nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index nglreturns.myfreeforum.org
Nglreturns is a forum to discuss religion, philosophy, ethics etc...

NGLReturns Daily Quiz - Play here!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does the Almighty aprove of any rype of worship?
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Christian chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamesJah
Well Known Chatterbox...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Does the Almighty aprove of any rype of worship?  Reply with quote

Is the Father of Jesus showing people what he thinks of Christmas?

Or is it my imagination?

Revelation 9:20, 21
The rest of the men who were not killed by these plagues did not repent of the works of their hands, so that they should not worship the demons and the idols of gold and silver and copper and stone and wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk;  and they did not repent of their murders nor of their spiritistic practices nor of their fornication nor of their thefts. . .
cyberman
Senior Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Does the Almighty aprove of any rype of worship? Reply with quote

JamesJah wrote:

Or is it my imagination?

The rest of the men who were not killed by these plagues did not repent of the works of their hands, so that they should not worship the demons and the idols of gold and silver and copper and stone and wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk;  and they did not repent of their murders nor of their spiritistic practices nor of their fornication nor of their thefts. . .

It is your imagination, yes.
Jim
Senior Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What worship does God require, James?
You have read Micah, haven't you?
Derek
Senior Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Does the Almighty aprove of any rype of worship? Reply with quote

JamesJah wrote:

Or is it my imagination?

Why Christmas? The verse is very interesting, especially when it says "The rest of the men who were not killed by these plagues did not repent of the works of their hands" what denominations does not believe that we have to repent? I know it is talking about the last days and the state in which men will become, however, how have you connected it with Christmas?
Christians believe in the Godhead. God, the father, and his son, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, who testifies of His Truth. Three  Separate and Distinct Individuals. Anything else is false doctrine, the teaching of men.
gone
Well Known Chatterbox...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Does the Almighty aprove of any rype of worship? Reply with quote

JamesJah wrote:

Or is it my imagination?

Your imagination!
Jim
Senior Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God obviously changed His mind, James...
THe WTBTS was perfectly happy with Christmas for the first five decades or so of its' existance.
Now, either God was wrong - and I doubt this - or the WTBTS was not being 'a faithful and discreet slave' but was, in fact, abandoning God...

Er.......
Jim
Senior Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Citations from your own religion's endorsement of Christmas, Birthdays, flags....
Thanks for reminding me to post it again for you, James.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/celebrations.php

Merry Christmas!
Derek
Senior Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim wrote:
Citations from your own religion's endorsement of Christmas, Birthdays, flags....
Thanks for reminding me to post it again for you, James.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/celebrations.php

Merry Christmas!

Oh dear, you are a Jehovah Witness. That makes you an enemy to the bornos. Who will undoubtedly see you as rich pickings for their hostilities. Be assured that you will not recieve such hostile judgement from me. I claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of my own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may. Unfortunately,  bornos think they have all the answers and that makes you wrong.
Christians believe in the Godhead. God, the father, and his son, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, who testifies of His Truth. Three  Separate and Distinct Individuals. Anything else is false doctrine, the teaching of men.
JamesJah
Well Known Chatterbox...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim wrote:
What worship does God require, James?
You have read Micah, haven't you?

James 1:26, 27
If any man seems to himself to be a formal worshiper and yet does not bridle his tongue, but goes on deceiving his own heart, this manís form of worship is futile. The form of worship that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation, and to keep oneself without spot from the world.

What is keeping one self without spot from the world?
Jim
Senior Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is keeping one from answering points?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nglreturns.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Christian chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 1 of 28

Jump to: