nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index nglreturns.myfreeforum.org
Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Atheist minister?
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> All faiths and none
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.

Posted:     Post subject:

Powwow
Senior Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote

What I am trying to get at is the fact that atheists don't appear any more respectful than the rest.  If we don't have a flawed nature, then why, even among civilized peoples, do we kill each other, go to war, over disagreements? War is a part of our flawed human nature, it has always been with us and science and evolution won't get rid of it. Science will just change how we go about war. There is the evolution, not our flawed nature but how we go about showing our flaw. Science can't touch human nature and I see no evidence that it will evolve.
If we can't all get along and respect each other, then I ask as you did, why? What is in our nature to make us kill? You may wonder why Christians don't all get along and I ask why atheists don't. You see no flaw but I am convince there is something that needs to be fixed about us. I believe that Christians struggle to live as Christ commanded because of our human nature and this is why all won't respect each other as you want them to. You can call for people to respect each other and that is good, but what goes wrong those rare times when you yourself slip and disrespect somebody? Do you look in the mirror and blame it on religion or do you blame it on your nature, blame it on the fact that, like the rest of us, you are not perfect, but are imperfect, flawed.

"War is always existing by nature between every Greek city state."   Plato

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7RHmsg86G0
trentvoyager

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powwow

Just as an aside - I'm saddened that you felt it necessary to leave R&E but having felt the temptation myself I'm not altogether surprised that you have left.

Just be aware that even when I disagree with your posts which I do more often than not I still enjoy your posting - you make me laugh quite a bit which in itself is a good thing.

At present I'm not around that much due to what they apparently refer to as real life so only realised today that you were gone.

My best wishes to you.
The Boyg
Senior Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trentvoyager wrote:
Powwow

Just as an aside - I'm saddened that you felt it necessary to leave R&E but having felt the temptation myself I'm not altogether surprised that you have left.

Just be aware that even when I disagree with your posts which I do more often than not I still enjoy your posting - you make me laugh quite a bit which in itself is a good thing.

At present I'm not around that much due to what they apparently refer to as real life so only realised today that you were gone.

My best wishes to you.

There are people who have responsibility in that group who want to turn it into a homogenous nodfest.

They are slowly getting their way.
trentvoyager

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Boyg wrote:
trentvoyager wrote:
Powwow

My best wishes to you.

There are people who have responsibility in that group who want to turn it into a homogenous nodfest.

I'm not sure it is an intentional move - but I do think that it is happening.
Whether by accident or design I'm not sure.
Leonard James
Senior Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Boyg wrote:
trentvoyager wrote:
Powwow

My best wishes to you.

Can somebody please explain to this oldie what exactly a "homogenous nodfest" is?
Powwow
Senior Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Trent. Ya, we don't agree a lot but I respect you. If I didn't it would be a hard thing for me to apologize when I've wrong you in some way. But it isn't hard with you, you're a good person.  Oh, I'll pop in here and lean against a tombstone from time to time. Drawing designs in the sand with a stick, waiting for some ghost to appear. (smilies)

Powwow
Senior Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it is an increasingly hostile environment to people of the Christian faith over there, Leo. The moderation is not without bias. I think Ketty was longsuffering going to bat for Christians and pointing out the bias moderation. Leo, do you believe if I had on a serious thread, posted that all pagans should be rounded up and shot, that the mods would not have taken action against me?
Ippy got away with calling for the shooting of evangelicals because ippy was not me and it was evangelicals, not gays or some other group targeted. Never have I seen such a post over there? You know Rhi posted a little piece in her section on the wind whipping her coat about ,smacking her face, rain pelting her. The wind moaning and that's all she needs. Well I made fun of the moans of the wind and Rhi liking the whipping, the smacking and pelting. She had a melt down and Gordon instantly removed my post and warned me not to mention what she gets out of nature. But an atheist can call for people like my parents to be shot and call it a joke later on. And I, after demanding my membership be terminated, get banned as a retaliation and the head mod misleads you members by not mentioning that the ban was a retaliation to my demand.
It is becoming a site where all will nod to each other in a herd mentality when going after a people of faith. It is hostile over there. Believe it or not there are Christians that are really good people, I cringe thinking of one of them looking in at the site and comes across a post calling for their murder.

Powwow
Senior Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I'll tell ya this. I'm to watch for that post of Ippy's appearing again. Some people want to have a look at it if it does and do a bit of investigating . Wink, wink.

trentvoyager

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can somebody please explain to this oldie what exactly a "homogenous nodfest" is?

I  think what Boyg is saying is that it is turning into a group of like minded people all agreeing with each other.
Powwow
Senior Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing the subject, has anybody heard from Anchorman/Jim?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> All faiths and none All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: