nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index nglreturns.myfreeforum.org
Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Atheist minister?
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> All faiths and none
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Leonard James
Senior Community Member


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 3963


Location: Spain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote

The Boyg wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
None of which alters the fact that the forum isn't a nodfest, as suggested. QED.


You can put that strawman down now Leonard.

Because I didn't say that it was.

Try reading for comprehension next time.  


So what does the first post on this page mean if not that?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jim
Senior Community Member


Joined: 15 Jun 2011
Posts: 4842


Location: South West Scotland

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Leonard James:127847"]As usual, it boils down to  personal interpretation of the Bible. Why on earth can't all Christians get along together as Jesus taught they should?[/quote  

-
Presumably, this person took some sort of vow at ordination/induction, and that vow must have included the promise to adhere to the credal statements of the church to which they were ordained.
Iknow little of this denomination, but in the case of my own denomination, even though I disagree (sometimes strongly) with the liberal wing, I recognise that those ministers and elders who are ordained must adhere to the Apostles creed at the very least....otherwise they are living a lie and dishonour the office they hold.
_________________
Christians accept One God, Triune in nature.
SAOR ALBA GU BRATH!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Boyg
Senior Community Member


Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 3527



PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leonard James wrote:

So what does the first post on this page mean if not that?


Try reading for comprehension Lenny:

The Boyg wrote:
There are people who have responsibility in that group who want to turn it into a homogenous nodfest.

They are slowly getting their way.


trentvoyager wrote:

I  think what Boyg is saying is that it is turning into a group of like minded people all agreeing with each other.


No one said that it is the current state.

So your 'QED' was based on a strawman.

Well done, you disproved something that no one had claimed in the first place.  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Leonard James
Senior Community Member


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 3963


Location: Spain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Boyg wrote:
Leonard James wrote:

So what does the first post on this page mean if not that?


Try reading for comprehension Lenny:

The Boyg wrote:
There are people who have responsibility in that group who want to turn it into a homogenous nodfest.

They are slowly getting their way.


trentvoyager wrote:

I  think what Boyg is saying is that it is turning into a group of like minded people all agreeing with each other.


No one said that it is the current state.

So your 'QED' was based on a strawman.

Well done, you disproved something that no one had claimed in the first place.  


So I see. Never mind, one straw man from me doesn't have a chance against your army of them.  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
The Boyg
Senior Community Member


Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 3527



PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leonard James wrote:
Never mind, one straw man from me doesn't have a chance against your army of them.


Please present links to this "army of strawman" of mine Leonard or be exposed as a liar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Leonard James
Senior Community Member


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 3963


Location: Spain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Boyg wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
Never mind, one straw man from me doesn't have a chance against your army of them.


Please present links to this "army of strawman" of mine Leonard or be exposed as a liar.


         

You really are a silly git, ain'tcha?  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
The Boyg
Senior Community Member


Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 3527



PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leonard James wrote:
The Boyg wrote:
Leonard James wrote:
Never mind, one straw man from me doesn't have a chance against your army of them.


Please present links to this "army of strawman" of mine Leonard or be exposed as a liar.


         

You really are a silly git, ain'tcha?  


So you can present no evidence in support of your claim of an "army of strawmen" arguments employed by me then.

Your lie is duly noted.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> All faiths and none All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum