nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index nglreturns.myfreeforum.org
Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Whhat rare real Christians doing this Easter?
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Christian chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
LeClerc
Senior Community Member


Joined: 31 May 2012
Posts: 2727



PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote

Hello James

JamesJah wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Can an Almighty God be called a King, a grand instructor a mighty God?

How Many Almighty Gods can one have?

http://www.jw.org/en/


Or mighty God?

Still not read yet I see?


Maybe you should heed your own adivice

Quote:


ALMIGHTY

The word “Almighty” is translated from the Hebrew word Shad·dai′ and the Greek word Pan·to·kra′tor. Both words evidently convey the idea of strength or power.

The Hebrew Term. In the Hebrew text Shad·dai′ is used seven times along with ʼEl (God), forming the title “God Almighty.” (Ge 17:1; 28:3; 35:11; 43:14; 48:3; Ex 6:3; Eze 10:5) In the other 41 occurrences it stands alone and is translated “the Almighty” or “the Almighty One.” Similar to ʼAdho·nai′ (Sovereign Lord) and ʼElo·him′ (God), Shad·dai′ is in the plural to denote excellence.—Ge 49:25; Nu 24:4; Ps 68:14.


The exact derivation of the word Shad·dai′ is a matter of discussion. The translators of the Septuagint used several Greek words in translating it, but in the book of Job they did employ the word Pan·to·kra′tor (All Powerful) 16 times for Shad·dai′. In a few cases they rendered it by a Greek term (hi·ka·nos′) meaning “sufficient” or “fit” (Ru 1:20, 21; Job 21:15; 31:2; 40:2), and later Greek translators such as Aquila and Symmachus followed this p. 78interpretation, thereby presenting Shad·dai′ as the “Sufficient (Fit) One.”



Now James

Isaiah 10 NWT
21  Only a remnant will return,
The remnant of Jacob, to the Mighty God.+


What is the name of the Mighty God to whom a remnant will return ?

You seem to be in need of some help.

Who gave these words to the prophet Isaiah ?

Issiah 65
9   I will bring out of Jacob an offspring And out of Judah the one to inherit my mountains; My chosen ones will take possession of it, And my servants will reside there.

Maybe, just maybe, you could answer a question for a change ?

Regards

LeClerc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JamesJah
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5425


Location: Sheppey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeClerc wrote:
Hello James

JamesJah wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Can an Almighty God be called a King, a grand instructor a mighty God?

How Many Almighty Gods can one have?

http://www.jw.org/en/


Or mighty God?

Still not read yet I see?


Maybe you should heed your own adivice

Quote:


ALMIGHTY

The word “Almighty” is translated from the Hebrew word Shad·dai′ and the Greek word Pan·to·kra′tor. Both words evidently convey the idea of strength or power.

The Hebrew Term. In the Hebrew text Shad·dai′ is used seven times along with ʼEl (God), forming the title “God Almighty.” (Ge 17:1; 28:3; 35:11; 43:14; 48:3; Ex 6:3; Eze 10:5) In the other 41 occurrences it stands alone and is translated “the Almighty” or “the Almighty One.” Similar to ʼAdho·nai′ (Sovereign Lord) and ʼElo·him′ (God), Shad·dai′ is in the plural to denote excellence.—Ge 49:25; Nu 24:4; Ps 68:14.


The exact derivation of the word Shad·dai′ is a matter of discussion. The translators of the Septuagint used several Greek words in translating it, but in the book of Job they did employ the word Pan·to·kra′tor (All Powerful) 16 times for Shad·dai′. In a few cases they rendered it by a Greek term (hi·ka·nos′) meaning “sufficient” or “fit” (Ru 1:20, 21; Job 21:15; 31:2; 40:2), and later Greek translators such as Aquila and Symmachus followed this p. 78interpretation, thereby presenting Shad·dai′ as the “Sufficient (Fit) One.”



Now James

Isaiah 10 NWT
21  Only a remnant will return,
The remnant of Jacob, to the Mighty God.+


What is the name of the Mighty God to whom a remnant will return ?

You seem to be in need of some help.

Who gave these words to the prophet Isaiah ?

Issiah 65
9   I will bring out of Jacob an offspring And out of Judah the one to inherit my mountains; My chosen ones will take possession of it, And my servants will reside there.

Maybe, just maybe, you could answer a question for a change ?

Regards

LeClerc



Is Jesus going to do the gathering?

Has he been give his authority by Jehovah?

Does Jehovah leave matters up to his son, and the exalted chosen ones, including the remnant?

Matthew 25:31, 32
When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before hi.

[when fitting a jigsaw together, each piece has its place if they are put together properly, then we can see the hole picture, if not it remains distorted, does it not?
_________________
James
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LeClerc
Senior Community Member


Joined: 31 May 2012
Posts: 2727



PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello James

JamesJah wrote:
LeClerc wrote:
Hello James

JamesJah wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Can an Almighty God be called a King, a grand instructor a mighty God?

How Many Almighty Gods can one have?

http://www.jw.org/en/


Or mighty God?

Still not read yet I see?


Maybe you should heed your own adivice

Quote:


ALMIGHTY

The word “Almighty” is translated from the Hebrew word Shad·dai′ and the Greek word Pan·to·kra′tor. Both words evidently convey the idea of strength or power.

The Hebrew Term. In the Hebrew text Shad·dai′ is used seven times along with ʼEl (God), forming the title “God Almighty.” (Ge 17:1; 28:3; 35:11; 43:14; 48:3; Ex 6:3; Eze 10:5) In the other 41 occurrences it stands alone and is translated “the Almighty” or “the Almighty One.” Similar to ʼAdho·nai′ (Sovereign Lord) and ʼElo·him′ (God), Shad·dai′ is in the plural to denote excellence.—Ge 49:25; Nu 24:4; Ps 68:14.


The exact derivation of the word Shad·dai′ is a matter of discussion. The translators of the Septuagint used several Greek words in translating it, but in the book of Job they did employ the word Pan·to·kra′tor (All Powerful) 16 times for Shad·dai′. In a few cases they rendered it by a Greek term (hi·ka·nos′) meaning “sufficient” or “fit” (Ru 1:20, 21; Job 21:15; 31:2; 40:2), and later Greek translators such as Aquila and Symmachus followed this p. 78interpretation, thereby presenting Shad·dai′ as the “Sufficient (Fit) One.”



Now James

Isaiah 10 NWT
21  Only a remnant will return,
The remnant of Jacob, to the Mighty God.+


What is the name of the Mighty God to whom a remnant will return ?

You seem to be in need of some help.

Who gave these words to the prophet Isaiah ?

Issiah 65
9   I will bring out of Jacob an offspring And out of Judah the one to inherit my mountains; My chosen ones will take possession of it, And my servants will reside there.

Maybe, just maybe, you could answer a question for a change ?

Regards

LeClerc



Is Jesus going to do the gathering?

Has he been give his authority by Jehovah?

Does Jehovah leave matters up to his son, and the exalted chosen ones, including the remnant?

Matthew 25:31, 32
When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before hi.

[when fitting a jigsaw together, each piece has its place if they are put together properly, then we can see the hole picture, if not it remains distorted, does it not?


More diversionary tactics James, nothing changes, will return to the question later to see if you are capable of a straight answer.

So James where will the nations be when they are gathered before the Son of man ?

Regards

LeClerc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JamesJah
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5425


Location: Sheppey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

So James where will the nations be when they are gathered before the Son of man ?

Regards

LeClerc



UIs there some question about their being located on earth?
_________________
James
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cyberman
Senior Community Member


Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 3750


Location: Edinburgh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeClerc wrote:
see if you are capable of a straight answer.

So James where will the nations be when they are gathered before the Son of man ?

Regards

LeClerc


JamesJah wrote:


Is there some question about their being located on earth?


It appears he is not! (I can't say I'm surprised).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JamesJah
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5425


Location: Sheppey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberman wrote:
LeClerc wrote:
see if you are capable of a straight answer.

So James where will the nations be when they are gathered before the Son of man ?

Regards

LeClerc


JamesJah wrote:


Is there some question about their being located on earth?


It appears he is not! (I can't say I'm surprised).


Have you worked out why they had all been blind to his presence?


Matthew 25:37
Then the righteous ones will answer him with the words: ‘Lord, when did we see you
_________________
James
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LeClerc
Senior Community Member


Joined: 31 May 2012
Posts: 2727



PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello James

Since you are stuck in diversionary tactics mode I will return to the original question

JamesJah wrote:
JamesJah wrote:
Can an Almighty God be called a King, a grand instructor a mighty God?

How Many Almighty Gods can one have?

http://www.jw.org/en/


Or mighty God?

Still not read yet I see?


Maybe you should heed your own adivice

Quote:


ALMIGHTY

The word “Almighty” is translated from the Hebrew word Shad·dai′ and the Greek word Pan·to·kra′tor. Both words evidently convey the idea of strength or power.

The Hebrew Term. In the Hebrew text Shad·dai′ is used seven times along with ʼEl (God), forming the title “God Almighty.” (Ge 17:1; 28:3; 35:11; 43:14; 48:3; Ex 6:3; Eze 10:5) In the other 41 occurrences it stands alone and is translated “the Almighty” or “the Almighty One.” Similar to ʼAdho·nai′ (Sovereign Lord) and ʼElo·him′ (God), Shad·dai′ is in the plural to denote excellence.—Ge 49:25; Nu 24:4; Ps 68:14.


The exact derivation of the word Shad·dai′ is a matter of discussion. The translators of the Septuagint used several Greek words in translating it, but in the book of Job they did employ the word Pan·to·kra′tor (All Powerful) 16 times for Shad·dai′. In a few cases they rendered it by a Greek term (hi·ka·nos′) meaning “sufficient” or “fit” (Ru 1:20, 21; Job 21:15; 31:2; 40:2), and later Greek translators such as Aquila and Symmachus followed this p. 78interpretation, thereby presenting Shad·dai′ as the “Sufficient (Fit) One.”



Now James

Isaiah 10 NWT
21  Only a remnant will return,
The remnant of Jacob, to the Mighty God.+


What is the name of the Mighty God to whom a remnant will return ?

You seem to be in need of some help.

Who gave these words to the prophet Isaiah ?

Issiah 65
9   I will bring out of Jacob an offspring And out of Judah the one to inherit my mountains; My chosen ones will take possession of it, And my servants will reside there.

Maybe, just maybe, you could answer a question for a change ?

Regards

LeClerc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JamesJah
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5425


Location: Sheppey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some questions only add to confusion and some answers do not clarify matters as Jesus showed on some accessions.

Matthew 21:23-25
After he went into the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people came up to him while he was teaching and said: “

By what authority do you do these things? And who gave you this authority?”

 In reply Jesus said to them: “I will also ask you one thing. If you tell me, then I will also tell you by what authority I do these things: The baptism by John, from what source was it? From heaven or from men?” . . .


_________________
James
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Christian chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum