nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index nglreturns.myfreeforum.org
Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Suggested new rule

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Forum rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
Lexilogio
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 7585


Location: North of the Watford Gap

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Suggested new rule  Reply with quote

In light of the new Twitter account for the forum - I'm going to suggest two new rules:

1. No plagiarism. If you post someone else's words - you have to credit them.

2. You must not post private information gleaned on this site about others elsewhere without their express permission. Doing so will receive a warning and the post removed. Doing it again could result in a ban. People have a right to privacy.


Reasonable?
_________________
Lexi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketty
Moderator


Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Posts: 7376


Location: Walking the narrow path, singing merrily and living Victoriously

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Suggested new rule Reply with quote

Lexilogio wrote:
In light of the new Twitter account for the forum - I'm going to suggest two new rules:

1. No plagiarism. If you post someone else's words - you have to credit them.

2. You must not post private information gleaned on this site about others elsewhere without their express permission. Doing so will receive a warning and the post removed. Doing it again could result in a ban. People have a right to privacy.


Reasonable?


Very.  
_________________
<><Although Christians and Mormons use the same words such as grace, faith, God and sin, they mean very different things by them. Beware the poison!><>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shaker
Site Admin


Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 8694



PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfectly  
_________________
There’s no reason to be agnostic about ideas that are dramatically incompatible with everything we know about modern science. - Sean M. Carroll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cymrudynnion
Senior Community Member


Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Posts: 1208



PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Suggested new rule Reply with quote

Lexilogio wrote:
In light of the new Twitter account for the forum - I'm going to suggest two new rules: 1. No plagiarism. If you post someone else's words - you have to credit them. 2. You must not post private information gleaned on this site about others elsewhere without their express permission. Doing so will receive a warning and the post removed. Doing it again could result in a ban. People have a right to privacy. Reasonable?
I don't agree with suggested Rule 2. If anyone is stupid enough to post what can be construde as personal or private information about themselves on a public forum regardless of the name of that forum it is up to them to face the consequences.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gone
Well Known Chatterbox...


Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 6411


Location: UK

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Suggested new rule Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by gone on Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Boyg
Senior Community Member


Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 3527



PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Suggested new rule Reply with quote

cymrudynnion wrote:
Lexilogio wrote:
In light of the new Twitter account for the forum - I'm going to suggest two new rules: 1. No plagiarism. If you post someone else's words - you have to credit them. 2. You must not post private information gleaned on this site about others elsewhere without their express permission. Doing so will receive a warning and the post removed. Doing it again could result in a ban. People have a right to privacy. Reasonable?
I don't agree with suggested Rule 2. If anyone is stupid enough to post what can be construde as personal or private information about themselves on a public forum regardless of the name of that forum it is up to them to face the consequences.


Just because they've made it public here is no reason to presume that they're happy with it being made public elsewhere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
cymrudynnion
Senior Community Member


Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Posts: 1208



PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Suggested new rule Reply with quote

The Boyg wrote:
cymrudynnion wrote:
Lexilogio wrote:
In light of the new Twitter account for the forum - I'm going to suggest two new rules: 1. No plagiarism. If you post someone else's words - you have to credit them. 2. You must not post private information gleaned on this site about others elsewhere without their express permission. Doing so will receive a warning and the post removed. Doing it again could result in a ban. People have a right to privacy. Reasonable?
I don't agree with suggested Rule 2. If anyone is stupid enough to post what can be construde as personal or private information about themselves on a public forum regardless of the name of that forum it is up to them to face the consequences.


Just because they've made it public here is no reason to presume that they're happy with it being made public elsewhere.
Then in this instance I disagree with you. If someone makes a statement on a forum or Message Board and they are identified on another Forum or Message Board, if the information bnroadcasted was personal or private they are most stupid/foolish to post it in the first place.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Boyg
Senior Community Member


Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 3527



PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Suggested new rule Reply with quote

cymrudynnion wrote:
The Boyg wrote:
cymrudynnion wrote:
Lexilogio wrote:
In light of the new Twitter account for the forum - I'm going to suggest two new rules: 1. No plagiarism. If you post someone else's words - you have to credit them. 2. You must not post private information gleaned on this site about others elsewhere without their express permission. Doing so will receive a warning and the post removed. Doing it again could result in a ban. People have a right to privacy. Reasonable?
I don't agree with suggested Rule 2. If anyone is stupid enough to post what can be construde as personal or private information about themselves on a public forum regardless of the name of that forum it is up to them to face the consequences.

Just because they've made it public here is no reason to presume that they're happy with it being made public elsewhere.
Then in this instance I disagree with you. If someone makes a statement on a forum or Message Board and they are identified on another Forum or Message Board, if the information bnroadcasted was personal or private they are most stupid/foolish to post it in the first place.


I agree with you about the last part but don't agree that this gives you license to broadcast the information revealed by their stupidity elsewhere.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Forum rules All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum