nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index nglreturns.myfreeforum.org
Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


The Faithfull slave
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Christian chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
Jim
Senior Community Member


Joined: 15 Jun 2011
Posts: 4842


Location: South West Scotland

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote

James:
Quoting Scripture is NOT in itself evidence.
It simply shows the paucity of your argument.
Now: should you be able to use PEER REVIEWED evidence in conjunction with Scripture to back up your case, that's a different argument.
I can do so - but I won't, as this is your thread and you are the one dodging every issue at every turn.
_________________
Christians accept One God, Triune in nature.
SAOR ALBA GU BRATH!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JamesJah
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5425


Location: Sheppey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim wrote:
James:
Quoting Scripture is NOT in itself evidence.
It simply shows the paucity of your argument.
Now: should you be able to use PEER REVIEWED evidence in conjunction with Scripture to back up your case, that's a different argument.
I can do so - but I won't, as this is your thread and you are the one dodging every issue at every turn.


What then is the purpose of the faithful slave is it to promote pear reviewed papers or to teach the purpose of the Almighty?

Is the answer to teach the will of the Almighty as he requested and not to be fooled by the deceptions of Satan and his Satanic teachings?

From the scripture I gave you, could you work out the length of the day of rest of the creator?
_________________
James
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jim
Senior Community Member


Joined: 15 Jun 2011
Posts: 4842


Location: South West Scotland

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See my previous post.
_________________
Christians accept One God, Triune in nature.
SAOR ALBA GU BRATH!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JamesJah
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5425


Location: Sheppey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim wrote:
See my previous post.


You keep claiming you are a Christian, how is that if you do not take Jesus words seriously?


John 17:16-19
They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.

Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth.

 Just as you sent me into the world, I also sent them into the world. 19 And I am sanctifying myself in their behalf, so that they also may be sanctified by means of truth.
_________________
James
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sebastian Toe
Senior Community Member


Joined: 12 Dec 2010
Posts: 1261



PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesJah wrote:
Sebastian Toe wrote:


Lets take baby steps James - how old is the earth?


As old as you would like it to be, OK

Your next step is when was it inhabitable?

The answer when the crust was thick enough to support life, and the atmosphere came to be free of pollution.

How long was that?

According to evidence not long enough to support evolution.


Age, Well I would like it to be what the evidence points at so over 4 billion years.

Habitable, I would think that it was habitable abut 3-3.5 billion years ago, because that is where the evidence points it to be.

Crust? See previous answer, as that is where the evidence points us to.

How long was that? see previous answers.


Which brings us to the conclusion that it was plenty long enough to support evolution.

Next....
_________________
The legal drinking age has never been 21 in the UK.
It was increased to 18 years around 1922 and has remained 18 years ever since.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jim
Senior Community Member


Joined: 15 Jun 2011
Posts: 4842


Location: South West Scotland

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See my previous post(s)
Again.
_________________
Christians accept One God, Triune in nature.
SAOR ALBA GU BRATH!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sebastian Toe
Senior Community Member


Joined: 12 Dec 2010
Posts: 1261



PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesJah wrote:
Jim wrote:
See my previous post.


You keep claiming you are a Christian, how is that if you do not take Jesus words seriously?


John 17:16-19
They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.

Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth.

 Just as you sent me into the world, I also sent them into the world. 19 And I am sanctifying myself in their behalf, so that they also may be sanctified by means of truth.


Ah another piece of evidence to support the theory that, in the main James's posting methodology is not to engage with other posters by answering questions but to respond with one or more questions and then throw in some scripture at the end for good measure.
_________________
The legal drinking age has never been 21 in the UK.
It was increased to 18 years around 1922 and has remained 18 years ever since.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jim
Senior Community Member


Joined: 15 Jun 2011
Posts: 4842


Location: South West Scotland

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sebastian Toe wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Jim wrote:
See my previous post.


You keep claiming you are a Christian, how is that if you do not take Jesus words seriously?


John 17:16-19
They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.

Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth.

 Just as you sent me into the world, I also sent them into the world. 19 And I am sanctifying myself in their behalf, so that they also may be sanctified by means of truth.


Ah another piece of evidence to support the theory that, in the main James's posting methodology is not to engage with other posters by answering questions but to respond with one or more questions and then throw in some scripture at the end for good measure.



-
Yes...
It gets a bit wearing sometimes.
I even give in - but not this time.
Flinging a random Scripture in the mix with a few accusatory questions as a smokescreen for lack of answers won't wash anymore.
_________________
Christians accept One God, Triune in nature.
SAOR ALBA GU BRATH!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leonard James
Senior Community Member


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 3963


Location: Spain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim wrote:

Flinging a random Scripture in the mix with a few accusatory questions as a smokescreen for lack of answers won't wash anymore.


That will not stop JJ from doing it. because it's the only way he knows of to respond.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jim
Senior Community Member


Joined: 15 Jun 2011
Posts: 4842


Location: South West Scotland

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leonard James wrote:
Jim wrote:

Flinging a random Scripture in the mix with a few accusatory questions as a smokescreen for lack of answers won't wash anymore.


That will not stop JJ from doing it. because it's the only way he knows of to respond.


-
Ah, but I can always hope...it's a matter of faith....


_________________
Christians accept One God, Triune in nature.
SAOR ALBA GU BRATH!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Christian chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum