Courtesy of the Belgian philosopher Maarten Boudry of the University of Ghent:
The Ten Commandments of Faitheism (Belief in Belief)
1. All religions are equal.
2. All religions are benign.
3. Thou shalt not blaspheme or offend any faith.
4. Thou shalt give special exemptions and privileges to all religions.
5. Thou shalt respect what is done in the name of faith (except when not 'true' religion: see 9. & 10).
6. Thou shalt not challenge the faith of the Little People.
7. Every religion is a race (and thou shalt not be racist).
8. Holy Books can mean whatever we want them to mean (except what they literally say).
9. No 'true' religion can incite hatred and violence.
10. No 'true' religion can clash with science.
I've liked this man and his writings before; I like him even more now
_________________ There’s no reason to be agnostic about ideas that are dramatically incompatible with everything we know about modern science. - Sean M. Carroll
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum