (the same bits of) scripture at people - do you have a point to make?


Yes Confucius him say do not stand too close to crazy man in case you get same reward as him.


Well if staying close to you on this forum is he internet equivalent of that, then we're all fucked!
_________________
The legal drinking age has never been 21 in the UK.
It was increased to 18 years around 1922 and has remained 18 years ever since.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MikeRan
Junior Community Member


Joined: 02 Jun 2014
Posts: 37


Location: nearby

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesJah look to yourself.Others have got in wrong, so have you and all of us. God knows we mean well but meaning well does not mean being mean    to others. Stop making comparisons. As for Revelation, it is open to endless interpretations and was penned by a man exiled, living in a cave, worrying about his fellow Christians. Who knows where his mind went or if he was writing in code to them.
We'll find out how wrong we were one day. We will also be at perfect peace and love one another.
_________________
Mikey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jim
Senior Community Member


Joined: 15 Jun 2011
Posts: 4842


Location: South West Scotland

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeRan wrote:
JamesJah look to yourself.Others have got in wrong, so have you and all of us. God knows we mean well but meaning well does not mean being mean    to others. Stop making comparisons. As for Revelation, it is open to endless interpretations and was penned by a man exiled, living in a cave, worrying about his fellow Christians. Who knows where his mind went or if he was writing in code to them.
We'll find out how wrong we were one day. We will also be at perfect peace and love one another.


-
Yes.
While I regard Revelation as Scripture, I have to remember the day, thirty odd years back, when I went into a Christian Bookshop, where, on one shelf, the individual books of the New Testament (NIV) were available for sale.
The book of Revelation took up forty pages.
On another shelf were commentariies on the books.
The commentary for Revelation took eight hundred pages.
I think that says it all, really.
_________________
Christians accept One God, Triune in nature.
SAOR ALBA GU BRATH!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JamesJah
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5425


Location: Sheppey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim wrote:
You seem to be a stranger to the potential of hermeneutics or exegesis.
Unsurprisingly.


Is that not in the dictionary then?
_________________
James
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JamesJah
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5425


Location: Sheppey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeRan wrote:
JamesJah look to yourself.Others have got in wrong, so have you and all of us. God knows we mean well but meaning well does not mean being mean    to others. Stop making comparisons. As for Revelation, it is open to endless interpretations and was penned by a man exiled, living in a cave, worrying about his fellow Christians. Who knows where his mind went or if he was writing in code to them.
We'll find out how wrong we were one day. We will also be at perfect peace and love one another.


Revelation explains itself and the prophets help in understanding it. it is only the self opinionated that have a problem with it.

The last person you need to help understand the book is some one who starts the conversation with I YJINK.

You see what are trying to understand is what God thinks then it is easy.

Foe example in Daniel the prophet we see rhat the wild beasts are world powers we do not have to guess.

The lake of fire is not literal as some teach but the verse explains it is the second death, it pictures total destruction.

There is no problem about the candle sticks or the stars for the same reason.

Why do so many object to it, when it starts with happy is the one who reads?
_________________
James
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketty
Moderator


Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Posts: 7376


Location: Walking the narrow path, singing merrily and living Victoriously

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeRan wrote:
We'll find out how wrong we were one day. We will also be at perfect peace and love one another.


Amen.


_________________
<><Although Christians and Mormons use the same words such as grace, faith, God and sin, they mean very different things by them. Beware the poison!><>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Christian chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum