nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index nglreturns.myfreeforum.org
Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Is God and Energy the same thing
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Christian chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
Derek
Senior Community Member


Joined: 15 Jul 2013
Posts: 4885



PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote

Quote:
[quote="The Boyg:127619"]
Derek wrote:
The Boyg wrote:

Anyone could claim that their bullshit pseudoscientific ramblings are "scientific manuscripts".

Which respected, peer-reviewed scientific journals published these works?


That you call his opinions "bullshit pseudoscientific ramblings" really says it all and exposes your arrogant mindset, however, his knowledge on the subject makes you, and I, for that matter, look less than a novice, therefore, one would give a greater credence to what he says on the subject then they would on what you have to say, which was "nope". The question is, have you ever written scientific manuscripts, or been asked to based on your knowledge of quantum physics? No, then enough said. To dismiss him in favour of your "nope" is pure stupidity as he clearly has a greater authority than you do to say what he has said, that is, that it is very likely that quantum sub-atomic particle act intelligently.

As you are no doubt aware, this debate cannot proceed, with you, without you conceding to the very real possibility of that premise, and that is why you never debate and end up in so many arguments because you always maintain that you are right, at any cost, and I mean at any cost to anyone else, because you are too stubborn to let go of that bone and hypothesise. Something that scientists do all the time. You cannot be spoken to because you already know-it-all, so to postulate would be an unnecessary and unrequired option for you. Pride, ah.


You could have simply said "I don't know" instead of posting two paragraphs of irrelevant waffle.

I could have done, however, I was responding to you so I need to spend a little more time in my explanation, or, as you so politely and eloquently put it, "Waffle".

Quote:
You don't know which respected, peer-reviewed scientific journals published these "scientific manuscripts" and yet you expect those of us reading this nonsense to accept them as authoritative.


It is not that I do not know, I don't, however, I could easily find it out by googling it, no, I just do not see that it matters, it is another one of your trivialities. The man is by far better qualified then you are, so I will simply take what he says over what you say. His opinions are based on his experience in quantum physics whereas yours is knowledge based on the word "nope" with no explanation. I doubt whether there are any peer reviewed papers on it either as it is such a new and unknown quantity at the moment, there might be, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if there aren't. The debate was opinion and probability based. I say "was" as you have pretty much succeeded in derailing it know by asking for proof on opinions. Well done.
_________________
Christians believe in the Godhead. God, the father, and his son, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, who testifies of His Truth. Three  Separate and Distinct Individuals. Anything else is false doctrine, the teaching of men.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Boyg
Senior Community Member


Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 3527



PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek wrote:

It is not that I do not know, I don't, however, I could easily find it out by googling it, no, I just do not see that it matters,


Of course it matters. Anyone can call their idiotic scribblings a "scientific manuscript". If they had been published in a respected, peer-reviewed scientific journal then it would establish their credibility.


Quote:
The man is by far better qualified then you are


But not in any relevant subject. As such your reference to his qualifications are a fallacious argument from authority


Quote:
His opinions are based on his experience in quantum physics


What "experience in quantum physics"? The biography that you cited didn't list any.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ketty
Moderator


Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Posts: 7376


Location: Walking the narrow path, singing merrily and living Victoriously

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek wrote:
Ketty wrote:
Derek wrote:
When we reach a level of intelligence, approaching that of the intelligence of God, Himself, then he will return.

M
cyberman wrote:
Really? You believe that humans can achieve a level of intelligence which approaches God's?

Is this Scientology?


Could be, and it's also part of LDS belief - that men will become gods.



Liar


How is that a lie, Derek?  

It may be Scientology, I've not researched it so I don't know.  Certainly though, Joseph Smith taught a plurality of gods, and that man by obeying the commandments of the LDS Koloby god and keeping the whole law will eventually reach the power and exaltation by which man also will become a god.  

Therefore, it is you who is (as usual) the liar.  Nothing new there, then.  I wonder why you are so sensitive about the anti-christian and anti-biblical teaching which comes from the Mormons?

The Bible says nothing at all about Christ Jesus's* return to be associated with man reaching a level of intelligence approaching the intelligence of Creator GOD*.  Pseudo-intellectual verbose claptrap in an attempt to appear learned may try and detract from the Might and Power of Abba Father*, but any attempt to confine Him* to comparisons with human 'intelligence', or to even consider that to be a possibility comes from the arrogance of the one who is the enemy of the LORD* and His people.  

* I AM: the Triune Godhead - God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.


                                                               Mormon's

_________________
<><Although Christians and Mormons use the same words such as grace, faith, God and sin, they mean very different things by them. Beware the poison!><>


Last edited by Ketty on Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Derek
Senior Community Member


Joined: 15 Jul 2013
Posts: 4885



PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
[quote="The Boyg:127621"]
Derek wrote:

It is not that I do not know, I don't, however, I could easily find it out by googling it, no, I just do not see that it matters,


Of course it matters. Anyone can call their idiotic scribblings a "scientific manuscript". If they had been published in a respected, peer-reviewed scientific journal then it would establish their credibility.


If we were dealing with facts instead of pure speculation then I would agree, however, we are not because there is nothing absolute about quantum physics, so stop being so silly, no one will point figures because you have gotten it wrong and are continuing to dig your hole. We are not determining the reason why quantum sub-atomic particles exist, no one here is anywhere near qualified enough so the necessity to be that factual is a little overkill on a debating forum.

But that is not your objective here, is it? You seem excessively irrational in trying to discredit me and my beliefs and opinions. So much so that you tend to hang on to a point far too long in the hope that you will achieve your goal, like a dog with a bone, only you never have been able to. I always take the bone from you. Not even close, which must really peeve you off. You never will because my motives are honorable and my opinions are steeped in truth. No matter how you try and set me up, by communicating through the PM's on here, you will never make a liar out of me in order to discredit me. Why, because I am a devout Christian, not just by mouth, but by deeds. I do not intentionally lie. I strive to live a Christ centred life so you will never be able because I am on the Lords side and he doesn't lie either.

You probably couldn't give a stuff about quantum physics, as is easily detected in your poor attempt to debate it. It is not whether sub-atomic particles act intelligently or not, that is obvious, no, it is how you can manipulate quantum physics, a subject that you know nothing about, to make me look as stupid as you are, or any other subject.

You are specifically hostile with Ayad Gharbawi, not because he is not qualified to state what he has stated, but because if you can discredit him  then you will discredit my choice to quote him, that is what you do and are known for, only there is no way that you can, because he doesn't have to be qualified in what he says, he just has to be more qualified than you or I, and he is, therefore, all you will achieve is to make yourself seem a little over obsessed with your need to discredit me. Any person who takes an interest in quantum physics will see that  quantum sub-atomic particle act intelligently. It is a given that does not require debating. For example, how do they know that they are being observed?

You are as obsessed with me, as you were with Professor Phil when you hounded him so badly that you lost respect from many of the posters on R&E, along with your membership. You couldn't let it go with him and you are the same with me. You don't like being bettered in intelligence, especially from someone like me.  

Quote:
Quote:
The man is far better qualified than you are


But not in any relevant subject. As such your reference to his qualifications are a fallacious argument from authority


He doesn't have to be, he just needs to be more intelligent and knowledgeable on quantum physics than you are, he is, but that is not hard. That makes him a greater authority than you or I. Again, that doesn't really matter, it is just another bone that you are trying to use to discredit me with. Your modus operandum seems to be to discredit your opponent thus saving you the need to offer intelligent debate, if it doesn't work you go quite. Under different circumstances, you would no doubt use this person to back your own argument up.

Quote:
Quote:
His opinions are based on his experience in quantum physics


What "experience in quantum physics"? The biography that you cited didn't list any.


Yes it did, Right here

Quote:
I have also written scientific manuscripts on the subject of what the definition of Consciousness, the ‘I’, and the ‘Self’ is, and ultimately writing on what the Constituents of the Mind are. These studies are deeply connected with the Quantum Physics Consciousness Sciences – and it is a subject that, perhaps not surprisingly, does not have such a large audience!


His in-depth research that was necessary for him to write manuscripts on Quantum sub-atomic particles. The biography listed more than you cared to mentions, including the publication of those manuscripts.
_________________
Christians believe in the Godhead. God, the father, and his son, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, who testifies of His Truth. Three  Separate and Distinct Individuals. Anything else is false doctrine, the teaching of men.


Last edited by Derek on Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Derek
Senior Community Member


Joined: 15 Jul 2013
Posts: 4885



PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
[quote="Ketty:127623"]
Derek wrote:
Ketty wrote:
Derek wrote:
When we reach a level of intelligence, approaching that of the intelligence of God, Himself, then he will return.

M
cyberman wrote:
Really? You believe that humans can achieve a level of intelligence which approaches God's?

Is this Scientology?


Could be, and it's also part of LDS belief - that men will become gods.



Liar


How is that a lie, Derek?


Let me tell you why it is a lie Ketty Dear. I was a Mormon for 25 years. In that time, I never heard it mentions during any Church meeting and I never heard anyone talking about it either. It is a sensitive issue that is not promoted or spoken about in any official church business, although I don't see why not as it is a very interesting postulation. There are many members who believe it could be a possibility, but it is not official church doctrine, therefore, for you to say that it is what Mormons believe, it is a lie.

Having said that, it is a very interesting and popular topic of debate and to speculate and theorise about it is interesting, however, such free thought is probably a major taboo with your lot, thus taking away free thought. I personally  believe that we exist for a reason, there is nothing wrong or extraordinary about considering that reason to be a progression to Godhood. It seems very logical and plausible theory to me and gives us a very real reason to exist.. Nobody is asking you to believe it, unlike your insistence that we should all believe in your false doctrine of the trinity, it is a personal belief that is more than worthy of consideration. But you will not see it like that as you have been indoctrinated by the false teachings of men. Which is worse, believing that God is three individuals in one or that man may become as God is?

Quote:
It may be Scientology, I've not researched it so I don't know.  Certainly though, Joseph Smith taught a plurality of gods, and that man by obeying the commandments of the LDS Koloby god and keeping the whole law will eventually reach the power and exaltation by which man also will become a god.  

Therefore, it is you who is (as usual) the liar.  Nothing new there, then.  I wonder why you are so sensitive about the anti-christian and anti-biblical teaching which comes from the Mormons?


How can it be me who is lying? If anything it would be Mormonism, however, I am not a Mormon so how are you able to accuse me of lying? Maybe you should look at your own religion before you condemn and judge other religions. A religion that justifies the condemnation of other religions and their beliefs, like they are arrogantly the sole possessors of the truth, is not a religion but a dictatorship. But, again, this will be met with the usual contention and hostility of someone who subscribes to an elitist religious organisation, as you do.

Quote:
The Bible says nothing at all about Christ Jesus's* return to be associated with man reaching a level of intelligence approaching the intelligence of Creator GOD*.  Pseudo-intellectual verbose claptrap in an attempt to appear learned may try and detract from the Might and Power of Abba Father*, but any attempt to confine Him* to comparisons with human 'intelligence', or to even consider that to be a possibility comes from the arrogance of the one who is the enemy of the LORD* and His people.


The bible says nothing at all about God Incarnate or the trinity, yet you believe that, without them condemning you for it. To consider that you could progress to be like Him is an individuals right, as long as he/she does not force that opinion on others, like born again Christians try to do with the trinity. It is none of your business what they want to consider.or speculate. Next thing we know you will be saying that it is wrong for two men to be married and not an individual right and choice.


* I AM: the Truine Godhead - God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

You can't even get the spelling correct on your false doctrine, the teachings of men. Blasphemy
                                                   
Christians believe in the Godhead. God, the father, and His son, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, who testifies of His Truth. Three  Separate and Distinct Individuals. Anything else is false doctrine, the teachings of men.

If I am an enemy to the Lord, what does that make you, the spawn of Satan, only you blatantly and openly sin for the world to see, whereas, I strive to keep the commandments. If you think you know Him then you have been deceived by the angel of light and it is to him that you give your allegiance.
_________________
Christians believe in the Godhead. God, the father, and his son, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, who testifies of His Truth. Three  Separate and Distinct Individuals. Anything else is false doctrine, the teaching of men.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Boyg
Senior Community Member


Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 3527



PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek wrote:
You are specifically hostile with Ayad Gharbawi


I'm not hostile to him.

I am merely pointing out that, since he has no relevant qualifications in this area of expertise, quoting his garbage in support of your garbage and expecting those who read your posts to consider it to be authoritative is fallacious.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Derek
Senior Community Member


Joined: 15 Jul 2013
Posts: 4885



PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
[quote="The Boyg:127628"]
Derek wrote:
You are specifically hostile with Ayad Gharbawi


I'm not hostile to him.


Well, at least we now know that you do not have any conception on what it means to be hostile


Quote:
I am merely pointing out that, since he has no relevant qualifications in this area of expertise, quoting his garbage in support of your garbage and expecting those who read your posts to consider it to be authoritative is fallacious.


No, you are not merely pointing anything out, as is evidenced by my responses. You are looking at ways in which to get at me, to persecute me for some unknown vendetta. He may not have a piece of paper with his qualifications on it, to my knowledge, however, for him to be asked to write scientific manuscripts is sufficient to demonstrate that he is more than qualified in the field of quantum physics. But even that is not absolute as there are no absolutes in quantum physics, yet. No one can speak authoritively on it as it is so unpredictable, therefore, what you are asking for is not yet available from anyone. It is his experience that is a witness to quantum sub-atomic particles acting intelligently. If you knew anything about how they act then you would not be directing this triviality.

I did not ask for my post, or as you put it, with unnecessary hostility,.garbage, to be taken with authority as there is none. It is a debate where there is no set facts to debate as there are none. It is all speculation and conjecture. I was theorising whether God and Energy are the same thing, both having intellegence.
_________________
Christians believe in the Godhead. God, the father, and his son, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, who testifies of His Truth. Three  Separate and Distinct Individuals. Anything else is false doctrine, the teaching of men.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Boyg
Senior Community Member


Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 3527



PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek wrote:
The Boyg wrote:
I am merely pointing out that, since he has no relevant qualifications in this area of expertise, quoting his garbage in support of your garbage and expecting those who read your posts to consider it to be authoritative is fallacious.


No, you are not merely pointing anything out


Yes I am.

The fact that you like to embellish your responses with unnecessary waffle in order to disguise their lack of relevant content doesn't have any bearing on that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Derek
Senior Community Member


Joined: 15 Jul 2013
Posts: 4885



PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Boyg wrote:
Derek wrote:
The Boyg wrote:
I am merely pointing out that, since he has no relevant qualifications in this area of expertise, quoting his garbage in support of your garbage and expecting those who read your posts to consider it to be authoritative is fallacious.


No, you are not merely pointing anything out


Yes I am.

The fact that you like to embellish your responses with unnecessary waffle in order to disguise their lack of relevant content doesn't have any bearing on that.


I do not like to embellish, it is necessary with some people to insure they comprehend what is being said, like yourself.
_________________
Christians believe in the Godhead. God, the father, and his son, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, who testifies of His Truth. Three  Separate and Distinct Individuals. Anything else is false doctrine, the teaching of men.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketty
Moderator


Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Posts: 7376


Location: Walking the narrow path, singing merrily and living Victoriously

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek wrote:
Let me tell you why it is a lie Ketty Dear. I was a Mormon for 25 years. In that time, I never heard it mentions during any Church meeting and I never heard anyone talking about it either.


Derek wrote:
It is a sensitive issue that is not promoted or spoken about in any official church business,


You've confirmed then that it's not a lie that Joseph Smith one of the originators of Mormon anti-Christian teaching promoted the idea that men will be gods if they are good little boys and believe all that he promoted - merely that it's 'sensitive'.  Thought so.  Not surprised though that it's another one of the LDS "secrets" about their Koloby god - just like their secret handshakes and secret names, etc.  Nothing new there, then.  

Derek wrote:
although I don't see why not as it is a very interesting postulation. There are many members who believe it could be a possibility, but it is not official church doctrine, therefore, for you to say that it is what Mormons believe, it is a lie.

Having said that, it is a very interesting and popular topic of debate and to speculate and theorise about it is interesting, however, such free thought is probably a major taboo with your lot, thus taking away free thought. I personally  believe that we exist for a reason, there is nothing wrong or extraordinary about considering that reason to be a progression to Godhood. It seems very logical and plausible theory to me and gives us a very real reason to exist.. Nobody is asking you to believe it, unlike your insistence that we should all believe in your false doctrine of the trinity, it is a personal belief that is more than worthy of consideration. But you will not see it like that as you have been indoctrinated by the false teachings of men. Which is worse, believing that God is three individuals in one or that man may become as God is?

How can it be me who is lying? If anything it would be Mormonism, however, I am not a Mormon so how are you able to accuse me of lying? Maybe you should look at your own religion before you condemn and judge other religions. A religion that justifies the condemnation of other religions and their beliefs, like they are arrogantly the sole possessors of the truth, is not a religion but a dictatorship. But, again, this will be met with the usual contention and hostility of someone who subscribes to an elitist religious organisation, as you do.

The bible says nothing at all about God Incarnate or the trinity, yet you believe that, without them condemning you for it. To consider that you could progress to be like Him is an individuals right, as long as he/she does not force that opinion on others, like born again Christians try to do with the trinity. It is none of your business what they want to consider.or speculate. Next thing we know you will be saying that it is wrong for two men to be married and not an individual right and choice.

You can't even get the spelling correct on your false doctrine, the teachings of men. Blasphemy
                                                   
Christians believe in the Godhead. God, the father, and His son, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, who testifies of His Truth. Three  Separate and Distinct Individuals. Anything else is false doctrine, the teachings of men.

If I am an enemy to the Lord, what does that make you, the spawn of Satan, only you blatantly and openly sin for the world to see, whereas, I strive to keep the commandments. If you think you know Him then you have been deceived by the angel of light and it is to him that you give your allegiance.



_________________
<><Although Christians and Mormons use the same words such as grace, faith, God and sin, they mean very different things by them. Beware the poison!><>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Christian chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum