nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index nglreturns.myfreeforum.org
Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rules of the Forum
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Forum rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.

Posted:     Post subject:

JMC
Junior Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote

Some is my opinion, the rest is just a comparison between the old rules and the current rules which can be done through viewing Google cache (as the precise nature of admin's many, many edits of the rules are not volunteered otherwise).
Ketty

Location: Walking the narrow path, singing merrily and living Victoriously

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaker's forum: Shaker makes da rulez, rethinks the rules, amends the rules.  Shaker's rules rule on his forum.  Maybe he should make that a rule.  No problem.  
JMC
Junior Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Shaker made both sets of rules.

This set:

(link)

And the current set, created piecemeal after numerous edits to the OP and visible there.

I don't see any harm in comparing, despite any apparent reluctance from admin in revealing what changes have been made and why. Do you?  
Ketty

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMC wrote:

And the current set, created piecemeal after numerous edits to the OP and visible there.

Not sure of your point.  You say 'created piecemeal' as if it's a bad thing.  Knowing Shaker, they would have taken much careful thought.

JMC wrote:
I don't see any harm in comparing, despite any apparent reluctance from admin in revealing what changes have been made and why.

No, no harm at all.  It just doesn't interest me.  The rules were what they were, they are what they are, and no doubt at some point in the future they will be what they will be.  It's Shaker's forum and he doesn't need to account to any of us here for how he wants it to run.
JMC
Junior Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketty wrote:
JMC wrote:

Not sure of your point.  You say 'created piecemeal' as if it's a bad thing.

I'm saying "created piecemeal" because that best describes an OP that has been edited 16 times. And how exactly am I saying it "as if it's a bad thing"? What part of the statement, as it appears, communicates such negativity?

Quote:
No, no harm at all.  It just doesn't interest me.

Right. Okay then.  

Last edited by JMC on Sun May 04, 2014 8:54 am; edited 3 times in total
Ketty

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMC wrote:

I'm saying "created piecemeal" because that best describes an OP that has been edited 16 times, most of which happened since Lexi left.

I don't see anything particularly significant in that, other than Shaker's back at the helm and desiring to put his own mark on it again.  Maybe it's a male thing, wanting to mark their territory?  Maybe it's a male thing wanting to question it?  Or maybe he's just re-thunk some of the finer points.  Don't knock it, it keeps him busy and out of mischief.

What is it you want him to do/say?
JMC
Junior Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't see anything particularly significant in that...

Well, neither did I, but then you picked up on the use of the word (apparently you think I "said" it as though it were a bad thing, but I can't see how you got that interpretation from the words as I typed them).

Anyway, all this doesn't interest you, as you've mentioned above.
Derek
Senior Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketty wrote:
Shaker's forum: Shaker makes da rulez, rethinks the rules, amends the rules.  Shaker's rules rule on his forum.  Maybe he should make that a rule.  No problem.  

But if Shaker wants to speak to anyone, other then you, he needs to start showing some integrity, or it will all go back to what it was before Lexi took over. It is a public forum intended for public contributions. It has only been set up by Shaker. He cannot literally own it and without public participation what has he got? You. Get with the program girl and smell the coffee before you both lose the small amounts of support you have. Why should JMC want to participate here after you just spoke to him like you did, and please do not say what shaker says to wind posters up by showing them the door, because when they start walking through it then they will not stop and you will never get them back. It only becomes Shakers forum when he closes it to the public, like R&E. JMC can always join the Boygs forum.

Is TV still around? Seems like you and Shaker have shacked up together leaving TV in the outhouse, poor fella. Someone has really got vocal since we lost Lexi.
Christians believe in the Godhead. God, the father, and his son, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, who testifies of His Truth. Three  Separate and Distinct Individuals. Anything else is false doctrine, the teaching of men.
Ketty

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMC wrote:
Quote:
I don't see anything particularly significant in that...

Well, neither did I, but then you picked up on the use of the word (apparently you think I "said" it as though it were a bad thing, but I can't see how you got that interpretation from the words as I typed them).

Anyway, all this doesn't interest you, as you've mentioned above.

I'm not interested in Shaker doing what he wants with his rules on his forum, I'm interested in why you are so interested as to keep on about it.  As I asked, what do you want him to do/say?
JMC
Junior Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketty wrote:

I'm not interested in Shaker doing what he wants with his rules on his forum, I'm interested in why you are so interested as to keep on about it.

"Keeping on about it" is a subjective term. I brought up the rule changes less than 24 hours ago. That it is still being discussed now is largely down to your continued posts here; Shaker's already responded ISTM.

As I said - what is the harm in posting the old rules? You agreed there is none and that you're not interested. Everything else since then has been replies to your posts, answering your question as to why the disussion is still going on: you're perpetuating it!  

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Forum rules All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: